• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FOOTMEN FRENZY AI (MS)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Footmen Frenzy AI (MS)

Your goal is to destroy your opponent Town Hall you can play as Human, Orc, Undead or Night Elf and spawn soldiers related to each race. The only way to gather gold is to kill your opponent's units if there is no computer player, 4 Mine Carts full of gold will be created into the middle of the map every 150 seconds.

-Computer Players can Upgrade & Attack !!
-AI Can Summon 2 Heroes at most
-Sharing Control when player defeated with his allies
-Food limit to 200 only
-4 Heroes Maximum
-Heroes Maximum Level 21
-You can order all units to follow, attack move or move
-Captain promotion applied (kill hero or town hall)
-Melee heroes use all researches but ranged heroes use the unique only
-Any team can't repeat the same hero, AI is free from this rule
-you can upgrade your Town Hall to tire 3 (higher tire level stronger units spawn)
-workers can repair and build (towers, arcane vaults, unique except human)

Changelog

Update: June 27,2017:
-Any unit enters the heroes tavern location can't purchase any hero except their own
-Trees position Enhanced
-Naga Royal Guard Spelling
-Triggers enhanced

Update: July 5,2017:
- Score board bug first kill. (Fixed)
- Moon Well Cancel upgrade bug. (Fixed)
- Arcane Vault type cost less.
- Add Ring of Superiority item to heroes.

- Add Commands ability to all heroes (order all units to follow, attack move or move)
- Captain promotion applied (kill hero or town hall)
- Abilities Description for each level.
- Abilities Enhanced.
- Game Data set to Melee latest Patch.
- other Fixes

- Fix Dialog now it shows properly.

- If there is no computer player, 4 Mine Carts full of gold will be created into the middle of the map every 150 seconds.

Keywords:
Footmen Epic Foot War Frenzy AI
Previews
Contents

FOOTMEN FRENZY AI (MS) (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
This map is clearly not yours and we would ask you too provide us the permmition to edit it from the original author. Otherwise this will be rejected. Set to Awaiting update ======================================================================...
Level 19
This map is clearly not yours and we would ask you too provide us the permmition to edit it from the original author. Otherwise this will be rejected.

Set to Awaiting update
======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 5
This map is clearly not yours and we would ask you too provide us the permmition to edit it from the original author. Otherwise this will be rejected.

Thank you for the review But this Map is MINE except the terrain belong to manzana i edit it and give him credit.
this map i worked on it since 2013 or 2014 i don't remember exactly then i stopped, then continued in this month and added some new things.

(i mean with the word "map" the whole map (w3x))

if there is another issue please tell me what is it

thank you

Last edited:
Level 19
Thank you you for the review But this map is mine except the terrain belong to manzana i edit it and give him credit.
this map i worked on it since 2013 or 2014 i don't remember exactly then i stopped, then continued in this month and added some new things.

(i mean with the word "map" the whole map (w3x))

if there is another issue please tell me what is it

thank you

As far as I understand you use the same heroes all footmen frenzy maps have. Is that so or am I just assuming? (there's too many version to be consistent on this).

Level 5
As far as I understand you use the same heroes all footmen frenzy maps have. Is that so or am I just assuming? (there's too many version to be consistent on this).

I use heroes from Blizzard and few custom in the middle as shown in the screenshot and the hero that have different models like paladin (Uther, arthas, Proudmoore, and so on) you can choose one of them in the game.

I didn't see all footmen frenzy maps but i know that hive has a classification for those maps that means the number of those maps not a problem

My map has:

-Teams (Human, Orc, Undead, Night Elf) with the related spawn units (Footman, Grunt, Ghoul, Druid of the Claw Night Elf Form) and heroes of it and 4 common heroes.
-The unique research is useful for the team's heroes
-That allow death knight and lich to use their abilites efficiently as example. (I didn't see that in any footmen map before)

any team can't repeat the same hero as a user player. you will never see 2 similar hero in the same team except AI players have constant heroes. (I didn't see that in any footmen map before)

please try to test the map and you will see the difference in the gameplay may i forget to mention somthing or somthing i can't describe.

Level 5
Melee heroes? what spells do the custom heroes have?
I have played footmen frenzy with extra races before, so that's not new really.
As for repeating heroes, eh, I guess that makes something?

Custom Heroes:

Jaina: Mystical Hero, adept at ranged assaults. Can learn Crushing Wave, Polymorph, Disperse Aura (The opposite of Brilliance Aura) and Giant Water Elemental. |n|n|cffffcc00Attacks land and air units.|r

Priestess of the Light: Mystical Hero, Can learn Healing Wave, Dispel Magic, Inner Fire and Holy Nova (Like Monsoon but different value). |n|n|cffffcc00Attacks land and air units.|r

Sylvanas Windrunner: Warrior Hero, adept at enhancing ranged attacks and slaying enemies from afar. Can learn Paralysing Arrow, Camouflage, Command Aura, and Volley of Arrows. ("tomoraider" as i mentioned in the credit) |n|n|cffffcc00Attacks land and air units.|r

Gul'dan: Mystical Hero, adept at ranged assaults. Can learn Firebolt, Unholy Frenzy, Horrible Aura (The opposite of unholy Aura) and Soul Absorption (Mana steal but kill enemy or friendly). |n|n|cffffcc00Attacks land and air units.|r

Sen'jin: Supporting Hero, adept at healing magics and voodoo curses. Can learn Healing Ward, Stasis Trap, Sentry Ward and Voodoo Spirits. |n|n|cffffcc00Attacks land and air units.|r

Warlord: Warrior Hero, exceptional at absorbing damage and melee combat. Can learn Finger of Death, Thunder Clap, Command Aura and Doom. |n|n|cffffcc00Attacks land units.|r

Lord Archimonde: Mystical Hero, effective at ranged attacks and scouting. Can learn Rain of Fire, Dark Portal, Far Sight and Earthquake. |n|n|cffffcc00Attacks land and air units.|r

Lord Kil'jaeden: Cunning Hero, adept at controlling combat. Can learn Finger of Death, Anti-magic Shell, Frustration Aura (The opposite of Endurance Aura), and Rain of Chaos. |n|n|cffffcc00Attacks land and air units.|r

Pit Lord: Warrior Hero, adept at terrorizing enemies. Can learn Shock Wave, Howl of Terror, Cleaving Attack, and Doom. |n|n|cffffcc00Attacks land units.|r

Ghost of the Grove: Mystical Hero. Can learn Spirit Link, Rejuvenation, Curse, and Tornado. |n|n|cffffcc00Attacks land and air units.|r

Lady Vashj: Mystical Hero, adept at ranged combat. Can learn Forked Lightning, Frost Arrows, Mana Shield, and Monsoon. |n|n|cffffcc00Attacks land and air units.|r

Naga Royal Guard: Warrior Hero, particularly adept at sea magic. Can learn Crushing Wave, Frost Bolt, Frost Armor and Summon Sea Elemental. |n|n|cffffcc00Attacks land units.|r

Note:
-When I say the opposite it means also suitable values.
-All heroes have Suicide Ability (The hero can kill himself).
-Melee heroes that have direct attack and collision with the enemy units can upgrade the attack damage and armor like the footman as an example and the unique upgrade like animal war training in the Human team.

Last edited:
Level 5
I really doubt dark portal, finger of death and specially soul absorption are balanced. Some heroes have the same spells and Vashj is almost the same as a regular naga witch.

-All abilities and teams are balanced if you found any team unbeatable in the GAMEPLAY in a continuous way (user player vs user player) report here and describe the situation. I prefer (full team members vs full team members).

-lady Vashj and other heroes already have unique abilities i will never change this but in rare cases i redistributed some.

-Some abilites enhanced a little in a better way.

-Some few Issues in the map need correction I discovered it but I wait until the end of this conversation to upload the map again.

Level 13
Alright, I played this with a friend along with AI.
Here's what I noticed:

Gameplay
  • There seems to be some balance issues. Grunts and Druids at the start have quite a bit more health and damage than Ghouls or Footmen, yet they spawn at the same rate. I noticed you made them give more bounty and use more food, but I feel this does not compensate for the superior forces or rush tactics. Sure, footmen have defend, but that only applies to piercing damage, not normal damage. I notice this imbalance continues as things tier up.
  • It seems to have a solid techtree. It seems similar to other footman frenzy maps, just with races.
  • Heroes with auras are more powerful than other heroes if you manage your groups.
  • With the initial 10 second spawn time, a lot of the game was spent waiting for your forces to build up to the food cap and not obliterating your forces so you have some form of defence. The majority of your gold income seems to come from killing, but towers go down fast. So, your units are generally your better defence and offence.

Aesthetics
  • Pretty flat map, not much to the terrain. But, such it is for footman frenzy.

Suggestions
  • Would it be possible to implement an attack-move command to spawned units for your town hall's rally point? That could prove interesting for other possible game modes (macro management battles with more rapid spawns, for example). See what you can tweak to make things more unique.
  • Balance is definitely an issue for upgrade costs, tower costs, and initial units. I recommend calculating damage per second (average damage range / attack speed) and try and get all units to roughly the same damage per second (DPS) per tier. Also, calculate their effective health (hp x [1 + damage reduction from armor] x [1 + any evasion chance]) and try to make that even.
  • Of course, unit balance could vary depending on abilities they have to give it some "flavor." Or, some units could do more DPS with less effective health, and vice versa.

Last edited:
Level 5
Alright, I played this with a friend along with AI.
Here's what I noticed:

Gameplay
  • There seems to be some balance issues. Grunts and Druids at the start have quite a bit more health and damage than Ghouls or Footmen, yet they spawn at the same rate. I noticed you made them give more bounty and use more food, but I feel this does not compensate for the superior forces or rush tactics. Sure, footmen have defend, but that only applies to piercing damage, not normal damage. I notice this imbalance continues as things tier up.
  • It seems to have a solid techtree. It seems similar to other footman frenzy maps, just with races.
  • Heroes with auras are more powerful than other heroes if you manage your groups.

- Balance depend on (Attack Damage, Attack rate, range, Maximum Number of Targets, Armor Type, Defense Type, Defense Base, Movement speed. Collision Size, Spawn Time, Food Cost, Hit Point Base, Hit Point Regeneration, Hit Point Regeneration Type, Gold Bounty, Abilities of the unit, Abilities of the heroes, Upgrades, ...). It is complicated.

- In one vs one attack Grunt and Druid are Balanced.

- Heroes with auras more powerful the large units number you have (YES) but they are limited.

- The unique upgrade of Night Elf and Undead modified for balance issue.

- Towers are the same in blizzard at the beginning but can be upgraded.

- Every team has its advantages and disadvantages.

- "spawned units for your town hall's rally point" I didn't try if there is a way to order spawn units to follow the rally point. Is that you mean?

Thank you for playing and if there is something i didn't answer may i didn't understand it well.

If you found unbeatable team please inform me.

Level 13
Balance depend on... It is complicated.
Oh, I know. The important thing is to calculate effective health based on these factors and damage per second.
As for things that seem unbeatable, I would say Grunts early game tips way in their favor because they have the greatest effective health and DPS.
From opening up your map in the editor and looking into it, you changed all armor types to "large" and weapon damage to "normal," so that isn't a factor.

The most important things to balance are: base armor, health, attack damage, dice factor for attacks, attack speed, and armor upgrade factors.
Bounty doesn't mean as much if mass grunts kill you off early game anyways.
Health regen is negligible unless it can offset the damage dealt.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. You need to set levels in the descriptions for spells (example for: Inner Fire, Dispel Magic) and mention for each level the values.
2. Spells are just normal Warcraft III ones.
3. The terrain is plain almost without any decoration. Mostly you can see one tile spread out on large patches of land.
4. Does not really improve the original and then remakes of the Footmen Frenzy game.

I vote for Substandard.

Last edited:
Level 5
1. You need to set levels in the descriptions for spells (example for: Inner Fire, Dispel Magic) and mention for each level the values.
2. Spells are just normal Warcraft III ones.
3. The terrain is plain almost without any decoration. Mostly you can see one tile spread out on large patches of land.
4. Does not really improve the original and then remakes of the Footmen Frenzy game.

1. Every level has its description except the learning description is general, I will add them later.
2. Spells are many and suitable for the map nature. (not an issue)
3. The terrain is comfortable for eyes and suitable for the footmen frenzy tactics. May I make little changes if there are good suggestions. (not an issue)
4. Try to play full house you and all AI then tell me the difference and what you feel. (And change your team every game)

Level 5
I was playing humans with Garithos. My friend was undead with a dreadlord.
We got steamrolled by computer Orcs and Night Elfs, 1 team per race (4 player FFA).

That means you underestimated AI, I was thinking to raise its power.
I will be happy if there are more details like (how long you play and the last upgrade/research you reached you and AI).
But how about when you and your friend played, I think in this case if your friend uses the aura at the begining and save his hero and didn't forget to research and take his care from AI he could win, unless you control the Mana Fountain in a good position.
If you like this kind of maps please try to play with a different team every time you play and different hero.

Level 13
Yes, I noticed that the AI automatically focuses whoever has the least amount of troops.
They turtled until my friend and I fought each other, then they came in to mop up the rest with their large armies and mutually focused each base.
I think it would be interesting in make an "observer" slot just to watch what the AI does against each other, with no human players.

Level 5
e.g :
Human : Footman -> Spellbreaker/Archer/Emissary -> Knight/Rifleman/Priest

There is already:
Human: Footman -> Spellbreaker -> Knight
Orc: Grunt -> Raider -> Tauren
Undead: Ghoul -> Frost Revenant -> Abomination
Orc: Druid of the claw Night Elf Form -> Huntress -> Druid of the claw Bear Form

I said in the description that "you can upgrade your Town Hall to tire 3 (higher tire level stronger units spawn)"