• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which is better Wii Or Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Fun is better quality then graphics.

I still play on the N64 (yes, I still own it) because of the gameplay.
Perfect dark, Mario party, Zelda,.. Those games are just awesome.
I actualy even play SNES games sometimes... Killer instinct rocks :)

So in the end, I also prefer the Wii.

~- Heero

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Currently I'm playing Majora's Mask on my Wii, because I wasn't smart enough to get it when I had an N64.

Well, I'm playing the Gamecube version, but hell, my brother took the Gamecube back to America, so I'm fine using Gamecube games on the Wii, just another degree of awesome about it.

And my girlfriend still feels that the original NES Super Mario Brothers games are the most fun, so yes, graphics aren't anything unless there is wonderful gameplay to back it up.

Level 36
Exactly. As even Nemesis said, Kotor uses the aging and now probably outdated OpenGL graphics, and look at that fucking game! Best rpg ever made! Even games like Cs 1.6 and the original half life have outdated and primitive graphics compared to the "next gen" but they still wtfpwn! You gotta have the gameplay. If you've got that, who gives a shit about graphics.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Two words, and a number.

Final Fantasy 7.

Level 6
Saaaaaaaaaaaansui, Come Out To Play-eay!

OMFG! I love your attitude! I so want to be you when I grow up! neways! Onto the on topicness!

Yea I think the PS3 is allowed of bs, as Dan Van said, it phails at life cause life phails at it. The wii doesent have good graphics and blarh, but aslong as it has good games thats what makes it fun :D. And the Xbox 360's graphics are realistic like :p too bad I dont have it yet! but yea some games made for Xbox 360 can be boring and so...Zzzzzz, btw Sansui, me thinks you should check what you write before you write, or end up pulling a Dr.Super Good. Oh btw sorry for adding PCs in but PCs might've been beaten btw :eek:.

k thanks sit down and stfu. stupid nintendo fan boys. silly silly.

Saying stfu is rude! :O! Its against my rules to say stfu! xP. HEY dont call the nintendo fan boys stupid and silly! Its ok for them to like it! just cause you don't! doesent mean you have to CALL them stupid! sure some of em can be silly but still. Btw, it seems impossible to sit down when you are sat down, dont you think? Oo.

P.S, I done crap on this post.

Last edited:
Level 18
Umm you all are not getting the big picture.

Wii sucks its nothing new at all.
why buy a wii to play game cube games.. oh wait gc had no games either.
n64 had what 1 good game golden eye.

now back to the point wii cannot handle a huge complex game. I do not need to state facts and figures yall wouldnt believe me, look it up for yourselves.

and stop bringing up pc shit it doesnt make any sense in a console war.

And a note to the nintendo fan boys im sorry your system has been going down a shithole since snes, its a simple fact.
zelda sucks and will always suck.
and mario... that was fun back when I was a little kid... not anymore get with the times.

Level 21
tbh im not a nintendo fan boy, i like pc and final fantasy but at least im realistic.

and talking of final fantasy? erm huge complex game?? if the psone can do ff7 i think the wii can do something crazy good.

apparently the definition of a huge complex game is something which has uber leet pixels and teh wootage polygons and haxor pwnzor musicsics!!!

pc should be brought up in a console war as it gives a good comparison and also a target that a console wants to reach in graphical interface. if a console is ever as good as the computer that designed it, it would be the best console ever.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Umm you all are not getting the big picture.

Wii sucks its nothing new at all.
why buy a wii to play game cube games.. oh wait gc had no games either.
n64 had what 1 good game golden eye.

now back to the point wii cannot handle a huge complex game. I do not need to state facts and figures yall wouldnt believe me, look it up for yourselves.

And a note to the nintendo fan boys im sorry your system has been going down a shithole since snes, its a simple fact.
zelda sucks and will always suck.
and mario... that was fun back when I was a little kid... not anymore get with the times.
Well I like Zelda and Mario a lot, and I liked a lot of Gamecube games, I guess this stupid argument is just clashing personal bias.

Level 36
GST_Nemisis said:
apparently the definition of a huge complex game is something which has uber leet pixels and teh wootage polygons and haxor pwnzor musicsics!!!

holy fucking crap I nearly pissed myself when I saw this LMFAO.

On topic: Sansui obviously has shit taste in games if you think Zelda sucks. Hello N64 had like Perfect Dark Zero, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Mario Party 1-2, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong, Banjo Kazooie TO NAME A SMALL FEW. That thing had amazing games coming out the ying and the yang.

PS, 1 word and 1 number. Kirby 64. That game was such the wtfpwn.

PPS Nemesis, I suck at cs 1.6 too, but I also suck at css so I guess I don't count anyway. You getting orange box or the black box when ep2 comes out?

Level 36
yes portal is an amazingly fun looking puzzle game. there are no enemies and no weapons, but basically you have this level and you have to make it from the start to the end, and you can use this portal gun. you fire one shot you make an opening and second shot somewhere else makes the exit. you step in and you pop back out where your exit is. It looks like loads of fun. I'm mainly buying it just for tf2 but ep2 looks really good as well.

PS I thought that blackbox was the complete pack and that orangebox was just ep2, tf2 and portals....

Level 36
Yeah, i'm not that into the story (I still need to get ep1 if it gives you any indication :p) but i'm really looking forward to ep2 anf the new advances it introduces. plus tf2 and of course portals. That's what i'm getting, and i'll probably pick up a copy of ep1 on the side some time soon :)

Level 25

That's the one thing I agree with

Also, you're betraying your childhood. Mario is still fun, it being an awesome platforming game and game developers these days having no love for good ol' platforming action

Oh, and the PS3 has ONE good feature out of everything. That's that real life thingy they announced recently. That's the ONLY tempting thing about the PS3 I've found so far

Damn you Sony, making a general waste of a system and then including something actually worthwhile in it but not enough to actually recoup the entire cost of the system

Level 18
Let me get one thing straight.
Mario was a good game hell it was a great game for its time, so was zelda and final fantasy.
too bad they all suck now.

no new mario will ever be good.
no new zelda will ever be good(pre n64 were good)
no new FF will be good ( pre 6 were great.)

I am sorry yall do not have refined taste for games that are not retarded remakes of the same thing over and over and over. anywho no point in having anything other than a pc when spore comes out.

oh and mech yas sony has done something interesting with that. and the reason i would get ps3 HD graphics on my 50 inch plasma tv, no point in wasting the glory with sub HD... and i refuse to purchase xbox 360 for only dead rising.

Level 6
Meh, I think FF is still fun.

And nothing isnt letting me get the PS3, I think its just a heap of garbage that was then transformed into the PS3, no matter what sony says, I aint buying it. PC's shouldnt be brought into this thread, they've already been the nex gen for a few years now, I think they just got lolwtfpwned(sorry nem :eek:).Xbox 360 still looks excelllento!

Oh btw, Brad.dude03 I still like your attitude and I so wanna be you when I grow up!

Level 36
Exactly. And Xbox 360 has more then Dead Rising (although that game is so wtfpwn) you've got stuff like Gears of War, Forza 2, Halo 2 even, plus a ton of games that will be coming out in the future like Fable 2, Halo 3 etc. The Xbox has always had a pretty steady line up of decent games. But in terms of power, the PC owns all, since the Xbox 360 is quite obsolete compared to it. But the PC isn't in this thread, it's a comparison of consoles.

PS3 is a waste of money if you're looking for a game console. If you want a blu-ray player, fine.

Xbox 360 is a decent game console if you're looking for a raw horsepower machine that delivers in such things like graphics, physics etc, as well as having some killer titles.

Wii is good if you want a fun system that has games for all ages for a very reasonable price.

It all comes down to preference.

Level 21
oh yeh the pc/mac wii remote control hack has been known about for a long time, there is even a mod where you can play air guitar with it, but its not actually on the wii. ps3 is not good now, agreed, but condeming it forever is a bit too much. it has the potential to be amazing, even without dx10. when they are cheap and have a solid developers base it will be a fantastic console.

also, i see crysis is coming out on ps3, does this mean there is a dx9.c version of crysis aswell as dx10?

Level 21
That seems sorta hard to believe that movie

no thats real, i have seen people playing half life 2 and loads of games with the wii remote. you can basically use it like a mouse in the air with two buttons and the little directional pad for movement.

also that good to hear about crysis because i cant affor to get a new 8800gtx when i just brought 2 7800gtx's!!

Level 6
I <3 my PS3

I hate my xbox 360, GG ruining 8 of my games. I dropped it off my porch with my buddy, haha. So much fun...

I threw my Wii oover my house to see if it would fly....it hit my car....i had to get my window fixed.

Level 21
console fps games suck. fps should stick to pc. so xbox has no games again and fable bombed no way im buying into fable 2 after what they did the first time.

are you really that stupid? three of the best fps games i know are goldeneye and timesplitters and halo.....

other good console fps games include:

gears of war
call of duty 3
red steel
Doom
rainbow six
perfect dark
red faction

although alot of these are also on pc they are amazing on the consoles aswell. console fps games can be just as good (sometimes better) than pc games.

also alotofgarbage you sig is very very long, usually longer then your actual post, does it really need to be that long?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well I just had a fun filled Wiikend with my friend, we played lots of Wario Ware, Wii sports, and some golden oldies for the Gamecube.

I regret nothing.

Level 21
no the wii is not playing wow on that vid, the mac is, nintendo wii's cannot play wow as that game has not been released for it. he is just using the remote to control the character. however it would be possible for a wii to run wow, but parhaps it would lag a little if on highest graphic settings and alot was happening on screen.

Level 21
no not lag in the traditional sense, what i mean is, the cpu would take greater time to process what is happening on the screen because it is not as fast. this would result in either a slower running game, or as with online games such as wow, the same effect as lag where large sections are skipped to make up for what it cant process.

Level 18
first off wow is not a huge complex game its one of the most simple mmos out there. it is also shite.
wii can not handle anything complex its simply two game cubes ducktaped to each other. wii probably couldnt handle wow and wow is shite requirements.

no console fps comes close to a pc fps.
do not mention halo it was a subpar fps.

Level 21
wii probably couldnt handle wow and wow is shite requirements.

wrong, a wii could handle wow quite easily. the only thing that might let it down is the RAM-CPU bandwitdh which isnt great, and because wii doesnt have much ram it could affect it performance in intense graphics situations.

no one is saying a wii has as much graphical capability as the xbox 360 or the ps3, but it is a complete load of bullshit to say it cant handle "large complex games". of corse can it just does it with less graphics quality. the thing u dont get is that alot of games for the xbox 360 and ps3 will be ported to wii, it CAN play these games, it IS a graphically capable console. so shut up with that stupid statment because it IS WRONG and it is really really annoying!

u still dont belive me? here is a vid of call of duty 3 (a birlliant FPS thats not even on the pc) on each console, as you can see the wii gives a worse graphical performace, but it plays it none to less, just as it could potentially play all of the xbox 360 games and most of the ps3 games, just with considerably worse graphics.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=15368&type=wmv

a quick note on this, although the xbox 360 does look arguably better than the ps3 version, this because of rushed porting and developing times. the ps3 version actually lacks alot of the xbox 360 verions effects, such are the enhanced lighting and the sheen on the weapons. this can been seen throught so u should be able to see what i mean. dont hold it against the ps3, its not its fault.

no console fps comes close to a pc fps.
do not mention halo it was a subpar fps.

they are your opinoins but i think there are many console fps games that are better than pc fps games. infact the only decent pc fps games i think are half life 1/2 and its mods, unreal tournament, quake, battlefield games are ok i guess and maybe soldier of fourtune? there arent as many as you think...but no question cs and css are the best two fps games ever for me.

you might be better off saying "i prefer a keyboard and mouse to a controller pad", if thats what you think anyways, thats what i think.

Last edited:
Level 18
GST graphics have nothing to do with it. The wii does not have the power to handle complex games. look it up its fact.
hell wii can not run spore at all and never would be able too.

lots of people play wow because its blizzard its the only new graphically appealing mmo that came out at the time of the mmo boom.

Last edited:
Level 21
well define complex...

because the way i see it, you are either being ignorant and thinking games are only as good as their graphics or you think that a good games requiers the cyrptic skills of a outerspace safe cracking FBI jelly fish to be complex enough for u.

Level 21
oh btw i did look it up, all i could find was this saying that new computer games are too complex

http://videogames.weblogsinc.com/2004/05/26/are-new-games-too-complex

and this saying how hinduism is very complex, so it can be hard for a hindu to judge a computer game accroding to their beliefs

http://www.hindukids.org/hinduism_and_video_games.shtml

i also found this saying that dead or alive 4 is the most complex one yet

http://www.hollywoodvideo.com/games/game.aspx?id=10396

and this saying that dead or alive would be possible for the wii

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/02/26/wii-dead-or-alive-possible/

so all in all im still very confused, i have no idea what your talking about...

Level 36
lmfao. way to get the l33t links. Sansui, you're being so fucking vague, it's annoying. DEFINE COMPLEX. WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! And yeah, that's not WoW on the Wii, that's WoW on a Mac using a wii-mote (which is totally noob because anyone with hotkeys would own that moron). Halo was an amazing game, it had all the aspects of a good fps, it was easy to pick up, fun to play, and it had a good story line. My cousin works as an animator for Bungie [did the marines in halo 1-2] so my opinion might be a little biased. Truthfully Halo 2 was good, but I liked the first one better [as is often the case]. Personally, having tried many, MANY, MMO's myself, I think WoW is the best out there. It's addictive, it's warcraft. If it wasn't warcraft then I probably wouldn't play it, but it is so I do. But nothing else comes close, because nothing else can hold my attention (WoW hardly can, I play 1-2 hours a week) so if it can manage even that much it's a success IMO.

Level 18
Level 11
The fact this has turned into a flame war shows alot about [most] of you people, anyways, i don't see the problem with "underpowered preformance" if it has a good game, why not play it? "ZOMG NO GRAPHIKS DOOD I WANT MAH GRAPHIKS I CAN'T RUN L337 GAM3S", sure the wii isn't as "complex" but who the f cares if it can't run games that 40% of the time end up like **** anyways.

Edit: I think many people are willing to buy a Wii because it brings to the table what most developers never try, a unique system with some features that haven't ever been seen before, and Nintendo has always brought something great to the table with each system they have made (Gamecube excluded; good system, nothing unique). Also i don't see why there's all this flaming, it's mostly a matter of personal preference. (Gosh i hope i don't get flamed!) This thread should of been closed but continue the "discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.