• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Request an Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hello Guys, i need a spell [ Spear Throw ] that will be similar to ice arrows type of spell. that u can turn on and the unit will atack on range when he will have mana.
so basicaly i got a simple unit (spearman with simple melee atack)
and i want him to have an ability to throw a spear ( at range 700 )
can someone help me? how do i do that i tried with fire arrows and ice arrows but the unit is just missing the atack or does not atack.

Level 31
You can start off by reading Lordshingo's guide. All he does is use the Bear Form spell that changes 1 unit type to another (1st unit type can have a melee attack, 2nd unit type can have the ranged attack).
i know about thingy with transformation but i wanted to it simple with fire or ice arrow spell and i ask if there is a posibility to do like this.

Level 24
Neither of those abilities change anything to the actual range of the unit.
You just have to transform it into the new unit whenever the autocast is activated.

On the other hand, because the new unit is ranged, the regular frost arrows or searing arrows does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.