• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Evil Resurgent

full

Important
Important
This campaign was made by Flower Fairy. She is the author of this campaign. The campaign is being posted on HiveWorkShop on her behalf with her express permission.

The campaign was originally posted here:

邪恶重现完整版 - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com

full

Evil Resurgent
Evil Resurgent
This campaign follows Arthas and the undead. This campaign is comprised of 11 playable missions and 8 cinematic missions, and follows the style of the Blizzard campaign with RTS-style missions as well as RPG-style missions.

Due to the conversion tool used to convert the campaign to the standard world editor, it is recommended to play the campaign using the most recent patch.

List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns
List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns

Characters

full
Arthas: In life, he was a paladin of Lordaeron. After being killed by Archimonde, he was turned into a death knight. With Archimonde's death, he regained his freedom. Despite looking like an undead, he is a human on the inside. He believes in his companions, and knows the difference between right and wrong. However, the Lich King marked his soul so as to eat away at his humanity. He became dark and bloodthirsty, though his trust in and loyalty towards the Lich King remained the entire time. The Lich King knows this, and tries in vain to use Arthas as a tool to heal his own wound.

full
Anub'arak: Once a noble of the Nerubian Kingdom, he lost his life fighting the Scourge and was revived. In order to prove himself to the Lich King, he killed his Nerubian clansmen. While his resolve may have once wavered, he knows he is doomed to a bleak future.

full
Kel'Thuzad: He was once a human explorer who was fond of taking risks. While travelling in the polar region, he became friends with the local ice trolls. But fate played a big joke on him, as after he died in the polar region and was revived as a lich, he had no choice but to slay his ice troll friends in order to secure his future. While he may have bemoaned the twists of fate, he knows very well that when people live for profit/interest, they cannot give consideration to emotions.

full
Noth: The plague bringer of the Scourge. He is cold and emotionless. His achievements in regard to research into plagues and elixirs are outstanding. He alone planned the plague attack on Stormwind. He is absolutely loyal to the Lich King, and is the most faithful high-ranking leader of the Scourge.

Screenshots
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full

Credits

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These are the hiveworkshop resources in use, based on the automatic credit generator:
Resources in Use by Evil Resurgent | HIVE

rightfield, miseracord, will the almighty, daelin, kuhneghetz, general frank, norinrad, epion, jetfanginferno, kitabatake, callahan, splashy5, dojo, lord_t, demon boy, bloody_turds, infrenus, dickxunder, champara bros, hawkwing, assasin_lord, hanza-ru, mephestrial, quech, noypi, thrikodius, supertoinkz, cavman, sellenisko, just_spectating, rama462, proxy, -grendel, peekay, sin'dorei300, wandering soul, power, shyrony, whitedeath, jesushipster, ujimasa hojo, andrewoverload519, eubz, nightskyaurora, kimbo, whitewolf8, kangyun, reflex, horusrogue, darkholme, frlky, 67chrome, daenar7, mc !, link_iceblader, kyzerdrood32, darkfang, crazyrussian, cloudwolf, viiva, bigapple90, mr,goblin, palaslayer, inhuman89, nfwar, hellx-magnus, orthon, m0rbid, zbc, nelsonlaje, marcos DAB, heinvers, ~nightmare, solu9, edge45, murlocologist, ghostthruster, miseracord, taurer, kwaliti, takakenji, proxy, hexus, andrewoverlord519, hawkwing, joysoy, afronight_76, darkholme, kadzhamit, blizzard entertainment, evilwart-dragon, viiva, frlkY, orthon, naserkingarthas, kangyun, sxar, murlocologist, hyunrai, tranquil, princeyaser,

Special Thanks

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These people helped in various ways in bringing the campaign to hiveworkshop.
Ghostwolf- YDWE conversion tool, Quinten- map description title picture, Deepstrasz- various things, Naruto- helping contact the author, Tuwnew- map template.

Change Log

H-ER-v0.041- Initial Upload

H-ER-v0.044-
General

Frostmourne Tool tip, Troll Hut tooltip, Thunder Diamond Tooltip/Name, Sacred Essence tooltip, Tome of Knowledge +3 tooltip, chaplain caster tooltip, "Doom Bringer", Defence Aura (Obelisk) name/tooltip, dark summoning (Obelisk) tooltip,

Chapter One

Names for teams, yellow troll name, "necromancer", "any of my followers", Chaos Knight transmission sender, "savage",

Chapter Two

"Frozen Continent", "eke", "adopt",

Chapter Three

"Outside",

Chapter Four

"you and your comrades", "children"

Chapter Five

"Word/word"-fixed,

Interlude

"Coastal"

Chapter Six

"have", "great, effective", "how humiliating", "Lich"

Chapter Seven

"We sent were killed", gnoll creep name, "pathetic wretches"-sender, demon hunter name

Interlude

"Returned"

Chapter Eight

"Losses", "righteousness in",

Interlude

Last intermission sender name

Chapter Ten

"Was", "time to chat"

Chapter Eleven

"Scoreboard", "New", "Lich",

Epilogue

"...Archimonde, for...",

H-ER-v0.044C- Censored parts of "Afternote" with permission from Flower Fairy.
H-ER-v0.044CC- fixed buff tooltip for Crypt Vanguard, added name for Sky Eagle unit.

Contents

Evil Resurgent (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
That was a fast one. Changes made, Approved. (review: Evil Resurgent)
Level 23
Just to remind you all: The author of this campaign is 我是花仙魔法使 (flower fairy). The campaign is posted on hiveworkshop on her behalf with her express permission.
The campaign was originally posted here:

邪恶重现完整版 - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com

full

This is a campaign from the Chinese warcraft 3 community. Hopefully we can "give back" in the sense that by sharing many campaigns from their community, it will inspire Hiveworkshop creators to make more campaigns, and then the chinese community can play those campaigns when the Chinese translators bring Hive campaigns to their community (so in this way, they can benefit also).

Finally, it is strongly recommended to use some kind of method to moisturize your eyes before playing this, because if you blink during any of the cinematic scenes, you might miss all the dialogue.

Message from Flower Fairy:

When I was still a primary school student, I would often fantasize about making my own map. When I was in my first year of middle school (2014), I was influenced by older creators such as Tomoraider and Turnro, and my plan of making my own campaign became firmer. In 2015 (my second year of middle school), I began the slow process of making a custom campaign. Even though during my self-study period in 2014 I made a few crude Azeroth fanfiction maps (Like the Forsaken v Scarlet Crusade + Burning Legion, Uther’s son, who followed Jaina, leading Humanity to retake Lordaeron), I still wish for my campaigns to be based on an adapted Warcraft Universe, as in this way I could integrate more personal ideas. This is how I came to make custom campaigns.

In 2018, a player called Tulee wanted to translate custom campaigns from the Uuu9 website over to hiveworkshop. I knew about hiveworkshop. It was a war3 website favoured by map makers. For this, I actively signed my campaigns up to be translated. But I must admit, the four campaigns up until now have more or less contained some detail issues. In addition, when initially making campaigns I did not plan to set up cinematic skip triggers (in my opinion this is the core issue with the first four campaigns), since many players have been troubled by this. But after knowing players’ comments, I do not think my campaigns are terrible. Some players even like them greatly. This invigorates me.

But the most prominent comments concern the names of the characters. I realize I must express my personal view on this matter.

Tulee is not the first person to translate my campaign. Before him, a player translated my first campaign for me and posted it on hiveworkshop. It was only after she finished the translation that she informed me that she had changed many of the character names in my campaign to names of characters in the Azeroth Universe. She had edited some models and icons, and had even changed my campaign’s name from “Shadow of Youth” to “The Lonely Nightstar”. But at the time, I was good friends with that player. I knew translating a campaign was difficult, so I agreed with her idea. Later, due to various reasons, the initial “The Lonely Nightstar” was forcibly removed. I am not very clear on what happened at the time, but there were still many players who had played my campaign.

I have practically never seen a campaign where the characters’ names were altered. I think this is very rash, and really don’t like this. This is also why I hoped Tulee would still translate some names of characters and places into the corresponding names for Azeroth when translating my campaign. After all, many players had played my campaign. Also, I think in this way the immersion will be greater for players at hiveworkshop. In reality, when designing some of the characters, I referred to some settings of Azeroth characters, but many original characters like He Xiaoshu without any references are directly translated. Players must understand this is an overhead universe adapted from Warcraft, even though this world has some similarities with Azeroth. I have even given this world a name: Alysisy. This special name will be emphasized repeatedly in my 5th campaign. For this, I feel strange when I see some players think Tulee changed the character names in the campaigns. The requirements of the translation were set out by me personally. It was not Tulee who decided on his own. I hope players can understand this.

I have also seen some comments that have left me with a deep impression. Some players think many plot points of my campaigns draw from the Blizzard campaigns.

In my opinion, the plot and gameplay of campaigns complement each other. For example, in A Song of Dream Chasing, Thrall becoming acquainted with the Tauren and Trolls of the Barrens is an inevitable outcome, as in the techtree I set up, the Orcs’ allies are still the Tauren and the Trolls. If I had to be different from the Blizzard campaigns, then I would be forced to design new units, such as harpies or quilbeasts or even centaur? But such a techtree would then coincide with the Legends of Arkain. If I were to design it like this, then the campaign plot would need to be greatly changed again. So, I will draw on some plot and settings from the Blizzard campaign. I myself like the traditional style of the Blizzard campaigns. I do not think this is a very, very bad thing for this.

My 5th campaign, Guangying Xiangsui, will have nothing to do with the Blizzard campaigns in many areas. At the same time, I think this will be my best, and longest custom campaign. So, whether or not I can finish it by July-August is still unknown. But I will do my utmost to make it good.

Last edited:
Level 28
That is a lovely shade of lilac Arthas is sporting.

General:
Frostmourne tooltip:
* "fighting ranged units" -> "fighting flying units"
* "control," -> "control."
Cloak of Shadows tooltip is missing a linebreak. Also "broke" -> "broken".
Maye use Arthas' non-Undead voice, since he apparently isn't evil.
Arthas' Unholy Aura doesn't affect allied forces.

Intro: The first few lines and Arthas' first lines should be separated. And maybe use "mind" instead of "ear" when talking about the disembodied voice.

First mission:
Loading screen: "place of dwelling" -> "camp"
Banshee's owner has no name. Banshees should also remain unclaimed until the dialogue is over.
Yellowish troll enemy (SE of starting position) has no name.
Sylvanas, Muradin, both Night Elf and Fel Orc forces have no name (Come on, man. Every time?).
Plotwise, why doesn't Arthas volunteer to help against the fel orcs (the people preventing him from reaching the ships in the first place) so the Night Elves won't attack him? And why would the Night Elves be hostile to him if his troops look exactly like Sylvanas'?
Sylvanas uses her lumber gathering ghouls in her attacks.
Allied attack waves are random: one wave had Sylvanas, casters, abominations and meat wagons, one wave had a ghoul and two crypt fiends.
Creeps should be removed from the main paths, it just looks stupid when you're fighting creeps that ignore your allies for no reason.
Rescueable forces aren't guarded.
Rescue dialogue:
* "Undead Necromancer:" -> "Necromancer:"
* "a single follower" -> "any of my followers"
Frog: Ooooookay. Is there a pun I'm missing in there?
"The ranger woman is starting to vex me greatly" =/= "I grow tired of these dryads". Also, that was the first time I ran into the Night Elves (as their base doesn't send attack waves), maybe play the "it's an ambush" dialogue the first time you run into them and the "I grow tired" one the second time.
Faceless Disciples run when attacked.
"What are these monsters doing?" works, but it feels inappropriate if they're not doing anything. Maybe "What are these monsters doing here?" instead.
Switched the gate lever before I knew there was a gate, but there should be a clue about where the lever is (and why it's so far away).
Bridges should use broken bridge doodads instead of deactivated.
Have all instances of the Night Elves talking subtitled (including those that lead to Arthas commenting on them) or just use (Night elf language), but not both.
Had my shade scouting the area where elves and orcs are fighting, where he somehow got took huge damage and got killed. There might be a "damage all units in area" trigger in effect.
"these green-skinned brutes" -> fighting red and brown-skinned orcs -> And that's how we learned that night elves are colorblind.
Chaos Knight transmission: Arthas' line has no sender, and Savage should not be capitalized.

Last edited:
Level 29
My review

Prologue:
-No problem found

First Chapter
-Many units lack names and Team's name
-In the cinematic with Sylvanas, Arthas stays at the gate of her base
-"fighting ranged units, our attacks become ranged"?

Second Chapter
-Give a name to this chapter
-Kel'Thuzad's abilities are a little... generic.

Interlude
-The Lich King talks too fast
-Arthas joined the Scourge too quickly in my opinion

Fourth Chapter
-What difference is there on Creep Trolls and normal Trolls?

I will continue my review on another day.

Overall
-I like giant maps so naturally I like these maps, though they are kind of too big as we have to walk a lot between objectives
-Noth's abilities are good in my opinion, though a pity the other heroes have only one or two original abilities
-I like that the undead characters are sympathetic in their own way. Most of them do not enjoy doing what they do, but they know it is hopeless to resist and learnt to deal with it. That makes them more sympathetic and relatable than most their canon counterpats.
-Could you please explain which items combine because I tried and found none.

Send my thanks to Flower Fairy for making this campaign!

Last edited:
Level 28
^ Combining items: The first one is along the eastern edge of the map in the first mission, the second one is along the northern edge in the second mission.

I didn't get the bug where Arthas stays outside.

General:
Anub'arak's Dig Shift should go faster and show him digging into the ground at the start of the spell instead of channeling.
Stalker's Shadow: Maybe have a way to toggle invisibility, since it cancels auras.

Second mission:
Loading screen and intro: "frozen mainland" -> I think you mean "frozen wasteland". Or "frozen continent"?
Intro: "eek" -> "eke"
Either group of murlocs should trigger Arthas' comment instead of just the top one.
Line/subtitle dissonance when first facing the humans.
Quest should be updated when one base is destroyed.
AI failure: Took out the NW base first, and the SE base attack destroyed my towers on their side. Then they left, and the next time I saw them they were taking the north path to the other base, and after that they kept running units somewhere, making them easy to kill.
How much damage does Bran's Cluster Rockets do?
End cutscene: "maintain adopt" -> one or the other.

Level 29
The second part of my review

Fourth Chapter
-I think there are more fitting models avaiable for some of the ice troll units.
-Drakkari trolls are larger than regular trolls. They are eight feet tall.
-Considering who Drakuru was in canon, he should be a warrior-type hero instead of a priest.
-All trolls should have passive faster regeneration (like Troll Headhunters) since all trolls have it

Fifth Chapter:
-I don't like the map. While this mission is to be a landfall, there should be some lines of defense. In the coast some small bases and more inland the bases where the commanders are. In a tactical perspective, having your base of operations right next to the coast is a very bad move.
-Why do they have their fleets only on the coast rather than forming lines of defense to prevent the Scourge from reaching the land?
-It is kind of heartwarming the friendship between the undead commanders. They provided Arthas with the chance to talk with Sylvanas and when he failed, they tried in their own way to comfort him.

Sixth Chapter:
-The enemy bases are too generic. They stand on a rectangular-like area and are somewhat equally distant of each other, instead of having some closer to others. Plus, since this is their land, shouldn't they have more bases spreaded across the map?
-Why only Sylvanas takes an important role? Muradin is apparently killed offscreen without any important role.
-It would be more realistic if the creeps also attacked our enemies instead of just us.
-Arthas should have showed more remorse in killing Sylvanas, as he would have understood her situation.

Level 23
Sylvanas, Muradin, both Night Elf and Fel Orc forces have no name (Come on, man. Every time?).
I forgot the fel orcs + sylvanas/muradin were in this campaign. All the other names of the other units should be there. The missing team names should only be for the first map, all the rest have them. Of course, they will all be corrected/ added in the next version.

Send my thanks to Flower Fairy for making this campaign!
I am guessing she will read the comments herself. Writing thanks to the author of the campaign is a good habit, more people should follow your example.

Level 28
^ Yeah. Try skeletons. Lots and lots of skeletons.

So of course my computer crashed before I'd saved the new comments. Here's some of them (most of the language ones will have to wait).

General:
Need passive icons: Life Steal, Poison Bite, Magic Suppression Aura and Dark Protection. Judging from the trend, I'd say every Soul Palace upgrade needs a passive icon.
Most of the insults are pretty lackluster. "You're going to die!" "No you are!"
Troll priests (and dark shamans) should have caster tooltips.
Troll hut (from the troll worker) has no tooltip.
Scroll of the Sage doesn't mention its manacost.
No regular summons and a single interrupt for all the heroes?
Abyss Gate and its skeletons use Pocket Factory and Clockwerk Goblin timers.
Maybe give combining items a different text color (both the item and the tooltip).

Third mission:
The lever in the room after the way gate is too hard to see, it should be moved.
"Have we left the underground region" -> "Are we still underground?" and "mainland" -> "outside"
handmade -> maybe planted instead, otherwise it sounds like those are fake trees.
Nadox is undead.
Why are there two ghost thrones?

Fourth mission:
Intro: "the strong eat the the weak" -> "the strong eating the weak"
Why the creep trolls? Why not make them part of the green forces or make them tuskarr?
Gargoyles should have more guards, by the time I got to them I'd killed every base.
Okay, so Malakk just ate a god, but I don't think that justifies his having chain spells, Stampede (without any interrupting spells), 2 different summons, and healing himself back to full whenever he feels like it. At least put mercenary camps who have frost bolt or something.

Last edited:
Level 28
Look for a lever by the south wall (while turning the camera to the side).

General:
Crypt Vanguard has no timer name.
If the Vanguards aren't actually falling, the spell should be called Death From Below.
Nightmare should be a targeted ability, an caster-centered AoE is only useful on melee casters (or have a much bigger range).
Aybss Gate skeletons seem to die when past a certain range of the gate (so there's plenty left on the timers), is that normal?
Kobold God Stone doesn't show cooldown or manacost.

Fifth mission:
Intro: [word/word]: use one or the other.
Persuasion quest: "dodge a bullet" isn't the right expression here. Maybe "remove a major obstacle" or similar.
Good map, but needs more undead shipyards/the ability to build more.
End cutscene: Arthas' last two lines should be switched around.

Interlude:
"costal" -> "coastal"

Sixth mission:
Intro: "have have" -> "have"
Yeah, no. This mission could have been fun, but they just throw wave after wave at your laughable defenses with no time to build up. And how the supposed refugees sending so many people?
"great effective" -> "very effective"
Thunderlizard Diamond dropped by the Death Revenant (eastern edge of the map) has no name and no tooltip.
Undead Warriors could use a better model.
End cutscene:
* "group" is used twice in the same sentence. Also it doesn't really fit the situation, maybe something about exchanging liberty for slavery.
* "our humiliating" -> "how humiliating"
* So Arthas hits Sylvanas and she... runs off. Is that supposed to happen?
* Arthas killed Muradin? Why wasn't that a cutscene?

Last edited:
Level 29
Seventh Chapter
-"Scourge"
-Malfurion told those refugees to alert that the undead have returned. Don't you mean 'Scourge' since Sylvanas' faction are also undead?
-Since our goal is to wipe out the Fugitives, why do we only need to kill Malfurion?
-Arthas says that the artifacts are from Lordaeron, but the quest says that it is Archimonde's. So they belonged to who?
-Why one of the Abominations has an upgrade, which by the way we don't have access, and the others don't?
-These Night Elves don't fight like Night Elves should. They are just standing there in their bases waiting for us to attack, like if they weren't expecting us. There should be hidden forces ready to ambush us spreaded across the map
-The Demon Hunter of the brown faction has no name
-'Sacred Essence' item has no description
-In the artifact room there is a book that says only '+3'
-Malfurion is a piece of work. He only sent some of his forces to aid Sylvanas, then in this mission he goes all self-rightseous towards Arthas, never mind that he could have aided more and only decided to act after Arthas destroyed his forces and reached his chambers

Eighth Chapter
-As one well-versed in Warcraft lore, I find hilarious to see Aiden Perenolde as a good guy. Edit: Never mind. He is a bastard in every timeline
-Beve Perenolde is both blonde and a mage, at least in canon.
-If you make some units follow QWER hotkeys, then you should make all follow it too (the same to future missions)
-Make the icon positions for upgrades fixed (the same to future missions)
-In the Plague Bringer description, the abilities' names should start with capital letters (the same to future missions)
-In the final cinematic, for some reason Mara and Alexandros keep walking and therefore Darion stands there talking to himself
-In the final cinematic, after Alexandros dies, it says 'Mission Upgradde: you recruited two Frost Wyrms' and then 'Mission Complete: Preparations'

Nineth Chapter
-Eagle units have no name
-Giant Stitches' description should have abilities started with capital letters
-The Lich King's voice is too low to be heard correctly
-If Arthas already said that the Lich King was in danger, so why would Anub'arak have the necessity to repeat it?
-Instead of going in waves, the Alliance seems to enjoy going all Leeroy Jenkins and came all from one direction only, making it easier to defend Kel'Thuzad.
-After defeating the first Alliance wave, came no other. Apparently all the Alliance high command decided to come and all died. If this is true, then they truly deserved to be wiped out by the Scourge

Tenth Chapter
-These cultists remind me a lot of certain religions that is all about 'spreading their God's name' and 'bring peace and prosperity' while at the same time killing those they saw as heathens. I am a Catholic and nonetheless I realize this hypocrisy
-These villains are idiots. They basically reach our heroes, tell them who they are, what their goals are and then leave without a fight
-I can't reach neither the tuskarr that are in the northern corner nor the blue dragons in the island in the center
-Undead should be immune to Sleep
-Having both factions purple-colored is kind of confusing

Eleventh Chapter
-I had to destroy all buildings to complete the mission, which is kind of annoying.

Final Cinematic
-Wow. Who would have guessed this plot twist?
-I guess the others welcomed the king with open arms considering that their lives were screwed up by the former Lich King

Wow. Flower Fairy had a lot of anger boiling up and it all came to surface! :eek::eek:

Overall:
-I liked the maps, though some were too large for my taste
-The plot was good. The part where the campaign to destroy Stormwind had to be halted because of the new threat was quite a plot twist.
-I liked the characters, though they could have more custom-made abilities. It was also a pity that we only controlled four heroes throughout the campaign. I wish we could have played with Rivendare and Sindragosa.
-As a huge fan of the Scourge, I liked playing with them. Arthas, Anub'arak and Kel'Thuzad are some of my favorite characters, so naturally I liked playing with them.

Overall, I give a 4/5 to this campaign! Good job Flower Fairy!:thumbs_up: :infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 28
Seventh mission:
Loading screen: "jittery"?
Intro:
* "we sent we killed" -> "we sent were killed"
* "war" is used twice in the same sentence.
* "region" is used twice in the same sentence.
Brown Demon Hunter has no name.
Level 8 Gnoll creep has no name.
Sacred Essence's tooltip is just a number.
Tome in the SW corner's name and tooltip is +3.
Selecting several Abominations shows they don't have "giant stitches" researched. Also, "giant stitches"? Really?
Mutant Sludge and Mutated Sludge means the same thing.
One of the night elf bases dropped a Tome of Retraining.
Some green-tinted walls can be walked through.
"Pathetic wretches" has no sender.
Boss fight: Another one that just sends waves at you.
* Why the hell is Malfurion invulnerable for most of the bossfight? And why are his reinforcements teleported in all at once with no warning?
The first part of the mission is good. The bossfight onwards is not.

Interlude:
"resurged -> returned"
Mara is still talking as the camera cuts to Arthas and Noth.

Eighth mission:
Intro: "loss" -> "losses"
Why yes, I do love getting hit by two humongous armies at the same time!
There are several forces with the same name and color, so the "destroy all X bases" requirement is unclear.
No combining items on this map?
End cutscene:
* "righteousness is" -> "righteousness in"
* Okay, three times I've gone through this cinematic, and every single time something goes wrong: Either Mara runs off somewhere else right at the beginning, or Alexandros does (which leads to exciting music playing over empty landscapes with undead creatures appearing and just leaving) or both do (which leaves Darion talking to the voices in his head). I thought it was because I'd left iseedeadpeople on, but Mara ran off anyway even when this wasn't the case.
* Why is Darion so small? Even if he's a teenager, he shouldn't be half the height of the other two.
* The ghoul eating Alexandros is positioned wrong, he's turning his back to the corpse.

Last edited:
Level 28
Chaplain caster tooltip is missing its spells.
Enemy players should not share the colors and names.

Ninth mission:
The base should not just pop into existence like that.
Oh goody, another simultaneous 4-on-1.
The first time I played, I got responses from Wrynn and Mara before the second part of the map. The second time they spoke after it started.

Interlude: Zakaaj's last transmission has no sender.

Tenth mission:
Loading screen: wad -> was
This one was actually fun... and then the AI noticed I was having fun and sent 6 dragons, 2 heroes (each of which can summon several of their own units) and around 40 units.
Maybe have some red-skinned orcs to show that these are the fels from earlier.
Cult names need an overhaul:
* Using "religious" doesn't convey the right meaning. Especially for the dragons.
* Harassment is too weak a term.
* Doom bringer -> Doom Bringer
Is the Ring of the Archmagi on this level meant to be combined with the earlier one? Neither mentioned combining.
How are you supposed to reach the tuskarr and blue dragons?
End cutscene: "time chat" -> "time to chat"

Eleventh mission: This was the best level yet. Challenging, but I didn't have to reload (or rage quit) a single time.
The scoreboard reads (null). The number of obelisks should not be in purple, it's hard to see against the background.
The obelisks should be revealed in the fog.
Obelisk selection text:
* NEw -> New
* Lick -> Lich
* The ability with the Pillage icon has no tooltip and no name.
* Dark Summoning tooltip has no name.
Fountain is not revealed in Fog of War.
Dragon Egg tooltip doesn't mention the agility boost.
Rivendare doesn't join in the last battle?

Epilogue:
* Arthas should be dismounted during the first part of the cutscene.
* "call him Archimonde for that was" -> "call him Archimonde, for that was"
* Personally, I feel the dramatic twist comes out of nowhere. Maybe have it give Arthas a normal self-heal ability throughout the campaign, so it actually serves a purpose?
* ... Is he seriously quoting Arthas Menethil's last words to Terenas? That is awesomely evil.

Afternote: ... Hoo boy. Same as the previous ones (and I foresee the same kind of modifications for approval as the previous ones): you have issues, fine, but broadcasting complaints is not the way to do it. Don't feed the trolls.

Overall, good plot, good music, waiting for the next one.

Other campaign-wide issues:

Spells:
* No normal summons, and only one stun.
* Anub'arak's Dig Shift takes too long for a Blink. Maybe make it a Burrow Charge that deals knockback instead?
* Noth needs better spells. I can't say his aura is all that useful, maybe replace it with a stun or summon? Same for Kel'thuzad's Frost Armor. Nightmare could be useful, but it should be targeted instead of self-centered.
Terrain is good, RPG missions are good, but the RTS missions and bossfights desperately need to be something other than a test of how many enemies your computer can handle before it crashes.
Enemy forces have way too many AoE/multishot spells.

Back in the third mission:
"The traitor… cannot be allowed to die well." Not sure what he means by die well.

Fourth mission:
"You and your compared" What?
"kids" -> "children"

Last edited:
Level 23
Ok, the language/error mistakes will be fixed. There were 3 non-language related issues mentioned above:
1)Strange camera at the end of the Plague mission
2)"Arthas" not walking to "Sylvanas" during the cutscene in the first mission
3)"Sylvanas" not dying after "Arthas" kills her.

#1 first was something I encountered on the original (1.24 patch) version, so it is probably not a problem with the conversion tool( changing from 1.24 - 1.29+).
#2 and #3 did not occur on the 1.24 version. If they have occurred because of the conversion tool, that is very unfortunate, but there is no way to fix real problems caused by the conversion tool because of the way the tool is designed.

#2 is not even a big issue, but hopefully #3 does not cause players to think "Sylvanas" escapes/runs away instead of dying.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Feels like you started multiple campaigns taken from Chinese sites. Why don't you stick to only one and finish it ?

Level 23
Feels like you started multiple campaigns taken from Chinese sites. Why don't you stick to only one and finish it ?
I am assuming based on your (ignorant) reply you did not bother reading the descriptions of the maps.

These campaigns belong to the respective authors:
Flower Fairy- "Lonely Nightstar", "Crimson Tides", "Evil Resurgent".
Cf Xingkong - "Wrath of the Nature Elves".

There is nothing to "finish". The whole reason to bring them over is to share them in the exact same way they are presented in their original forms. Nothing should be "fixed"--- the idea that there is anything wrong with the campaigns is insulting to the original creators. These authors (flower fairy + Cf Xingkong) have already been really brave to allow another person they do not know to post their campaigns on their behalf--- how would they feel if that person made changes to "fix problems"? There are not even any "problems" with the campaigns.

The only things that should ever be changed are issues caused by the converter tool from YDWE---Standard World Editor (if possible), plus language/grammar mistakes.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

1 - I wasn't ignorant. I was actually interested in your stuff, WAS, but thanks to your attitude, it's over.
2 - If you keep talking like this to people interested in your projects, they will soon forget about you.

Enjoy your day!

Level 23
1 - I wasn't ignorant. I was actually interested in your stuff, WAS, but thanks to your attitude, it's over.
2 - If you keep talking like this to people interested in your projects, they will soon forget about you.

Enjoy your day!
But you are still ignorant, since in both of your points you refer to them as "my projects/my stuff". I just told you above who they belong to. But don't let logic stop you from frothing with rage on the internet~

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

That seems more like you are not playing on the correct version/patch, as that type of error is a core game error, and not a campaign/map error.
The blight is blight in any kind of warcraft 3 patch.....

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Which one should I be playing on then? I'm on 1.29.2
Dont you understand? No matter what patch you have, the blight is always blight. It is not a problem from your warcraft 3. I think those buildings are not set "only on blight" to be constructed there. Simple fact. Instead of telling you this, he could verify the map itself and check if everything is alright.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Dont you understand? No matter what patch you have, the blight is always blight. It is not a problem from your warcraft 3. I think those buildings are not set "only on blight" to be constructed there. Simple fact. Instead of telling you this, he could verify the map itself and check if everything is alright.

The blight bug still occurs in 24man games with maps above 256x256, and therefore the blight requirement will still be removed from undead buildings until blizzard decides to hotfix this game breaking issue. I once saw someone build 4 necropolis and survive for 2.5 hours in a 4 hour session by repeatedly building and upgrading his necropolis because that was all he could do because of the undead blight bug. He even took 3 island expos by just summoning a necropolis>upgrading it>repairing it untill it can kill creeps.
(excerpt from: Eastern Kingdoms 24 player FFA Edition)

Level 23
Grammar/language errors fixed.

General

Frostmourne Tool tip, Troll Hut tooltip, Thunder Diamond Tooltip/Name, Sacred Essence tooltip, Tome of Knowledge +3 tooltip, chaplain caster tooltip, "Doom Bringer", Defence Aura (Obelisk) name/tooltip, dark summoning (Obelisk) tooltip,

Chapter One

Names for teams, yellow troll name, "necromancer", "any of my followers", Chaos Knight transmission sender, "savage",

Chapter Two

"Frozen Continent", "eke", "adopt",

Chapter Three

"Outside",

Chapter Four

"you and your comrades", "children"

Chapter Five

"Word/word"-fixed,

Interlude

"Coastal"

Chapter Six

"have", "great, effective", "how humiliating", "Lich"

Chapter Seven

"We sent were killed", gnoll creep name, "pathetic wretches"-sender, demon hunter name

Interlude

"Returned"

Chapter Eight

"Losses", "righteousness in",

Interlude

Last intermission sender name

Chapter Ten

"Was", "time to chat"

Chapter Eleven

"Scoreboard", "New", "Lich",

Epilogue

"...Archimonde, for...",

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. -still no cinematic scene skip option
  2. -still fast transmissions no one will get the whole information from; some might not even bother reading
  3. -funny how Arthas commands undead by talking to them instead of using the mind to control them
  4. -weirdly changing Warcraft III story again
  5. -the Abyss Gate has that and does that but what about the skeletons?
  6. -you can see night elf units not engaging with orcs until you come quite close to them
  7. -mostly flat terrain again
  8. -music played as sound during cinematic mode
  9. -no one was guarding the captured undead? Why even capture them instead of destroying them anyway?

1. -you can potentially complete the Furbolg Threat quest without discovering it but you get it when reaching the base (afterwards)
  2. -units/heroes selected during cinematic mode
  3. -crazy fast attacks again
  4. -they are not calling the units they guard the opposite entrance to their base with unless you get near them
  5. -nothing is special about this mission; it's just classic
  6. -still have to destroy each and every building

1. -those fiends were sent by the lich king through locked gates? Let me guess, they dug through solid earth and stone to get there
  2. -getting the reinforcements is too easy

1. -Poisonous Bite has an active ability icon. You can make it look passive with this: Button Manager v1.8.2
  2. -you can get to Malakk before destroying the two bases wholly
  3. -why are Gargoyles important against the Troll King? The only units the trolls have are Bat Riders and those are before Malakk

1. -by the way, weirdly modified spells; it looks like you didn't like or had trouble with Death Pact and Dark Ritual among others
  2. -ships can pass through some ruins placed on water
  3. -you can get Arthas to the Laboratory and scout the map; you can even use Arthas to walk through Sylvanas' and Muradin's bases
  4. -basically Noth's spells are a mix of Shadow Hunter's, Crypt Lord's with changed names and icons; also the aura has an active icon
  5. -it's annoying that you can't choose the levels for the spells you want and you have to start with e.g. 2 2 1.
  6. -they are not sending ships to attack? What about air units, transport ships, zeppelins? OK, they are stuck with all their armies near a shipyard; after destroying their air units near that shipyard, gargoyles started coming to my base but then they stopped again after two attacks
  7. -some of the hero icons like that for Anub'arak and Kel'thuzad are bad or improper
  8. -why doesn't Soul Palace keep the Sacrifice ability since it still has a Set Rally Point?
  9. -Dark Protection has an active ability icon
  10. -the Vanguard crypt fiends/lords/whatever have hero models but they are units so their bodies remain on the ground because they don't have a decay animation
  11. -Noth's Locust Swarm FX is annoying; it blocks battle vision
  12. -anyway, it's a somewhat promising level if executed properly
  13. -the meat wagons in the end scene where having their backs at the guard tower and had to turn

1. -bad level design; fast attacks and building eradicating chimaeras
  2. -Undead Warriors look like normal skeletons. I guess it's intentional that they don't take any food
  3. -it's a nice touch on the night elven techtree, however differentiating them more would have been better
  4. -it's weird that the crypt vanguards who are timed summon permanent units
  5. -I don't remember the humans attacking with their hero
  6. -Crypt Vanguards don't have timed life/summoned unit on the timebar like summoned unit do. It's not a problem
  7. -Kobold Gold Stone does not say how much damage its Thunder Clap deals or how many seconds it stuns. Also, should it not cost any mana?
  8. -always seemed weird how undead and elementals slept at night (BlizzEnt fault)
  9. -Thunder Diamond doesn't say how much damage it deals. Also, no mana cost? Many items don't show the spell cooldown so it would be a good idea to mention it in the description (optional)
  10. -because Arthas had Cloak of Flames, Sylvanas did not die but run away after one hit :D

-too many trees of life in places where they don't quite fit

1. -the researches in the Sacrificial Pit upgrade should keep their positions and not take the places of those which were or are researched
  2. -weapon and armour upgrades do not mention all creatures like the skeletal dragons for example
  3. -you got to be kidding; three armies attacking all at once... make that four. Even on easy, it's impossible to save your base with so many units against you especially air ones and siege engines; the units you need for preparation are not enough and frankly are bad and the zombies are cannon fodder
  4. -enemy hawks have no name

1. -invulnerable crates and barrels? Why not find different models for these to differentiate? What treasures? Anyway, killed them before getting a mine
  2. -this level is much like the previous one
  3. -something's very wrong here; someone is healing their heroes very quickly that I can't even kill them (second main quest)
  4. -Kel'thuzad can just do that, open portals like that...?
  5. -Abomination upgrade has hero model (glow+permanent body)
  6. -Plague Bringer training should be under him like with those for the necromancer and banshee; the skeleton upgrades could be placed one under the necromancer and one under the banshee or both put in the Graveyard

1. -the problem is that you might reach their bases instead of the undead base
  2. -why is the enemy the same colour as the player?
  3. -cannot target the Altar of Sin while it is being built until near completion
  4. -because their buildings are quite animated, you can't really tell if they are training or not
  5. -Skeleton Warriors summoned by the Abyss Gate have Clockwerk Goblin on the timed life bar and the Abyss Gate has Pocket Factory
  6. -poor Boss, died by too many clicks on it
  7. -Faceless/Unbroken around a firepit with meat on a rotisserie makes them look too earthly
  8. -there are neutral hostile units on islands or places where you cannot reach with ground units to take the loot (dragons in the middle and tuskarrs in the center north)

1. -didn't that shadowy creature die in a previous campaign?
  2. -why did the enemy not use the Eye of Dawn and hid it!?
  3. -one of the obelisks is not under fog of war like the rest; intentional?
  4. -Arthas freezes animation after getting out of LK's spell
  5. -the cheering is not fitting for monster and undead setting. It's human
Well, the Afternote needs an editor.

Overall, nice ideas but the campaign suffers from a forced story edit (+fast transmissions) and annoyingly pressing AI attacks.

Awaiting Update.