• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Which is better Wii Or Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
In my opinion wii is a new revolution of gaming. Some of you may only play computer but i like a variety of entertainment. The Wii actuallys allows you to download game from previous systems, even though the xbox also does this i think the wii system will be much greater. You can download updates and even an internet browser for free from the wii, my wii has a huge amount of channels so im not sure how mnay features they will make but there will be alot.

So what would you go for, the fun hand-motion-capturing wii, or the hi graphical xbox?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I love my Wii, favorite system to-date.

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves definitely shows the capabilities of the controller, and is great fun for a big party of friends.

I like how it plays GCN games directly, with the controller ports and memory card slots right on top, genius. I only wish the free loader for the GCN worked for the European Wii.

The wireless controllers are genius, and the gameplay with them is outstanding.

And yes, I love the retro games feature.

<3 Wii.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
I´d go for the less expensive one (and the less expensive games), i gotta afford food and gas too so the question for me cause it seems like there both really cool is which cost less and which has the more variety of my style of gaming like horror,shooters,puzzles and rpg-fantasy.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I would go for a DX10 windows vista.

The WII has major flaws.
Stupid controlers - You have to actualy move the controlers to play, which is annoying and discourages play in small areas and also brings on health issues like repetitave stress syndrome and can damage other nearby objects like windows.
Small storage - Only a lousy MB to store stuff. I can not imagine having less than 10 GB space anymore since the average game for the computer now needs 10-20 GB to install and for example my map folder for wc3 is 3 GB big.
Weak graffics - Hardly very grafficly exqusit. Looks like something my nvedia geforce 7800GS rendered and that card is slow. Also no HD support and whats the point of it if it does not even show full screen on a hd screen (just has to upsize to the HD screen res not increase rendering res).
Lame games - Games like Wario Ware: Smooth Moves seem very boring and exausting since who wants to stand up and wave your controler around making your self look like a mad man? And there are no strat games for it like WC3 or anything and also I do not even think elder scroles oblivion can run on it and that game is hardly grafical demanding.

The X box has equaly bad major flaws.
Graffics - Who needs such 1337 graffics and stuff when it can probably not run games like supreme commanders due to lacking on actual number crunching CPU power.
Games - All boring dumb shooter games or games with no realy point like gears of war. Also virtualy no strat games for it.
Cost - Who the hell wants to pay per month to own a consol? Certianly not me!

See my points?
Im sticking to my computer since it works perfectly even for top notch games like Supreme Commanders

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The WII has major flaws.
Stupid controlers - You have to actualy move the controlers to play, which is annoying and discourages play in small areas and also brings on health issues like repetitave stress syndrome and can damage other nearby objects like windows.

Why is making something so innovative where you have to get up and MOVE to play a game stupid? If you don't want this kind of gameplay, then there are
other options, but this is amazing because it gives you the option to be more interactive.

Repetitive stress syndrome? Don't give me that bullshit.

Also, breaking windows? Only a fool who doesn't know what he's doing would be stupid enough to throw the damned controller. Any sane person knows how to handle it.

Small storage - Only a lousy MB to store stuff. I can not imagine having less than 10 GB space anymore since the average game for the computer now needs 10-20 GB to install and for example my map folder for wc3 is 3 GB big.

Ever heard of Memory Cards? You can buy infinite amounts of space depending on how many cards you want. And having portable memory is much more handy than a built in herd drive, which you can't easily take to a friends house.

Weak graffics - Hardly very grafficly exqusit. Looks like something my nvedia geforce 7800GS rendered and that card is slow. Also no HD support and whats the point of it if it does not even show full screen on a hd screen (just has to upsize to the HD screen res not increase rendering res).

Weak graphics? Please. I agree they aren't up-to-par with the PS3 or Xbox 360, but the Wii's play style makes up for it. And the graphics are far from bad.

Lame games - Games like Wario Ware: Smooth Moves seem very boring and exausting since who wants to stand up and wave your controler around making your self look like a mad man? And there are no strat games for it like WC3 or anything and also I do not even think elder scroles oblivion can run on it and that game is hardly grafical demanding.

Wario Ware is awesome and great fun. Have you ever tried it? And since when is it bad that a game be exhausting? I find it a great thing when you can play something you enjoy, and get exercise at the same time. I'd much rather play a few hours on the Wii and exhaust myself than run laps around my backyard. You'd have to be some lazy fatass to hate gameplay where you have to actually stand up (OMG!)

And no RTS games? Who plays RTS games on a console anyway? That's what computers are for in my opinion. And you can't say that they don't have one anyway...the system just came out recently, new games are made by the month!

Honestly, I don't think you have anything realistic to complain about besides personal bias. When you think about the system in the long run, it's much more appealing.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
And the fact that both these machines have been approved and are coming to the market states that they have been tested by gamers whom have approved that these are quality but there is no need to argue since ppl have diffirent opinions and no amount of arguement can change that. Ofcourse these systems still have a long way to go to truly replace the pc when it comes to quality games but some games are just more fun on game consoles. I don´t want to play games like soulreaver,mk or crashTR, sonic, mario and so on, on a pc.

with wii controlers i´d like to try that (moving the controlers around) but i can see how that can also be a problem. Especially when playing fighter games, i might accidently punch something and injure myself or even break the controler.

Last edited:
Level 36
Well, guys, both of these systems are amazing (they tie in my mind, both have advantages and disadvantages) and they both TOTALLY WTFPWN the PS3, so hey, I'm a 360 and a Wii fan. I don't own either, because there isn't a modchip out there for 360 that suits my needs, and I haven't got around to buying a Wii yet (need to upgrade my PC first). I'm perfectly happy with my cracked-wide-open Xbox atm, so I have no need to buy either or yet. Halo 3 will be a definite push for me to own a 360, because I'd obviously like to own one before it comes out xD

Level 8
one question...why is it people only post forums of wii vs xbox? I mean why not compare it to ps3 or Xbox360 or wait is it the fact it's power is about equal to the xbox? ow....that case ha...ha...ha...not saying the system is bad or anything :p

Edit: and brad just becuase you coulden't afford that ps3 dosen't mean you got to hate it :p.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is well known that thousands of people world wide are reporting major injuries caused by playing the wii.
Theses include broken wrists, fingers, cut hands, and damage to the head.
It is also well known that people have made them selves sick playing the wii as the one kid im my class reports himself getting a migrane after playing the wii for too long. YES health and safety say if you feel dizzy take a rest but few obey it.
I once sprained my arm and although I could move my hand fine to type with I was unable to lift my arm up for about 1 month.
During that time I could still play game cube or wc3 or even Xbox 360 if I had wished or owned one.
But with the wii I would be unable to move my arm and thus would be unable to play games that require 2 controlers.

Also it gives a UNFAIR handicap for people who are phicialy unfit. On a computer all you need is to be able to move the mouse and type (hardly straining) and even for the gamecube all you had to do is move your fingers and that was all. I can play nonestop on the computer for 3 hours as I proved in the one Empire Earth game where I had a player speed of <300 (clicks per minute)
But people from my class who are alot fitter than me say that they felt tired after 30 minutes of playing and had to take a hour long rest and they are easily able to run around a football field for hours.

It was on the german news that over 300 people had some accdent involving playing the wii in germany alone in the first week of it being out. These include broken limbs and cut arms (YES someone did break a window playing wii by punching it accdently).

Also on local radio atleast 30 reports of wii injuries were reported and this is LOCAL not even for the entire country. . .

And I admit I never played on the wii since where I live they do not have alot of demos (alteast in places that do not make me feel ill) and so I never touched one.
But I have seen them in use and yes I have seen Wario Ware: Smooth Moves be played on TV and it seems not very fun seeing that it is compriesed entirly of mini games what require stupid hand movements to be done fast (AGAIN disadvantaging the unfit) so with that I rest my case.

Currently the only thing I think nentindos phicical movement has created which is good is the DS since the touchpad gives great divercity and allows for games to use it like a mouse.

Also I fear the wii in some ways since if it proves to reduces obecity it could become a manditory thing to poses where I live but this is beside the point and also is not supported by facts.

This is only my opinion and so no one needs to agree with it but it is strongly how I feel.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I don't mean to offend a friend of mine, but my friend who is pretty well overweight I must say, was here a few nights ago, and he found playing wario ware for a few hours very fun, and wasn't tired in the least.

I think this stuff about being unfriendly to the unfit is a bunch of crap, no offense. Hell you can play the games sitting down if you want. And if you can't play the Wii for a while because of an arm injury, but have a GCN, then you can play those games on it. It still has uses.

And the injuries you constantly mention, that's all carelessness to say the lease. And people who get migraines and other problems due to movements and such, that's a health related problem, and hardly something to base your decision on. Unless you share this illness.

I find those statistics about injuries ridiculous, could so many people be so careless?

Level 3
ENOUGH!! The solution is simple.

Wii = Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Xbox = THE TOILET!!!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is on the Wii thats all you need to know-- Nothing can beat that.

EDIT// Dr. Super Good. Cut the crap. If people in Germany are killing themselves with a GAMESYSTEM then there is seriously a problem with the people. I don't see people in Japan "CUTTING" themselves to death. If your getting hurt playing a gamesystem and complaining about it there might be a reason some people are 30 years old and still playing games for a life *no offense*.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It's even cooler because of SSBB online play.

Level 8
first off if you do injure yourself playing wii its called either you need to toughen up and get in real shape or you just need to lay off the beer. besides if I ever get a wii I'll stick with the regular classic controller becuase I play video games to relax and enjoy with my friends if I wan't to do something phisical I will spare at the karate dojo or go play football with my friends thank you very much.

Em!

Em!

Level 25
first off if you do injure yourself playing wii its called either you need to toughen up and get in real shape or you just need to lay off the beer. besides if I ever get a wii I'll stick with the regular classic controller becuase I play video games to relax and enjoy with my friends if I wan't to do something phisical I will spare at the karate dojo or go play football with my friends thank you very much.

I don´t like getting hurt cause it hurts no matter how tough i am, and i don´t like laying of beer *How else am i going to practice the drunken fist at the dojo*. :smile:. think of the innocent children hurting there tiny hands when punching the wall *come to think of it most kids do that when the lose a game in any console*. I know cause i did that not anymore though. So ahm i forgot what my point is.

Anyway how can you relax when playing a game man i get all psyched and i yell at my friends in your face #$&&#" no matter what kind of controller i have in my hands .

Level 36
Yeah, as Chriz said, any injuries are from neglegence. I am not very fit (i'm working on that :p, I am not overweight at all, in fact i'm to skinny) and I played Wii Bowling for a good 4 hours straight and then many more hours for a total of about 16-18 over the course of a weekend at my friends house. I was not tired, I did not hurt myself, all you have to do is not go crazy and not be in god awful shape. It's the same way with exercise. If you suddenly hop on a treadmill, crank the speed to max and start running your ass of on it, your probably going to hurt yourself. It's not the right way to exercise, so these Wii players obviously aren't using the system correctly. I don't get all these Xbox trashtalkers, it's an amazing system, and it's my personal choice if I want a highend experience, but the Wii has the games and the fun and it's great. The PS3 hasen't come up because it's a piece of utter garbage and isn't even worhty discussing because both of these fines consoles (360 and Wii) absolutely own it in the face.

Level 25
one question...why is it people only post forums of wii vs xbox? I mean why not compare it to ps3 or Xbox360 or wait is it the fact it's power is about equal to the xbox? ow....that case ha...ha...ha...not saying the system is bad or anything :p

Cause the PS3 sucks. Its too damn expensive for what it is, has a horrible lineup of release games, and isn't even out in Australia or England

Way to isolate an entire two large gaming groups Sony. That's gonna be the BEST way to sell your overpriced product, while the Wii and 360 are already months ahead. What next? Gonna give your controller unrechargable or removable batteries so people have to keep buying new ones?

Oh, and Super Good? That's proof of idiocy being infinent. All of those people hurting themselves are effing idiots who throw their Wiimote at the TV or through the window. I can't see ANYONE getting broken wrists, seeing as EVERY SINGLE WII RELATED INJURY THUS FAR is as a direct result of people getting too into the game and hitting other people by accident, or by loosing their girp on the controller while swinging their arms at excessive speeds

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
WOW I never thought writing that would create so much uproar.
And NO im not being idiotic, its called a style of writing.
I focused almost entirly on negitave points trying to put them foward as much as possiable and thus my posts seem extremly stupid and outragous but infact it mostly was the truth.
If I had included positive aspects of the systems then your reactions would more lightly been less harsh.
Just like if you entirly focous on positive things people will argue the bad things.

This was more of an experiment (for no reason) to see what would happen if I tried to make the systems look crap while not covering the positive sides of the 2 systems.

Injuries will alway happen playing games.
I injured my thumb playing Super smash bros melee due to mashing the stick to much doing power moves.
And im sure everyone who plays games has had some game based injury at some stage, minor or major.

Also I was giving an opinion and thus there is no need to jump on me like a ton of bricks since the topic is which is better and not I find the WII rubish.
If it was that topic you would be doing the right thing but he is after opinions of other people on thoes consoles. I gave mine, I think neithor, but like I said I was purly seeing the response I would get if I gave a major anti rant and as my predictions estimated, I recieved major harsh responses from almost every person who posted after me.

What I should have posted (for no major harsh responses) is

I find the wii is better since it is free to play online, and easy to set up as well as gives good compatiability with a game cube and has many interesting titles comming to it soon.
The X box is too expensive in my opinions and has no good non-FPS or well rated RPG that is not avaiable for computer as well. So although it has good graffics I do not think the Pay to Play MP is worth all that.

Now think what you would respond for a post like that?
Probably nothing half as negitave as what you did.

So I apoliguise to anyone who feels offended by what I did it is just I could not resist typing such a negitive post for the wii after remembering the one pool in gamefaqs saying something very similar to "Do you think the wii remote "injuries" will bust nintendo?".

And in responce to mechons PS3 talk.
The PS3 is worth it since believe it or not you can end up paying more for a computer that is not half as good, since it is a built in DVD + blueray + PS1+PS2+PS3 + others. It all comes down to the games but currently many good titles are being putoff from PS3 due to programing difficulties.

One gamewriter described the ps3 CELL as a "pain to program" and so many software companies (especialy smallish ones) can not afford to make a PS3 game.

Well anyway I apoliguise if I hurt anyones feelings especialy if they loved the wii or X box 360.

Level 25
The PS3 is worth it since believe it or not you can end up paying more for a computer that is not half as good, since it is a built in DVD + blueray + PS1+PS2+PS3 + others.

If I wanted a DVD + Bluray player, I would buy a DVD + Bluray player
If I wanted a game system, I'm not going to care about what else it can do, I just want it to play good games. If it doesn't have good games, I'm not going to buy it

Also, the PS3's backwards compatability sucks majourily. A FAR cry from the PS2's. I don't have the list of all of the games that are backwards compatable, however several great ones, which I once again cannot remember because I was told about it about 3 months ago, don't work at all, or work excessively buggy

The PS3 is Sony's Dreamcast, except that unlike the Dreamcast, it sucks

Level 8
I'm a big PC Panda, but if I had to choose I'd pick the Wii. Because I have a pretty comfortable family room and LOTS OF friends so I would really love playing Wario Ware with them. Or Legend of Zelda when I'm alone. The X-Box is just too .... PC-like for me. I'd rather just pop in CounterStrike than play Halo2 or Gears of War (even though I love GoW). I can't play Wii Sports on my PC (or anything like it) so 1-up for the Wii. <3
(BTW World Of Warcraft sux cause I don't have an account!)
*EDIT* I could personally care less about Hi-Def DVDS, or Bluerays so I'm just getting the Wii!
*EDIT2* I have to laugh at the Repetitive Stress Syndrome. Lolz. OMG! I Might be too stress out after playing my Wii. (even though you don't see people whining about RSS on a tennis/basketball/baseball/football/golf court. and if your too lazy to move your arm then 2 bad. T_T

Level 8
pssht you guys just hate the Ps3 becuase of its price. This is no diffren't between when the Xbox first released and the ps3. Remeber the good old hate to the Xbox when it first came out the wounderful rumors? "its a 100 pounds" "it eats CD's!" yea don't lie you remeber them. Matter of fact Ps3 sold out pretty much within days of its realese on the west coast.

Besides that I choose the Xbox over the wii for one reason. Decent action games. Wii might currently have a decent amount now but give it another year and then it will go back to its same old tradmark games like gamecube. With massive amounts of mario party, monkey ball, and outdated sports games. Lets see here get the option of playing Super monkey ball 3 or halo 2? mmmmm choices....

Level 22
Yeah, I notice when discussions of new console systems come up, the flames break out. Its just because their is much animosity towards gaming compalies more then ever lately. Especially Sony due to their obvious lack of respect toward their own consumers. (i.e. the sueing of companies that sell import titles and the intentional undersupply of ps3 units during the X-mas season)

To answer the question, its a matter of genre. Nintendo is still targeting much younger audiences while Microsoft is targeting noticiably older audiences. Dont get a Wii if you dont like mario/pokemon and dont get an Xbox if you dont like first person shooters, thats for sure...heh.
-VGsatomi

Level 36
Mecheon said:
The PS3 is Sony's Dreamcast, except that unlike the Dreamcast, it sucks

WTFQFT!!!!! The Dreamcast was my god. It used to be an amazing console, way ahead of its time. Sega made the mistake of releasing way before everyone else, so they only had the upper edge for a few blissfull years (not even, maybe) and then the ps2 and xbox and gamecube came out and swept it away (except for the fact that dreamcast wtfpwnt gc in every way). As was said, only idiots who get into the game to much can possibly injure themselves, and i've never had a game related injury (except a blister in the middle of my palm from spinning the analog stick with it in a mario party minigame. NEVER AGAIN DAMNIT.)

Level 36
Hah, Unbanned are we, hmm? And BACK UP YOUR ANSWERS WITH SOLID FACTS AND REASONING. You can't just jump in here and say zomfgwtfxhbox360pwnsallllololo0o0o0olololo!1!11ELEVENTYFUCKINGHUNDRED!11! WHY does the Xbox 360 own all the others? And anyway, it's like 4 bucks a month for Xbox Live, who cares? If you can't part with 4 bucks a month then you are a sad, sad individual. And Xbox Live Arcade is wtfpwn, those games are so addictive.

Level 36
Yes, but the upside to Xbox Live is that you are garunteed to be playing in a lagfree environment. For the most part. You know why? Everything is built for your systems specs, so there's no lag on your end, and also everyone who's playing against you has to have a highspeed internet connection, at least DSL, so those 56k guys are out of luck and out of the game. That's worth a couple bucks a month if you ask me.

Level 8
bah. after all this discussing I must say... (and you may quote me) screw consoles. my PC is my first and only love. Warcraft 3 is my game (that consumes most of my hours on this earth) X-Box 360 tries too much to be a PC and PS3... well it costs as much as a PC and the Wii. well As i said last time. Thats my only chose of console because its different then my PC... Come on guys... be loyal to your overworked PC's.

Level 7
Hah, Unbanned are we, hmm? And BACK UP YOUR ANSWERS WITH SOLID FACTS AND REASONING. You can't just jump in here and say zomfgwtfxhbox360pwnsallllololo0o0o0olololo!1!11ELEVENTYFUCKINGHUNDRED!11! WHY does the Xbox 360 own all the others? And anyway, it's like 4 bucks a month for Xbox Live, who cares? If you can't part with 4 bucks a month then you are a sad, sad individual. And Xbox Live Arcade is wtfpwn, those games are so addictive.

yes, im unbanned, thanks for telling me, dont annoy me man, i dont wanna get banned from this site because of people like you, and if you didnt notice i didnt say all that crap with the stupid chavvy crap

on topic: i think the Xbox 360 owns all because what i've been told they are going to own PCs as they are going to be getting all internet explorer and stuff, thats a rumour i've heard, but also, Gears Of War and Rainbow 6 Vegas, they are the 2 main games that i play on the xbox!

Level 36
on topic: i think the Xbox 360 owns all because what i've been told they are going to own PCs as they are going to be getting all internet explorer and stuff, thats a rumour i've heard, but also, Gears Of War and Rainbow 6 Vegas, they are the 2 main games that i play on the xbox!

Huh? It does not own all. Do you know how slow IE would be on that thing? The 360 is already long since outdated, as is the problem with every console, so trying to make it competitive with the PC is not going to happen. And yes Gears of War is all fine an great, but the Wii has a number of big titles, such as Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and plus all the old classic games from previous consoles makes it a definite runner. And anyway, you would need a keyboard to operate internet explorer, would you not? They probably will release a keyboard for the thing though... regardless, it'd be the suck because Xbox hardware is outdated for one, and two it's not built at all for running PC applications. And anyway, you can already browse the internet on the Wii for much cheaper, so Microsoft kind of missed the boat on that one.

Level 8
You guys know how long it takes to read all you comments until here ...

Ok, Wii because it's Nintendo, and Nintendo has the only rights to sell ZELDA, since years, so Wii ... Zelda is worth, so Wii :smile:

user_26.png

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 7
i was wondering, did microsoft make Xbox 1?

@ Brad - i think the Wii is become more over-rated than the xbox 360 because of the fact that wii is less expenise (not to good graphics) and its newer (took longer to make the wireless) but i honestly prefer advanced gaming + graphics, i aint bothered about wireless + excercise!

Wires FTW Obesity... so what at least i have my lovely PC and Xbox 360!

now what id love is if they made Xbox Ultimate, it was Xbox combined with PC with wireless mouse and keyboard! and as an added bonues, played on your TV screen! we have 3 tvs, 2 normal 32x20 inchs and 1 plasma 58x32 inch! imagine that on the plasma, playin WoW, 133333333333333337

Level 3
Never did i think so many would actually reply to this. Well anyways most of you guys are right, x box does have better graphics. But so far im not sure what the Wii is capable of sincei t hasnt really shown any excellent games excluding Zelda.

Level 36
All of the games I have played for it are great, and since it supports a ton of games from previous Nintendo consoles, you already know that it's capable of great games. And of course the Xbox has the better graphics, it's designed to be a performance powerhouse (an outdated one, albeit, by now) and the Wii is designed to be innovative, affordable and addictive. I think it succeeds at all of these things.

Level 10
Well, I have a Wii and an XBox 360. Have to say, it's all about personal preference, both consoles have contrasting games, I'll play which ever I feel like playing at the time. In my mind one is not better than the other. In my mind, comparing a Wii to an XBox 360 is like comparing an egg to a short story. They aren't really the same thing. I mean sure, they're both consoles, but they both have vastly different games and different specialised features. Also, people who are saying OMG WII HAS NO GAEMS!!1, how long has it been out for? Good things take time. Be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.