• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 50
Final Entry: IslandiaRenovamen

Story:
"South Vacuum Spaceways' touristic board invites you to visit Golden Flora at IslandiaRenovamen!
IslandiaRenovamen is a tycoon owned 5th-tier-size planet most known for its Terran inspired vegetation on the top of the frozen hill known as Terran Botanic Top where an unforgettable Elite Tauren Chieftain concert was held at the opening. This 21st century folklore inspired piece of forgotten time is controlled by near thousand underground built engines and taken care of by galaxywide known scientist group DNAggro. Terran Botanic Top was given the status of 7634th Galaxy Wonder two Inter Galactic Rendezvous ago. It is also the second ever radiation-corrupted planet to be listed on Galaxy Wonders list!

Haven't you always wanted to smell a fresh air being surrounded by magnificent alter mutant reverse engineered trees with golden glow? Or ever wanted to experience a real Terran-like earthquake? We have plenty of these on IslandiaRenovamen thanks to our heavy contraption ventilating underground installments whose glitching can really shake things up!
Oh, and don't forget to bring your own gas bottles because of recent market embargo Starsystem Trading Corp. put on this planet. Whether you'll rather rest your bionic walkers or enjoy the spectacular radiation-overflow sunset, you will surely wish to come back sooner than you financially ever could!"
NOTE: Following a decision by the Inter Planetary Executive Committee, Terran and Zerg tourist groups cannot be visiting the planet at the same time. For further info on arrangements send a satellite signal to the nearest planet tourist info board under our group.

-Touristic board, branch of IslandiaRenovamen.

Screenshots: Terrain 022.jpg Terrain 005.jpg Terrain 012.jpg Terrain 013.jpg Terrain 010.jpg

Attachments

• ice.SC2Map
    438.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

A work in progress or your final entry? Looks inviting so far :]
It needs a bit of fog clearing to make it more transitory in atmospheric elements.

You should also try out some vegetation spots on buildings and roads. It could bring the ruined city sort of feeling to it.

I can't believe there are only two days left and we have just four entries at best, this isn't good for potential future SC2 contests :/

There are four finished entries, almost. I think that the reason for this is because the original host of this contest forgot to properly advertise the contest and other factors that could've brought the needed attention around.
Don't forget that most people here nowadays are either modding wc3(a larger percentage), some sc2(smaller percentage) while others just hang around.

We've also noticed that the contest lasted two months instead of one. I guess that was decided to give interested people the time they needed to come up with something.

It seems that it proved to be a mistake and people kinda forgot to check up on the contest regularly. That and coupled with a bad timing to open up the contest also contributed to the low participation.

For the following sc2 contests, we will keep in mind these critical factors and adjust contests accordingly.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I think that the reason for this is because the original host of this contest forgot to properly advertise the contest and other factors that could've brought the needed attention around.
I disagree.
1) I only was responsible for this contest for the first 12 days after its launch.
2) There have been several posts on other, StarCraft 2 related websites to advertise this contest
Ask SCN if you don't believe me.
3) If there is anyone responsible for the small number of participants, it's the Hive members/staff.
This site is, was and has always been way too WarCraft focused - Hive failed to expand into the
StarCraft II Section when Wings of Liberty was released. It was too late for a contest to solve this
problem, that's why the number of participants is that low.

But, ahh, I am going completely off topic now and better leave this thread again.

Level 8
I disagree.
1) I only was responsible for this contest for the first 12 days after its launch.
2) There have been several posts on other, StarCraft 2 related websites to advertise this contest
Ask SCN if you don't believe me.
3) If there is anyone responsible for the small number of participants, it's the Hive members/staff.
This site is, was and has always been way too WarCraft focused - Hive failed to expand into the
StarCraft II Section when Wings of Liberty was released. It was too late for a contest to solve this
problem, that's why the number of participants is that low.

But, ahh, I am going completely off topic now and better leave this thread again.
I really appreciate the opportunity to participate in the sc2 contest, last year on xgm.guru (biggest mod community on RU area) where only 3 participants..So at all it's not so bad!

Deleted member 254387

D

Deleted member 254387

Is this over? I'm feeling bad for not completing what I started... Some irl things got in the way and mapmaking is not my priority even though I really like doing terrains and stuff. I might have seen too big as well. Something more focussed like the tal'darim hall would have been better and much more cool. I also agree this is sad so few people participated, but Murlocologist is right, there are very few people doing maps. Most new people that tries making a map just give up after a couple tries because it's too complex. Anyway, please, don't make this the last contest, but something smaller or in team could be interesting.

Good luck everyone!

Level 8
Finaly my slow pc finished render of 39gb video

As proof that level is my you can see me previous post of start work and full size map at 2 october post. Also in video you can see that level was created 2 october.
All map is playable, no spammed doodads, minimum objects. Creative placement, all objects are basic, not imported.
Screenshots are created in game, without fog of war by only game came
ra with editet light render in starcraft 2 editor. You can download and check by yourself.

Screenshot2016-10-04_14_41_57.jpg

Screenshot2016-10-04_14_43_37.jpg

Screenshot2016-10-04_14_42_38.jpg

Screenshot2016-10-04_14_43_11.jpg

Screenshot2016-10-04_14_42_54.jpg

Screenshot2016-10-04_14_44_37.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.