1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Role Playing Game] EmberCraft - Total Conversion ARPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Quilnez, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

• ABOUT •

EmberCraft is a total-conversion isometric ARPG map. The project aims to bring the quality of industry level ARPG games into a Warcraft 3 map. It promises enjoyable monster slaying experience with flashy special effects and fully-fledged top down action mechanism.

• FEATURES •

1. Classes
    Select from 2* classes each with unique specialization and 3 skill-sets to combine to your liking.

2. Dungeons
    Dwell into randomly-generated dungeons filled with vicious monsters and other threats. Clear out the dungeon and slay almighty bosses waiting at the end of every stage*.

3. Pets
    Collect pets, train, and gear'em up to make them stronger! Utilize your pet to help in battle, carry stuffs, and sell goods back at the town when you are out adventuring!

4. Co-op Multiplayer
    Bring your friends to help you eradicate those monsters! The game difficulty will be adjusted based on how many players playing. The map is fully playable both in single player and multiplayer mode!

5. Item System
    Collect rare weapons and armors, insert mystical gems, and upgrade each gear to strengthen your character!

6. Others
    The map supports tons of features required to make an excellent RPG and to enhance player's experience!

• MEDIA •

• UPDATE LOG •

• • •

Created by
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  2. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Join our discord!
    [​IMG]

We will share the map's development progress here. As we will let the main thread sink down until the map is fully developed.

Let's start with something.
    We are currently improving the visual quality yet again by incorporating fancy local lights and simple day/night cycle. We are also working on a new intro scene and new character creation module.
    ss2.png
    ss1.png

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  3. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    What a pity, that this I think good project does not run on the updated patches.
    I looked at the images, I with will playing.

4. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Intense is a weird quality for items, doubly so because it’s not the best. I would recommend something like moving superior to be 4 (above high) and then calling tier 5 “master”, “masterwork”, “pristine”, “perfect”, “incredible”, “flawless”, or something similar.

Alternatively keep superior at 5 and change intense to “refined”, “improved”, etc.

5. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty impressive looking mechanics and UI. I'll be checking in on this one from time to time. Good luck

6. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Update!

The new intro and character creation scene are almost done! The game now has new logo. And we have added some pets. Player will get a free one at the beginning, but they can obtain a better one mid-game. The console UI has been removed to maximize player's view port as well.

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

The map will run on newer patches. The pics above were taken on 1.30.4.

Thanks! We will look into your suggestions.

Thank you very much.

7. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow you can be a knight with a goat?
    I do not remember seeing any game with that before.(there is probably a mmporpg with that)

8. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    +10 points to gryffondor :)

9. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    We will make "pet collection" a thing in this map. Each pet will have special skill(s) and supportive buff(s). Player will be able to train it, get it better equipment, and make it stronger. At the beginning they will be given a "normal" creature as free pet (dog, elk, snake, etc.), but later they can obtain stronger beasts.

EDIT:
    @everyone: the map presentation will be looking weird for sometimes as I will be reconstructing it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  10. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you have an estimated release date for this version?
    Will the game have other classes? Which are?
    Will have items that will enchant pets? And also for other items?

11. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks amazing. Can't wait to play it!

12. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Added camera shake system to intensify combat experience!
    [​IMG]

Not currently.
    The next version will have new class which is the Archer. We also have other classes planned but that will come later.
    Your pet will have its own inventory and you can equip gears on it. But that will be done later. We are focusing on the core features first before adding extra features.

Thank you so much!

13. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You know wc3 is dead when this does not get attention.

14. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hate very very very very intensely camera shaking during fights.
    It is bad for gameplay(you have an harder time clicking on the right spot for no reason) and reduce visibility and does not feels as improving the experience.
    It have only negative aspects.
    It is basically the game deciding "there is a fight so I will prevent you from seeing it normally and reduce your accuracy by kicking you in the head repetitively even through it does not makes sense that witnessing a fight would kick heads at a range"

15. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I highly disagree.

If you cannot click on a unit while the camera is slightly shaking you have some sort of condition.
    Similarly, if it reduces your vision to the point where it impacts gameplay you have some sort of vision problem.

Of course it does not HELP, but it does increase immersion for the price of a very slight inconvenience. And if you are playing competitively where every microsecond matters I would not want this.
    In every other scenario I would.

Most games with a shake feature has it as optional, that is a easy fix regardless.

16. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    It decrease immersion: in real life watching a fight from far does not kicks you in the head repetitively nor does it makes you shake in any way.
    If it was in first person fight it would make sense to have a shaking camera when you take hits but it does makes negative amounts of sense to have it happen in a third person sight game.
    Also it is not just about clicking on an unit.
    imagine you are trying to fit an aoe on as many units as possible: a shaking camera might make you miss one unit on the borders of the aoe.
    If you want to teleport as far as possible but need to teleport immediately(example: you are on a place that will soon be hit by a massive flame strike and many units are pursuing you) a shaking camera might make a blink close to the limit get beyond the limit(and so your unit walks first and so takes the flamestrike) or you do it safely and so lost significant amounts of blink range in your retreat.(probably around 50 blink range if the shaking adds an incertitude of 20)

Furthermore the more an effect is used the less interesting it is so if it happens in all the fights it becomes boring after less than one hour while if it is used only on special occasions it does not becomes boring as fast (for example if it happens only after you beat a specific boss and you watch the dungeon fall apart quickly(skippable cinematic of course) you are not bored by the effect).

Also shaking camera increase the rate at which the players tire so while after a few minutes it does not makes a difference after a few hours of fighting a shaking camera could make the players significantly more tired.

17. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    if you are kicked hard enough in the head the world will (seem to) shake.
    If a bomb explodes nearby the ground will literary tremble which makes your perception shake due the ground you stand on.

I do not see how this is any different from a camera shake when you cast EARTH QUAKE on Thrall.

If you think of it as the world shaking rather than the camera it makes a lot of sense.

18. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    The difference is that earth quake is a long cool down spell that you usually do not spam.(and I still dislike the shaking on earth quake) and also it does not makes sense to make the entire earth shake just by throwing a blue beam(I mean it looks like an energy attack and such attack normally does not makes the earth shake) and not have a massive disruptive effect on the buildings.
    Also I said that camera shaking on taking hits makes sense in first person but not in third person because in third person you are not the one taking the hits.
    I think that in general effects that makes the earth shake should be effects that have that in their description.

19. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The shake in the preview was caused by critical hit (blue damage text), not by the spell. The spell itself will cause super tiny shake to indicate that it's such a highly intense energy, but definitely much smaller than what's shown in the pic.

20. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Played a lot with lightning today. I have improved the lightning job for both special effects and environmental effects.

Special effects:
    Lightning.gif

Environment:
    Dungeon.png

Not only that, combat voices for monsters have been added to intensify battle experience even more! The basic control has been improved as well (powered by the new natives). And I expect to provide two versions of the map in the future: legacy and original version. Legacy version will allow you to play the map on older patches but with less convenient control. Original version will have all the benefits of the new natives and future WC3 updates.

That's all for now. Stay tuned!