• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

It seems there is hope for the Wii after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Bah, my friends know that if they make fun of me, ill beat them up. Then down. Then I'll kick them. Then I'll laugh and school them in Halo. 360 ftw.

Even though 360 and PS3 are the same. (Dont deny it, "cell" isnt anything special, its too high-tech for it to run any higher without crashing.)

Level 22
aarkshark said:
Bah, my friends know that if they make fun of me, ill beat them up. Then down. Then I'll kick them. Then I'll laugh and school them in Halo. 360 ftw.

Even though 360 and PS3 are the same. (Dont deny it, "cell" isnt anything special, its too high-tech for it to run any higher without crashing.)

PS3 and X-box 360 arent the same, PS3 isnt evne finished but anywo, x-box doesnt have god of war, prince of eprsia, ratchet and clank, jak, and tons iof games i like. ps is the best! 8)

Level 25
PS3 is the most overly expensive thing around

It is going to fail. The 360 and the Wii are much better. This is Sony's Dreamcast

Want me to begin on why the PS3 sucks?

But yes, the Wii will rock. 4 words:
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

That not good enough?
Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess

Wii for the win

Level 22
Mecheon said:

It is going to fail. The 360 and the Wii are much better. This is Sony's Dreamcast

That not good enough?

Wii for the win

the only game i liked on th gamecube was supersmash bros, so the second part will be good i think yea, but the rest, no i rly like PS3. please tell me, why u think its bad :p only cuz its expensive? PS3 games will be 70 dollar max, just like xbox 360 and PS2, i dunno how expensive Wii games r but, its jjust not my taste, i wouldnt even wanna buy em for 10 dollars

Level 25
Ramza said:
please tell me, why u think its bad :p

Very well

1. Pitiful backwards compatability. While the PS2 lacked on some games, the PS3 is lacking on many very important games
2. The price of the games. They're $90 in America. Now, considering that PS2 games here are already $90, do you know what that'll mean? That'll mean PS3 games will go over the $100 mark. Why should I waste over $100 on a game when I could instead download a classic one on the Wii?

only cuz its expensive? PS3 games will be 70 dollar max, just like xbox 360 and PS2

You sir have missed several video game announcements, haven't you?

i dunno how expensive Wii games r but, its jjust not my taste, i wouldnt even wanna buy em for 10 dollars

They're a sane price, unlike the excessive PS3 ones. And that's your opinion

However, I have a very interesting not-made-up-on-the-spot statistic to tell you. On its first day of release, the Wii sold 3 times as many consoles as the PS3

Don't you think Sony's a bit DUMB for understocking them THAT badly? What good is supply and demmand when there's no supply and a lot of demmand?

Level 7
Mecheon said:

That not good enough?

Wii for the win

Exactly, plus Nintendo's systems usually have the least glitches, I was one of the first few to get a gamecube, and it still works perfectly fine to this day.

And I can't wait for Brawl, I won't know who to start out as (But I hope they don't take out Marth and Roy)

speaking of Brawl, here's the second trailer! :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5hTa144Mn_U

Level 22
Mecheon said:
Ramza said:
please tell me, why u think its bad :p

Very well

1. Pitiful backwards compatability. While the PS2 lacked on some games, the PS3 is lacking on many very important games
2. The price of the games. They're $90 in America. Now, considering that PS2 games here are already $90, do you know what that'll mean? That'll mean PS3 games will go over the $100 mark. Why should I waste over $100 on a game when I could instead download a classic one on the Wii?

only cuz its expensive? PS3 games will be 70 dollar max, just like xbox 360 and PS2

You sir have missed several video game announcements, haven't you?

i dunno how expensive Wii games r but, its jjust not my taste, i wouldnt even wanna buy em for 10 dollars

They're a sane price, unlike the excessive PS3 ones. And that's your opinion

However, I have a very interesting not-made-up-on-the-spot statistic to tell you. On its first day of release, the Wii sold 3 times as many consoles as the PS3

Don't you think Sony's a bit DUMB for understocking them THAT badly? What good is supply and demmand when there's no supply and a lot of demmand?

ah well i live in holland, in here theyre 70 dollars max (60 euros) and, maybe in america WII is more popular, but in china (japan, korea, dunno -.-) PS3 is the most popular, its different everywhere. ofcourse WII has more sells at the beginning, but thats just cuz its cheaper, i think at least. i rly dont know many people that own one (or they to embarrased to tel me? :p)

Level 6
Mecheon said:

That not good enough?

Wii for the win
YESS GOO Wii lots of people at my shcool think xbox 360 and ps3 three is beat but i think Wii is the best. :D 8)

Level 3
I think it comes down to a personal taste for the games. The console is nothing without decent games, hence why I never buy a console until I see what's available to play on it.

In the end, if you like the type of games being produced on the Nintendo systems (usually party games and single player action/adventures) then you'd get that system. If you prefer the games that were produced on the PS2 or xbox, then you'll probably perfer those systems.

...this is of course assuming the PS3 doesn't collapse like the PSP did. If Blue Ray doesn't catch on, Sony may have a similar problem on their hands.

On another note, what launch games are available for the PS3? I haven't been following it much, as I'm not paying more than $300 US for a console regardless.

Level 22
Afronight_76 said:
it doesnt come down to taste here, the wii WILL win. 600 dollars and basically just better graphics vs. innovation, 200 dollars, and better graphics, i wonder who will win?

btw, there's a normal controller option for the wii if you dont want to look like a fool.

better graphics?? IF Wii wins, it wont be cuz of the graphics. if people want nice graphics they buy PS3 or X Box 360. but u just say Wii is gonna win cuz u like it more. or u like PS3?

Level 9
God of War? Gears of War. GG.
Prince of Persia? Prince of Persia. Lol.
Ratchet and Clank? Halo 3. Pwnt.
Jak?... Er.. I hate those games, so. No.

Plus. The PS3 costs an insane amount.
Plus. The graphics are the same. Trust me.
Plus. Have you seen the "new" PS3 controller?
dsc2434jc1.jpg

Level 22
aarkshark said:
God of War? Gears of War. GG.
Prince of Persia? Prince of Persia. Lol.
Ratchet and Clank? Halo 3. Pwnt.
Jak?... Er.. I hate those games, so. No.

Plus. The PS3 costs an insane amount.
Plus. The graphics are the same. Trust me.
Plus. Have you seen the "new" PS3 controller?
dsc2434jc1.jpg

ok thats ur opinion :) but how can u compare god of war with gears of war? :S its totally different, god of war is like prince of persia, third person advanture. gears of war is a first person shooter (or thirds, dont remember) but gears of war IS a good game ^^ the graphics arent the same.. ive seen ps3 games and played some to. yea the price IS high, but i dont care, ive got alot of money

and who cares the ps3 controller is almost the same, its the best controller there is,, fits perfectly

Level 9
I have the Wii and my 22 year old brother has the ps3.. Guess what happened to my brothers Call of duty 3? After about 3 hours of playing it froze up and he can't play it anymore. I think its pretty clear that

PS3 SUCKs, THE WII ROCKS....

Seriously, how fun is it on the wii when you swing your sword at the swing of a remote. When ur mad you can kick the bosses ass cause u swing like crazy.

The Wii is obviously better because it puts you inside the game more then any other system.

Level 22
cheesdude said:
I have the Wii and my 22 year old brother has the ps3.. Guess what happened to my brothers Call of duty 3? After about 3 hours of playing it froze up and he can't play it anymore. I think its pretty clear that

PS3 SUCKs, THE WII ROCKS....

Seriously, how fun is it on the wii when you swing your sword at the swing of a remote. When ur mad you can kick the bosses ass cause u swing like crazy.

The Wii is obviously better because it puts you inside the game more then any other system.

the game froze.. so?? maybe cuz he doesnt treat his stuff right.. or anything
u stupid people should stop saying PS3 sucks, just cuz u dont like it. i dont like WII at all but i dont say it sucks

Level 25
Cooould have been that overheating bug of the PS3 that's going around. Because most systems tend to have an overheating bug. See: Nintendo 64, Xbox

Then Wii hilerity happens when someone swings the remote too hard and lets go, swinging so hard the Wiimote strap breaks. Bye-bye window/TV/other broken appliance, hello non-broken Wiimote

Level 4
Mecheon said:

That not good enough?

Wii for the win

Don't forget Super Mario Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.