• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Future RP Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm not even sure what that would look like. Possibly a scythe-like blade on the tail.

Well, I'm more willing to go with a futuristic RP, where we create our own plots and stories. That way, it will be the everyday life with lots of interesting things going on (since the everyday life changes, depending on what you do), and there will be no good vs evil sides. It'll just be the players and the NPCs. How does that sound?

Level 23
How about a mix of fantasy and sci-fi? For example, a sci-fi world, where gods DO exist, with elves etc, but also with advanced technology etc. (And dragons offcourse =3)

Imagine an undead army with lazer-machine guns, fighting elves in great white armor, who use compound bows, shooting plasma-tipped arrows.

Oh, and the Grim Reaper has more to him than his appearance you know. (So no, no scythes are involved)

Level 23
If you do it right, it will turn out right.

And with the Grim Reaper, I meant that he gathers dead souls and helps them on... though in a slightly different way than normally.

Namely: He knows that there is an afterlife, he also knows that it is crap, therefor, he revives dead people, and brings them into a place he calls New Paradise, a place surrounded by mountains, in which only the dead are allowed, he himself is sort of like the gate-keeper and the guide to this place.

Level 10
So, who's up for a futuristic planet side RP? I'm not in the mood for a dragon RP, and we all like scifi, so I think it's best.

I don't think there would be magic. People would go craazy with it and it would get out of hand. Technology is probably best in that case. I think mythical creatures should be allowed, but they'd be limited in number, noting that there would be many species on that planet. (Maybe they all banded together after their caravan crashed. That would mean that they were escaping from something, maybe their planets were being destroyed by natural disasters or another race.) This RP would have to take place after the planet was fully civilized and the countries would begin trying to take full control.

I've actually run out of ideas right now, but if our characters have vehicles or mechs, or even suits, it should be noted in the reference sheet. Their weapons and abilities for each should be put down too.

So basically, something like this. You can take out the ( ) when you do the ref sheet. Those are just info for creating your character.

Name: (Gotta be called something)
Species: (There are many species in the universe and on that planet. What are you?)
Personality: (what is your character like?)
Bio (History): (Put down your character's past here.)
Description: (What does your character look like?)
Weapon(s):(List any guns, swords, shields, etc.)

Suit: (What kind of suit is it and what can it do? Scanners, infrared, night vision, etc.)
Name: (if it has one)
Weapons/Defense: (List any guns, swords, shields, etc.)

Vehicle/Mech (Robot): (What is it and what does it do?)
Weapons/Defense: (List any guns, swords, shields, etc.)

If anyone has ideas, tell me.

If you want, we could put this in the Order of RPing thread. It's a lot easier to use than the forums, plus, we can have pictures to show our characters (though I guess we could use our galleries for that too.).

Edit: I've just posted in the Order of RPing social group, since it appears there is at least one person who still checks it. I'm hoping we can get some competant people that way. I just remember that the Order of RPing fell because we didn't have any rules set, so there was way too much opportunity.

Last edited:
Level 14
You've barely explained anything. I'm not getting anything you just said. And why do you generally and randomly think that we accept this. Also we just got out of a futuristic roleplay we need change why do you think we didn't do another fantasy rp after World of Darjis. Of course you probably don't know anything about that.

Level 27
How about a RP/Forum Game where you evolve your own species and create your own civilisation?
Like, an über version of spore, but in text?

I tried something like it while NESing (Never Ending Story) in the CivFanatics forums.
Was REALLY cool. :D
The flexibility of text RP actually makes that kind of stuff fun.

Level 10
Well, I've noticed that I'm really the only one who wants a new RP. All I saw from you was manipulating humans and daily life in a city. I can't say that that's helping much. I can't give many details because I don't have them, and from I could tell about your RP ideas is that you have no clue what we should do either.

Now, I'm not sure if you noticed, but my last post was a suggestion. You've shown interest in a new scifi RP, as you're the ones who suggested it. I'm trying to expand on that, since I find it a good idea. Now, I don't see why I'm the only one trying to find a good plot for the thing, but it's a little annoying. You need to help too.

Level 23
No, to me.

Anyway, the only sci-fi I was showing interrest in, was the world we have now, but playing less uber characters, other than that, I only shown interrest in a compromise between fantasy and Sci-fi... I REALY want to play a dragon now =3.

Level 10
Well, there's also the Order of Elders RP. Dragons are the top race there, but Gath, I don't like the idea of manipulating lower beings to do things you could do yourself. It seems kindof lame.

Personally, I'm up for both RPs. I just know that you and DarkKnight haven't really been helping in picking a good RP. It's kindof just been we like this, describe describe. That's how it's supposed to be, but then there's that whole section where we talked about how lame it would be. This is going a little slow for me.

Oh, and we all like dragons.

Level 10
Crazy cow, I think it's been said taht we all like dragons.

The sad thing is that I tried that once, but as soon as everyone's characters were approved, everyone dissapeared and it never got started. I don't understand why.

A dragon RP would be interesting, but I think it'd have to be like Order of Elders, in that we create our own stories and lore, not following a set plot where we don't do anything but manipulate others.

I also make for a good bad guy. In elders, I have a nice large chunk of the world, while var has 2/3 and misha has a little trading country near the desert. XD

I'm currently beginning a campaign in that RP. XD

Level 23
to note, I gave you the large chunk of land you now have in that RP. No one attempted to stop my claiming the world, and they don't really see much of an enemy in you. However, I have been established as a challenging enemy, capable of making things difficult when needed to ensure things aren't so... cheap. (You are in your first official antagonist attempt in the RP, so we will see how well you do)

Anyone else here been a bad guy before? :)

Level 27
Me.
I've played main antagonists in several SotDRP campaigns, and i've modded three Fantasy NESes (Never Ending Stories) on the CivFanatics forums + modding my own RP here on hive.

In all four occasions i had to play both good guys, bad guys and all the other types of guys, though i've been playing a heckload of bad guys in the NESes, which were of the M&A (Mercenaries and Asassins) series.

Plus i have great experiance with writing plots from my widespread Modding experiances from both real life Tabletops and Online RP.

Shortly Said:
I'm an experianced DM.
What more do you need to be an evil mastermind?

Level 10
Yeah, I took a lot of land, and Hellion gave me the rest of the 1/3 of the planet. Misha has a tiny section. lol

Anyways, does anyone else have any ideas for the RPs? I'm assuming we'll be doing both dragon and scifi? maybe Gath can create the dragon RP, and I can create the scifi RP in the Order of RPing group.

Wow, that's a lot. I think you'd make a great DM then. Maybe you could tackle a scifi one then. XD That would be very interesting.

Last edited:
Level 23
A bit of lore I had in mind (not made to look nice, and I plan to make my character be important for once >.>)

My character, will be a shadow dragon (A black dragon that can vanish into thin air, when in the shadow, this includes night with little moonlight) who was once accepted by the gods, however, he got an unusual affection to one of the godessess, and started to fall in love with her. A god, on the other hand, got angry about this, and banished my dragon from the gods company.

In his stay, my dragon noticed that only the innocent people, of younger than (insert young age here) or a true saint. (not a fake one) go to the paradise in the afterlife, the rest are thrown into the equivelant of hell. My dragon could not stand this, and he used the magics he learned while in the gods company, to raise the dead with their own concious mind present, he then would ask wether they wanted to go to hell, or to the place he calls New Paradise, which is a secluded area, within mountains where the re-living live.

This, however, is obviously against what the gods wish, and so they have contacted several religious people, who started forming groups, to attack this blasphemous place, and bring all the souls in there to rest.

Every attack got crushed by the gatekeeper, my dragon, however every time the forces were growing, and so a conflict is about to start.

Anyone willing to play the religious people? Their clothing in general is white, with red rims and signs, these rims sometimes also have gold.
There can be a dragon in their ranks, white preferrably =3 (or with white clothing/war-painting).

This creates a setting where neighter are good nor evil.
My character, goes against the gods, but helps the people.
The religious faction, helps the gods, and think they are helping the people.

Level 27
...which i thought was kind of what we were trying to avoid.
Having a clear good and a clear evil in a RP really helps it to become spicy and colorful.
Nobody is though saying that there can't be lots of other people whose allegiance is clouded.

I'm not saying your lore isn't cool, and i like the general idea, but i kindof thought we were going in another direction with this rp.

Level 10
Oh geez, there's nothing like a religious war. DarkKnight, your lore seems to focuse the RP all one you. I'm not sure that that'd be a fun RP. I'm not religious, but I know that religious wars are bloody and annoying. I mean, look at the middle east, what we have there is a religious war turned into a war on terror.

Dragonson is correct, though. Maybe you've been joinign the wrong RPs. I know for a fact that var and I have good plots, and they are very entertaining. Var is great at overwhelming others through force, and I'm good with stratagies that complement my abilities, though they may be simpler than var's.

Here's an idea for the dragon RP.

"Ten thousand years ago, the Demon War raged on between the dragons of this world, and the demons who seek to dominate it. After years of fighting, the demons were pushed back into their world, and the portals connecting the two were sealed.

Ever since the end of the war, the dragons have lived in peace. Their alliance holds strong, but their armies are lacking, and have grown soft. Now, againstall odds, the portals have begun to reappear, and demons have begun filing through.

They waited in secret, ammassing a great army, while they prepared to summon their master. All they needed was the royal blood of a dragon, blessed by the gods ages ago.

A couple years later, the demons attacked, slaughtering the King of the Nourthern Realm, and draining his blood. With the dragon armies of the alliance protecting their sacred lands, the balance of the world rests in the hands of great dragons like you."

So, what do you think? It provides a good plot, lots of adaptability, and the opportunity to do what you want, without forcing others to join you. DarkKnight, if you want, you could live your life in peace while we fight. But I'm sure you won't get much excitment out of it.

Level 27
Personally i think we should have a dragon RP with multiple plot lines running along simultaneously.
It's worked for me before, and in the end one allways sees his moment to bring all the strings together and form a nicely weaved carpet with loads of blood stains.

Level 23
Sacrid, I was not stating the entire setting of the RP, only that which surrounds my character.

I rarely every create the entire setting, I am for creative input from other people, if everybody can add something to the RP, then everybody can be happy =D.

I just said, IF anyone wants to join the opposite, religious faction, can do so.

Edit: What the ninja above me said =D.

Level 10
That works. I think there could be a way to tie things together, showing a series of domino-like effects.

Personally, invasions are always a fun thing to do, but I did notice that nobody commented on my plot idea. Heck, we could have a few main plots going on, all just as important as the others. XD That'd be awesome.

Level 23
o_O I didnt do it on purpose =D, though for some reason, my computer almost always tries to double post, its realy annoying, and appearantly, sometimes he succeeds.

Perhaps that my internet was just slow, and it took 30 seconds to post the second one?

Status
Not open for further replies.