• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

XBOX 360 Project Natal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I saw this trailer a month ago and also I saw the Celebrity tryouts in E3. It is amazing - like fantasies from Star Wars or Star Trek came to live!

Basically Project Natal is a sensor like Wii sensor except it pwnz everything! No controller, the controller is your body! It captures body motion using some sort of a space recognition technology. It also captures sound identification, can identify faces as well. Since there is no controller you might question, how do we browse through the interface? The answer: USE YOUR HAND!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/

Level 13
ya i arldy heard about this while back i think it will be good but 1 thing i don't like is like wii its fun and all but it lacks graphics super addictive games but then again when u can scan ur skate bored and then play on it in natal its quite amazing and if this is the next step in gaming think of the price tag lol

Level 13
thing i wont like is if its 2 sensitive and recognize wrong movements likes a sneeze or something

Level 12
Dreadnought[dA];1243195 said:
Eventually perverts like that will manipulate us into thinking it's alright and it doesn't hurt anyone and we should be accepting of it.

/liberals

Viva conservatives!

anyways, what happens if this stuff gets into the hands of cyber robot technology. Meaning you control the robot with your body from miles away just like you control a UV plane... then wars will be different @@...

Level 12
Viva conservatives!

anyways, what happens if this stuff gets into the hands of cyber robot technology. Meaning you control the robot with your body from miles away just like you control a UV plane... then wars will be different @@...

How do you think they control spy planes now? UAV

BTW did I mention that Natal is a huge gimmick just like the Wii?

Level 5
Certainly looks enjoyable, my only concerns are:

Space: You would need a fairly large area, most likely the lounge room, and a lot of peoples consoles aren't in their lounge. It would be difficult for me.

Cost: Well.. it's microsoft of course

Lack of games: Well I can't see myself playing my favourite genres, it would be difficult. Just gimmick games i'd presume.

Also seems like a bit of a rip off of eyetoy (just more advanced).

So yeah if it turns out to be sucessful then I might have to buy an xbox, though i'm not a huge fan of party games like this unless you have someone to play with.

Though seems interesting. Okay my rants over

Status
Not open for further replies.