• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Future RP Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
There's also a wormhole station that was being constructed, on it, people will be stationened, and whenever the minerals get into orbit, they send a ship to it, after which they store it in the station, until another ship comes to pick it up.

Level 10
The Alliance of Five! 5 different Races! Or unless you guys don't want that. Here are the races.
Alliance of Five-
A Super Government with 5 Lead members or representives who lead the Alliance of Five in its decesions for the Universe and its occuptants. (Government based on Mass Effect lol.)
The 5 main races are the Protoss or the Kahla, The Caltrios, The Elitous, Xeuiainans and the Guardians. Each of these races hold an aspect. The Kahla are the Leaders in all Science and industry and military development. The Caltrios are the Leaders of Industry and are the main developers of Minerals for the Alliance. The Elitous are the law enforcement of the Alliance of Five. The Xeuiainans are the Law Makers and Ship Production and Tactical Advisors of the Alliance. The Guardians are the Heads of Security and Defence against all foreign Attacks or Political Attack the are the main Military Structure.
The Alliance of five was formed 20,000 years ago in the darkest Hour of races agianst the Advisories Called the Xel-Naliga an Ancient Evil Race that sought to conquer the Gaxaly. The War continued for another 19,000 years the war was brutal as the Entire Xel-Naliga Race was destoried and The Races under its control were freed But some of its races are still loyal to it. Though the War ended the Alliance of Five lead to rebuild The races of the Alliance of Five as many new races joined the Alliance but were not fully excepted into the Alliance. The Guardian Race had joined the war 2,000 years before the down fall of the Xel-Naliga. With The Guardian race and its newfound Allies The war was soon taken into the core and the homeworld of the Xel-Naliga. Thus Defeating the Xel-Naliga. Now in this new age of Reformation the Races of the Alliance have Grown Back to its former Glory but a Shadow lurks in the Darkness........
Name:Guardians (5th Race)
Homeworld:*Destoried*
Controlled Planets: Yuain System, and the Auriella Sector (consists of 10 systems).
Government:Monarchy
Life Span: 100-120 Sol years
Leader: Lord Mortis Kalto
Description: The Guardians are the most Warlike of the Alliance of Five. Having more than twice the number of Ships than any of the Alliance Races. But Only the Elitous Can Have as many ships.
The Guardians are the protectors of the borders of the Alliance of Five.
Here is what a Guardian Looks Like
171240-albums1679-picture13067.png

Guardian Soldier
171240-albums1679-picture24456.png

Name:Caltrios (3rd Race)
HomeWorld:Corin
Controlled Planets:Balis System, Vortric System and The Lortis
Life Span:300-500 Sol Years
Government:Demcractic
Leader:Vorkin Lago Ran Corin Latis Va Lais (Mouthful of words there -_-)
Description: From their Low Gravity World they must wear this armor in order to protect their Bodies from being damaged.
171240-albums1679-picture24471.png

Name:Kahla (protoss)
HomeWorld:Ignatus
Controlled Planets: Widow's Spire sector, Garin Sector.
Life Span: 5,000 solar years (most die before they reach the age of 2,000)
Government:Tribal
Leaders: Represnetive Porkin and Councilor Korith
Looks:
171240-albums1679-picture15088.png

Name:Xeuininan (can't spell it, its too long lol)
Description:Due to their clean and bacterial free Homeworld the __________ created this armor in order to protect them from the infections of the universe.
171240-albums1679-picture24470.png

Name:Elitous
HomeWorld:Sange
Government:Democratic/Monarchy
Leader:Yainlis
Looks: Many of the Elitous are warriors and serve as the main soldier of the Alliance of Five's military.
171240-albums1679-picture24468.png

Level 23
... I dunno about that alliance. I thought it was doubtful in the other scifi RP. Besides, you would have to create a race and character sheet for every single race. (depending on whether you had characters in any race, you'd need to create a character sheet (post info) Other than that, we have enough prime evils (take over the galaxy) races currently, and written into the past ages of the galaxy. :/ So, the "better the galaxy" is kinda hard to do as we are only occupying a smaller portion of the galaxy, and not the entire thing (Earth and the human civilization are remaining out of the RP as best we can) The current badguys seem to be hostile species (noticably sacrid's Vultarans, a volcanic race enslaving many species in the past, and recently taking the Koldir) including the two races SolMaster has, that seem to have a grudge against me. :p The Holis' past (energy beings) seem to be filled with bloodshed, before they ascended to their energy form, and currently, they have a 'tragic' past with Elenai's race, and have a vile branch of their race making an appearance. So, our chain of evil is kinda full at the moment, with the past having a long brutal war already. So... I think most of us would love not to have another brutal "take all or nothing" war slipped into the galaxy's history. :/

But other than the war, I'd prefer it if you brought it down to 1 race. We've had duel races before as a single faction, and it got kinda messy. And keeping track of ten new races doesn't help (middle of race spawning season :p)

Race, home planet, lifespan, physical description of race, history (please not galactic war D: It effects everyone's race but mine :/), tech, government form, as well as racial tendencies (my Chozo are a scientific people, with a chaotic, war-like past they are trying to leave behind in their dead home galaxy)

Same goes for characters. Pictures look odd in it (it really does) and could likely be better as links in the text? (Same goes for tech. If there are pictures that match what you describe, then you can link the pic. Spore doesn't count. :p) As for races and characters, text would likely be best. Spore? Not so much. too blobular :/

But, on a final note, I like detail. And if this RP says anything, detail helps a lot. If you can find a scientific way to explain something, it has a good chance of being accepted. But as far as details go... my bouts with SolMaster are a great example :p It's amazing what details can do for one's dispositon, as well as position, isn't it SolMaster? :p

Edit: Just a quick fact though. When you create a single race and character, as well as technology, we will critique (given) and try to get it as good as possible for finalization and approval. I think we are trying to avoid the catastrophe that was Order of RPing. (uhg... Godmodders Galore. With me, again, as the counter :/) But... there is a special Godmod counter in this RP other than myself. :p Elenai's famous Monstrosities, biometal stations larger than moons, gone insane. Ancient war relics abandoned in the old trading routes of their dispersed empire, insane from lack of proper maintenance, ripping apart those it comes across. I have survived them three times myself. I hardly did a dent, (it repaired XD) and it took up good resources, but I like to think I did well :p

Level 10
No. Absolutely not. Storm, we have enough new races. If you want to make one, that's fine. But having five individual races for one person is too much. I can barely keep track of who has what right now. We don't need more confusion. Also, Spore is not a very good thing to create a race with. The models are rounded, the parts exagerated, and the pictures are small. If you are going to create a new race for the RP, find a picture of something that looks like it on other sites, like deviantart. That's where i found my vultaran pictures. We already have three people changing races, swapping them out for better, more hostile ones. Heck, I did it a long time ago. However, I did not create a spam of races. Part of the problem would be the history. Who's going to be the leader on the ship? Of course, you can't have 5 captains, and each race is going to want one of their own in charge, no matter how much they trust the other races. Besides, your races are so different from eachother, it would be hard to tell what was what. Heck, I don't even know what Gath's new race is. So please, JUST MAKE ONE. It's not spring yet, and we've got a lot of new people who have come in and out. For everyone's sanity, make it easier on us and reduce the number of races. One is enough. Don't kill our minds, or we'll kill your alliance.

Level 8
ugh I'm having a hard time deciding what my race should look like. Human-like is so cliche :/ any suggestions?

Level 10
Well i wasn't trying to god mod lol. Because i know how it works. Plus they just got out of a massive war 1,000 years ago. Like the Guardian Race pretty much is a dieing race now. The Kahla are getting killed off by a virus. And the Elitous are Perfectly fine except for only having at least 20 billion of their race still live. In total all of the races combined is little over 20 trillion (The Caltrios and the Kahla are the largest.)
PLUS!
I put in boundaries so that i won't Rigged. So its not like as if they are impossible. They were when they had a war with the Xel-Nigai so its not like as if i'm trying too.
I also put up the governments and the life spans of the race.
Their Technology is like the Osgard from Stargate SG-1 but its a little less powerful.
The Races involved in this are all the Alliance of Five Races. Plus i didn't know that you guys were having so much trouble XD.
plus i won't try to get involved in intergalatic war unless porvoked. Like attacking a space port.
Anyway lore time
The Alliance of five has been gathered its numbers now below those during the war, a strange virus has spread to through the races. Many of the Alliance of fives hierarchy points to the Fallen a race of cyborgic beings at one time enslaved by the Xel-Nagiai. The Fallen at the end of the war were lost and their slavery gone. But their loyalty still lied with the Xel-Nagiai, other races that were enslaved and brainwashed still have their loyalty to the Xel-Nagia. So the slaves of the Xel-Nagia became pritates raiding worlds and sucide attacks. Soon the Alliance of Five's Short peace was gone. Soon virus's and mechinical Creatures were realeased, on entire populous killing millions. The Alliance of Five's Domain now grew smaller and smaller, now the Alliance of five is holding to the last 500,000 Worlds under its control. 1/5 of its strength now are all that are left of the Mighty Alliance of Five.
The Alliance of five's Gathering Place is Called Jerico, the last planets are now highly protected as all of the areas surronding their domain are now fully armed and ready.
Character:Hakur
Race:protoss
Homeworld:Lagosh
Affliation:Deceiver
Background:
Deciever are the elite warriors of the Alliance they lead special operations and are the right Hand of the Council, They act as the leaders of squads or even sometimes a General of Entire Sector Fleet. Hakur became this after proving his worth agianst a Fallen Encampment by inflatrating with he and his Caltrios friend Jackal destoried the entire encampment by placing a vortex charge. He is famous for his jump boots and his large sword arm.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs13/f/2007/012/0/4/Protoss_by_Beloved_Creature.jpg
Character:Jackal
Race:Caltrios
Homeworld:UNKNOWN!
Affliation:Deciever
Background:
Due to his massively built structure and his technological attidude his precpative manner has been ill for him ever since joining the Decievers. He is one of Hakurs Greatest allies and friend, his ship known as The Avenger is known for its speed and resilant armor.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/171240-albums1679-picture24453.png
Character:Calin
Race:Elitous
Homeworld:Sangeli
Affliation:Alliance Navy
Background:
Descendant from a legendary warrior and commander Calin is a extremely well corridanted commander. His Stratgeic and Warrior hone skills have proven to be the down fall of many to his blasters. Though a Commander he leads a Barge Called the Light of Dawn a ancient relic of his forebearers.
Calin
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/d/dd/Councilor1.jpg

Light of Dawn
171240-albums1679-picture13066.png

Thats it for Characters.
Plus i know that their are many races but i've run out of ideas for new races. Plus i'm not going to use any loop holes.
Also just to say this but these races are dieing so yeah.....

Level 14
Hold it right there Storm. The very fact you put "Protoss" as a race makes me want to say unapproved. And plus 5 races i to much. We are at near breaking point as is. Its to a point I should just say no more races. And as for my 4 races I did intend for most of the people to create characters from exsisting races I never expected everyone to make their own race. Also var you keep leaving out my evil race the "cousins" of sorts of the Laminari.
Anyway I find it hard as hell to approved 5 races. I mean right now the only thing that would make me want to approve a race is if someone epic like Elenai made one. So inless you become epic in the next five seconds I am fed up with a billion races. Now can we please take steps towards organization!!

Level 10
Well if you want me to choice a race thats gonna be nearly impossible........
I have 10 races
The Fallen-a cyborgic creature race.
Guardians-A dragonic empire of a dieing race.
The Caltros- A Human like Race of insectinoide bugs.
The Elitous-sorta like the elites from halo except are more plant like like than anything else.
The Zeriun-a vampire/bat like empire.
Vinuis-a large boar like empire.
Xel-Nalgia-a race of bird like beings. (Evil)
Enslavers- A blood thirsty empire of large shark like creatures.
The Kahla- You guys might call them protoss but they are nothing like them. They have no powers they are just

Level 23
I thought the Fredolis were extinct except very few occassions where survivors were found. And, it was requested that I make a brief summery, so I skimmed up until the last 30-ish pages, at which point I went from memory. :/ I do read everyone's posts, and thus work to remember the details. I just left out the Fredolis, due to them supposedly being extinct.

... I forgot about Gath losing his systems... D: Sorry. :/

Xel-Nalgia-a race of bird like beings. (Evil)
Sounds like the old Chozo Empire when the empirialists took over, thus leading to a multi-system war, and the fleeing of refugees to a new galaxy.

the Alliance of five is holding to the last 500,000 Worlds under its control. 1/5 of its strength now are all that are left of the Mighty Alliance of Five.
That is far too many planets for a population of 20 trillion to maintain. Really, most of us have under 60-100 worlds, spread throughout about 10 systems. 500,000 planets is far too much. :/ The Chozo have 12 systems, and about 30 planets are actually colonized, the rest being too harsh for proper Chozo settlements, and instead, become mining facilities and research stations, military outposts. Still, 500,00 planets is a bit much when you put about 10 planets per system (give or take a few) and averages around 5,000 systems under your control.

Level 10
well most of them are desert worlds or death worlds. So they are barely hatiable.
5,000 is good then.
I was also counting Gas Giants -.- and moons. But apparently i can't use them. thats why i have all of these new races so you guys can choice which one.

Level 10
Well, I tried getting a list of everyone's races together, but after skimming the first 30 pages I realized that it would ne much simpler to ask everyone to post thier races and characters (with links to thier pages, if possible). So, could everyone comply so we can start organizing? In case you missed mine, they are:

Let's get this together so we can organize, ok?

Level 23
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1131920-post68.html Link =D

Race
Name: Koldir
Appearance: Basically almost like humans, however, they have a bit of a tinted skin colour, have horns comming from their elbows, pointing away from their hands. also, every joint in the fingers has a little horn-like thing comming from it, pointing towards the tips of the fingers (You do not want to start a fist fight with them XD)
Habits: The Koldir prefer a form of honor, they prefer to see their enemy face to face before a fight, they will NOT under whatever circumstances use ranged weaponry (Usage of ranged weaponry will get you heavy punishment in their territory), they also like honesty and generally hate backstabbers. As for cultural habits, they like pretty things and architecture, knowledge is pretty important to them and loyalty to friends is also very apreciated.

Empire
Name: Koldir Empire
Leader: Daldim Norlai
Military technology: The Koldir empire specializes in melee weapons and speed, as such, all of their war ships have wings, most two, some four, these wings are directly connected to the engines, ensuring that there is no damage to the ship itself when it starts cutting into the enemy ship, the edges of the wings are covered with small holes, that shoot out plasma and form it in a edge like form, to increase the easiness of the cut through an enemy ship, furthermore, the defences of the ships are concentrated near the wings, energy shields for example, are only used near the wings, to absorb any explosion that might follow the attack, the wings are the strongest parts of the ship, the whole ship would be destroyed even before the wings would fall off.
the wings make the strength, the body the protection, as for the engines, they offcourse allow for speed and maneuverability, which they realy have, they can be fast enough to create a great cutting force at the edges of the wings, yet be maneuverable enough to evade missiles, bombs and plasma bullets (or however you can call them) offcourse, it's only the pilots that are the most important, as they have to be able to use all this speed and maneuverabillity, most ships in the fleet are small, fighter like, however, there are also massive battleships, designed to crush hostile ships with their massive wings, these battleships also oftenly carry hundreds of small fighter craft, though they are rare.
Civil technology: majority of the people has stopped working becouse of a massive project that replaces people with robots, this way, people can all get the same things, it began with food, which is now being produced in massive factories in masive amounts, enough to feed the entire population whenever they want to eat, further there are many factories that create all sorts of things, only a couple of jobs are left without automization, the people who do these jobs, have the privilage to get customly made things, specially according to their specifications, now people only do things for fun, all scientists do so.
Occupied area: They inhabit only 5 planets, 6 moons, 110 star bases, have about 500 mining bases and about 300 wormhole bases. majority of their planets and moons are planets with large deserts.
all of their colonies are founded around 3 stars, 2 of which, are turning around eachother.
History: The Koldir empire started when an empire had conquered the entire world, that was just after the Koldir had build their first flying machine, after that, it went bad for a while, the emperor of the early Koldir Empire was a greedy and selfish man, he wanted everything, but gave nothing in return, luckily for the people, he died from a disease, the Emperors who followed, were more thinking about the empire than about themselves, making the Koldir empire grow and grow, they developed space flight and build a colony on their moon, this colony soon got destroyed becouse of a meteorite that struck it, that stopped progress to other planets for a while, though many space stations were build, and also some starbases, which were mostly meant to protect anything from meteorites and astroids, a new colony was founded on the moon, and it this time, was a succes, so they moved on to the closest planet, and colonized that one too, they found a small, stable wormhole, large enough for a colony ship to pass through, first some scout ships went through, then a colony ship, which founded yet another colony, several other colonies were founded after that, also, after loads of research, they found out how the wormhole worked, and succesfully replicated one, though the maximum stabillity they could get out of it, was 70% for half an hour long, after that it collapsed, so they build a ship that was fully self sustainable, the ship was called a wormhole ship, as the ship was able to create a wormhole leading to the homeworld, though it couldn't travel through it itself, so this ship moves forever, searching for interresting places to go, and allowing for construction of more permanent wormhole bases, this ship was constantly re-fitted on the go, for example, when they met an alien species, and noticed they were hostile and used ranged attacks, the ship was quickly repaired and refitted with fighter bays and fighters, at current times, they have found many races, none of which value close ranged weaponrly like the Koldir do, and so, the Koldir see just about every civilization as cowards, though they do have good relations with many of them.

KAFWOOOOOM!!! Here it is =D

Level 35
OOC: I think...I'm going to reintroduce a Melodari aspect into the god-modding counters...

Monstrosities: Destroy's large god-modding structures, and acts as a world event/boss/plot devise.

Laminari: Peaceful, good race that keeps a balance between complicated story lines, and enacts quests, provides plot devices: My main playable race, guardians of sorts.

Melodari: Reavers for striking heavy blows to overly grown races. They are not Melodari in the old sense, but take the name from their ancient warrior culture. They are secretive caravans of Laminari who act as "angels of death", assassins in the gaping black, knives in the darkest deep. They are the racial equivalent of a Monster.

Weaponry, shields, propulsion present in each:

Monstrosity, and Laminari/Melodari:

bio-steel tentacles, hull, and chastise: Their uses are many, as well as their defensive regrowth capabilities.

Rail shards: small crystaline projectiles shot from railguns at massive speeds to penetrate deep into the armour of incoming ships, and personnel.

Arrow Quill: Projectiles that are the equivalent of explosive missiles.

Light weaponry: High intensity laser-like fire, particles and energy are blasted out as a beam from a gun platform: Your basic sci-fi weapon.

Warp Ripper: A weapon of monstrosity origin, originally designed by The Kraken, after tearing a warp drive out of a Chozo ship. This weapon design was then sent to monstrosities around the AI network that linked them. This weapon tears through dimensional space, and rips anything in its way assunder. This weapon is capable of rendering time based shields null, and void. As it is not impeded by the 4th dimension, due to its nature of ripping a large wake through space-time.

Pulse Shields: contained in the cellular structure of each bio-steel cell, is a device that produces a small "pulse shield" aura. The collective cells build on each other and create a massive overlaying shield, like the overlapping scales on a dragon, as opposed to how other races build a single shield "bubble", or "snail shell" that is easily penetrable, and crushed. A pulse shield is called such, because each ship is like a body, and the cellular bio-steel is all connected to the "heart of the ship", and the pulse of the core power grid gives it life.

Warp drive: Originally, only Laminari, and Melodari ships had the capacity for warp drive, and a few monstrosities like Raven, who had a means of travel specially designed for her. Until The Kraken discovered the chozo warp device, and produced his own variant, of which he shared on the AI network.

Warp drive works by creating a wave in space-time behind the ship, and the ship surfs that wave at faster than light speeds towards the target. There is also a low speed equivalent that the vessels use in maneuvering flight, that instead of making a huge wave, produces a warp 'tunnel' that the ship rides at the head of.

In Warp faster than light speed, the ship appears to outsiders like a comet of white light barreling past them.

Monstrosity only: Angelic AI guards: They are ancient melodari who have been infused into life support structures within the armour of these angelic inspired battle suits, that act as foot troops on a Monstrosity vessel. There are many orders, and classes. The ones seen so far, are Cherubim: Described in the conflict with the Chozo.

They carry pulse shields in their wings, as well as low-speed warp drives. Their primary weapons are a "Blade of flame", which is essentially a high intensity, heavy light gun, as well as a literal blade for a side arm.

Other such variants heard of, but not confirmed are: Seraphim-

...*transmittion interrupted*

...*transmittion restored*

The prime means of defense, is the AI itself. A powerful foe, whom sits on the throne deep in the heavily guarded monstrosity. This creature is not an artificial intelligence, but is an ancient Melodari lord who is infused into the data-control matrix of the beast. In the same way that he has his own body, the Monster's entire build, weapons, cells, and all, are his body as well, and he has perfect control over it, capable of defending himself by what ever means necessary, if intruders should be strong enough to dare intrude into his lair.

AI on laminari, and melodari ships act in a similar fashion. They too are Laminari/Melodari persons infused into the matrix of the ship's controls, and control a ship's bio-steel in a similar way. They are revered for their skills, as they often act as the auto pilots and guides "mariners" for the ship.

All AI of this species are living organisms, and as such, have emotions, feelings, and individual personalities. Some: Such as in the case of Asame, can actually fall in love with their commanders. Though in this case they might never admit it.

There is even individuality amongst the Monstrosity AI congregation.

The Kraken for example, is relatively inexperienced, and young as far as the AI go. His original Melodari lordship was that of a very young prince, who was given control over a monstrosity (at the time called a Star Fortress) after achieving high rank in his military academy, and also some might say...through cunning manipulation of the lordly houses, and through various alliances on the part of his mother. During the Revelation, and after the civil war in the wake of the Laminari exodus, the old Melodari Empire was destroyed, abandoned, and left in ruins. Many of the Monstrosity AI were forgotten in the chaos, and the throne rooms sealed shut in a stasis dormancy, alas, the AI matrix fell into disrepair in this exceedingly long dormancy, and began to interfere with the brains, and chemo-nervous systems of the AI, causing insanity, or instability, which triggered the deeper cruelties of the Melodari individual within the throne, or in the case of The Kraken, it triggered his highly militarized, and "honour" driven nature, in which he felt he must now prove himself amongst the AI congregation, albiet now through intense shows of his power, the desire for a large girdle of wreckage, and his consistent sharing of new technology with other monstrosities.

Other AI: such as the infamous Leviathan, are larger, and more reserved than The Kraken, being older veterans of many wars even prior to The Revelation. He was a mightly Melodari lord, and a commander who once presided over a front line battle fleet with an iron fist. When it was his time to retire from the fields of war, he refused to resign himself to a 'peaceful' existence, as far as the barbarity of Melodari culture at the time allowed for 'peace', the arenas were full of blood, and carnage for old generals of his like to enjoy the spectacle of. Instead, he chose to have a higher sort of call: And was given a large throne, in an even larger Star Fortress, which became dubbed The Leviathan, after it too went through many battles. During the abandonment, he still refused to leave his post, and in his dormancy, he too went insane. We can only assume that in the same way that Kraken's need to be admired amongst his peers was heightened, so too was The Leviathan's bloodlust. To face The Kraken was dreadful, to face The Leviathan is blatant suicide.

Another AI that was mentioned, is the mysterious Raven.

Raven is an enigma, even amongst her AI peers. And was an enigma even in the beginning of her days on her throne prior to The Revelation.

She was a very small girl, only 8 (in Melodari equivalent age) when she managed to sneak her way into through the secret caverns of the newly built Star Fortress: Her father a commander, had been visiting on board, when she slipped away from him to her disobedient errand...which she still will not tell.

She had made her way to the still empty throne, and sat upon it. Immediately her fate was sealed, as the throne infused her into the AI matrix. Her father finding out about this, begged that she be released. But Raven refused, and the High Fleet too, felt that she was resigned to her fate. She was the only Melodari star fortress known to have been equipped with a warp drive.

Her tenancies are dark, cunning, and vicious. She is The Raven, but many, even amongst the Melodari, were content in fear to call her a Witch. So vastly dark, and cunning was she, that her assignment was to guard a planet where corrupted Holis were being held. She was the first to wrap a nebula around herself, a tactic that many of the monstrosities followed afterward, using the gravitational pull of her chastise, and her warp drive to draw the dust and gas around her.

She has not been located as of current times, as she fled her nebula, abandoning her assignment.

It is possible that she is the only AI who did not go dormant, and kept herself in repair, as she does not seem to keep ties with the AI congregation, being silent even amongst the network.

AI stands for: Arboreal Intelligence, due to the reason that the intelligence (person) is infused in an organic based machine, that is plant like. A tree, if you will.

Level 23
Race: Chozo

Technology: More of a terran style than the Chozo from Metroid

Empire: Black Sun Empire, formed from the Black Sun Corporation, controls twelve systems, and expanding.

Appearance: Bird-like race

Home Planet: unknown colonized Shakuras and made their empire there.

Life span: about 200 years.

History: The Chozo came from another galaxy. In this galaxy, they were one of the last species in existance, searching for others to make friends or war with, all to say they exist. But, wherever they sent their drones, whereever they looked, listened, they found nothing but ruins, ashes of civilizations long gone. As the empirialist regime rose, chaos ensued, dragging their systems into chaos. As war was raging in every system, finally appearing on their home planet, a group of companies came together to form a plan. They would leave. They would leave their race behind to flee into the darkness, to find a new home where they could not be followed. And, appointing Black Sun as the spearhead of the project, they spent years building ships in secret, spreading the word carefully to the public. And finally, almost ten years after it's initial start, the fleet was ready. In a break in the fighting, the fleet launched, civilians, and supplies in tow, racing military ships out of their systems, and under heavy fire. Escaping after a hard series of fights, they soon realized that they were not safe wherever they went. So, in a desperate decision, the founder of Black Sun Corporation lead the fleet out, into the dark abyss, aimed towards another galaxy.

Over ten years passed, with several subspace jumps in the emptiness of space. With the crews switching in and out of stasis, the fleet finally arrived at their destination. A new galaxy, teeming with life, not the dead silence of the rotten shell that was their home. They were same from their old empires, but now, they needed a home. For monthes they searched, and when their morale stared to fade, they found it. A vast, lush jungle planet. A new home, now named Shakuras, paradise.

With their new home, they scrapped the images of their old empire, building bueatiful cities upon its surface, careful not to disrupt the balance of nature they had carefully attained, they elected the the founder of Black Sun as their new leader, against his wishes. Unable to back out, he accepted, and soon adorned himself the title Admiral, as he built the new defense fleet of Shakuras. This sent a tinge of fear through the people, but with reassurance and demonstration, the Admiral proved trustworthy. Developing mining fleets, he advanced their technology to more than they had in the past. Taking designs from their old empire, Black Sun improved the mining ships, gas miners, as well as various drones. But his best redesign was the classical recon drone of the old empire, now the versatile Combat and Persuit Drone. With the construction boom, and defenses being built, he issued the order for the construction of a flagship, dubbed the BSJ Shakuras, (Black Sun Juggernaught) making it his personal flagship. With the military growing, he ent special ships to colonize other worlds, expanding their new domain in a new galaxy. With the construction of the Planet Crackers, resource collection was much easier, as the gas mining juggernaught also proved. A military juggernaught, and two mining juggernaughts, one for each fleet, these three ships would be known well in his rule. And, as they made first contact with other races in their newly established empire, the unveiling of the ten year project, the Solar Mining Station ushered a new era for the Chozo, granting them fuel for ages to come. The Black Sun empire, as named by a growing majority, was expanding, and would form for survival in a new galaxy, where danger could come from anywhere. The Admiral would make sure his race survived, any way he could. Science and war was the backbone of their race.

Technology: Beam cannons, laser turrets, missile launcher, and shields being a standard on many ships, along with the many drones, the military vessels of the Chozo have the firepower to fight back anything they put their mind to. With several feet thick nano-steel hulls, they ensure protection and offensive power against hostile ships.

With weapons built into the juggernaughts of the fleet, noticably the Planet Cracker, using Cracker bombs, the most noticable use of weaponry on corporate design would be the Solar Mining Station, a literal fortress of beams and lasers, it is almost impossible to claim, being fully automated, and being a shell for the sun as it mines for fuel.

Subspace, essentially a tunnel between two points, it shortens the distance, while ships travel at normal speeds. Forming naturally in the gravitational pull of stars, they allow travel time to be cut down to mere minutes. Using the prototype designs and building upon them, the Admiral has succeeded in creating Subspace Gates, allowing one way transportation to any system through temporary subspace tunnels. The down side is having to take the long way home, until reaching another gate. Capable of forcing warp-capable ships through, forming a funnel to avoid chaotic trespassing. The Subspace gates are armed with turrets as well, and are just big enough for the juggernaughts of the Chozo fleets.

---
bit of extra detail being that the Chozo are from vast jungle planets, but use enviromental suits, like the marine's armor (standard military unit) to survive and move through hostile enviroments, from the desert mining planets, to the smaller moonsm their buildings are specially customized to counteract the negative effects of being on such planets. Reaching about 6-7 feet tall, the Chozo have had years to develop their methods in the days of their old empire.

Elenai, it's fascinating how a Monstrosity managed to reverse engineer a subspace drive into a warpdrive. :p The Kraken truly is a genious XD

Level 23
True. I'm not saying that they can't reverse engineer it for such purposes, as the Chozo abandoned their hopes for subspace, due to the "crash through everything" threat. Having knowledge of warp, they designed their Subspace Gates to force warp-capable ships through them instead of to other parts of the systems nearby the gates. That simply forces them through the now finished tunnel of turrets.

Still, I don't want to fight Leviathen or Raven. lol Raven is sane, and that makes her dangerous, while I had a hard enough time with Kraken. But, noting the fact that they all have their perks,that does make the Kraken dangerous, as he supplies all the others with new technology, making it harder for me to survive them.

... What would happen if Raven appeared in my systems? Oo Just curiousity. I'm not nearly ready for even half the Kraken to appear :/ Just curious as to what the sane little girl would do if she marched through, even on her ay through to another area. A path of destruction? Or remain nuetral until approached or attacked? I don't want to live through that just yet, lol but I find each Monstrosity to be rater interesting, as each acts differently and each has to be treated differently.

Level 35
She would most likely observe. She is called "Witch" for a reason, in the sense that she studies...picks apart and dissects them (not physically of course....yet), from a distance, and by this studying she seems to be able to read the mind of her foe. She would most likely appear in a thick nebula, being the original creator of the idea of shrouding herself. You would not see her so much, as a vast mist of dust, and gas, traveling through the deeps on the outer rims of your system. Attack her, and you'll face the full destructive power of a fully sane....and by connection, fully operational! Monstrosity, ruled by the mind of a vicious, manipulative, and cunningly smart Melodari girl-child, whom is mature in mind, but easily provoked.

Her attacks are silent usually, like stabs in the dark, tiny cuts that bleed un-noticed, until it is far too late, and you begin to faint of the dizziness, her intimate knowledge of her foe via study allows this sort of warfare...however she is still a little girl at heart, surround her, overwhelm her, and she will fling herself into a tantrum that even Kraken's haughty youth could not equal, if only due to the mere fact that her star fortress is fully functional.

She has keen skills in manipulating gravity, and warp space (these skills allowed her to create the shroud in the first place), and as such, her manipulative graviti-kenesis is one of her deadliest weapons.

She devised this skill from the ancient Melodari telekinetic powers already present and latent in their being. She extended this concept outward, in cooperation with the bio-technology of the Star Fortress, and honed it through time.

And yes, I am quite glad that you enjoy my individuality idea for the monsters. :D I think it adds an air of 'character' to the whole story, and air of mystery.

Level 23
lol a ball of nebula gases? XD I tend to think that'd be something the Chozo would carefully study, as gasses don't tend to form into balls and move through systems on their own XD They'd likely send ships to study it, but once they realize it's a monstrosity, they would pull back and clear all Chozo space to avoid certain pain, as they ahven't been able to beat the kraken. And a monstrosity in the Chozo systems would not be good at all. :p But, as they think it'd be like the others, they would mount a defense if it gets to close, but unfortunately, they wouldn't know it was sane, and thus be unable to start communication attempts, thinking it'll kill them.

So often, when a race in a movie, game or comic has a weapon like the Krakens, and are the badguys, it isn't insane. The most it gets is "oh no. Another Halo" but the most the Halo series got to the idea of the Monstrosities was a little AI drone (Monitor) that would keep the station in proper maintenance. Each monitor had their own personality, and some went... insane. :/ Still, yours are far better than Halo's XD Much better developement. Yet the one thing they all seem to have in common is a greed for their own station/shell. :p But I much prefer your Monstrosities XD Having a series of superweapons as godmod counters can get boring and repetitve, but now, they all ahve their own personalities, making the approach for each one vastly different. :D

Level 35
Yep :)

Though I don't think Raven would be keen on communication, she is still Melodari afterall, and as such, the royal child of a race of arrogant brutes. And being a child, might find the Chozo "incredibly ugly and beneath her", being bird creatures. No offense, just stating her mind set as "Noble Blood, of the Superior Melodari", not to mention a child.

Level 23
I don't take offense to that. :p The Chozo didn't take many politicians witht hem anyway. :p So, they have little of any form of royalty, except the old regime that was claiming their worlds :/ Most people wouldn't expect birds to evolve into a sentient, much less dangerous species, or even reach space age. :p But here they are, proving a new galaxy wrong :p

Level 35
Raven would probably adore it...being a girl. But her mood is very fickle, she'd probably kill you before you got the chance TO worship her. As for non-aggressive monsters, not likely, their purpose and the choice of AI's were for military combat, and defense of highly used trade routes: IE: forts along the roads of Rome. They are not peaceful by any means.

Level 23
Still though, people who go insane, can sometimes become less agressive, for example, they might suddenly be much more observant, looking at a small light in the distance, ignoring all else and such stuff, or maybe they got a increased will to talk... you never know with people who lose their minds XD.

Level 35
It is possible perhaps. There are many monstrosities afterall. But I have doubts that such things, being of Melodari origin, would become jolly giants. They become psychopathic in a way, violent, and obsessive. The programming in the fortress matrices were military afterall.

Level 23
I wonder if there is one that subconsiously hacks other ships' comms channels and has rants to himself, or mumbles incessently in a phsycotic way? :p And, perhaps unconciously, as it observes a star or something in the distance, or even the patterns and pretty colors of it's nebula, whether it forgot about controlling it's 'body' and lets the subconcious do what it wants with it. But, if something obscures the view, like accidentally covering the star it's admiring, it goes into a tantrum? :? That is a possible "peaceful" example :p And still an example of it's insanity. XD

Level 14
OH the wheels turn. I think we should have a Box in the main thread. Like on the first post. That way people can find out what races are there.

Level 14
MY FOUR!!

Name: Zyomanrai (Forgotten Ones)
Home Planet:Lariminan (deserted wasteland)
Controlled Planets: They are a plague from the far reachs of the dark void. They scour each planet of life and simply move on.
Life Span: 2000 earth years though Zarinit (The Great One) is said to be immortal to age.
Government: Theocratic Dictatorship of sorts (The surpreme ruler is viewed as a god)
Leader: Zarinit (The Great One)
Description: Their agile forms move quick and unseen. They seem to become one with their ships forming to its very hull. Their skin is a dark gray color almost black and they stand the height of a Laminai and light seems to bind and twist around them. THey have dark orbs of red for their eyes and wear their hair long greased (for lack of a better word) to a solid point in the back. Each wears tight black clothing that forms to their body shape.
Other/History: (Some parts may have been seen from the Laminari)
Countless millinium ago in the elder days a great and powerful empire spanned the dark reaches of the galaxy. The Laminari and Zyomanrai were lords of this empire and they were one, the Laramentarion. After millinium of material lusts, violence, greed, conquest, and distruction a group of the people began to become distant. THey told stories of a god that sprang up. Laminad he was called desended from the heavens and brought peace. A abrupt civil war erupted when over half of the Laramentarions vanished all leaving in great numbers taking all they ould carry and filling the skies with millions of ships all heading for a greater peace.
The very fabric holding the Laramantarions together was shredded that day. Social pyramids were obliterated with generals and past lords begging on their knees for food. Economys crumbled and war began to be waged. During this war 70% of the population would vanish wither from the path of Laminad or by the hands of a fellow kinsman. After twenty-seven years peace finally was restored. The laramonians had lost all ties th their previous power and legacy. Great Behemoths roamed the far reaches of space uncontrolled, ancient fortresses fell into disrepair, and technology took a plumet back thousands of years. As the Laramentarion finally began to rebuuild the war torn worlds the horrible became worse...
An unknwon disease desended upon the laramentarion. Few escaped the hell that would claim countless souls but those that didwere changed forever...
Minds were twisted and filled with dibolical thoughts and voices. Their once luminesent skin turned dark and rough and their eyes once a beautiful soft bright color turned a deep piercing red. They now felt hopeless and filled with an inquenchable thirst for longing. Mass suicides became common and many just died of the depression eatting away at their heart. Others went mad with the thoughts racing through their mind. This state continued for months on end until a young firey youth arose among the crowds seeing a hopeful promising future. He preached of hatred and ancient prophecies saying the followers of Laminad knew this would happen and fled leaving them to doom. He also spoke that for their pain to end every soul in the universe must be obliterated. They adopted the teachings of the boy they would soon call Zarinit (The Great One) as well as the name Zyomanrai (Forgotten Ones). Through a new leadership and a new purpose they rebuilt great fleets and fled the disease ridden wasteland they had called their homes to pretake in a great clensing one to rid the universe of all life especially the dreaded Laminari.
-------------------
Name: Shantaron
Home Planet: Recolon III
Controlled: 3 planets in the Recolon system, the complete 11 planets in the Zaramen system, an 1 planet in the Tereon system.
Life Span: About 1200 earth years.
Government: Military Dictatorship
Leader: Commander Tak'Meno (age 728)
Description: The Shantaron are a race of large dog-like humanoids. Their height normally is around 6.5 to 7.5 feet tall. They have fur covering their entire body ranging from white to shades of gray and brown to black.
Other/History: The dog-like Shantarons are one of the dominating powers in the Narorian Sector of the Omentor Galaxy. They are fairly highly advanced mostly employing plasma-based weaponry. Their massive strength and durability make them a force to the reconed with. For over 150 years they have been fighting a bloody stalemate total war with their neighbors the ruthless Garo'tu. This has greatly weakened their military strength but they swear they will not end the war until the complete obliteration of the race who have killed so many of their people.
-----------------------------------
Name: Garo'tu
Home Planet: Garo'tun
Controlled: 9 planets in the Tereon system, 2 planets in the Recolon system.
Life Span: About 50 earth years.
Government: Empire-Emperor
Leader: Larnus Emperor of the Garo'tuian Empire (age 25)
Description: The Garo'tu are huge, stupid, and brutish warriors for starters. They are ususally hairless with rust colored skin, They stand a good 7 or 7.5 feet tall and are heavily muscled. They almost always have a look of hate for all other life behind their tenticled face.
Other/History: Sometimes called the Garo'tuian Throng the Garo'tu are a ruthless group of creatures. The Garo'tu are known for their numbers and what a enomous number it is. A Garo'tuian woman gives birth to around 15 babies and with their maturity age of 2 years they can fuel massive armies quick. They are sort of advanced having stolen most of their technology from their enemies. Along with their numbers they also can fuel a massive number of (poorly made) ships from a number of mass production factories. They are bloodthirsty in nature and for some unknown reason seek the complete and total destruction of every race in their path. This blood thurst have borught them to their current war with the Shantarons.
-------------------------------
Name: Ugrentiens
Home Planet: I'ron (E-ron)
Controlled: Planet I'ron in the Qu'bar system
Life Span: Unknown (no death of old age has ever been recorded) sometimes called Immortal to age.
Government: Senate of sorts (Council) and an emperor of sorts (Chief).
Council and Leader: The Council is made up of a representative elected in every providence. The Chief (Amenon Arake age 1470) though by law barely inferior to the Council due to his great support from the people he is the most powerful.
Description: The Ugrentiens are reptilian-like in apperence. All are pure white with scales and have a few human-like features. They ususally stand around 6 or 6.5 feet tall.
History/Other: The Ugrentiens are and always have been neutral in the affairs of the universe. Much of their nuetrality though is the fact that no one knows of them. They have been alone and undiscovered on the icy cold wintery planet of I'ron forever. In the beginning of their race they were in small numbers, unorganized, and in danger. The massive Wooly Ice Beasts of I'ron hunted and slaughtered them for decades as they tried their best to fight them off and survive with their primative weapons. Seeking safety they slowly migrated from the harsh icy surface to the gargantuous underground caverns. Somce of their elders speak of discovery of relics from a past highly advanced civilization though what in certain in that they advanced unbelivebly quickly and in a few millinium they had an incredibuly advanced civilization underground. One more key factor in the Ugrentiens advancments was the discover of a strange powerful crystal. The crystal was found to be a source of power and alot more. Now as the tensions in the universe tension as new wars arise, treaties are built, and past wars continue the Ugrentiens debate on whether or not to make themselves known to the universe.

Level 14
Oh Let me find my 2

Name: Holis
Home Planet: Holisa, Destroyed
Controlled Planets: Gromwire, on the fifth galaxy to the left.
Life Span: immortal, but only 10 are still around.
Government: Monarchy
Leader: Grom
Description: Humanoid energy beings that have high intellect. they like their humanoid form but can take any other form.
Other/History: Once the Holis had the most advance technology. They Protected the other races by helping them out. One day a equal race called the Gromics started a war with the minor race. Holis fought them so many others have a chance to escape. But Gromics made the world eater and destroyed Holisa. The 100 remaining Holis toke the world eater and a war so powerful that most of that galaxy got destroyed. Only 10 survived and raise an army of of the other surviving races to move and protect. But before they moved they found a Holis library and copy all the info and the hard drive of the last Holis comand ship. In do so 8 lost the ability to reproduce. Attack ships and the last Command ship.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Northro'dir (North*throw*deer)
Home Planet: Valhalla
Controlled: Neighboring systems between the Black Sun controlled systems, and Earth. Slowly being forced towards Black Sun.
Life Span: 170 yrs (earth years)
Government: Emperial. Composed of various leaders from different tribes. Each cheiftain of a tribe remains in control until someone of the same blood takes the throne, or the family os forced out.
Leaders: Odin (ruling family of them all), Thor, and various others stated in the Norse Pantheon
Description: Strong, tall warrior-like people, similar to their Norse followers during their time on Earth. A slight bronzish tint to their skin gives them the appearance to be as hard as a mountain. Daring eyes gaze at foes, constantly looking for a fight, as their hands grip their weapons.
Other/History: A warrior-like people, the North'throdir had a period of control in the Sol system, where they worked to bend the people to their will, their way of life. The Norse were the most successful, while the Greek and Roman people branched off to completly different beliefs. ANother race, believing in keeping undeveloped races untainted, forced the North'throdir out of Sol and neighboring systems during a long and bloody war. Finally forced to retreat, the North'throdir withdrew further and further from Sol until finally the attacks ceased. Any attempts they made to return to their lost systems resulted in resistance from the race that pushed them back. With their presence missing on Earth, the religion died out, their followers ceased. They find they must discover new worlds for their armies to conquer, to develope into followers. And their gaze turns to another section of the galaxy, one unexplored, one where their influence might have better efects, where their firewall against Sol would be unable to protect in time. Their mighty race has a chance to redeem their warrior title in new space, with new possibilities.

Weapons: Typically, their weapons are ranged, whereas the Generals and royal families have custom mellee weapons at their sides, though a ranged weapon is not uncommon. The royal families of different nations/tribes lead their people under the banner of Odin, the most powerful family of them all. Throughout history, the leaders of the families have kept their name, with little change in power. Thor, Odin, and several other family names have become common in Norse mythology as gods, while others has been warped into the image of monsters (because of their ruthless personality to their own kind. Not physically changed) by Norse followers. The North'throdir always look for a challenge, a good fight, to prove their valor and warrior heart in combat.

Technology is simple. Their weapons have power supplies. Their hammers (like Thor's for example) can be specified to have certain capabilities. Thor's Hammer, long in the Thor family, was known as the hammer of lightning, as it sent massive amounts of energy into the target, overloading systems nearby on ships, or burning someone in their armour. The amount of power depends on the force of the impact. if the hammer pokes someone, it's static. If they ram it as ahrd as possible, the effect can be so deadly, as to blow away the target. Thus was the legend of the 'Norse Gods', as different weapons had different effects, depending on the customization of the forger, at the family's request. A proud, noble people, the North'throdir are a battlehardened people, and have few few friends capable of surpassing them in physical combat.
Thanks to Var.

Those are my races.

Level 35
Oooh, fun notes on lore connectivity:

The Zyomronai are called "Simonari" in the language of the Laminari.

The Zyomronai, are Melodari who were left behind, or chose not to go and thus suffered through the war and famine left in their wake.

The Melodari had become: Zyomronai, an Anti-Laminari culture, and race, their leader Zarinit (Sarini) acts as something like an Anti-Christ figure for the Laminari cause.

The plague that engulfed the Melodari that remained, and inevitably twisted their being, is theorized to be the same plague that was furthered by the corrupted Holis (The Black Hand) that the Melodari, and Raven had imprisoned on "Cereasus" earlier in their history.

"The Black Hand sought to fill the universe with a plague, but were quickly thrown back into Cereasus, as a congregation of Laminari by our request stationed themselves around the planet, to ensure their containment. Though records state they have long since fled their post, references to "The Raven" stated in picked up channels."

Holis Log: II

The old homeworld of Lariminan is called Larilan in the Laminari tongue, which now lies in ruin.

"Log I: Holis

In ancient days, before our ascendancy as The Holis, aboard our world-craft Gromar...

We began life in a laboratory...from little cells, we were knit together from genetic material of unknown origin, a soul breathed within us at our birth.

Our makers were called "Fredolis", but we called them gods, and like gods who brought us into the world, they showed us how to build, and soon we evolved, and built a civilization--fraught with war, and peril, warring with one another on our world, advancing from age to age, from blade, to gun, to ship, the bloodshed did not cease under the watchful eye of the Fredolis.

But when we were ready...and our wars were done, they took us into space, and we colonized planets by their helpful hands.

It was here that we learned of the cruel viciousness of space, and those who fared therein.

In our colonization, we crossed paths with a brute, and warlike species, evil, and twisted. Their trade routes were intertwined through vast portions of the outer rims of our galaxy, expanding inward through their unchecked expansion into what they called "The Void Sea".

They were called "The Melodari", who in later years became the Laminari.

Mighty they were, and bloodthirsty as well...

At our approach upon their borders, they struck with great speed, and precision, ripping apart our vessels with fire, and light, their wailing battle cries echoed on all channels, and to us they seemed like gods of death, who countered, and equaled our gods of life, the Fredolis. Like ravens on the field, ripping our carcasses, and swallowing our blood.

But the Fredolis protected us, and sealed us away in a safe world deep in the center of their controlled space.

There they build five towers, placing two in each hemisphere, and two on the poles.

The towers were power amplification fields, and space-time manipulator beacons that helped to guide and control large satellites that encircled our haven.

We called them:

The Tower of Faith: Space-time dilator pylon I

The Tower of Protection: Space-time dilator pylon II

The Tower of Change: Space-time dilator pylon III

The Tower of Time: Space-time dilator pylon IV

And the central control mechanism, The Pillar of Creation, that rested at the arctic pole.

Space-time dilator Central Command Tower

Through these pylons we were able to wield an advanced satellite network of time-dilation field enablers. It was through these devices that we were able to protect ourselves from the Melodari onslaught, the blast volley of their battlecraft halted in the midst of a time-dilation wall that surrounded our beloved planet.

Alas, the Melodari were not so easy to repel. They blazed through our outer colonies and burned the very surfaces of our other worlds, until nothing was left but the haven world. We watched from our rock of safety...as every world around us was laid into barren wasteland, even as we were besieged by torrent upon torrent of fire, and light.

...So cruel...were the Melodari indeed...Nothing in our realm survived, save us alone.

But the Fredolis were not idle. They worked with us to raise a counter attack against the Melodari, and to drive them from our galaxy forever.

We prepared devices that were to disable their strange biometal weapons...Our first test drive was soon to begin, as we would emerge from the time dilation field to take the brutes in mortal combat.

But the price...was far too high...

We arose out of the atomsphere in ships, and clove a path through their armada, breaking the blockade that orbited the world below. The exhaust of our ships blazed with glory as we barreled victoriously for the heart of their attack.

...But the siege had been long, for three solar cycles we had stood under that blockade, safe under our time-dilation shield, and they too had not been idle.

We strutted with victory, pranced with pride, and in triumph we seemed to so easily cut a swath through their ships, our devices prevailed! And their biometal was set to sleep.

But as we looked up...we saw a horror, a monster. It was the size of a moon, and biometal tentacles writhed, as a dark, pale voice , like the caw of some long forgotten crow, the shrill wail of a blood starved wraith! Screamed at the top of her lungs, shrill like peircing ice delved into our hearts as the comlinks were clogged with her moan.

The Melodari let up a deadly cry of glee, as she encouraged them with vile songs of war, and reaving, their blood stained cheers echoed in the wake of her dark blessings: "Raven! Raven!"

We attempted to silence the witch...But our devices were flawed, and the biometal quickly adapted under the wit of the wicked AI that sat in the core of the monster. And soon we were doomed, as she relayed back to our foes the secret to her triumph.

She seemed to look up at us, as the Melodari ships consumed us, and with a smile on her throne, she flung her tentacles forth, and strangled us, ship, by ship...

In the gloom of the scarlet light, as our sun was eclipsed behind our world...our fleet fell into despair, and nothingness.

"Retreat...Retreat...All is lost."

The Fredolis, were killed. The Raven destroyed them, setting their ruin adrift into the cold of space, to be vapourized in the Melodarian sweep.

Bereft of our gods, and flung into chaos we fled back to our world, and licked our wounds beneath the dilation shield as the Melodari continuously battered our atmosphere with hail, upon hail of plasma fire, every round becoming stuck in the field, like hornets in the web, the sky grew red in their gathered fury, stars of death hovering above us in stasis.

Desparate we grew, and time was short. We were scattered, and in chaos, leaderless, and godless. Many of us gathered together in a structured order, a tyranny of peace that sought to control the void that our gods had left behind. We called them "The Black Hand", and a civil war quickly ensued beneath the red-sky.

The Black Hand grew increasingly treacherous, and soon were as evil, and bloody as the Melodari themselves. In likewise, a large mass of our kind strove against them, and tried to uphold the example of our beloved Fredolis.

Our war would signal the end of our lives as we knew it, and our places in history were sealed.

As the weapons of war, even as our mighty fists of power bashed into one another, the towers the Fredolis had built began to fall, destroyed one by one in our rage, realizing all too late what we had done.

Slowly the Melodari fire that had for so long been content to float in timeless stasis above the surface began to cave in down upon us, and in the span of mere days it fell like molten rain upon us, and burned the very surface of our world, consuming us all, Black Hand, and foe as the time-dilation shields decayed.

But while our bodies were consumed, and our world was thrown into a molten firestorm, our spirits endured, and meshed with the energies of the Melodari assault, as the decaying time-dilation fields warped the hailfire, and forged them around our being, transforming us into beings of energy.

With wings of light, we escaped the gravity of our burning home, and set ourselves forth to the void of space. Though many of us perished in the continued volley of the Melodari, still more of us escaped, and even some of the Black Hand sought their revenge, and took many of the Melodari to their grave. Key figures amongst them: High Lord Malas, Admiral Valin, and Admiral Daelo. And with their loss, the Melodari retreated back to the rim.

But The Black Hand, and the rest of our kind continued their war, and fought in the black emptiness, until at last we chained them in a world named "Cereasus", a once verdant colony, a jewel in our past...now barren desert after the Melodari storm engulfed it, plant and animal, man, woman, and child...a paradise destroyed, now made a prison for our evil brethren.

But the Melodari soon returned, and sought the heads of those who killed their leaders. And they drove us out of Cereasus' orbit, we had far more than we wished of war, and left them in peace, as they blasted the world beneath, and if it were not enough that the once tropical world was made into a desert, now even the desert fell under their destruction, as the hot sands were melted into dunes of glass...and after they were satisfied with the appeasement of their rage, they set a watch around the planet, as the dark witch Raven orbited above them...a biometal moon, over a glittering waste, soon hidden as a nebula shrouded them....lost forever.

Log II: Holis, The Return of the Black Hand.

A thousand years later, it was made apparent that a few members of The Black Hand had escaped the glittering doom of the Melodari's vengeance, and somehow, had maneuvered unseen past the watchful eye of Raven, and fled into the dark of space.

It was known later to us, that the watchful eyes of Raven had fallen dormant as the Melodari empire was driven into a chaotic civil war shortly after an event on their distant homeworld: The Melodari were now split as a new faction of people, a great majority of their race arose out of their bloody nature, calling themselves "Laminari" after the manner of their ancient god Laminad, who was said to have come down and delivered them from the darkness of their fallen spirits, in an event called "The Revelation", the Laminari abandoning their empire to be wandering stewards of the universe, until Laminad's return.

The Melodari who were left, died. Though some sources say a faction still exists of the Melodari, who have given themselves fully to their barbarism. But sources are unconfirmed.

Our history quickly progressed through time.

The Black Hand sought to fill the universe with a plague, but were quickly thrown back into Cereasus, as a congregation of Laminari by our request stationed themselves around the planet, to ensure their containment. Though records state they have long since fled their post, references to "The Raven" stated in picked up channels. We can only assume, that the Raven had briefly awoken, and turned on her former masters, and escaped the confines of the nebula she veiled herself with. As there are no signs of her presence within the cloudy drifts.

Thankfully, no sign of our dark brethren's return appeared in the wake of her absence.

Log III: Holis, Our departure.

We departed our galaxy, and went to a galaxy of our own, to reclaim ourselves. But our race was again split in two, and The Black Hole appeared, beings who were once our brothers. We faught a war, and sundered our new galactic home...

I dare not say anymore on the matter...But alas, we sent the last of our race to a galaxy were the greatest of the known races were gathered for a time. But the destruction of The Gromar was fulfilled atlast, and I was left alone here to read through our grievous history...

With my last act, I shall make a last creation to ensure that our history, and technology, the legacy of The Holis, continues..."
"End of Pre-corruption era."

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...laying-thread-135708/index17.html#post1246311

Laminari history in the region where the native Ugrentiens dwell:

In an system that was once a part of the old Melodari empire, Hasa system, on a small icy planet called Camad, dwell the Ugrentiens who call the planet I'ron:

The Ugrentiens are a reptilian race, primitive in comparison culturally, and technologically, and how they managed to make their way on Camad is a mystery, and it is assumed that even the Ugrentiens themselves have forgotten.

The Laminari are currently working on theories as to their origin after meeting them on this ancient world: Elui is the discoverer of their race, and head of lore keeping amongst the Silverfeather caravan whom made first contact in the region.

The Ugrentiens became rather adept at using the crystaline technology on this ancient world. Crystals being an important part of Laminari technology, as well as bio-metal.

There are two key pieces of old Melodari technology that have been found on this world.

One was an ancient Melodari translation matrix, a crystal of course, that was often used during trade negotiations between the Melodari and their various trade partners. When the Laminari appeared on their world, and spoke with the Ugrentien chief, the device begin to function again.

The other is a large power crystal, the purpose of which is yet unknown, other than the fact that it seems to power a vast section of the large underground city. The city itself is not so much an underground city, as it is more accurately a city buried under a large sheet of ice.

The Ugrentiens had apparently developed a religion based on the Melodari: "Ancients" they called them. Inspired by the vast cities, and technology that was buried deep beneath the ice of the planet, and the large amounts of crystal relics, and technology that had helped them survive.

This Laminari Ancient worship, was quickly halted upon the diplomatic negotiations between Elui, and the Amenon the Ugrentien chief, replaced now by an alliance, and possibly a worship of Laminad instead.

It was through this technology that the Ugrentiens were able to achieve a relatively high culture, and advanced civilisation even underneath the ice, where otherwise, they would still be quite primitive.

It is unknown exactly what Camad was, considering that it does not seem to appear on many of the old records as a planet, the only records presented during Asame's (Elui's AI) research, was the following:

Iceworld: size - small: Data discovery "recent" and mostly based on observation. Based on the location, and cross referencing, this location contained a Melodari population based on Camad.

Due to the size, and the lack of planetary based data on the world called Camad, but the notation of its location, as well as Melodari presence, and technology. Some of the Silverfeather scholars are gravely concerned that the world Camad might-

*Log terminated: Please reinstate your query*

Last edited:
Level 10
I just had an idea for quick healing without the use of nasty lasers or surgical equipment. It comes in the form of a spnge-like symbiote(?). When applied to a wound, it will take a few cells from the organism and steal the genetic information from them. It will then slowly morph into a part of the organism's body, closing the wound and replacing lost cells. It will function just like any other part of the organism's body until the organism dies. It will then start consuming the surrounding flesh and start releasing spores for new sponges.

Elenai:
I just have one problem with your race. When thier last remaning world lost the time-dialation shielding and they all burned to a crisp, how is it that they fused with the plasma to become energy creatures? I just don't know how that would happen.

Level 23
yep. And, despite their violent behavior, the only thing they've managed to break so far... is my heart. :p (portal quote! :D) Well, I did want to ally them when I first met them. Who gets to ally energy beings anymore? :D But, later events kinda turned the Admiral away from that idea. So far, myself and Elenai seem to make pretty good god-mod counters :p

Level 14
Hey Elenai, Do you mind writing the corruption era? My system is acting funny to day with my typing programs. The holis are the creations of the other oldest race in the RP, Fredolis. Only a few surived the end in cryo tubes. 2 in var's area.

Level 23
Well you can't have them! :D You poke your head in my systems, you will have a few thousand guns in your face. Thing is, your forces don't know it yet, and will not be prepared for it, and won't be able to alert incoming forces in time as they realize what is happening. Though... the debris will just be puverized as much as possible. :p

Level 14
Oh boy, you will be surprised what I can come up with, now. >:) You will face the cold wrath of the Holis. Then your lands will be no one's even mine to claim.

Level 23
You still don't know the current state of my defenses :p well, ok. You do, but your races and characters don't :p They won't know what hit them :p And this time... no magic blowing up the thick nano-steel lined jump gates. Doesn't work that way with C-4 like explosives. Besides, if you wait long enough, you might discover what I have been planning for you too :D But really, I don't think you have the current forces for the Holis to dare attack. The North'throdir don't have the economy for that yet. :p

Level 10
Oh boy, you will be surprised what I can come up with, now. >:) You will face the cold wrath of the Holis. Then your lands will be no one's even mine to claim
Surprised? With what you can come up with?We'll accept what you do if you don't mess with time, godmod, make things blow up without telling us that you are launching bombs, and suddenly turn a whole fleet around while the majority is still in a subspace tunnel of sorts. And, of course, you have to make it make sense, meaning scientific. Ok? Xp

Looks like we have all the races down
You forgot about me Crazy Cow. I just haven't posted here in a couple days.

My wonderful races.
Luminoth (might not come back, found that I didn't like the peaceful side of the RP, noting that everyone started out as buddy-buddy. DX)
A race of explorers, the Luminoth looks like large, humanoid moths. They are taller than a human, standing at about 8 feet tall. They have strong, psychic powers, and can create holograms from their hands. The Luminoth wander the galaxy, searching for answers to questions unknown. The Luminoth ships have large, yellow beam cannons and laser turrets. They have an Earth-like atmosphere and temperature. The Luminoth are highly advanced, being a scientific race, and have explored many star systems. However, they have not met the Vultarans, and had brief exposure to the Chozo and other races.

Vultarans
The vultaranas are highly resiliant. They are strong, but are bred as soldiers and commanders. Fearless, they will jump out of a ship into space to board an enemy. The immense heat they emit from their bodies help prevent them from freezing, and they can circulate breathing inside of their bodies for minutes on end. All vultaran soldiers and commanders have a gauntlet-like body part that shoots needles for self defence. The needles grow back quickly. The needles are fired at high pressure, being able to pierce armour, they are mostly aimed at the neck or head.

Status
Not open for further replies.