• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forsaken V1.11

----------wa666r----------

FORSAKEN V1.11
Created by wa666r

202905-albums7510-picture87154.png
MAP INFORMATION:

Another Alternate melee in my series of maps involving lore races from the Warcraft universe. This addition allows the players to explore and play as the tormented Forsaken.

The Forsaken are a faction of the dead minions of Arthas' and the Lich King who have broken free of their mind control, then begun to serve the Banshee Queen, who gathered the stranded and feral undead, and gave them purpose: to seek revenge against Arthas. The Forsaken took control of the Plaguelands, and even established the capital building's catacombs into a thriving civilization. In order to ensure the survival and the continuity of her people, Lady Sylvanas made an uneasy alliance with the Horde. With dark magics, undying might, and alchemy, the Forsaken are a terrifying foe to face as they fight to their last remains; stopping at nothing to get their revenge.

If it concerns anyone, this Forsaken is post Wrath of the Lich King; after Arthas' death. So the Horde are looking into Sylvanas' plague and the Val'kyr are working hard to spawn more undead soldiers.

202905-albums7510-picture87155.png
FEATURES:

Play as a new race, and behold the tactics and abilities to utilize their various strategies to bring the fight to the enemy.

- 4 Custom Heroes: Scourge, Deathstalker, Black Hunter, Exterminator.

- a list of new items reflecting the Forsaken race.

- Full range of units each being unique and tactically diverse.

202905-albums7510-picture87156.png
ADDITIONAL NOTES:

TO PLAY AS THE FORSAKEN, CHOOSE PLAY AS THE UNDEAD WHEN CHOOSING A RACE.

ALSO CHECK OUT THIS PROJECT I'M A PART OF: Ultimate Battle

202905-albums7510-picture87157.png
BASE DEFENSE/FUNCTION: Though the Forsaken are mainly composed out of undead troops, it's only fitting that the same blight system works for them, just as the Undead Scourge. All buildings aside from the main one must be build upon blight, and all spread the blight further. However, when player units are on blight they regenerate hit points faster than their scourge counterparts. Some may even fully heal in a few seconds.

When it comes to the defense of the base; there are a few tactics that i have implemented. First of, the lumber-harvesting Phantoms are capable enough to take on small forces in the beginning of the game. And, as they are required to obtain lumber, the player will have their support. These harvesters also provide far less experience for the enemy when killed, making them viable scouting units that can harvest trees across maps while keeping an eye on the surrounding area. Another tactics that is used for defense is the main building's "Pale Lady's Gaze" ability, which creates a hovering mighty banshee above the main building, attacking nearby enemy units with high area damage. This defense is very effective and can not be easily countered; it works well to buy time to create a counter-force. However the cooldown is significant enough that the enemy can simply wait until she disappears."

202905-albums7510-picture87158.png
MASTERY RESEARCH: The Forsaken come along with a special mechanic where a new structure - Black Garden - is a capable of researching a mastery upgrade that changes the way the factions is played in a significant by changing the functionality of the Black Garden and providing specific units with additional bonuses.

Once Tier three is reached the player may choose one out of three mastery upgrades that provides extremely powerful upgrades to specific units. Only one may be chosen per game so choose wisely and see which one will best counter the enemy.

OTHER PLAYABLE FACTION:

202905-albums7510-picture87159.png
RACE DETAILS:

Initial Defense

Strongest Units

Weaknesses

- Phantoms are capable of dealing significant damage early on.

- The Main building summon a powerful banshee to attack at range.

- Blight provides intense hit point regeneration.

- Val'kyr: Both powerful attacks and abilities make her invaluable.

- Bone Walker: Able to take incredible punishment, then become a potent fighter at low health.

- Wraithblade: Stealth-based, hybrid unit.

- Only healed on blight.

- Armies fall quickly if not properly micro'd.

- High demand for mana, with little ability to replenish it.

full
SMALL UPDATE:

- Various tooltip fixes thanks to Kyrbi0
- Stat changes
- Added icon for mastery research
- Black Garden now has more creep spread

202905-albums7510-picture87169.png
Screenshots/Info:

Image Description:
------

202905-albums7510-picture87153.png

Image Description:
-----

202905-albums7510-picture87152.png

Image Description:
-----

full

Change Log:

Version 1.1:
- NEW FACTION BONUS: MASTERY UPGRADES
- NEW BUILDING: BLACK GARDEN
- NEW UNIT: WRAITHBLADE
- NEW UNIT: BELEAGUER
- NEW UNIT: DARK ROGUE
- REVAMPED EARLY UNITS
- TOOLTIP OVERHAULS
- MAP Updated
- Removed Spymaster
- Changed Apothecary Death Drought to Death Fumes
- New Deathstalker model
- Rebalanced Hero stats
- Rebalanced Unit stats
- Rebalanced building stats and costs
- Gorgon: new ability Clearing Path
- So much more!

Version 1.11:
- Various tooltip fixes thanks to Kyrbi0
- Stat changes
- Added icon for mastery research
- Black Garden now has more creep spread

Credits:

Credit:
Ampharos_222
Ujimasa Hojo
infrenus
-Grendel
Uncle Fester
Edge45
Kitabatake
Thrikodius
Sin'dorei300
Xelthyr
The Grim Reaper
Alastor
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Afronight_76
wingednosering
PROXY
Tarrasque
donut3.5
sigelang
GooS
CloudWolf
Dan van Ohllus
bigapple90
NFWar
D.ee
UgoUgo
kitties :3
(If I missed any just tell me, please)

Keywords:
Undead, Forsaken, Altered, Melee, Awesome, Sexy
Contents

Forsaken v1.11 (Map)

Reviews
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/stopcampingn00b/"]Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b Forsaken by Wa666r RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 26/30 Terrain & Scenery: 15/20 Total Score: 41/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 94%+ (47+/50) 4...

Which Race/Faction would you like to see?

• Illidari

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Burning Legion

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Warsong Clan

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Worgen

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Tauren

Votes: 12 21.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Forsaken
by Wa666r
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 26/30
Terrain & Scenery: 15/20
Total Score: 41/50

Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 94%+ (47+/50)
4 Stars: 70% - 93.99% (40-47/50)
3 Stars: 45% - 69.99% (20-39/50)
2 Stars: 20 - 44.99% (10-19/50
1 Stars: 0 - 19.99% (1-9/50)

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
Surprisingly the gameplay of the map based off of the forsaken race isn't just a mash of units with abilities taken straight from other races. From what I could tell, they balance the other races for the most part. The techtree is very well executed and organized. As stated in the description, the race as a whole has it's own play style, don't worry downloaders, it does not replicate undead. The base defense style is only semi similar to the undead's. There are fun and creative abilities (especially for casters) to go around, as well as well chosen custom models and skins.

I had very little problems with this map, but of course there are a few. It's great choice that you made gorgons not attack ground units, but the cooldown for 25 seconds stun is extremely short. Sure, it costs 75 mana and it isn't a high health unit also compensates for it, but it still isn't enough considering the low gold cost and how it's 3 food. I could get a squad of 6, that means an easy possibility of shutting down 12 enemy units. That's only losing 18 food so I can have many other units kill off not stunned units easily. One other problem was with descriptions. This one is minor, but it would be nice to add to the tooltip if gorgons and skeleton riders were air units.

I just can't think of anything that the race is missing that all other races have. All units have clear weaknesses and clear advantages in different situations. All unit roles are fulfilled.

26/30
Terrain & Aesthetics:
It's blizzard terrain, what can I say? Blizzard terrain isn't great as many say, it's rather mediocre at parts but it sets the standard with spread out environmental doodads, a few structural/landmark like doodad placements, and nice height leveling. Other aesthetics in the map are in the models and skins, they're great.

15/20

navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- All rules are followed, map approved!
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
So far this is the best single race altered melee I've played, you did a fantastic job with the race. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Level 18
OMG I'll try now
Edit:Review

My Reviews:
Misery Tower word is stick together
New Phanthoms have the Build ability ?
Spawns a Expierement should be Experiment
Vile Blast has tooltip description bugs fullstop is to far
Apothecary is spell as Apothocary
Apothecary upgrade has Description errors
Dreadguard model is very ugly looks just like a Spirit Walker
Bonewalker is hilarious
Geist model is ugly too
Gorgon & Empusa is unlogic
Dreadlord riding on undead wolf
Slyvanas riding on funny beast

Voting for need fix until update 2/5

Last edited:
Level 24
OMG I'll try now

My Reviews:
Bonewalker is hilarious
Geist model is ugly too

So basically you didn't even take in the playstyle, function, or uniqueness, balance, or anything practical about the faction in your review.

Only for minor tooltips errors, and your own personal preference on my model choices did you make it a 2/5. That's a bit of harsh score for something you hardly tried, and not helpful to me as a mapmaker at all.

Level 18
Sorry for being rude i think I am so horrible
But i like those food producing buildings and some towers they are unique in their own way
But I don't think the Forsaken use so much necromancy like book of necromancy or raising death from those buildings. Maybe can make a spell that throwsdeath coils around the Town Center as a defence ?

Level 24
Sorry for being rude i think I am so horrible
But i like those food producing buildings and some towers they are unique in their own way
But I don't think the Forsaken use so much necromancy like book of necromancy or raising death from those buildings. Maybe can make a spell that throwsdeath coils around the Town Center as a defence ?
I just don't understand why you give me such a low score for such minor errors.

Maybe the book is a tad too much. But, though the Undead Scourge hold's their necromancers under strong mind control, the Forsaken still have an affinity for black magic (How else would Sylvanas have the Black Arrow ability?) The whole Main Building attacking has already been done over and over. And plus, I rather enjoy having a different type of initial defense.

Level 2
Short Review :

i really like the phantom unit, he doesn't need to go back to the monastery. But why only 3 lumber? how about 5 or 6? also why not his damage doesn't increase while upgrading from the Ossuary? make his base attack similar to a ghoul~
the Bone walker is kinda weak. Increase the damage and his ability deranged reduce it.
Oh i really love when that skill Corpse from the deathguard, it makes me spam more skeletons while pushing. Also why only 10 damage for second and only last for 10 seconds? how about 15 or 20 damge?
Add another skill from the Val'kyr only 2 spells is not enough for me, i don't know why e.e
fix the tool tip from the ability merge, specctres~
it's kinda hard to use them. I know that their fragile but thanks, you put them some heals~
Pushing with the hero Scourge, Exterminator, Val'kyrs, Death Guards really a good idea using the last skill of the Exterminator plus last skill of Death Guard corpse then first skill of Val'kyrs, lastly use the last skill of Scourge! = pwning like a boss
Also with the onagers is a good idea~ with that i can kill a group of units quickly.
Why not add a skill from the unit Shadow Ascended? also reduced mana usage while summoning it .-. Scourge doesn't have enough mana.

i give ya a rate of 4/5 :) +rep

Level 24
OMG I'll try now

My Reviews:
Bonewalker is hilarious
Geist model is ugly too

By the way, I've fixed the tooltips errors. I am unsure what you mean by the Vile Blast; it looked perfect for me. The Phantoms can construct Ruin Towers only now. The models remain the same, and so do the Empusas and Gorgons.

I don't know if I did the rating right cause I went to the last thumbs up to give you 5 on 5 but it showed -2/5

Hmm must've been a glitch or something, but it looks like you gave me a 4/5.

Short Review :

i really like the phantom unit, he doesn't need to go back to the monastery. But why only 3 lumber? how about 5 or 6? also why not his damage doesn't increase while upgrading from the Ossuary? make his base attack similar to a ghoul~
the Bone walker is kinda weak. Increase the damage and his ability deranged reduce it.
Oh i really love when that skill Corpse from the deathguard, it makes me spam more skeletons while pushing. Also why only 10 damage for second and only last for 10 seconds? how about 15 or 20 damge?
Add another skill from the Val'kyr only 2 spells is not enough for me, i don't know why e.e
fix the tool tip from the ability merge, specctres~
it's kinda hard to use them. I know that their fragile but thanks, you put them some heals~
Pushing with the hero Scourge, Exterminator, Val'kyrs, Death Guards really a good idea using the last skill of the Exterminator plus last skill of Death Guard corpse then first skill of Val'kyrs, lastly use the last skill of Scourge! = pwning like a boss
Also with the onagers is a good idea~ with that i can kill a group of units quickly.
Why not add a skill from the unit Shadow Ascended? also reduced mana usage while summoning it .-. Scourge doesn't have enough mana.

i give ya a rate of 4/5 :) +rep

3 lumber because it just seems to make the harvest go at a similar rate to the other races; not overpowered or underpowered.

Hmmm maybe it should have increasing attack damage. I'll do that.

The Bone Walker is suppose to be the tanking unit, he deals 20 more and takes 20 less damage at 40% or less health. I could work that up to 50%.

Now that I think about it, 10 seconds is sort of short. I'll make it 15 seconds. But the main function is to silence.

2 abilities seems fine to me.

I'm glad you found a fun combo to use! That was kinda what I was hoping for: nice combos instead of a straight up push.

The Shadow Ascended don't have any abilities because I figured the player already has to micro a lot without having to worry about the summons. And they're suppose to be very costly since they last until their or the hero's death.

Level 10
Ohh Why? Why? Why? Just one week before my release? Seriously? What have I done to deserve this? I feel the urge to kill myself. Why do you do this to me? I got all my resources for MY Forsaken map prepared and set, and you had to do this didn't you?
Every single Idea I get to do, and NOPE, you've already done it.
Why??????

That's pretty sad. I will pray for you.

Level 24
Ohh Why? Why? Why? Just one week before my release? Seriously? What have I done to deserve this? I feel the urge to kill myself. Why do you do this to me? I got all my resources for MY Forsaken map prepared and set, and you had to do this didn't you?
Why??????

You need to chill out. I have no idea who you are, or that you were working on a Forsaken map. As did I get all my resources set, and I uploaded it because it was ready, not because I wanted to upload before someone I had no idea was doing the map. I've been creating my own play-styles and ideas for the past EIGHT maps. And I didn't "take" any ideas from you. All the ideas in my map are my own.

Level 3
I unfortunately am a uber casual, So i can't really speak to balance, But everything seems pretty awesome, The heroes are as seems to always be the case with your maps neat and different without being insanely over powered, And while i do find the over abundance of Skeletons a tad dull, it's can hardly be helped with most forsaken models all using the same Sylvanas head, so can't hold that against you, So yeah, as it seems to always be it's a neat race,

Level 24
I unfortunately am a uber casual, So i can't really speak to balance, But everything seems pretty awesome, The heroes are as seems to always be the case with your maps neat and different without being insanely over powered, And while i do find the over abundance of Skeletons a tad dull, it's can hardly be helped with most forsaken models all using the same Sylvanas head, so can't hold that against you, So yeah, as it seems to always be it's a neat race,

Well thank you for thanking time to give me your opinions on my map. It's not only that they all use Sylvanas' head, but many models just don't work, and i could not get them to work in the map. But i did reduce the number of skeletal units/hero by 3.

Level 5
Why??????

Chill Out bro... no need to get depressed lol I too am making a Forsaken custom race though I'm having some problems but that's okay lol

and Wa666r great job on the Forsaken Map.. really loved it... I hope the one I'm making is as good as yours lol XD and I have a simple request... if u don't mind I would like some help on my Forsaken Race... by help I mean Triggers Skills etc.... too much? and again great race!

Level 24
Chill Out bro... no need to get depressed lol I too am making a Forsaken custom race though I'm having some problems but that's okay lol

and Wa666r great job on the Forsaken Map.. really loved it... I hope the one I'm making is as good as yours lol XD and I have a simple request... if u don't mind I would like some help on my Forsaken Race... by help I mean Triggers Skills etc.... too much? and again great race!

well thanks for liking the map, man. Well, I am quite busy, but the simple spells are not all the difficult to learn. You can try to check out tutorials or learn from my maps' triggers.

Level 1
i like your all of your custom race , but i dont really like the forsaken heroes 'w' , btw i think if there is some unit that can use possession it would be better , 4/5 ;3

Last edited:
Level 14
I did a play through, which is hardly enough to give a fair review of the map, although I do have some suggestions.

First, it took me a while to figure out how to acquire more Phantoms. I'd suggest editing the Servant's tooltip to draw more attention to the fact that it can do that (as an UD player normally, I was looking through all of the buildings to find more lumber harvesters).
Try using: Basic worker. Can build structures, mine gold, and restore. |n|nServants can transform into |cff33cc22Phantoms|r to harvest lumber.for the tooltip.

Aesthetic oriented suggestions:
Instead of using the Deathstalker's current soundset, why not use HeroPitLord?
Replace the current Empusa model with Units\Creeps\BurningArcher\BurningArcher.mdl (already in game) and change the Sinister Arrow ability name to Red Arrow
If you change the Phantom's race classification to "Undead" it'll wither the trees it takes lumber from (although it seems like you wanted to stop that, you changed the classification of your base unit)

It would be nice if you implemented an AI for the custom race, so players can play against it.

Other things:
The game play was different - a mix of the other races. Unlike the UD the workers are tied down for a while when building and the lumber is instantly acquired instead of the gold. The Servant > Phantom switch was confusing at first, but agreeable. Have you considered allowing the two worker types to morph back and forth between each other (a base on Bear form) [note that the melee AI could never use this method without help]? This would keep to the minimalist theme you have set for the Forsaken since they lack the numbers that the Scourge has at it's disposal.

I didn't get a chance to really use all of the heroes at high levels, so I won't comment on their synergy with the rest of their units. Although, giving the Forsaken a version of the orc Blademaster doesn't make much sense. But to be fair, I'm just pushing for this model to be used instead. The Forsaken seem to favor ranged units, and this model has plenty of interesting animations for spells as a support caster (in my mind).

All in all, I enjoyed the map - I'd enjoy it more if I could get the AI to use it. Your twist was entertaining.

===========
In answer to your poll: I'd push for Burning Legion next.
===========

//\\oo//\\

Level 24
I did a play through, which is hardly enough to give a fair review of the map, although I do have some suggestions.

First, it took me a while to figure out how to acquire more Phantoms. I'd suggest editing the Servant's tooltip to draw more attention to the fact that it can do that (as an UD player normally, I was looking through all of the buildings to find more lumber harvesters).
Try using: Basic worker. Can build structures, mine gold, and restore. |n|nServants can transform into |cff33cc22Phantoms|r to harvest lumber.for the tooltip.

Aesthetic oriented suggestions:
Instead of using the Deathstalker's current soundset, why not use HeroPitLord?
Replace the current Empusa model with Units\Creeps\BurningArcher\BurningArcher.mdl (already in game) and change the Sinister Arrow ability name to Red Arrow
If you change the Phantom's race classification to "Undead" it'll wither the trees it takes lumber from (although it seems like you wanted to stop that, you changed the classification of your base unit)

It would be nice if you implemented an AI for the custom race, so players can play against it.

Other things:
The game play was different - a mix of the other races. Unlike the UD the workers are tied down for a while when building and the lumber is instantly acquired instead of the gold. The Servant > Phantom switch was confusing at first, but agreeable. Have you considered allowing the two worker types to morph back and forth between each other (a base on Bear form) [note that the melee AI could never use this method without help]? This would keep to the minimalist theme you have set for the Forsaken since they lack the numbers that the Scourge has at it's disposal.

I didn't get a chance to really use all of the heroes at high levels, so I won't comment on their synergy with the rest of their units. Although, giving the Forsaken a version of the orc Blademaster doesn't make much sense. But to be fair, I'm just pushing for this model to be used instead. The Forsaken seem to favor ranged units, and this model has plenty of interesting animations for spells as a support caster (in my mind).

All in all, I enjoyed the map - I'd enjoy it more if I could get the AI to use it. Your twist was entertaining.

===========
In answer to your poll: I'd push for Burning Legion next.
===========

//\\oo//\\
Thank you for the review.

I actually thought the tooltip was enough. "Basic worker. Can build structures, harvest gold, and Restore. Servants can transform into Phantoms in order to harvest lumber."

The voice will be changed.
I prefer the Empusa model and the Black Arrow. Having a Burning Archer really doesn't fit in with the purple-ish green-ish look of the entire faction.
The Phantom is already classified as Undead.

I was thinking about morphing back, but something about about it just doesn't seem right to me. I wanted a permanent choice.

Thanks for the model, but I'm trying to stay away from Skeleton models; also, this faction already has an Archer-like hero.

I cannot make melee AIs, unfortunately.

Can you see the Poll Results?

Level 14
Thank you for the review.

I actually thought the tooltip was enough. "Basic worker. Can build structures, harvest gold, and Restore. Servants can transform into Phantoms in order to harvest lumber."

The voice will be changed.
I prefer the Empusa model and the Black Arrow. Having a Burning Archer really doesn't fit in with the purple-ish green-ish look of the entire faction.
The Phantom is already classified as Undead.

I was thinking about morphing back, but something about about it just doesn't seem right to me. I wanted a permanent choice.

Thanks for the model, but I'm trying to stay away from Skeleton models; also, this faction already has an Archer-like hero.

I cannot make melee AIs, unfortunately.

Can you see the Poll Results?

That's fine, the only change I was really pushing for was the tooltip. The others are just superficial in nature.

The race was listed as Orc, not Undead is what I meant to say. When I changed it to UD the trees 'withered', this is just another superficial feature however (you kept the UD blight - but that has an influence on gamplay)

I can give the AI a shot (I've gotten it to work before), but I'd need to fully understand how you want the race to be played (listing of how many units, when you want the researching to be done, etc.. more than I'll understand after a couple of play-thrus) which may be more than you're willing to go through. I just want to watch the UD & FS AI duke it out while I sit back & eat popcorn.

I can see the poll results. As of right now:
Worgen = 12/32
Tauren = 6/32
Illidari = Warsong Clan = 5/32
Burning Legion = 4/32

//\\oo//\\

Level 24
That's fine, the only change I was really pushing for was the tooltip. The others are just superficial in nature.

The race was listed as Orc, not Undead is what I meant to say. When I changed it to UD the trees 'withered', this is just another superficial feature however (you kept the UD blight - but that has an influence on gamplay)

I can give the AI a shot (I've gotten it to work before), but I'd need to fully understand how you want the race to be played (listing of how many units, when you want the researching to be done, etc.. more than I'll understand after a couple of play-thrus) which may be more than you're willing to go through. I just want to watch the UD & FS AI duke it out while I sit back & eat popcorn.

I can see the poll results. As of right now:
Worgen = 12/32
Tauren = 6/32
Illidari = Warsong Clan = 5/32
Burning Legion = 4/32

//\\oo//\\
Changing the Phantoms to Undead would cause them to summon the Towers just as the Undead do, and I don't want that.

I'm not really sure how I could help with the AI, I hardly know anything about it. I think whatever look good to you. Just push towards the last tier units just as the other races do.

Oh ok. Didn't know if others could see.

Level 14
Changing the Phantoms to Undead would cause them to summon the Towers just as the Undead do, and I don't want that.

I'm not really sure how I could help with the AI, I hardly know anything about it. I think whatever look good to you. Just push towards the last tier units just as the other races do.

Oh ok. Didn't know if others could see.

Ah, I forgot that they could build towers. That would make sense.

I would only need help in figuring out how you envisioned this race being played. This includes questions like: How many units should be in a force? Which unit synergies would you prefer the AI to emphasize? Do you want a heavier focus on certain units at certain times? Do you want to vary the unit composition with the AI difficulty set in the lobby?

I'll play with it for now and PM the test map to you once it's ready for a demo.

//\\oo//\\

Level 2
The only issue i don't like is the lunmber harvest system.
I usually keep 5 gold harvester when i play a melee maps,but if i want a new building,i face a choice:keep 5 harvester or train one more.
From the latest gameplay,i choose trained a more harvester instead of wait for the fiinish of building.
After the new building done,i changed harvester into a phantom.
So,in the end of game,my lunmber storage keep in a high level,and phantoms cost a lot of my supply.
=========================================

The other part of this map is awesome,i love it.

Last edited:
Level 12
The map is very good but still not approved . Also how sound a naga map in the the future ?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Hahaha I did this faction over a month ago. (Yet still not approved :c )

Hopefully I'll find your map one day? You sure take your sweet time haha
How are those Jungle Trolls coming along?
Yeah, sorry. Guess things are as slow around here as they are for me. :<

Speaking of which, yeaaaaah. I do. Too much of it. I am seriously busy, but I also seriously procrastinate & perfection-ate.

Right now it's Heart of Storms -> Hero Contest -> Wc2 Tavern -> Trolls. Hopefully nothing else jumps up.

Level 24
Yeah, sorry. Guess things are as slow around here as they are for me. :<

Speaking of which, yeaaaaah. I do. Too much of it. I am seriously busy, but I also seriously procrastinate & perfection-ate.

Right now it's Heart of Storms -> Hero Contest -> Wc2 Tavern -> Trolls. Hopefully nothing else jumps up.

Yea I know what you mean. I procrastinate way too much. And a semi-perfectionist I guess. That's why I constantly update my factions; I always find some fault in them.

I really wish we could somehow mod wc3 to look like heroes of the storm/Starcraft 2.

Level 12
Yes you Wa666r are a perfectionist , and i really like this , good luck with your worgen map !

Level 3
Wa666r Can you create a map that all races that you created combined? Plss That must be good map if you created it and the next race i want is Worgen then Burning Legion. Thank you!

Level 32
Hey, I am terribly sorry for no moderation; I've recently become the new trial map moderator so you are in luck. There aren't any active mods besides me, 2 are extremely inactive and one is innactive. You are the second to last on the list that I have not assessed, so yes it's your turn. Hopefully the map moderator trio return soon :(

EDIT: Map approved with this review below!

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif

Forsaken
by Wa666r
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

Scores

Explanation

Gameplay: 26/30
Terrain & Scenery: 15/20
Total Score: 41/50

5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 35-47
3 Stars: 25-34
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
Surprisingly the gameplay of the map based off of the forsaken race isn't just a mash of units with abilities taken straight from other races. From what I could tell, they balance the other races for the most part. The techtree is very well executed and organized. As stated in the description, the race as a whole has it's own play style, don't worry downloaders, it does not replicate undead. The base defense style is only semi similar to the undead's. There are fun and creative abilities (especially for casters) to go around, as well as well chosen custom models and skins.

I had very little problems with this map, but of course there are a few. It's great choice that you made gorgons not attack ground units, but the cooldown for 25 seconds stun is extremely short. Sure, it costs 75 mana and it isn't a high health unit also compensates for it, but it still isn't enough considering the low gold cost and how it's 3 food. I could get a squad of 6, that means an easy possibility of shutting down 12 enemy units. That's only losing 18 food so I can have many other units kill off not stunned units easily. One other problem was with descriptions. This one is minor, but it would be nice to add to the tooltip if gorgons and skeleton riders were air units.

I just can't think of anything that the race is missing that all other races have. All units have clear weaknesses and clear advantages in different situations. All unit roles are fulfilled.

26/30
Terrain & Aesthetics:
It's blizzard terrain, what can I say? Blizzard terrain isn't great as many say, it's rather mediocre at parts but it sets the standard with spread out environmental doodads, a few structural/landmark like doodad placements, and nice height leveling. Other aesthetics in the map are in the models and skins, they're great.

15/20

navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- All rules are followed, map approved!
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
So far this is the best single race altered melee I've played, you did a fantastic job with the race. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Last edited: