• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How old are you?

How old are you?

• 30+

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 25+

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 23 -> 24

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • 21 -> 22

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • 19 -> 20

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • 17 -> 18

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • 15 -> 16

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • 13 -> 14

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • 11 -> 12

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 10-

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The purpose of this thread is to retrieve some meaningful census data for this site. It's much more convenient and accurate to use a poll for this rather than looking up the age of every single active user on his/her profile (which lots of users lie about).

There's not much to post about, but I'll keep the thread open so posts would bump it to the first page. (I am not going to stick this thing.)

Note: To whomever wants to be a smartypants, the poll is asking for age in years.

Don't post your ages in the thread. Use the poll.

Roland

R

Roland

How many times did they told you guys to Use the poll only, Don't comment just use the poll.

People can also lie on this poll. So your point in invalid. However, I dont see much point in people lying on this poll. It serves no purpose since they cannot be identified. The stats would be interesting to see.

Exactly why it's an anonymous poll :D

edit
The curve actually turned out to be pretty accurate. I like it.

Level 16
They can't even understand what "Don't post your ages in the thread. Use the poll." means.

Maybe it's not because they don't understand, but because their happy to share their age with the community. For attention, reptutation, it doesn't matter. Its no big deal, relax.

Btw, I'm 19 years old :ogre_hurrhurr:

Exactly why it's an anonymous poll :D

edit
The curve actually turned out to be pretty accurate. I like it.

Do you mean the results in the poll are accurate? If so, how did you validate the poll's ages? It is anonymous isn't it?

Do you mean the results in the poll are accurate? If so, how did you validate the poll's ages? It is anonymous isn't it?

Some people are going to lie, yes, but if a user is to lie, he is only going to select an age not equal to his/her age. If the number of users who are going to lie is distributed pseudo-evenly over the range [10 ... 30], then we still get about the same curve with a Y-intercept that's slightly higher :p

We can never really achieve a precise curve anyway :/

I only say it's accurate because it makes sense. I don't guarantee it.

For the most part, we can at least say that this site is mostly populated with people in their mid-late teens and early 20's rather than 12 - 15 as some people like Captain Kellypants thought before. (Must be the maps section)

For the most part, we can at least say that this site is mostly populated with people in their mid-late teens and early 20's rather than 12 - 15 as some people like Captain Kellypants thought before. (Must be the maps section)

You're making me laugh Magtheridon XD
Captain Kellypants XD get real XD

Btw, I am 13 Years Old

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.