1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Existence of God

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hakeem, Sep 14, 2007.

?

See below.

1. Yes, and I can prove it with logic.

15 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Yes, but I only believe. I can't prove it.

18 vote(s)
    20.9%
  3. I will remain unaffiliated until proof is given. (No.)

22 vote(s)
    25.6%
  4. No, it's just an invention.

31 vote(s)
    36.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Either way, you don't seem very fond of religion because of what Christianity is.
    I don't despise you, I think you are a pretty good person. I think you need to also make the distinction between Christianity and religion. There are many religions that make more sense.
    Lets call those people extremists. :grin:
    There are many religions like that. Christianity is not the only religion and does not represent what all religions are like.

And once again:
    This is not about Christianity.
    Yes, Elenai, that means you too.

2. Redeemer59

Redeemer59

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Elenai, you're starting to make me angry. The sinful nature comment, mostly.

While we cannot prove God doesn't exist, can you prove he does exist? You're saying things like fact, not like opinion. Which is what the thread is about. Opinion.

3. donut3.5

donut3.5

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Science logically disproves God, but we can't factually.
    Science has argued against religion for a veeeery long time.
    Here are a few examples:

The Greeks used gods as explanations for natural phenomena.
    During the Middle Ages, pimples and other acne was created by sins. We now know that they are a biological process of the body that occurs when skin pores become plugged.
    Pre-Enlightenment, people thought the solar system was centered around Earth. Why? Because God made it that way since Earth was the most important planet, since it hosted his greatest creation. Guess what? The Earth revolves around the sun. It's been proven.

All in all, people have just used gods and goddesses as something to explain what they couldn't, as some people still do for the evolution debate. Whether or not it was evolution or God who made human beings is a toss up, until further research is gathered no assumptions can be made. The only reason why I say a god may exist is because even if science proves every phenomena in the world, he could still technically exist, just as more of a feeling than anything.
    EDIT: Onto Elenai's question: If God actually exists, I respect him, not his views. Someone who will not accept someone based on their sexual preference, beliefs, and restricts freedom of speech and religion among many other things, and condemns people whom he does not accept seems no better than an absolute dictator.
    --donut3.5--

4. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I'm not meaning to make people angry at all. My point on the matter (with my question) is if God exists what will happen. And thus, is it really wise to take the chance of his existance?

It is a valid point.

On the issue of proof...I've given evidence of God's existence time and time again...yet because people are so biased towards it. You never accept it.

And I have been asking questions! How have I stated things as fact. Is it not true that some of you have been stating that God doesnt exist as fact?

5. Redeemer59

Redeemer59

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're calling it sinful, rather than saying you believe it to be sinful.

Right there, you're saying "God exists, but you don't know about it. It's sad how ignorant people are."

And I find it hard to answer the question truthfully. Half of me says that I'd tell God he's a shitty deity doing a shitty job, due to the rampant poverty, greed, hunger, corruption, crime, hate, disease, and disasters and he isn't doing shit besides trying to get people to spread his name. The other half would say that he needs to tell people what Jesus' words really meant in the first place. Love thy neighbor, and such. Nowadays, people are saying "God hates fags!" "God says Christianity is the only religion. Everybody else is doomed to hell unless they repent." and such. While those examples are radical, they get the point across, I hope.

And also, here's a question for YOU, Elenai. If God created everything, why does Evil exist? Why does Sin exist? Why was Lucifer able to continue existing after being thrown from Heaven?

6. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, science can't disprove anything, it can't say pigs don't fly because they might have just not discovered it yet.
    Once again, I see that someone fails to understand that all religions are different. I know some religions that don't contradict science, in fact, they support it.

A good question indeed. I would answer it, but I would like to see Elenai explain this one. Well Elenai? Can you answer?

7. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Redeemer: Excuse me but...That quote is wrong.

And the reason evil and sin exist is because:
    1: Satan's rebellion against God.
    2: Because man decide to rebel against God also, and thus doomed himself to Hell if he doesnt repent.
    3: Because Satan is going to experience his judgment in the end. Satan has yet to pay for his crimes against God. And in the end God will basically put him in prison. Thus God let him live so that he can pay for his crimes. Other than that angels (even fallen ones) are able to exist outside of Heaven or Hell.

But we should probably not discuss Christian Doctrine in this thread. Because I dont want to get in trouble....Again.

EDIT: unless Hakeem allows.

8. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    God can't control Satan? So God is not all powerful?

9. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Of course God can control Satan. But he doesnt because Satan still has free will. God is just waiting, countering Satan's influence with his word, giving people the choice of life in Christ or death in their sin. And in the end he will judge Satan and imprisson him, along with those who do not accept the gift of....what is comparable to a governers pardon.

God will not interfere with free will. He will lay choices out for people. If they choose to break the law (thus sin) they will be judged. But if they choose to accept the pardon. They will be saved from judgement and enter heaven when they die. God also places the Holy spirit in those who are saved. So that they do not use salvation as an excuse to sin. Because the Holy Spirit convicts the saved person when they sin, so that they will ask for forgiveness.

10. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So why does good God let evil happen?

11. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hmmmz...Here is one reason.

It's similar to the incident in the story of Job. Satan afflicted Job with evil, God allowed it. Job standing fast in his faith, and not falling to sin. Grew in his faith and God blessed him for not letting the evil break his faith.

God likes to take evil things that happen to us, and turn them into good things.

Like taking lemons and making lemonaid....or lemon pudding.

12. donut3.5

donut3.5

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    True, someone can never prove anything. This is the same with logically proving God. You can only say that God has not been dis proven.

And I was making a generalization, it's a lot easier to say Science argues against religion than Science argues against some religions but agrees with others, while it is somewhere in between but to one side or the other, or maybe directly in the middle depending on the extremity of the believer in said religion.
    --donut3.5--

13. Moontraveler

Moontraveler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am rather wierd about this subject but I believe that gods exist and don't exist at the same time o_O... Ya I don't understand myself either...

14. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Logic can prove souls and god. That is, of course, only possible, if you accept logical proof.

So Elenai, god lets evil happen so he can forgive it?

15. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I suppose thats one way to look at it.

But I'll be back tomorrow to discuss more of this.

16. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Elenai, study other religions. You can find a better one.
    You are just a * waiting to happen.

17. donut3.5

donut3.5

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Personally I think Buddhism is cool. Although most religions have parts in them I like.
    --donut3.5--

18. Turtles

Turtles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ive been told that God created evil and let Satan go so that people could choose good or evil. personally, I think that's bullcrap. people claim God can't control free will. Then he is not omnipotent. He is not Almighty. He created us, wtf can't he control us for?

19. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Personally, I think that sounds pretty stupid too. Doesn't mean I throw out the baby with the bath water.

God can make sense, you don't have to dismiss religion because some nut case says god is half duck.

20. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am, in fact Christian. Cathoilc, but i have some very good friends who are protestant. catholics aren't all assholes.

some christians, like me, are ashamed of the ranting anti-evolutionists. christians aren't all christian supremacists who think the earth was created six thousand years ago. i personally, as a christian, see no problem with evolution.

there are some "christians" who are basically Klu Klux Klan against non christians. those christians are the nutcases.

ever read a word of the bible? it's basically god constantly punishing the Israelites for not worshipping him. the isrealite god promotes slavery of his own country, too, until they repent. for a while. until they screw up again. Jewish god is usually in a state of constnt pissedness at the jews.

the bible is actually very empty of facts.

anti contraception had its time. very few of those africans are christians, anyway-the Pope has no authority over them.

if probability is science, the seesaw is turning back towards god.

what's the point of playing chess with yourself?

exactly.

or taking lemons and making a von neumann machine. that has multiple personaity disorder and paranoia.

God can control us, but playing pool with planets must've gotten boring after a while. he doesn't control us cause it's a challenge that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.