• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

German Soldier

The long-awaited german soldier model from WW2: World in flames is now released.

Goes perfectly with practically every weapon attachment i ever published, but is especially made to fit with this attachment. Also features a "stand large" animation used to display the unit inside a transport (something i will upload at a later time).

Here's a shot of it ingame holding Kitabatake's "suomi-kp" model:
85542d1279127309-suomi-kp-submachinegun-skp.jpg

(the unit's size in the "stand large" animation has been decreased since this image was taken - i know, it was HUMONGOUS!)

This model has the following attachment points:
*Chest
*Head
*Overhead
*Origin
*Hand, Right (for weapons)

Let me know if you have any problems with this model.
Have fun and give credit, also make sure to visit the project thread!

Keywords:
German, ww2, soldier, nazi, waffen, infantry, world war
Contents

German Soldier (Model)

Reviews
20:53, 13th Dec 2010 anarchianbedlam: An absolutely beautiful model. Useful and a very low filesize for the quality of work. 138 for a model and texture? nice. The animations are butter smooth. Great work on this one. Approvazzled. (and I assume...

M

20:53, 13th Dec 2010
anarchianbedlam: An absolutely beautiful model. Useful and a very low filesize for the quality of work. 138 for a model and texture? nice. The animations are butter smooth. Great work on this one.
Approvazzled.

(and I assume that the stand large anim is for sitting in vehicles? awesome)

Level 6
very good model. 5/5 +rep, but the only thing that really bothers me, is there is no ears.
other than that, epic model. very useful

Level 9
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D :D :D. I'm sooooo happy now that you released it XD. Outstanding job anyways, I liked it alot since its not another guy in marine armor.

5/5

In the screenshot it seems his head is too big and the legs too short. Anyway, nice work.

You are right about that, it is a perspective problem that i have with many of my models. It's not awfully bad if you're using it in a strategy map though.

Thanks everyone who gave rep and rated, an especially thanks to anarchian for the very flattering moderation. ;)

Level 4
The feet are so small it's hilarious. Fine animations, this really could work really well for risk games. Good to see this trooper model has legs.

Now to attach that MP40 on this German guy and leave the AK for the Russian. You do have a separate model/Texture for the Soviet Union troops right?

Now everyone can make maps about killing Nazis. Good work Fingolfin.

well, his feet aren't that small, and to be honest his head isn't that big (although still big), it is mostly due to the perspective of the shot. The somewhat baggy pants also helps give that impression, i wanted them to fold up in the bottom rear like they do on hte classic nazi uniforms. ;)

There is a soviet model (and it does have ears, lol), though i'm not going to release it until i release the entire map. The proportions on that model are much better.

Visit the project thread to see some images of it.

Level 2
Very detailed work,right down to the potato-mashers! :D
I have some toy soldiers of my dads',this reminds me alot of them, even the scale is the same as in the screen shot when they sit in their half-track,lol 5/5

Level 11
very good model. 5/5 +rep, but the only thing that really bothers me, is there is no ears.
other than that, epic model. very useful

Ears aren't important ;d? It's a helm who covers them anyway, and why add something that aint vissible? would cost more size :3 and the ears woulden't be vissible on WC3 normal cam either so...
It looks very good... :3

Level 8
I'd just like to point out that this is a Waffen-SS soldier, indicated by the SS on his helmet. Regular Heer soldiers would be pretty much identical, minus the SS.

Still a good model though, just arm them with any of the following: K 98s, MP 40s, MG 34s and MG 42s, STG 44s, Panzerfausts, Panzerschreks, and G 43s.

Level 2
:D for 2 years ago , i tryed make a map that shud copy/look like the world war (was little fail) and it had been much better with this model ^^ : its so nice texture + the skin looks rly like 1 nazi from day of defeat ^^ . 5/5

edited.

Level 3
:D for 2 years ago , i tryed make a map that shud copy/look like the world war (was little fail) and it had been much better with this model ^^ : its so nice texture + the skin looks rly like 1 nazi from day of defeat ^^ . 5/5

edited.

Day Of Defeat doesn't starr Nazi's , Its simple German soldiers for Wehrmacht, it would kinda be hard to get a game through with Nazi's [ They shall not be encouraged or something...]

Edit; But yes, it is very alike the DoD soldiers :D:D

Level 4
Bwahahaha... I have returned to give more comments on spectacular models! And this here is a piece of artwork! I love the smoking feature in game, makes me laugh a little. I was working on a Call of Duty 2 map a long time ago. Due to insufficient models that I could not produce myself, It was shutdown. Now you have reopened my map... alls I need is an American Soldier model.. You wouldn't mind making one of them would ya xD? Anyways, the texture is great for that of a model such as this. Works for many maps such as my Call Of Duty 2 map and more. Can be used to hold different attachments, such as the MP40 on this website (Which I have used in that map of mine). I love the model and how realistic it is. +Rep and 5/5 Keep up the awesome work!

I am working on an american soldier right now, it will be published as soon as the project is released, though it might come sooner depending on how long we have to push the launch. Glad to know you are using it, it is teh greatest of joys for a modeler to see his pieces in action. ;)

@The flamestorm: Keep an eye on the project page, we will be announcing beta participants within weeks and get going with the tests, so it shouldn't take long before we can release it.