1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sen'jin (Witch Doctor Hero)

Submitted by loktar
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
↪Hive
[​IMG]
Projectile Arc: 0
Projectile Art: Troll Witch Doctor
Projectile Homing Enabled: True
- Screenshot icon
Contents

Sen'jin (Witch Doctor Hero) (Model)

Reviews
11:58, 11th Dec 2015 Misha: well.. this really looks like it could use some more work, it's still looking lill too much like a shadowhunter. also the wrapping on his chest and back is rather bad, making him look stretchy and blurred, you could try...
  1. 11:58, 11th Dec 2015
    Misha: well.. this really looks like it could use some more work, it's still looking lill too much like a shadowhunter. also the wrapping on his chest and back is rather bad, making him look stretchy and blurred, you could try to fix that at least on the chest, back can easily be covered, or changed into a cloak like the witchdoctors already have. those eyes on his back.. they don't blink, they don't move in any way, maybe you should replace them with something much more simple.. and lastly, there is something about his face that i can't put my finger on.. his nose looks like it's deformed and i'm not seeing anything like a nostril area

alright, give him a valid troll death sound (maybe witchdoctor?), remove all 'unshaded' on all the materials, and do something so that his teamglow doesn't get abruptly huge of random anims like walk or stand or so.. it's very distracting.., and lastly, attach and center the 'weapon' attachment, so it sits just below the hook-part of the staff

changes made, and Sen'jin is approved :p

2. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Very creative.

3. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks!

4. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Took the words right out of my mouth; very creative. While this doesn't directly affect me, it's Trolls, so it's got that going for it. :p More importantly, this fills a niche that has always bugged me; no proper model for Sen'jin/Vol'jin. Something cooler than the dorky unit model, but not so grand as the existing hero model. Bam.

Seriously, Blizzard. Just patch that already.

Anyway, an amalgam between the Witch Doctor & Shadow Hunter is literally ideal for that, and you've done a fancy job. The green orbs (sentry ward-lookalikes?) are a tad... bright. Garish, even. But overall, I'm a fan. : )

5. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I really like the shoulder pads, well done.

6. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice. I liked the idea of the hero glow arround.

7. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the kind words. I'll try to meet the moderator comment.
    I can probably fix the wrapping. I hadn't really noticed, but now that you mention it, it could use some work.
    I'll remove or replace the should and knee pad, maybe change the tusks somewhat. Maybe replace the sticks on the back with something else.

As for the eyes, I really like this idea, and I'd love for them to be animated, but unfortunately that's beyond my capabilities.
    Maybe someone could help me with that? :D

8. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    well, i still think he could use the clothing cover over the back, to hide those back-abs..

as for the eyes, it would be pretty simpler if you took witchdoctor's ones and billboarded them.. ya know, those that he carries on the back

9. markrenzo

markrenzo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really good job! Although you could add another shoulder pad on the other arm and add normal eyeballs at the back as for the sentry wards they're really neat please keep them. Also add the dangling balls on his staff.

10. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    pff, I managed to get the sentry eyes working perfectly, but then ingame/in editor they flip every 5 seconds. No idea why, it works in mdlvis, modeleditor and 3D viewer on hive, but not in game/WE :/

11. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Good job! I dig the latest tweak on his totems. The idea is great too. I'd vote it 5\5 for the sake of how much it fits withn the game!

As for the possible improvements - i think that his shoulderpads somehow clash with his other textures. Maybe you could come up with something different. Or use that fancy face voodoo mask texture? It has a more pleasant dark-wood brownish color as an opposite to this reddish shoulderpad.

Or, maybe you could do something epic with his totems on the back. he is no usual witch doctor after all! Maybe a purple lightning beam between them or something else cool and shadowy. To underline the dark badassness of these troll combat medics.

Some effects could be a good addition too. I'm thinking of red lightning effects that are used for witch doctor missile.

12. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks! Good ideas, I will consider it :D Especially shoulder pad, will probably change that. Voodoo mask is a good idea.

13. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    A very creative work you have here, perhaps this work of yours might be helpful in the future.
    Though that blurryness in his back may need some work, I'll make this 5/5 due to in-game texture use, smooth anims, and creativeness, nice work :)

14. rcshaggy

rcshaggy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well it's good to see on what Vol'jin's father looked like and I really want to use one of the Jungle Troll models for Vol'jin and this obviously for Senjin.

Nice work as well making this hero so it can be a Jungle Troll hero and even the father of Vol'jin; Senjin.

15. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Fantastic. Looks like you're already improving.

16. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did you update this model ?

17. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    alright! i dig this update :)

18. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yay! :D
    I've replaced the shoulder pad with a voodoomask (edited from shadow hunter), and improved the sentry eye animation a bit, should be no more snapping into place anymore. Also increased particle size to original values, and added a particle emitter to the wand (spell animation). Currently working on the portrait, should be ready soon :)
    I don't think I will be adding anything else.

edit: final version including portrait uploaded! turned out quite well I think, maybe the best model edit i've done so far :D

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  19. Man, I just really love this~