1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Helping you with any textual content!

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Apheraz Lucent, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Your knowledge of English is poor? Your imagination is low? You are at the right place! By following the requirements below, you will get unique and free-hand descriptions about just anything!

Requirements
    Hero Class/ Name/ Description
    Hero Class
    In order to get a matching class name, you will need to provide me following info:
    1. Elemental (Fire, Ice, Thunder, Poison, Nature, Universal, Frost-Fire, None, ...)
    2. Hero Type (Carry, Defensive, Supporting, Offensive, Combined of _ and _, ...)
    3. Hero's Model (Succubus, Peasant, Sorceress, Purple Spider, Sylvanas, ...)

Example of request:
    Hi, I need a Hero Class description about my hero that uses the Sorceress model, elemental is futuristic, and her type is defensive/offensive. Thanks forward.

Hero Name
    In order to get a proper name for your hero, you will need to provide me following info:
    1. Hero Class - If possible
    2. Gender (Male or Female)
    3. Hero's Model (Succubus, Peasant, Sorceress, Purple Spider, Sylvanas, ...)
    4. Name Length (Long (Jaina Proudmoore) or Short (Jaina))

Example of request:
    Can you create me a hero name for my hero, using the presets: Class is Naga Sorceress, gender female, model is naga summoner, and a short name length?

Hero Description
    In order to get a good description for your hero, you will need to provide me with:
    1. Hero Class
    2. Hero's Model
    3. Hero's Abilities (Chain Lightning, Storm Bolt, Purge, Thunder Nova*)
    *When posting custom abilities - write what they do.
    4. Description Length (Long or Short)
    5. Description Style (Warcraft 3 Style, Street Language, Funny Description, ...)

Ability Description/ Ability Name
    Ability Description
    In order to get a description for your ability, you will need to provide me following info:
    1. What it does (Example: Summons 3 elementals, fire earth and ice. Each has ability: Fire reduces armor, earth does splash and ice slows. They last for 30 seconds.)
    2. Length (Short or Long)
    3. Usage of less known words (Such as Repercussion, Punitive, Atonement, Altruism, ... TRUE or FALSE)

Example of request:
    Please, write me an ability description that does the following: The archer channels a spell upon single target. Every 0.5 seconds, she shots an arrow at target, dealing damage. Lasts as long as it is channeled, or until target gets away from her for 700 range. Can channel for up to 2/3/4/5 seconds.

Ability Name
    In order to get a name for your ability, you will need to provide me following info:
    1. What it does (Example: Summons 3 elementals, fire earth and ice. Each has ability: Fire reduces armor, earth does splash and ice slows. They last for 30 seconds.)
    2. Elemental (Fire, Ice, Thunder, Poison, Nature, Universal, Frost-Fire, None, ...)
    3. Length (Short or Long)
    4. Usage of less known words (Such as Repercussion, Punitive, Atonement, Altruism, ... TRUE or FALSE)

Example of request:
    I need an ability name that does following: It's similar to fan of knives, but it poisons enemies it affects. It slows and deals damage. It's neutral/poison elemental. Short and no usage of less known words.

Quest Description / Quest Names
    Quest Description
    In order to get your description, you will need to provide me following info:
    1. Main Goals (Example: Find and kill 10 banshees, and 10 skeletons. After it, go to ____ and finish quest.)
    2. Style of Writing (Warcraft Language, Street Language, Funny,...)
    3. Usage of less known words (Such as Repercussion, Punitive, Atonement, Altruism, ... TRUE or FALSE)

Example of request:
    Quest description is needed. You have to find a mystery box and ask Jaina to open it. Afterwards, you get some items from it. I wan't the Street Language and no usage of less known words.

Quest Name
    In order to get a name for your ability, you will need to provide me only:
    1. Quest (Tell me of your quest and goals of it.)

Example of request:
    You have to find a mystery box and ask Jaina to open it. Afterwards, you get some items from it. Later, you will have to return them back to box and leave it where it was, it was a gift to Gods. Can you description?

Item Description / Item Names
    Item Description
    In order to get a Lorelei description for items, you will need to provide me following info:
    1. Increases/Decreases (Enlist what does the item, what it adds, which stats and how much)
    2. Icon used for item (Link an image or tell the path of image (Example: BTNWindWalk))
    3. Upgradeable? (TRUE or FALSE)

Example of request:
    I need an item description. It adds 10 agility, 10 intelligence and 25 strength. Can cast Cyclone for 3 seconds upon any organic target.

Item Name
    In order to get a name for item, you will need to provide only:
    1. Description - If possible
    2. Icon used for item (Link an image or tell the path of image (Example: BTNWindWalk))

Example of request:
    Requesting an item name. It doesn't has a description, but it uses the icon of ,,Talisman of Evasion". It should has a normal name, like casual jewelry.

Help me: Tell me what more requirements would you like to add!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  2. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    Woa! Very nice, seems you spent alot of time writing that to sound perfect as your descriptions. I'll give it a try. How about a sexeh Jaina-only archmage description?

1. Archmage
    2. Jaina
    3. Blizzard, Summon Water Elemental, Brilliance Aura, Mass Teleport.
    4. Medium Rare :p
    5. Abit loreful.

3. dead-man-walking

dead-man-walking

Resources:
    Resources:
    You stole it from Bookworm Adventures ):

4. -SoulBurn

-SoulBurn

Resources:
    Resources:
    That might be hard ;p and i can fill you if the hero name fields with enough information, so i'm giving you the hero description fields too.

That's a hero name request.
    Hero Class - Infector (this will not be the official class name, but might give you the idea)
    Gender - who knows? it's a creature ;x
    Hero's Model - don't fund one yet
    Name Length - preferencially short, but can be long
    Hero's Abilities - Stomach Worm (a bad buff that deals dmg over time 'till killing) - Bug ( summons a bug that can bite you and give you another bad buff) - Super Worm (same as stomach worm, but more powerfull and when the infected unit dies, it will explode and worms will fly in every nearby unit infecting them too)

Notes:
    -Most of the names are pretty bad, i'm planning to change them ;p
    -This hero is far from finished, it will have like 7 abilities. It will be some sort of disgusting creature that will spawn wurms and parasites and will spread diseases etc

5. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lich Prince:
    This female Magi was sent by the Magocrats of Dalaran to watch over the volatile Arthas' forces while she was still young. She uses her arcane powers to help her allies and friendly forces whenever Humanity is imperiled. Although her powers are not often used directly in combat, this experienced sorceress is a heartening sight upon any battlefield. Weaving her intricate enchantments, this elegant young lady is calling upon shards of ice from the air to crush her enemies, or summons a helpful elemental made of crystalline water to defend herself and her allies. With all the magical powers at her disposal, she is able to aid and crush with a wide array of specialized conjurings and magical effects.

-SoulBurn:
    A creepy thing that terrifies both allies and enemies is nothing less than a wicked parasite addict, as his powers crush right through enemy's armor. Worshipers of this being call him the Infecter, as his mastery is of summoning pestilential bugs and worms to warp into the stomach of those who dare to defy his will. Still, this rotting corpse was once a Zombie that has made the final transition into true 'undeath'. Though the Infecter has been known to revel in the gore of single combat, he generally prefers to manipulate and beguile his enemies from the shadows.

dead-man-walking:
    Yes, it is from BKA. Still, I found it fitting.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  6. Animoi666

Animoi666

Resources:
    Resources:
    -subscribing-
    will stop by later, for i need help with fitting descriptions.

7. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    UPDATE: Now, there are Ability Description / Ability Name descriptions!
    UPDATE II: Added Quest Description / Quest Name descriptions!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  8. Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So do you do item descriptions as well? Best with some simple background lore ;)

9. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    I bet he will.

10. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  11. dead-man-walking

dead-man-walking

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heh. Maybe I can help you if you get overwhelming queue of requests.

12. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Unfortunately, I see none of requests at the moment -.-'

13. Animoi666

Animoi666

Resources:
    Resources:
    just wait a bit AL, when i get home (in aprox 3 days)

i'll have loads of requests for you ^^

14. MikeyDN

MikeyDN

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will also have alot of ´quest´ requests in maybe a week or two.

15. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    any chance you can work directly from a map? i got quite a few heros/units/items that could use better descriptions, and maybe a couple name variations (optional)

ill give credit in the map for your work

heres an example using the mountain king: but please dont use my color scheme as its probably pretty bad

Mountain King
    Tanky melee hero, with exceptional strength and defensive capabilitys.
    Can Learn:
    Storm Bold - Single target skill, with damage, stun, and short range
    Thunder Clap - Instant Aoe, with damage, and slow
    Bash - Chance on attack single target, with damage and stun
    Avatar - Self target, bonus: Hp, dmg, armor, Spell imunity

Note, that i want the following information included, and not much about the history.
    Its primary atribute
    Its attack range
    Its primary role
    any bonus skills it has besides hero abilitys, should be mentioned in the paragraph part (Ie shadowmeld)
    Its abilitys, and their descriptions

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  16. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Mountain Kings are tough little warriors that are capable of showing enormous defending and protective skills. Their race's preoccupation with mining precious minerals is a total reverse from their way of battle, as they prefer and use lightning powers to their aid.

Primary Attribute: Strength
    Hero Type: Defensive Killer
    Attack Range of 100

The Mountain King can learn:
    Storm Bolt - Short ranged and single targeted agile spell that damages and stuns.
    Thunder Clap - Instant cast of thunder wrath that damages and slows nearby enemies.
    Bash - Some of his attacks will passively stun target and deal greater damage.
    Avatar - A transformation to the greater form with increased damage, health and armor, followed by spell immunity for a duration.

Are they good? Tell me what you wish to change.

EDIT: Special Event! Check descriptions I've done for CeDiL at the following link:
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/posts/1643837/

17. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    prettymuch i want it almost exactly how i gave my example, with the exception of color coding, which should probably be that gold color that tooltips usually use for hotkeys. im going for really basic, yet informative hotkeys, because when you have 80+ heros, you dont really got time to read them all do ya?

i know im not leaving much to creativity, and it is alot of work.. but if you have nothing else to do, i would really apreciate the help :)

when it comes to the spells themselfs (not the brief hero descrip of them), i dont mind fairly imaginitive descriptions, aslong as it looks nice, and contains all the important values for that spell, since at that time uve already bought the hero.. and theres only 4 spells for you to read..

18. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You want them to look like this?
    Thunder Clap - Instant cast of thunder wrath that damages and slows nearby enemies.
    Bash - Some of his attacks will passively stun target and deal greater damage.
    Avatar - A transformation to the greater form with increased damage, health and armor, followed by spell immunity for a duration.

19. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    no i want them to look exactly like this:

Mountain King
    Tanky melee hero, with exceptional strength and defensive capabilitys.

Can Learn:
    Storm Bold - Throws an electric hammer, stunning and damaging a single target.
    Thunder Clap - Slams the ground, damaging and slowing nearby enemy's.
    Bash - Gives a chance to stun, and damage an opponent on attack.
    Avatar - Growing considerably for a duration, gaining armor, hit-points, damage, and spell immunity.

with the exception of using cffffcc00 color..., for the atribute, and skill names

@ your input "The Mountain Kings are tough little warriors that are capable of showing enormous defending and protective skills."

the name of the unit lets me know its a mountain king, i dont really want that.. its just extra reading and filler data.. along with tough little warriors, now i know its small!! and tough kinda hints twards strength.. but not plain enough

the only relevent bit of information from that entire bit is defending skills, and i am still left wondering:

what is his primary atribute (so i know which items are best to get him, before i get him)

what his attack range is.. this is a big deal, although because of the instant aoe slam most people would asume hees melee, but thats not always the case, and they shouldnt have to read that far for it..

im going for maximum functionality, with minimum filler while still looking nice aka
    Short, sweet, and to the point

if you think you can match my description with lets say, arch mage, ill be willing to let you do the tooltips, if you are still willing ofc

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  20. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When you want to look EXACTLY like that:

Um... what should I do there, when that's exactly what you want?
    I am a bit confused.

Also, you spelled a word wrongly.
    capabilitys -> capabilities