• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] - Helping with names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Jennifer? Ugh. This looks like it is a German-inspired SRPG (the high-res models fit medieval Germany so well). Jennifer does not fit in my opinion.

Level 24
Maric, Christoff, Jakob, Roland, Marcus, Jared, Jaramin, Warek, Faralyn, Josh, Crone, Aggram, Carigen, Nilan, Axel, Hulgar, Calen, Jake, Hrothgar, Allistor, Cid or Bahlen.

Level 11
Human King : Warian Dormaine

Imperial Commander : Galioth the Impaler (any other title)\

Imperial Captain : Captain Darion , Crusarion (darius lol)

Arch mage : Gordon , Gardanor , Vallanar , etc...

Hope you like them, if you do ill come up some more :)

Level 1
Ok guys this topic is alive once again:
For now I need next:

(1) Human King
(1) Imperial Commander
(2) Imperial Captain
(1) Archmage

More will come later :)

- Krieg.
- Cedryk.
- Diedar.
- Ga'al.

(I tried to make them have at least 2 vowels...I don't know why)

Level 3
Hey guys! You probably don't know me, but that's not important right now. What IS important is that the SotP history will be finished very soon! And for it to be done, certain names are required!

Needed names for:

-Planet (Azeroth)
-Continent (Kalimdor)
-Area (Lordaderon, that's probably not how it's spelled)
-City/province/village (...)

Those are needed really fast! Multiple suggestions for those are very much welcomed! Please help -Kobas- out here!

:cool:

*Legend: names in () are the reference from Warcraft campaign (as if you didn't know that).

Last edited:
Level 3
Will see about that. Good suggestions, Remixer! :thumbs_up: I hope to see some more suggestions soon! Please? :cute:

Btw, I knew how Lordaeron was spelled, just wanna make sure other people do too :hohum:

Last edited:
Level 24
Planet - Barst, Nadrag & Umaroth
Coninent - Hrothgar, Vreal & Nial
Area - Valley of Awe & Dragons Landing
City - DaggerSpine & Volun

Level 13
Planet - Barst, Nadrag & Umaroth
Coninent - Hrothgar, Vreal & Nial
Area - Valley of Awe & Dragons Landing
City - DaggerSpine & Volun

Correct me if I am not right, however I am right, these are from book Eragon :p

Barst: General of Urû'baen at the final battle with Galbatorix
Nadrag: Phew I dunno what was this
Umaroth: Vrael's dragon, white one, and he slained at the battle of Vroengard, just his Elundarí left at the Vault of Souls.
Hrothgar: Dwarf king( the 42th one )
Vrael: Leader of the dragon riders at the dawn of the Folsworns
Neal: Was the pseudonym of Brom when he and Eragon visited Teirm
Volund: Ancient dwarven war hammer that was forged by the first dwarf king and used by the dwarf kings for ages.

Cool names anyway, but they already in use. Better to use some original.

Last edited:
Level 24
Some of them are yes but you can also accuse of taking Hrothgar from various other places like Icewind Dale which was the original place it came from. And even though now that you say it many I didn't even think about even though Barst, Umaroth and Vrael was I didn't realize that I almost identicly coppied other names like Volund. However if I wanted to copy names from Eragon just blanclly I could have given you alot of other examples like Aren, Beloth, Gleadr, Shruikan, Orik, Solumbom, Grimr, Shadowhunter, Yelloweyes, Firnen, Islanzadi, Blagden, Belgabad and alot of others. I could also tell you that all the songs I've suggested I've heard from either Ulduar the Movie http://www.modenstudios.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=1 or the Nightwish songs from Imaginearium album.

Last edited:
Level 3
If I wanted to bite names from video games and such, I'd use Skyrim as a reference for everything. But I need something original as to bring a certain level of "uniqueness" to SotP. No one want's to see Aragon and Boromir as the names of the characters, or Mordor and Minas Tirith as the names of the areas/cities, am I right?

Anyways, great suggestions so far! Keep 'em coming! :thumbs_up:

Oh, I almost forgot! If you could suggest a name of a RACE (like Orcs, Elves, Kajit and others) that would be great. No need to wrack your brains about it, just give it a thought. I can use it in the story, but it is not really necessary, I can just go around it.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Oh, I almost forgot! If you could suggest a name of a RACE (like Orcs, Elves, Kajit and others) that would be great. No need to wrack your brains about it, just give it a thought. I can use it in the story, but it is not really necessary, I can just go around it.

Spirits - Ancient creatures which are used to live in forests and desert. They are messengers of the gods and they can be very dangerous if needed. Killing a spirit will curse the killer to became spirit himself after death. Life of a spirit is like hell all the time pain and they are trying to find way to escape with their anger. Some rumors tells that they have some contacts with undead or dead creatures.

Level 24
Reptillian - Reptillians are a reptile creature that have evolved from saltwater crocodiles and where named by humans since they were incapebl of talk but stole the ability from some of their human prisoners and are now capeble of talking and even though they've never been friends with the human race they have a agreed on peace to avoid loss of life. Even thogh they usally stand on their back legs which are larger and more muscular then those of crocodiles, however they hunt just like crocodiles which is by laying still in the water waiting for the pray to come to them and when the prey is stuck they do their deathroll. They have inherited the saltwater crocodiles size (and alitle more) since the saltwater crocodile is the largest crocodile the reptillians are larger then any human. Reptillians also don't use armor since they also have inherited the crocodiles thick scale which outmatches most armors. Unlike humans the reptillians don't have fingers which means they are incapeble of grabing things, tools and wepons but their teeths and claws makes more perfect wepons then any swords.

-Saltwater Crocodile-
salt_water_crocodile.jpg

Level 3
No, no, guys; you're missing the point. Remixer, -Kobas- already has Spirits as creeps, so that wont work, and lowe1994ba, Reptilians are not original.

Try thinking of a name that's something between Elves and Humans - like, Elvans! Holy crap, that actually sounds good! Lol :D I'm using it!

Okay, race name suggestions are WITHDRAWN! But feel free to post some anyway.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
No, no, guys; you're missing the point. Remixer, -Kobas- already has Spirits as creeps, so that wont work, and lowe1994ba, Reptilians are not original.

Try thinking of a name that's something between Elves and Humans - like, Elvans! Holy crap, that actually sounds good! Lol :D I'm using it!

Okay, race name suggestions are WITHDRAWN! But feel free to post some anyway.

My ideas are much more important than -Kobas- so he can remove spirits. So there also can´t be ent cause they are as creeps. Hmm let me thing. What about Unelfs?

Level 24
So you think that Khajit was a good example for a name when you wanted a mix of human and elf?

Level 3
Khajit was just a random suggestion of an existing (?) race. Look, it's not important anymore. Seriously, just drop the whole 'race name' subject.

More importantly, I posted an important update in SotP history thread. I suggest you read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.