• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ghosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
In my Opinions I know a few people who say they have seen a ghost sitting on a bed. Or walking through a door.

Where I live i hear Things Such has Walking up or down the staircase or someone walking around upstairs whilst no once is home.

I would like to be able to see ghosts but the problem is we do not wish to open our eyes to the truth our man kind prefers to hide from the fact Ghosts or another being is following you around or protecting you.

What are you Opinions on this Fact of Beliving in Ghosts ?

Level 26
I am an agnostic on everything, though anything not scientifically proven are moot to me. Ghosts are one of them. People get overreactions from many things. There were lights over a lake caused by the inflammation of naturaly occurring gases. A cabinet opens and closes, but a person's fear of the dark dramaticizes it. It all most likely has an explanation.

Level 19
But this fact has proven to be real.

Whilst under depression and you listen to a loose weight Cd it may cause you too see flashes of evil spirits.

This has been proven because of my mom has happend to her. (Shes one of them wemon who thinks their fat but they are skinny)

Lucky i havent listend to it since i am suffering from depression.

But i might tho i love horrific images.

Level 7
Yeah, I guess you could say I believe in Ghosts. Regardless whether you think I'm bullshitting or not, I've seen one. And no, it's not one entity where it has a possibility of having a logical explanation - I've thought about it over, and over, and over again.. Thinking of how I could've seen a being on the reflection of my television screen... But it really creeps me out. Due to that experience, I couldn't sleep in my own room for 2 years because I was really creeped out about the sight of it.. Anyways, I'm over it now, so it's all good. But ever since I saw what I saw, I ALWAYS have my television screen angled into a tight corner of my room where I can't see the screen.

Level 27
What we call "reality" is just how our brain perceives it.
If you believe strongly enough at any given point, you can see anything you want, or don't want to see. When the brain is focused on a thought, such as ghosts, it may turn any image, be it shadows, reflections, lights, into what its thinking about, and if the thought is strong enough, it will appear real.
The brain will also blow things out of proportion, such as a creaking door, etc. when it is fearful, and assume, and then create the reality of a ghost.
--donut3.5--

Level 19
I think Ghosts may be a fact of your brain triggering your eyes to see stuff whats not their or not their to the naked eye.

As due to my short eye distence i end up seeing double people and double writing or sometimes i can see through a piece of paper.

The seeing through paper i can explain because if one of my eyes stops working my other eye can see around the paper which causes me to see through the paper.

Level 10
Im not scared of em because i dont believe in them. Nope, people sometimes dont like the "explinations" that they get about what the "ghost" they saw really was. So they go into denial, and start seeing it more often. Its all mind tricks, just like "magic". All tricks and illusions, images your mind mis-identifies.

No such things as Ghosts, unless i see or hear some kind of real proof other then hearing about what someone THOUGHT they saw. Or if i see one myself.

Nope, never seen one, never will, because they dont exist. Call me short-minded, but you wont convince me otherwise.

Level 19
I do think ghosts are all around us but you can only see them if you wish to see them.

Its not what your mind whats to belive its whats in your heart.

Go to a pyshic or a person who contacts the dead"becareful with these they can get evil spirits coming through"

Theirs such thing as magic but black magic which casues evil spirits to come out i tihnk its called Wegie Board. Its where you use a crystal or glass objact on a board with letters and you place your hand on it and its poss to spell out stuff by ghosts moving your hand.

My mother always says never play around with those as they are black magic.

Level 45
When i had bad paranoia last year, in bed I would hear the whispers of little children and seeing feet/legs walk past my door. I would also have recurring images of faces, skeletal looking or very malnourished, all of which were in despair, whether I had my eyes closed or not.... and demonic dogs....skeletal..demonic but as if made of smoke running past doorways and such...

I do believe it was just paranoia and mind ... but a part of me is..err...kinda dreamy and easily taken for a fool. Indeed. So.. im kinda wavy in what i believe in, just depends on my mood i guess .

As my saying goes "If you love it, if you fear it, if your hate it..then it's real"

I do think ghosts are all around us but you can only see them if you wish to see them.
Just like placebo works only when you believe in it. Human mind is tricked very easily.

Just as donut said, heart is just an organ that pumps blood.

Go to a pyshic or a person who contacts the dead"becareful with these they can get evil spirits coming through"

Theirs such thing as magic but black magic which casues evil spirits to come out i tihnk its called Wegie Board. Its where you use a crystal or glass objact on a board with letters and you place your hand on it and its poss to spell out stuff by ghosts moving your hand.

Well I don't believe in magic or any incorporeal smart being such as ghosts, angels, gods, spirits... Mostly because I have never seen any of them and I have never seen or heard something happen that couldn't be explained with logic

Level 10

Your heart:

Your heart holds no thoughts. A lot of blood, but no thoughts, unless you're speaking metaphorically.

Your heart doesnt think. Your heart doesnt precieve, it cannot identify objects, it cannot solve problems. It is a very important organ, but only to pump blood to the rest of your body.

There is nothing in this world that you wont see if you dont wish to. There is millions of children dying in africa, do we wish to see them die? No. But do we? Yes.

And i think thats why you see "ghosts". You want to believe that ghosts are real, you want to see them so badly to prove yourself right that your mind brings up a false image or a hallucination of what you might have seen as a "ghost".

Perhaps there is somethings that are paranormel, magic? Probebly not, mostly illusions and mind tricks but Maybe... Not likely...But maybe.

Btw, just out of curiousity, i think i knew someone who had the same beliefs as you, im not sure but i think he said he was a "Wicken". A witch in other words. Are you wicken?

Level 24
Where I live i hear Things Such has Walking up or down the staircase or someone walking around upstairs whilst no once is home.

Expansion and contraction of the building materials of your house. It only happens at night, which is when your house is cooling down. Hot => cold creates different rates of compression in different materials, have you ever seen that? It makes noise :grin:.

"Wicken". A witch in other words. Are you wicken?

Wicca is the religion practiced by witches, but it is not exclusive to them. Practitioners of Wicca are known as Wiccans.

Level 9
ghosts CANT be real.

but i do admit there is something about human beings that is NOT genetic, and we got no clue what it is...

but ghosts? comon!

Level 27
Yeah, if you think about thought, I mean really think about it, there is no reason the chemical reactions of our bodies should make thought. There is something above us that allows us to feel, see, think, and all the other stuff. We could program a robot to act like a human, but it wouldn't think. It would react like it was programmed to, but it wouldn't think.

Something is above us, but are we just in an experiment and the logic we use is an invention of the scientists?
:whistle::whistle::whistle:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37244:whistle:

Level 6
When i had bad paranoia last year, in bed I would hear the whispers of little children and seeing feet/legs walk past my door. I would also have recurring images of faces, skeletal looking or very malnourished, all of which were in despair, whether I had my eyes closed or not.... and demonic dogs....skeletal..demonic but as if made of smoke running past doorways and such...

I do believe it was just paranoia and mind ... but a part of me is..err...kinda dreamy and easily taken for a fool. Indeed. So.. im kinda wavy in what i believe in, just depends on my mood i guess .

As my saying goes "If you love it, if you fear it, if your hate it..then it's real"

If you had paranoia, did you have some kind of "Messiah" or man or thing that could save you? Because, I've read somewhere that people with paranoia expect some Savior to save them.

Anyways, I always feared of darkness. Even I feared that maybe I could have allutinations, and see my deepest phobias in my bed or in the pure darkness.

And about ghosts, I've read somewhere that they're psychical energies from the brains of deceased people, or something.

I belive in ghosts, and I can tell you some stories involving ghosts or paranormal activities.

Something a boy has experienced:
A boy was cycling on a road. When he amost passed a lady with black clothes, he falls on the ground and his hand landed on the lady's foot. Then the lady looked at the boy and said:
- Excuse me for walking on your road.
The lady walks away, and the boy took his bike and went home as fast as he could. He had never seen this lady before, and he has never seen her ever again.

Something a girl has experienced:
Late night, a girl went past a cemetery. Suddenly, something blocked her way as if it was a wall. The girl tried to go around it, but it didn't work. After a few minutes, the "invinsible wall" was gone and the girl could easily move on.

Something my mother's grandma has experienced:
My mother's grandma had a friend that said to her like this:
- When I die, I will come to visit you for the last time.
Great Granny said:
- Rubbish! You can't visit someone when you're dead.

When great grandma sat on her chair, a white hand appeared in the window and the window bursted. Great grandma thought it was some brats fooling around, so she went out. But no one was there.
She later found out that her friend died in the same stroke as the incident happened.

Something I have experienced:
Once when I was on my way to school (I was a teenager then), I've heard a dog bark, which sounded exact like my sister's dog (is dead a long time ago). The weird part is I coudn't see any dog. I looked at all directions........no dog.
And the bark sound was pretty clear and not far away.
That was the only paranormal activity I've seen (heard, in this incident).

robot-dude said:

There are things you should know when you use the Wegie Board or similar:
- It's not a game. You use it to make serious contacts with spirits. If you ignore this fact, then you're the only one to blame.
- Do it alone or with friends that are reliable and serious.
- If you feel afraid? Defeat your fears first and then use the Wegie Board.
- If you want to be sure that you do not attract evil spirits, start the session by creating a protective circle.
- Be corteus. Show some respect when you ask questions.
- Do not believe in everything what the spirit says. Even spirits might tell a lie.
- If you notice that you're getting addicted to the spirit world's councils, then burn the board.
- If you get any weird, offensive answers - quit the whole process.
- Never ever ask questions that you wish not to be answered - like when you're gonna die and so on.
- Never ever invite a spirit in to your body. No matter if it works or not, it's just really stupid.

I'm staying away from these horrible things, because I don't wanna face some bad consequences (escpecially when the rituals go bad, or that evil spirits are in prescense).

Level 21
IMO ghosts are just tricks of the mind, and darkness effects it. One reason I think that things like darkness cause strange, eerie things in the mind is that if I stare at a doorway with a light on the other side and the door's just barely cracked open and it's dark in the room I'm in after awhile of concentrating on the cracked door everything around me starts shifting,moves around, and distorts. Another thing that can creep someone out is if they wear glasses (which I do). My grandmother has a house, and in her house about every single corner's full of dolls. If there's a doll silhouetted to my right or left, kind of far away, and I turn my head away from it, the curve of the end of my glasses lens distorts the doll and makes it look like its head is turning

Also in the dark your imagination twists images dramatically. Once when I was little I slept with my mom and dad in their bed after having a nightmare. And whenever I looked in the bathroom I saw a faint image of a creepy man in a white robe staring at me, same for when I looked in the mirror near the bed that reflected into the bathroom. There was a white towel hung up in the bathroom as I found out later. Another time when I was in my own bed, a looked out the window behind it and saw a man lying against a tree staring at me. What it was was simply the moonlight shining on the tree and my imagination distorting the shapes. IMO, it helps to squint whenever you see something you might not think is real

Level 24
Yeah, if you think about thought, I mean really think about it, there is no reason the chemical reactions of our bodies should make thought. There is something above us that allows us to feel, see, think, and all the other stuff. We could program a robot to act like a human, but it wouldn't think. It would react like it was programmed to, but it wouldn't think.

Something is above us, but are we just in an experiment and the logic we use is an invention of the scientists?
:whistle::whistle::whistle:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37244:whistle:

Humans only react, what makes us so unique is the incredibly complex ways in which we react, and that individuals can react completely opposite to the same stimulus.

@Dan van Ohllus: "A boy" and "a girl" are not very specific, or credible.
I myself do not entirely believe in spirits, but the part of me that does knows that it's mind against mind. I'll be damned if I'm not the stronger will.

Level 27
Wegie boards are painful.

We don't only react, we feel, we understand, we think. If you take a picture, the computer doesn't see it, it has the data of the picture, we see the picture, not just store the data.

Dang, this is hard. Am I explaining this correctly?

Level 27
Honestly, if urban legends didn't spread around ghosts wouldn't exist.
And for the first story DvO, I see plenty of people once and only once, and black is a style.
Also about the Ouija board, if spirits are controlling my hand, I think my spirits must be retarded, everything goes to WXHSM or something of the like.
This is if there really is an afterlife, and if there is, why would spirits even want to spend it where they did for the last many years? And if spirits remained on after death, there would be billions and billions and more spirits. And if the dead could make change after death, the whole world would be fucked twice over with ghosts getting revenge on people...
--donut3.5--

Level 26
Honestly, if urban legends didn't spread around ghosts wouldn't exist.
And for the first story DvO, I see plenty of people once and only once, and black is a style.
Also about the Ouija board, if spirits are controlling my hand, I think my spirits must be retarded, everything goes to WXHSM or something of the like.
This is if there really is an afterlife, and if there is, why would spirits even want to spend it where they did for the last many years? And if spirits remained on after death, there would be billions and billions and more spirits. And if the dead could make change after death, the whole world would be fucked twice over with ghosts getting revenge on people...
--donut3.5--
indeed, if they were all ghosts, we'd be having white hands grabbing our shoulders all the time. there are plenty of dead people in the world.

Level 26
Yes, they are very complex, but it's more than that, we are conscious.
"I think therefore I am." - someone
If you don't know what I mean I don't think I can explain it. Red looks like...
I don't think YOU know what it means. Cogito ergo sum means the most certain thing in the world is that I exist, the reason being everything in the world can be a trick on my 5 senses, but something has to process these tricks into their mind, and that is me. Therefore, knowing that i think, thinking being something that goes beyond the 5 senses, makes me certain of my existence.

Level 19
I Belive those people who have experenced "Ghost incounters" only those who are trapped between both worlds which is called "Limbo" and in limbo you only get trapped their if you die with out making your peace with someone or doing something for that person or are to evil to be released their spirit anywhere.

Have you watched that news before about that young boy who could remember his past life when he was a child and where he lived.

that was spooky when you die you have at least 500 years or more before you come back to earth.

Unless that one spirit got back to try and see his family maybe.

Level 24
America is one of the few cultures in the world that does not believe in reincarnation, but that's hardly "ghosts."

Level 26
I Belive those people who have experenced "Ghost incounters" only those who are trapped between both worlds which is called "Limbo" and in limbo you only get trapped their if you die with out making your peace with someone or doing something for that person or are to evil to be released their spirit anywhere.

Have you watched that news before about that young boy who could remember his past life when he was a child and where he lived.

that was spooky when you die you have at least 500 years or more before you come back to earth.

Unless that one spirit got back to try and see his family maybe.
I'm sorry, were we discussing how ghosts are like? No, we are discussing whether ghosts exist or not. You've already talked about ghosts = people in limbo anyhow.

But they don't apologize for walking on roads. It would be weird if all people did.
The old lady weared some kind of a very old black coat (cannot understand the style of that).
And the environment was in some kind of a village, where almost everyone know eachother.

Level 3
NO ONE can tell me ghosts dont exist. No one I dont care about you explainations My eyes dont Lie to me I know they exist because I've seen one. Well not really seen all of it I saw a head and eyes everynight up in the our houses attic window a few times in the porch and The last time I saw it was on a foggy day I was in the attic and I saw it out fairly far from the house

Level 24
Actually, your eyes do lie to you. So do your memories. Eyewitnesses are actually next to useless in criminal trials.

Level 26
NO ONE can tell me ghosts dont exist. No one I dont care about you explainations My eyes dont Lie to me I know they exist because I've seen one. Well not really seen all of it I saw a head and eyes everynight up in the our houses attic window a few times in the porch and The last time I saw it was on a foggy day I was in the attic and I saw it out fairly far from the house
You eyes do lie to you. Nazi propaganda will tell your eyes the jews are evil. Special effects in a movie will tell you the impossible is very well possible. One way or another, looks will be deceiving. To say your eyes don't deceive you is merely saying you like to judge books by their covers and jump on bandwagons.

As for how you don't care for logical explanations and how no one can tell you ghosts don't exist, it's your loss, really. If you refuse to listen to reason, it's only you deluding yourself. Quite frankly, we don't really give a shit.

Level 3
Quite frankly I dont give a shit about what you think either so we are on even terms lol

As for eyewitnesses in criminal trials The reason they are useless is because they were most likely panicked at the time it happened. That exagerates and distorts what you remember. That is very simple to figure out

And as for the special effects in movies.... please spare me lol key words IN MOVIES!!!

And as for saying I "Like to judge books by thier cover" I dont That is like saying I dont judge my friends for who they are but what they look like its insulting!

Level 26
Quite frankly I dont give a shit about what you think either so we are on even terms lol
Oh, don't get me wrong. We all give a shit about what we say to each other one way or another. But if you are refusing to learn, we've done all we can.
As for eyewitnesses in criminal trials The reason they are useless is because they were most likely panicked at the time it happened. That exagerates and distorts what you remember. That is very simple to figure out
You aren't panicked at the moment you see ghosts?
And as for the special effects in movies.... please spare me lol key words IN MOVIES!!!
Please spare me the lol key words YOU SAID SEEING IS BELIEVING
And as for saying I "Like to judge books by thier cover" I dont That is like saying I dont judge my friends for who they are but what they look like its insulting!
MySpaceBarBroke said:
Please spare me the lol key words YOU SAID SEEING IS BELIEVING

Status
Not open for further replies.