• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Fourberie: Westfall Story

Level 22
but buildings in general retain their uhhh "artifact" in fog of war, no? either you can make them a unit then rotate them then turn them back into a buillding or set their rotation to -1
I agree with you, but in "Westfall Story" your minimap will be mostly limited to some specific locations, so that wouldn't be an issue I think.
Anyway, every time you walk in a new location map, you will apply a black mask. It's intentional, because Moonbrook, for example, will change during story parts.

Level 22
Today is another day, a day of Undead Reckoning...

Ho-ho, my dear reader, and this day, on 25.12.2023, I want to share some news about the current state of "Fourberie: Westfall Story".
That's not a development post I'd promised, but...
I'll try to be short and clear. Get yourself ready, and here we...

I'll release the Public Test Version in the coming days.

Quite unexpected, huh?
Let us delve into the mysteries of upcoming released content step by step.

1. What is a Public Test?: It's simple - a small portion of the content, that doesn't spoil any information about the main storyline, will be available for anyone who downloads the map for playing. It was designed to showcase all possible features I want to use: boss fights, unusual enemies, puzzles, different game genres - all of that combined into this location.
  2. When test version will be released?: I want to release it before the end of this year, before 31.12.2023. I know that the holidays have begun, but I'm filled with passion and desire to share with you at least a piece of what I have done. Alas, I did the same in the past, so why not?
  3. What if the deadline...: If I somehow lose time track and can't release it until 31.12.2023, I'll release it before 12.01.2024 with a 100% guarantee.
  4. What I'll see in the testing version?: I don't wanna spoil it, but a lot of different content: from small treasure hunting to riddles. You'll be able to select 1 from 2 heroes as playable, unselected one will be your companion!
Yes, about riddles...
Here's a glimpse of how riddles will look like:

1703465232717.png

1703465200392.png

...And nothing more. You can already clue what is the right answer, but don't worry - I'll get a hint. Try to answer correctly or face consequences.
Joking.
PS: that long textbox will be fixed, don't worry.

UPD:
As I didn't released it before end of year, so expect it release until 12.01.2024. It will be demoversion and will be released in any case, even if I don't finish all I want before that date.

Instead of Finale

• See you on the version release! Remember - it's not a full release, but rather a glimpse into future full release.
    Stay tuned for more news!

Join my Discord to be in contact, I'm trying to be active with news here.
    Also, check my YouTube channel - right now I'm completing different custom campaigns, but all showcases will be posted here too.

Thank You for your reading, I wish You a happy day.
Good Luck Have Fun

Sincerely, Hush.

Last edited:
Level 22
Good evening, 2024, and good day to you, dear reader.
A bright future lies ahead for Westfall, as two heroes - paladin Rohan and rogue Van Cleef - will uncover a sinister plot that enveloped the local graveyard...
Will they make out here alive or darkness envelop them?
You'll soon discover on your own.

...Well, there is so much to tell you, but if I tell - I'll spoil all the details just before release.
Right now demo version comes to 55% readiness, and I will release it next week.
I hope you'll like it, also you can check my Youtube channel which will host a walkthrough of the demo if you want to see how it looks before play.

Today I'll try to be short, and I'll say the following things:
  1. Your heroes have only 1 life in the demo. That will change in the release version, but be vary and be on guard - cause not all graves seem as tranquil as they seem!
  2. Difficulty wouldn't tweak demo version riddles, but in release - would;
  3. Higher difficulty means harder enemies, not only in attack & HP numbers but with additional of new mechanics to them. This isn't limited to bosses or mini-bosses;
  4. Speaking of bosses - yes, you'll have them. To be clear - they wouldn't be hard and long to fight, but difficulty can correct that...
  5. If you get lost, if you feel hard, or want to receive additional hints - an in-game tutorial would come in handy. It won't present on full release.
That's all, folks.
Release date? Well, maybe on 10.01.2024 or 11.01.2024, it will be 100% released. And I have an offer to you:
  • If you complete the demo version and send me your wc3 replay or just find a "very hideous thing" in the graveyard, then you'll be marked in the final release version!
  • Also you can support me on my Buy Me a Coffee and receive additional rewards just when you first log-in to the released version. It's a volunteer and I don't insist you do it, but I'll thank you a lot!

...Huh, that's a spirit! It will be last devpost before demo version release, so until then, dear reader!
Thank You for your reading, I wish You a happy day.
Good Luck Have Fun

Sincerely, Hush.

Attachments

• _5bb47085-ddee-47a3-b534-938c481fc73a.jpg
    _5bb47085-ddee-47a3-b534-938c481fc73a.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 4
Level 22
...This post should be released, but vile fate decided differently.

Suddenly I became ill.

Maybe I didn't notice before today, but I promised to release it this week, on 10.01.2024. Even though not everything I want is done, I think I have enough content already.
So, expect a sudden cliffhanger at the end of the demo. But the offer will be valid, and I hope you'll like that demo as far as I like it!

Sorry for being such a moron, but yeah - shit happens.
Good luck and until release!

Level 22
I tried to be as fast as possible to deliver it today, but here we have:
Westfall Story, demo #2.

You may encounter:
  • unbalanced stuff;
  • bugs;
  • bugs;
  • BUGS;
  • unfinished things...
If you would play or whatever - just report them here, pretty please! I will gladly appreciate your participation in demo testing.
Video Walkthrough I'll post as soon as possible. Topic starting post - too;

Enjoy!

UPD:
Updated version a bit, dunno why I cant attach it directly to HIVE... And eh, updated main post - check it out!

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
don't think I saw some difficulty pictures, no

also

Attachments

• Warcraft III 1_12_2024 2_05_10 AM.png
    Warcraft III 1_12_2024 2_05_10 AM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
  • Warcraft III 1_12_2024 2_09_48 AM.png
    Warcraft III 1_12_2024 2_09_48 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
  • Warcraft III 1_12_2024 2_21_35 AM.png
    Warcraft III 1_12_2024 2_21_35 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • Warcraft III 1_12_2024 2_29_54 AM.png
    Warcraft III 1_12_2024 2_29_54 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Level 22
I see...
  • Its demo, so its default skills, sorry;
  • What's wrong on 2 picture?
  • Its debug message for [E] Van Cleef skill (kill count, low effort making spell)
  • Strange, I don't remember getting it so W I D T H in my tests....

Thank you for your reports! What's your monitor resolution?
1704998729251.png

I'm playing on that setups and don't see such issues.
By the way, what can you say in total? Yeah, it isn't much content, however what in terms of story, gameplay and other things can be improved, in your opinion, @Ardenaso ?

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
was almost asleep last night so wasn't able to give proper context

• needs research
  • talking portrait isn't ghosted unlike her usual portrait and her model proper

I'm playing on lowest settings because my laptop can actually barely run HD maps

good so far, but VanCleef's mana regeneration is just so.... s l o w I'd rather skill up just E and not make him cast spells and somehow his pets don't get upgraded (or if they do, still weak)

Last edited:
Level 22
was almost asleep last night so wasn't able to give proper context

• needs research
  • talking portrait isn't ghosted unlike her usual portrait and her model proper

I'm playing on lowest settings because my laptop can actually barely run HD maps

good so far, but VanCleef's mana regeneration is just so.... s l o w I'd rather skill up just E and not make him cast spells and somehow his pets don't get upgraded (or if they do, still weak)
Thank you for your review! I appreciate that.
  • All balance stuff like Van Cleef regeneration will be changed in the release version;
  • Van Cleef has special effect - "Dark Bargain" - which can occasionetly trigger additional effects of each of his spells.
  • What about mini-boss? Was it hard or not? Can be something improved or changed on your opinion?