• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General Wii Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Although we do have that fantastic SSBB thread, it isn't the only game for the Wii (even if it turns out to be one of the best)

Thus I decided to make this thread, one for general Wii discussion.

Anyways.

One general thing about the Wii is, what's up with the lack of split-screen Multiplayer? I was lurking around ign a few days back, and I didn't see ANY games with split screen. None. Medal of Honor Heroes 2 gets an online 32 player multiplayer, which looks great, but a lack of split screen, which boggles me. It would be possible to use the Wii's aiming in split screen, but still convay the feel of "pointing at your target."

Some people seem to be complaining about lack of voice chat, but I never really liked using Ventrilo or any of that. Seems people abuse it more than make use of it...always hearing lawlz sniped bang bang bang or some other nonsense. Would be nice if Nintendo made a general online hub, and players could have real "names" for their Wii instead of a silly code, and you'd be able to see if your friends are online. Would be neat if you're playing Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and a buddy is playing Super Smash Bros online, and you'd be able to talk to each other through on-screen-keyboard or at least see that they're online.

Anywho, bring up any subject about the Wii to talk about!

Level 9
Metroid looks nice.

Not to be flamed by hard-core Nintendo fanboys, but Metroid was only decent. For all those people out there who are saying METROIDZ WILL KILL HALO 3! is completely untrue, not only because they're polar opposites but because, disappointingly, MP3 lacked multiplayer. In an interview with the Dev they said it was to make the single player experience more enjoyable, but I found it lackluster and short...only 11 hours, compared to the 20+ the first two offered. Nothing was really new in it, all the puzzles were predictable and the same, and the cinematics were terrible with bad voice acting.

The controls, on the other hand, were superb. If anyone gets around to making an awsome FPS for the Wii, it could one of the best ever. The pointing system makes any duel-joystick look sloppy and jittery.

Level 9
Not to be flamed by hard-core Nintendo fanboys, but Metroid was only decent. For all those people out there who are saying METROIDZ WILL KILL HALO 3! is completely untrue, not only because they're polar opposites but because, disappointingly, MP3 lacked multiplayer. In an interview with the Dev they said it was to make the single player experience more enjoyable, but I found it lackluster and short...only 11 hours, compared to the 20+ the first two offered. Nothing was really new in it, all the puzzles were predictable and the same, and the cinematics were terrible with bad voice acting.

The controls, on the other hand, were superb. If anyone gets around to making an awsome FPS for the Wii, it could one of the best ever. The pointing system makes any duel-joystick look sloppy and jittery.

I'm buying this in 3 days when it comes out in australia... hope it's better than what you said seeming I'm a huge fan of metroid (my favourite series after warcraft).

I don't even bother comparing systems, I have a wii, I enjoy it and it is as simple as that. I couldn't really care which system has top graphics, sound, gameplay and so on, and I don't see why everyone else does either. Just choose your system, play it and make your peace I say :p

Level 26
In my opinion, the other two competitors don't have enough game franchises that interest me to the point of buying their next console. What, buy an xbox for Halo? Nothx.

Status
Not open for further replies.