• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Evil Resurgent

full

Important
Important
This campaign was made by Flower Fairy. She is the author of this campaign. The campaign is being posted on HiveWorkShop on her behalf with her express permission.

The campaign was originally posted here:

邪恶重现完整版 - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com

full

Evil Resurgent
Evil Resurgent
This campaign follows Arthas and the undead. This campaign is comprised of 11 playable missions and 8 cinematic missions, and follows the style of the Blizzard campaign with RTS-style missions as well as RPG-style missions.

Due to the conversion tool used to convert the campaign to the standard world editor, it is recommended to play the campaign using the most recent patch.

List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns
List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns

Characters

full
Arthas: In life, he was a paladin of Lordaeron. After being killed by Archimonde, he was turned into a death knight. With Archimonde's death, he regained his freedom. Despite looking like an undead, he is a human on the inside. He believes in his companions, and knows the difference between right and wrong. However, the Lich King marked his soul so as to eat away at his humanity. He became dark and bloodthirsty, though his trust in and loyalty towards the Lich King remained the entire time. The Lich King knows this, and tries in vain to use Arthas as a tool to heal his own wound.

full
Anub'arak: Once a noble of the Nerubian Kingdom, he lost his life fighting the Scourge and was revived. In order to prove himself to the Lich King, he killed his Nerubian clansmen. While his resolve may have once wavered, he knows he is doomed to a bleak future.

full
Kel'Thuzad: He was once a human explorer who was fond of taking risks. While travelling in the polar region, he became friends with the local ice trolls. But fate played a big joke on him, as after he died in the polar region and was revived as a lich, he had no choice but to slay his ice troll friends in order to secure his future. While he may have bemoaned the twists of fate, he knows very well that when people live for profit/interest, they cannot give consideration to emotions.

full
Noth: The plague bringer of the Scourge. He is cold and emotionless. His achievements in regard to research into plagues and elixirs are outstanding. He alone planned the plague attack on Stormwind. He is absolutely loyal to the Lich King, and is the most faithful high-ranking leader of the Scourge.

Screenshots
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full

Credits

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These are the hiveworkshop resources in use, based on the automatic credit generator:
Resources in Use by Evil Resurgent | HIVE

rightfield, miseracord, will the almighty, daelin, kuhneghetz, general frank, norinrad, epion, jetfanginferno, kitabatake, callahan, splashy5, dojo, lord_t, demon boy, bloody_turds, infrenus, dickxunder, champara bros, hawkwing, assasin_lord, hanza-ru, mephestrial, quech, noypi, thrikodius, supertoinkz, cavman, sellenisko, just_spectating, rama462, proxy, -grendel, peekay, sin'dorei300, wandering soul, power, shyrony, whitedeath, jesushipster, ujimasa hojo, andrewoverload519, eubz, nightskyaurora, kimbo, whitewolf8, kangyun, reflex, horusrogue, darkholme, frlky, 67chrome, daenar7, mc !, link_iceblader, kyzerdrood32, darkfang, crazyrussian, cloudwolf, viiva, bigapple90, mr,goblin, palaslayer, inhuman89, nfwar, hellx-magnus, orthon, m0rbid, zbc, nelsonlaje, marcos DAB, heinvers, ~nightmare, solu9, edge45, murlocologist, ghostthruster, miseracord, taurer, kwaliti, takakenji, proxy, hexus, andrewoverlord519, hawkwing, joysoy, afronight_76, darkholme, kadzhamit, blizzard entertainment, evilwart-dragon, viiva, frlkY, orthon, naserkingarthas, kangyun, sxar, murlocologist, hyunrai, tranquil, princeyaser,

Special Thanks

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These people helped in various ways in bringing the campaign to hiveworkshop.
Ghostwolf- YDWE conversion tool, Quinten- map description title picture, Deepstrasz- various things, Naruto- helping contact the author, Tuwnew- map template.

Change Log

H-ER-v0.041- Initial Upload

H-ER-v0.044-
General

Frostmourne Tool tip, Troll Hut tooltip, Thunder Diamond Tooltip/Name, Sacred Essence tooltip, Tome of Knowledge +3 tooltip, chaplain caster tooltip, "Doom Bringer", Defence Aura (Obelisk) name/tooltip, dark summoning (Obelisk) tooltip,

Chapter One

Names for teams, yellow troll name, "necromancer", "any of my followers", Chaos Knight transmission sender, "savage",

Chapter Two

"Frozen Continent", "eke", "adopt",

Chapter Three

"Outside",

Chapter Four

"you and your comrades", "children"

Chapter Five

"Word/word"-fixed,

Interlude

"Coastal"

Chapter Six

"have", "great, effective", "how humiliating", "Lich"

Chapter Seven

"We sent were killed", gnoll creep name, "pathetic wretches"-sender, demon hunter name

Interlude

"Returned"

Chapter Eight

"Losses", "righteousness in",

Interlude

Last intermission sender name

Chapter Ten

"Was", "time to chat"

Chapter Eleven

"Scoreboard", "New", "Lich",

Epilogue

"...Archimonde, for...",

H-ER-v0.044C- Censored parts of "Afternote" with permission from Flower Fairy.
H-ER-v0.044CC- fixed buff tooltip for Crypt Vanguard, added name for Sky Eagle unit.

Contents

Evil Resurgent (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
That was a fast one. Changes made, Approved. (review: Evil Resurgent)
Level 3
Flower Fairy is a Senior high school student .She is very busy.And I support her Campaign.

Level 15
I got a question - how do u guys deal with the map where u have to attack and kil Malak who just ate an animal god? In the start u have 1 hero, quite weak and u get attacked by insane numbers of units all the time, from both directions and with heroes. U have basically no frontline units (abominations are disabled for some reason). Why does this have to be so hard ? Every enemy AI is just constantly sending huge attack waves. When can u move out?

Level 1
Your campaign is very enjoyable,your first campain is what I like the most because the Maive 'that' secret

but

There are one thing that I getting bored about your campaign is so many destroy enemy base mission

I hope you will not make Maive die

DSI

DSI

Level 1
when is the Thrall campaign done i really want to play it ! i am so excited !plus i want to know if maiev is in it!keep up the good work!peace:))

Level 3
1) The first mission is probably one of the best in my opinion. Not only does it create a sense of continuity among the campaigns (the setting is during the end of the night elf campaign, so it feels connected, like its all part of the same series), but it is fun to watch the AI fight another AI without the player needing to interfere. It is one of the most unique missions in flower fairy's campaigns.

2) Mission 2 was a good introduction RTS mission.

3) In the Nerubian mission, there was one lever that was incredibly hard to see. Also, the end boss fight is quite hard on insane.

4) The troll mission is probably one of the hardest. This is because you get the weakest solo hero (Kel'Thuzard) against masses of troll bases. The Gargoyle quest I think is not useful, since there is no unit in the troll army it can kill easily. If the gargoyle was introduced in the first mission against the humans, I think it would make more sense, since the air ships have fortified armour, so the normal melee attack of gargoyles is the best weapon against them.

Also, the end boss is extremely hard to kill unless you have 100 food of necromancers/meat wagons. Any other unit is useless, since you need range units + mass skeleton summons to win that fight.

5) The ship mission is interesting. I liked the design of it, allowing you to explore the map before your enemies become your enemies. Water terrain always makes maps look so beautiful, so I enjoyed this one a lot.

6) I enjoyed in the 6th mission how Noth had some dialogue about the zombies. It foreshadowed the plague mission very well.

7) The plague mission is probably my favourite of all the missions in this campaign. Using the zombies to flood/smash the other 4 human bases was extremely fun. A very unique mission design.

8) The final mission against the humans was good, but the guard towers protecting the city in the north had far too much HP. It took forever to kill them. Also, it would be nice to have a warning that the 2nd part of the mission was a defence mission. If I knew this, I would have mined more gold before completing the first part.

9) I liked have the faceless ones as enemies. It was a good choice of enemy for the undead. Also I liked how it showed their heroes early in the campaign (they were just watching us), and then at the end of the campaign we understand their true purpose.

10) The final RTS mission of the undead campaign was great! The only thing I comment on is I wish the ally AI would send more men to attack instead of 4-5 ghouls. Also, they normally ended up attacking the obelisks instead of the undead bases, since the obelisks were closer.

The ending had a good plot twist. I enjoyed the character development of Arthas in this, as he slowly became evil. At the start he even cared about rescuing the captured undead in mission 1 (side quest). At the end, he becomes an evil creature. Was really good! I also want to mention 2 things.

A) I enjoyed the dialogue between the evil human hero and his daughter. It provided really good character development for him, and I hope we see him again in the future.

B) I am concerned about the Dalaran forces helping the humans in the last attack wave while you defend Kel'Thuzad. Because now, He Xiaoshu (blood elves/dalaran) has relationship with the humans, as well as the orcs (from the 2nd campaign) and the night elves (because of Maiev). If all the "good" races are all allied, it makes it harder to develop the story with realistic conflicts, since the good characters all team together to fight "evil".

Anyway, really enjoyed this campaign, but I missed the strong ally AI from the night elf campaign/blood elf campaign. I really hope in the 4th campaign, Flower Fairy has more great AI allies :D.

Level 29
The ending had a good plot twist. I enjoyed the character development of Arthas in this, as he slowly became evil. At the start he even cared about rescuing the captured undead in mission 1 (side quest). At the end, he becomes an evil creature. Was really good! I also want to mention 2 things.

It is like in 'Arthas Rise of the Lich King' book. Arthas at first cared about his undead followers, until 'Legacy of the Damned' when he starts losing his control over them and realizes that most of his 'subjects' would betray him if given the chance, so he stops seeing them as subjects and simply as cannon fodder. The only undead he actually trusted was Kel'Thuzad.

Same here. Most of Arthas' fellow commanders didn't join the Scourge on their own volition.

A) I enjoyed the dialogue between the evil human hero and his daughter. It provided really good character development for him, and I hope we see him again in the future.

What character development? That guy stayed selfish till the end.

It really shows that no matter what universe, Aiden Perenolde is a self-serving and deceitful snake. A pity that his daughter Beve doesn't share her counterpat's disdain towards her father and desire to remove him from power, and she would have told King Varian the truth.

B) I am concerned about the Dalaran forces helping the humans in the last attack wave while you defend Kel'Thuzad. Because now, He Xiaoshu (blood elves/dalaran) has relationship with the humans, as well as the orcs (from the 2nd campaign) and the night elves (because of Maiev). If all the "good" races are all allied, it makes it harder to develop the story with realistic conflicts, since the good characters all team together to fight "evil".

Let's be honest, most of these factions are weakened and will take years to recover. The Kingdom of Stormwind especially because they just sent most of their top commanders against the undead and I am not sure if either survived.

Meanwhile the Scourge gets stronger with each new avaiable corpse, which they now have lots to spare. The Nerubians, the Trolls, Survivors of Lordaeron, Sylvanas' undead, the Night Elven Forces on Lordaeron, the Kingdom of Stormwind, the forces of Dalaran and the Cult have lost troops to them and now all of these fallen belong to the Scourge

Level 9
The campaign is fine, but as a student of literature I was disappointed by the deus ex machina ending...The Stone suddenly saves Arthas like a Greek Demigod in ancient plays.

Level 5
Well. I must admit that i got tired playing this campaign. It's controversial in a lot of ways.
(Some examples...Great custom features for items, amazing upgrades but unusuable as most of the units
cant hold for more than 1 sec in order to micro play. Most of the dialagues are naive and lack of storytelling)
To conclude A lot of good but also a lot of boring features and totally unbalanced in my opinion.
I must say that the bad are overwelming.
I played it in easy mode to expedite it but still so much spamming out of nowhere.
And some of the opponent heroes are unkillable especially late game maps ....even in easy mode. Pfff
My destain comes as a result of being tired after i spent all this time and i actually
forgot the good work that you put in to it.
Iam sorry to say that i didnt enjoy it this campaign

Level 4
I played the campaign in hard mode and to be honest it misses a lot of stuff.
the most hilarious part when all enemy bases gathers all troops and make it to my humble small base:ogre_hurrhurr:. and im like bruh what is this shit:goblin_jawdrop: and all i can do is actually use (warpten)cmooon it's cool right? :goblin_boom:
overall i enjoyed it so much and the epilogue was gonna make me cry because i don't want to have a bad ending after all this.

Level 10
This is also a very good campaign. Again, I have a big issue with the balance in this game. I don't like the idea of getting overwhelmed by an army of 400 food whenever I attack someone. The difficulty needs some rework.
Regarding the story, I have an issue since this is the third campaign. Sargeras shouldn't have died in the previous campaign. It kind of downplays the rest of the villains including the emergence of the current one. Also, for some reason, every map has 4-5 enemy bases. Why am I always overwhelmed with the minions of the main general of the enemy? Then in the cinematic, you don't feel rewarded for what you did, cuz those who beat were just minions and then should be ready for another empire of minions and so on and so forth.
Overall, very good campaign and an enjoyable run. 4/5

Level 2
I completely adore this campaign and Flower Fairy other campaigns. I wanted to ask how could I find her/contact her to gratulate her on campaign personally?

Level 3
Level 7
i apologize for the bumping, but i wanted to send my thanks to flower fairy's dedicated and creative work. as well as the terrific translation done by tulee . may the muse never dull. dont falter. :) loved the story telling and the various emotions both by the character development in game. as well as fairy's. it is 1 heck of a passion. i have not had the chance to do so on previous works.

Level 6
Hello, I'm at the plague chapter and I just want to ask about something gameplay-wise. The way that the AI moves and sends attack waves at you is somewhat unbalanced. Or so I think? I mean I don't know if they're supposed to go at me like that. Every single unit that the enemy has goes at you like a tsunami, and literally they empty out their whole bases just to attack me all at the same time. Am I experiencing some kind of bug or glitch? Or is it really meant to be like that?
But, if they are meant to go at you like that. Is there some kind of wonder strategy to win the mission? I can't see how I can defend myself against 4 enemy regiments when they go 100 food capacity at me all at the same time. Any tip or info helps :)

Level 13
For now, of the first 3 parts, I liked this one the most, although here too I got the feeling that some of these maps are very familiar to me.
As far as I can remember from the first 2 parts Arthas was shown 1 or 2 times in cutscenes in part 1 and once at the end of part 2. And now how did this person during that time become a Death Knight to lead a part of the Undead and start hearing voices in the third part? Should I turn to the classic Warcraft story? (or) At the end of this campaign, the Lich King (perhaps provides the answer to this riddle) was saying some things to him while "pumping" him, but out of 4 lines of text, I managed to get with great effort and only sometimes to the end of the second line, and during the entire campaign, text of 2 lines, I could only read the first row. It's true that I read slowly because English is not my native language, but who would dispute the fact that the letters of the movie go fast? People who can read 4 lines of text in 2 seconds don't count. So, on average, out of these 3 parts of the story, I have only been able to understand a maximum of the first two lines. I don't know who to thank for this - the translator or the creator, so I thank both.

The new thing that has become a tradition here is the negative Afternote, for which I am happily grateful that the text goes quickly and the opportunity to Skip (at last) at the very first moment when I realized that there will be only negativity again. Why should a piece of art be used as a platform to air your problems and negativity instead of simply saying "Despite the many difficulties that befell me during the creation of this campaign I managed to finish it in a year. I really enjoyed working on her and even sometimes I didn't sleep for 24 hours because I also had to go to school. I was most consumed by the work on the characters themselves, etc. etc. etc. I hope you enjoyed the campaign at least half as much as I did to me because that would mean you had a lot of fun with her." We are all involved enough on this planet with our own difficulties to take on additional ones. No one will deny that a positive Afternote fits better in the campaign, creates additional enjoyment of the game and most importantly: Positive makes you spontaneously become emotionally open while Negative makes you spontaneously instantly withdraw. I recommend Trash Metal and Old School Black Metal to achieve inner balance after you don't like meditation. And you live in the Mecca of spirituality (I mean the entire eastern part of the Asian continent).

OR

put a suitable musical background in these Afternotes. This one, in my opinion, fits them and the campaign perfectly
Ritual Day (施教日) - Cursed Land | Chinese Black Metal - YouTube

to make them more real, impactful and authentic, and in the end to turn the Afternotes into art at the same time EXTRA Original and not to sound like a simple complaint. Play this song imagine yourself as disappointed now as you were then and read your own notes to this background music. You agree with me right?

For this campaign played on 1.30 I would say:

• much easier than the previous two. There are three levels in a row in the middle of the campaign that made me tense, but then the game became even easier: the moment you get the dragons. After that point (and up to this point where it was possible Meat Wagons + Necromancers + an ocean of skeletons) , I hardly had to train any other units.
  • monotonous background music but at the expense of that I really enjoyed listening to it. I also really liked the background music of the Bosses.
  • interesting and powerful items and the new thing here is that some of them can be combined into one.
  • the terrain and campaign in general of part 1 and part 3 seem more varied and interesting to me. Or maybe I just don't like Outland.
  • Nice and interesting game on Normal difficulty which I can't say about the previous 2 parts where on Easy difficulty it was uninterestingly easy and on Normal it was a real nightmare in places.

Rock On but positively.

Last edited:
Level 4
Last year when i play evil resurgent i found some bullshit thing.
After mission 6 when enemy attack your base with all of units and in 1 mission enemy have 3-4 base, that made me lose by can't do anything. I don't have enough time to train unit or build tower.
Did the update version fix enemy attack wave

Level 13
Last year when i play evil resurgent i found some bullshit thing.
After mission 6 when enemy attack your base with all of units and in 1 mission enemy have 3-4 base, that made me lose by can't do anything. I don't have enough time to train unit or build tower.
Did the update version fix enemy attack wave

No and In my opinion, you should not expect such an amendment. That would take away a lot of the charm of the game. It also applies to the four parts of the campaign.

Level 4
No and In my opinion, you should not expect such an amendment. That would take away a lot of the charm of the game. It also applies to the four parts of the campaign.
Last time I play this campaign when game start i bring 4 hero to attack enemy base before enemy train unit. Then leave some building behind and export the map.
That is the only way to win

Last edited: