Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Which is better Wii Or Xbox

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by 00m9, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Em!

Em!

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don´t like getting hurt cause it hurts no matter how tough i am, and i don´t like laying of beer *How else am i going to practice the drunken fist at the dojo*. :smile:. think of the innocent children hurting there tiny hands when punching the wall *come to think of it most kids do that when the lose a game in any console*. I know cause i did that not anymore though. So ahm i forgot what my point is.

Anyway how can you relax when playing a game man i get all psyched and i yell at my friends in your face #$&&#" no matter what kind of controller i have in my hands .

2. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, as Chriz said, any injuries are from neglegence. I am not very fit (i'm working on that :p, I am not overweight at all, in fact i'm to skinny) and I played Wii Bowling for a good 4 hours straight and then many more hours for a total of about 16-18 over the course of a weekend at my friends house. I was not tired, I did not hurt myself, all you have to do is not go crazy and not be in god awful shape. It's the same way with exercise. If you suddenly hop on a treadmill, crank the speed to max and start running your ass of on it, your probably going to hurt yourself. It's not the right way to exercise, so these Wii players obviously aren't using the system correctly. I don't get all these Xbox trashtalkers, it's an amazing system, and it's my personal choice if I want a highend experience, but the Wii has the games and the fun and it's great. The PS3 hasen't come up because it's a piece of utter garbage and isn't even worhty discussing because both of these fines consoles (360 and Wii) absolutely own it in the face.

3. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Cause the PS3 sucks. Its too damn expensive for what it is, has a horrible lineup of release games, and isn't even out in Australia or England

Way to isolate an entire two large gaming groups Sony. That's gonna be the BEST way to sell your overpriced product, while the Wii and 360 are already months ahead. What next? Gonna give your controller unrechargable or removable batteries so people have to keep buying new ones?

Oh, and Super Good? That's proof of idiocy being infinent. All of those people hurting themselves are effing idiots who throw their Wiimote at the TV or through the window. I can't see ANYONE getting broken wrists, seeing as EVERY SINGLE WII RELATED INJURY THUS FAR is as a direct result of people getting too into the game and hitting other people by accident, or by loosing their girp on the controller while swinging their arms at excessive speeds

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    WOW I never thought writing that would create so much uproar.
    And NO im not being idiotic, its called a style of writing.
    I focused almost entirly on negitave points trying to put them foward as much as possiable and thus my posts seem extremly stupid and outragous but infact it mostly was the truth.
    If I had included positive aspects of the systems then your reactions would more lightly been less harsh.
    Just like if you entirly focous on positive things people will argue the bad things.

This was more of an experiment (for no reason) to see what would happen if I tried to make the systems look crap while not covering the positive sides of the 2 systems.

Injuries will alway happen playing games.
    I injured my thumb playing Super smash bros melee due to mashing the stick to much doing power moves.
    And im sure everyone who plays games has had some game based injury at some stage, minor or major.

Also I was giving an opinion and thus there is no need to jump on me like a ton of bricks since the topic is which is better and not I find the WII rubish.
    If it was that topic you would be doing the right thing but he is after opinions of other people on thoes consoles. I gave mine, I think neithor, but like I said I was purly seeing the response I would get if I gave a major anti rant and as my predictions estimated, I recieved major harsh responses from almost every person who posted after me.

What I should have posted (for no major harsh responses) is

I find the wii is better since it is free to play online, and easy to set up as well as gives good compatiability with a game cube and has many interesting titles comming to it soon.
    The X box is too expensive in my opinions and has no good non-FPS or well rated RPG that is not avaiable for computer as well. So although it has good graffics I do not think the Pay to Play MP is worth all that.

Now think what you would respond for a post like that?
    Probably nothing half as negitave as what you did.

So I apoliguise to anyone who feels offended by what I did it is just I could not resist typing such a negitive post for the wii after remembering the one pool in gamefaqs saying something very similar to "Do you think the wii remote "injuries" will bust nintendo?".

And in responce to mechons PS3 talk.
    The PS3 is worth it since believe it or not you can end up paying more for a computer that is not half as good, since it is a built in DVD + blueray + PS1+PS2+PS3 + others. It all comes down to the games but currently many good titles are being putoff from PS3 due to programing difficulties.

One gamewriter described the ps3 CELL as a "pain to program" and so many software companies (especialy smallish ones) can not afford to make a PS3 game.

Well anyway I apoliguise if I hurt anyones feelings especialy if they loved the wii or X box 360.

5. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If I wanted a DVD + Bluray player, I would buy a DVD + Bluray player
    If I wanted a game system, I'm not going to care about what else it can do, I just want it to play good games. If it doesn't have good games, I'm not going to buy it

Also, the PS3's backwards compatability sucks majourily. A FAR cry from the PS2's. I don't have the list of all of the games that are backwards compatable, however several great ones, which I once again cannot remember because I was told about it about 3 months ago, don't work at all, or work excessively buggy

The PS3 is Sony's Dreamcast, except that unlike the Dreamcast, it sucks

6. camel's_hump

camel's_hump

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Xbox 360 wins. Wii is fun, but I dislike the games for Wii. Xbox games are more of my style which is all opionated of course, but Xbox 360 is better.

7. pandamanana

pandamanana

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm a big PC Panda, but if I had to choose I'd pick the Wii. Because I have a pretty comfortable family room and LOTS OF friends so I would really love playing Wario Ware with them. Or Legend of Zelda when I'm alone. The X-Box is just too .... PC-like for me. I'd rather just pop in CounterStrike than play Halo2 or Gears of War (even though I love GoW). I can't play Wii Sports on my PC (or anything like it) so 1-up for the Wii. <3
    (BTW World Of Warcraft sux cause I don't have an account!)
    *EDIT* I could personally care less about Hi-Def DVDS, or Bluerays so I'm just getting the Wii!
    *EDIT2* I have to laugh at the Repetitive Stress Syndrome. Lolz. OMG! I Might be too stress out after playing my Wii. (even though you don't see people whining about RSS on a tennis/basketball/baseball/football/golf court. and if your too lazy to move your arm then 2 bad. T_T

8. Xlightscreen

Xlightscreen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    pssht you guys just hate the Ps3 becuase of its price. This is no diffren't between when the Xbox first released and the ps3. Remeber the good old hate to the Xbox when it first came out the wounderful rumors? "its a 100 pounds" "it eats CD's!" yea don't lie you remeber them. Matter of fact Ps3 sold out pretty much within days of its realese on the west coast.

Besides that I choose the Xbox over the wii for one reason. Decent action games. Wii might currently have a decent amount now but give it another year and then it will go back to its same old tradmark games like gamecube. With massive amounts of mario party, monkey ball, and outdated sports games. Lets see here get the option of playing Super monkey ball 3 or halo 2? mmmmm choices....

9. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I notice when discussions of new console systems come up, the flames break out. Its just because their is much animosity towards gaming compalies more then ever lately. Especially Sony due to their obvious lack of respect toward their own consumers. (i.e. the sueing of companies that sell import titles and the intentional undersupply of ps3 units during the X-mas season)

To answer the question, its a matter of genre. Nintendo is still targeting much younger audiences while Microsoft is targeting noticiably older audiences. Dont get a Wii if you dont like mario/pokemon and dont get an Xbox if you dont like first person shooters, thats for sure...heh.
    -VGsatomi

10. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WTFQFT!!!!! The Dreamcast was my god. It used to be an amazing console, way ahead of its time. Sega made the mistake of releasing way before everyone else, so they only had the upper edge for a few blissfull years (not even, maybe) and then the ps2 and xbox and gamecube came out and swept it away (except for the fact that dreamcast wtfpwnt gc in every way). As was said, only idiots who get into the game to much can possibly injure themselves, and i've never had a game related injury (except a blister in the middle of my palm from spinning the analog stick with it in a mario party minigame. NEVER AGAIN DAMNIT.)

11. aarkshark

aarkshark

Resources:
    Resources:
    This confuses me. Pay per month? What in the bloody hell are you talking about? I own a 360. I don't pay per month.

12. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hes talking about xbox live, but thats silly ..you think they will let you dl free mini games and stuff for free? pfft..

13. Lunatechnick

Lunatechnick

Resources:
    Resources:
    wtf are u guys on about? Xbox 360 owns wii

14. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hah, Unbanned are we, hmm? And BACK UP YOUR ANSWERS WITH SOLID FACTS AND REASONING. You can't just jump in here and say zomfgwtfxhbox360pwnsallllololo0o0o0olololo!1!11ELEVENTYFUCKINGHUNDRED!11! WHY does the Xbox 360 own all the others? And anyway, it's like 4 bucks a month for Xbox Live, who cares? If you can't part with 4 bucks a month then you are a sad, sad individual. And Xbox Live Arcade is wtfpwn, those games are so addictive.

15. Xlightscreen

Xlightscreen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Personly Xbox shoulden't charge anything. They so far are the only company exept for MMO's that charge people monthly fee. Lets see here play Hl-2 online on Xbox for a monthly fee or play it on PC(which 90% the time has more reliable servers) for free.

16. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, but the upside to Xbox Live is that you are garunteed to be playing in a lagfree environment. For the most part. You know why? Everything is built for your systems specs, so there's no lag on your end, and also everyone who's playing against you has to have a highspeed internet connection, at least DSL, so those 56k guys are out of luck and out of the game. That's worth a couple bucks a month if you ask me.

17. pandamanana

pandamanana

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    bah. after all this discussing I must say... (and you may quote me) screw consoles. my PC is my first and only love. Warcraft 3 is my game (that consumes most of my hours on this earth) X-Box 360 tries too much to be a PC and PS3... well it costs as much as a PC and the Wii. well As i said last time. Thats my only chose of console because its different then my PC... Come on guys... be loyal to your overworked PC's.

18. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Of course I like my PC best, but if I have to choose a console, then Wii and 360 are tied up for me, as they are both equally good in my mind. PS3 isn't even an option.

19. Lunatechnick

Lunatechnick

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes, im unbanned, thanks for telling me, dont annoy me man, i dont wanna get banned from this site because of people like you, and if you didnt notice i didnt say all that crap with the stupid chavvy crap

on topic: i think the Xbox 360 owns all because what i've been told they are going to own PCs as they are going to be getting all internet explorer and stuff, thats a rumour i've heard, but also, Gears Of War and Rainbow 6 Vegas, they are the 2 main games that i play on the xbox!

20. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wii .