• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with trigger spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hello fellow wc3 modders, I need someone to help me with my hero spells.

1) Elemental arrow
Charge based abillity, after use, give the hero 3 charges (fire, ice and poison)
Then they're fired in prefferably random order. They also have to deal splash damage (small splash simillar to the orb of fire one)

2)Moon Rituals
Uninterruptible Tranquillity like abillity that restores both mana and hp.

Refference for the elemental arrow:

Thanks in advance.
You're also free to give feedback on the abillity ideas.

Level 14
Here's my attempt, used Bribe's damage system.

Edit: only elemental arrow btw

Wow, this is really awesome!
But I have some questions:

Can you change it into a passive? Like, you press the spell and it just changes the element after each auto-attack?
That would remove the target cancel. But will I still be able to change arrow models?

If you don't wanna help anymore, I'll understand, it's good as it is.
But I'm just not very good at triggers, so your help is appreciated.

Thanks still.

Level 24
Hmm, I tried using bloodmages Sphere initially.
Later on today I'll try Orb Effects or Envenomed Weapons (Orc) I think it changes unit's missile model when added, orb effect does for sure.
(Don't know why I didn't use orb effects first :S)

If you want to test it yourself just change the EA_SPELL[1,2,&3] ability with copies of Item orb of fire Ability in the INIT tab, and just disable (Right click) all the "ORDER - UNIT - SEA WITCH FROST ARROWS" in the 4 triggers, otherwise I'd be happy to change it.

"If you don't wanna help anymore, I'll understand, it's good as it is."

Nonsense!
This is loads of fun.

EDIT
Updated first post! x 2!
- Fixed non ordered attack leading to the effect not firing, orb of slow is to blame as it has this internal bug

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.