• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Future RP Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I wasn't making a negative comment about your planet size, I just said you'd have to take into account the pressure that would be on such a massive planet, and that that pressure is not always on other planets (It could be deep in the oceans though)

Level 10
lol I designed my race to be very unique. high temperatures, internal cirvular breathing, produces 200 degree heat, etc. XD If you've seen them, you'd understand why I have what I have for their abilities. XD It's in my gallery. Their ships can get close to the sun, closer than anybody else, mind you. and you technology similiar to var's race. Subspace, beam cannons (which nobody seems to have. XD), all the works. The Vultarans even have a language that is hard to translate. Much harder than anybody else, noting that their voices echoes are like mountains crashing down as they speak. XD My computer AI has a screeching sound that nobody but the Vultarans understand. The Vultarans have a lot of technology in storage (AIs, holograms, indo and weapons, etc.) and the inside of their ships are filled with a thick fog that their eyes can see through. XD The inside temperature is above 1000. noting that they live on the first planet to the sun, which happens to be a volcanic planet. What a coincidense. and they can live with lower temperatures. They'd drown in an iceberg though. lol but can survive just fine in earth's atmosphere, though they may burn up some of the oxygen. XD

Level 8
OK. but would you people pleas comment on the rest on my race? so that i can change anything that seems not right ore something. I'm eager to finish it so i can make a character. oh BTW i'm also gona make another race that lives in the same system as the Bio'mar and are Ally's to them. tough they are a bit more "military" they will be called the moq'rack (and about the presure on planets as again, it is scifi. does it realy matter that much? i already changed the amounts and size of my moons.)

EDIT: didn't read Sacrids post there. hmm i don't exactly understand what you mean by your post tough :/ i didn't really write anything about temperature, i think I'm also gona write about their weapons and technology more.

Level 23
(For realisms sake, the pressure thing does matter, adding weaknesses to your race/character is a very good start for roleplaying =D, offcourse when you add weaknesses, you can have an equally large strength =D, for example, my race is melee only, but that also means that just about nobody beats them in melee combat.

Level 8
ugh :/ but that would make my race have to wear stupid suits just to survive on other planets. thats just lame, not a weakness. the weakness of my race is that are very diplomatic, always trying to find a peaceful way to solve things. tough this also gives them a strength, they are wonderful negotiators.

Level 23
>.> I don't care what the suits look like, it's just for realism, and if you don't agree, well... we won't change the rules, you could perhaps think of something like cybernetics to prevent that stuff, but we realy appreciate scientific explanations (especially var)

Level 8
hmm maybe you could help me find a way to do that whiteout a stupid suit or making the planet smaller? i mean I'm all ears. xD

Level 8
hmm so, that would mean. every soldier that acts in space should have cybernetics installed under his skin eh? what kind of cybernetics? it sounds weird oO.

Level 23
No, it gets realistic, and there are several ways to live on a planet still, for example, vehicles that have your atmosphere inside, buildings with your atmosphere inside, and there's also the abillity to terraform.... though terraforming to get the pressure up.. do you have any suggestions Elenai? Or Var? The only thing I can think of, is to make a tiny little black hole in the middle of the planet >.>

Level 35
*Elenai speaks*

ring_world_1280.jpg

Level 23
Maybe a sphere would be better, doesn't have the weaknesses of a dome, you could make the sphere half under the ground, have several cables running from one side of the sphere to the other side, keeping it together (as you'll have to combat expansion instead of high pressure that most races need to combat) Oh, and the most logical shapes for your ships would be spherical =D. That's also why something that seems so minor (such as high pressure) is important, it can, if you think about it, dictate almost everything.

Level 23
Well, some suits could end up looking like Samus' Zero Suit, and thus allow mobility, and protection while going around a planet. Buildings could have magnetic floors that similate the most popular gravity for their race, as magnets don't all pull. The Chozo have such things for their mining operations, though the miners have a special suit immitating the military's combat suits (like the Space Marine :p) but yellow and black to stand out. Military has a standard gray, or gray blue with darker colors so as to hide from prying eyes better. The Admiral is in his armor most of the time when aboard his ship, and finds not enough time to change between more comfortable clothes, and his combat suit.

The body-fitting suit can regulate heat, and keep water out, but a external suit (such as combat) would be required if going around in a hazardous enviroment, or heavy gravity. It is the external suit, not the bodysuit, that would be able to keep the gravity from effecting, as a carefully designed system counteracts the immense gravity, or lack of gravity, while making sure no systems are damaged by the mechanism.

And yes, I like a scientific description for everything. :p That's what makes scifi so much fun! I can figure out how things would work, and, due to RP, find out how they can be used. :p I think SolMaster has slowly beeing learning my examples of new usage: The hard way. XD

Level 8
could they also construct large floating platforms that create the pressure from their planet? and then build their city on that platform. and when they want to go onto the planet itself they use one of those suits. (whit the platform i mean something similar than a space station but just hovering above the ground of the planet. and bigger, since it has inhabitants.)

Level 23
presurizing a planet is tricky. You could block out your view by placing a shield of special stations in a grid, like what happened in Hitch-hiker's guide tot he galaxy, before the Earth was destroyed, and simply use magnets to push down on the planet. You lose your view, and have the ugly darkness to deal with then, but you could have special lamps designed to imitate the sun, that turn on and off to similate where the sun would otherwise be shining. And, a series of cameras on the top of the station, and a giant screen of sorts on the bottom, so you can see past the defenses of pressure stations. (They could act as a wall for comets and asteroids. :p) No one could see your cities past the shield of pressure stations, and you could have your shipyards outside the shield of stations, and have a series of elevator-like mechanisms to reach space instead of rockets or transports. Such elevator mechanisms and stations would also have the same enviroment as the planet or comfort zones of the race. It won't be a pretty project, but it gets the job done :p

Level 35
That is why I suggested a more open form of 'latice work' planets. That way it can allow light to pass through, while you can pressurize smaller areas:

===={ O }===={ O }===={ O }====

Latice work tubules connecting large rings that contain dwarf-planet structures.

The latice work forms a spherical planetoid together, made up of these connected rings, which inturn contain miniature spheroid ships/bio covered-asteroids (for living, or military, or farming, etc, etc)

The rings create pressure, atmospheric conditions, gravity....etc, etc...they are maintainers of the conditions.

It is efficient, since it isn't something trying to pressurize a whole planet. You can lose multiple rings, but still function as a society if you maintain enough of them, and all of these ring modules connected via latice-sphere, you have a planet sized habitation.

Level 23
Talked to other scientific people in my family, and much to my dismay, it comes back down to forcefields. Appareantly my idea would miss gasses, and leave those unpressurized. But, I had thought about working a forcefield in anyway, as those would appareantly be able to pressurize gases but not the planet itself. :/ So much for my thinking outside the box :/

Level 8
euhm, both things seem an awefull lot of work :/. like i said couldn't they just create a big station whit WINDOWS var... and inside the station it generates the pressure they are used to. i mean who the hell would construct large rings around teir planet and in an invasion risk it taht all rings wpuld be destroyed and. and then all the people on the planet would explode... speaking of a Doom day. and well var your idea makes me think of a TV programm :/ don't know exactly witch one. it was some kind of cartoon.

Level 23
Phoonix, terraforming is always a slow process, that's why people in general first place a small colony (Maybe a city sized thing) that has survivable atmosphere inside, but the outside is still dangerous, then they slowly start to change the atmosphere and make the place more livable =D.

Level 8
i will think on this some more, it is very unlikely that the bio'mar would expand anyway since they already live on a huge planet. xD however i'm working on another race now to, same system different planet tough.

Level 10
Thats why Im creating a new race. I warlike race. They are kind of dragonic. They have large claws, even on their feet, but even bigger claws on their big toes. They do have wings on their backs but are the size of a normal person. They have reptilian like scales and evil looking eyes.

Level 23
Everyone is making a warlike race now D: We have 8 now, I think D: It's hard to keep track of all 8 war-like races, and the 7 other, more peaceful civilizations. (By warlike, I'm talking about the types that come in and dominate other races through sheer power. [e.g. Holis, North'throdir, Vultaran])

Level 8
he Kamica, there is just no denying it. you are a sissie xD my new race won't be warlike to just neutral, they chose the option that is best for them and they current situation. (BTW i'm using galactic civilizations as an inspiration for my race xD)

Level 23
Name:Alier-Inira
Home Planet:Dore
Controlled Planets:Dore
Life Span: Theoretically indefinetly (If maintained properly)
Govenrment: Semi-hive mind, They can interchange information, but have individual minds and personalities, though they all seem to listen to Simf
Leader:Simf
Description: A race completely made up of AI's made by Simf or it's creations, they have are mostly made for mining opperations, but Simf also has other plans for it's race.
History: A project was started by the Koldir, to make a self sufficient mining station, but was halted becouse of the distance between their planet and another, then Faster than Light travel was discovered, and the project was launched again, for real this time, for the module containing the project was send to the planet at FTL, some time later, it arrived and was dropped, there it activated, and created the first few members of the race.
Other: Simf has a lot of knowledge programmed into it, making it knowing about the world around him, however, there is nothing of combat, war or agression programmed into it, for safety's sake mostly, but also as an experiment.

Edit: Sorry for double post)

Level 10
So, this is the new threat? It feels more of a "sissy" than the Koldir. It won't even fight back. XD I'm sorry, but I just find that funny. You create a new race because we somehow made the Koldir look like whimps, and it turns out the new race is no better off? What happened? I was expecting something more like the borg. Feroscious, mysterious, anti people. instead, we got a kid's computer, curious about the world and finding great joy in naming things. XD nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.