• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fax Creperum [Single Player RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ohno...I am stucked after I was attacked by the Zombie(spawned from the infected goblin)
Got no place to go, and the big big spider ... too strong for me..
Try to sneak pass it but failed to enter the cave behind
/[T.T]\ ... give me tips?

Last edited:
Level 19
Ohno...I am stucked after I was attacked by the Zombie(spawned from the infected goblin)
Got no place to go, and the big big spider ... too strong for me..
Try to sneak pass it but failed to enter the cave behind
/[T.T]\ ... give me tips?

Probably you are at the part where you should find a gem for the Goblin Master. So you'll have to find the gem and deliver it to him! :)

@Miss_Foxy,
It may, or may not be secret items, you'll have to go searching! :)

Level 19
Well, it depends on what you mean. The size of a sound file depends a lot of which format it's based on. MP3 sound files is the "cheapest" ones I think, don't know for sure thou.

Anyway, currently I've added sounds for 2.5MB into the map and it will be probably more (it's a single player map, no size limit ftw).

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

The translations that I could see in the screenshots were horrible...just pointing that out.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

(No insults intended) It looks like a 9yo or someone who has english as a second language would type it out.
The grammar and spelling mistakes are fine but the way the sentences are worded would make my english teacher quit her job if she saw someone in my grade writing like that. (Gr.10 - Canada)

Level 19
(No insults intended) It looks like a 9yo or someone who has english as a second language would type it out.
The grammar and spelling mistakes are fine but the way the sentences are worded would make my english teacher quit her job if she saw someone in my grade writing like that. (Gr.10 - Canada)

Okey, I see. I haven't checked the texts yet, I just wrote them outright, without checking for spell mistakes or grammar stuff. If you like, you could help me check the texts for me and edit them, because that's not my priority right now. I try to do other stuff at the map! :)

Edit 1: I've updated the credits at the first page and I've also added a new "hidden-tab", containing the current runewords in the map (this is a huge spoiler if you want to find out the runewords yourself!!)

Edit 2: I've fixed a nice working system (I hope), that allow you to jump to "Part 2" of the map. This will allow you to skip doing the first Part over and over again! :) This will also make my mapping faster, because I won't have to re-do part 1 all the time to test a little thing in part 2! :)

Last edited:
Level 19
Well, I can see some off-topic posts, but that's okey. I'd be glad to read your reviews when you're done! :) Also, the next update will be much better and hopefully it wont be delayed that much :)

Edit: No reviews? :( I'd like to read what you think about the map! :)

Fax Creperum A1.3.0a

The update is pretty close now. I've fixed a lot of things, as you'll see and read in the changelog when I release the update! :)

Last edited:
Level 19
LOL, thanks I was able to get far.

I would love to see a hand with the weapon equipped swinging around me, If you have some time It would be best to make almost all doodads interact-able. or you can have an item "Torch" which will improved the vision since in the prison part it was pretty dark.

Expect more suggestions from me, my game was interrupted so I wasn't able to finish the game.

Level 19
LOL, thanks I was able to get far.

I would love to see a hand with the weapon equipped swinging around me, If you have some time It would be best to make almost all doodads interact-able. or you can have an item "Torch" which will improved the vision since in the prison part it was pretty dark.

Expect more suggestions from me, my game was interrupted so I wasn't able to finish the game.

Yes, I'd love to fix that too, but we'll see if I'm able to fix that :)

Also, there is already a torch item in the map (if you're playing the latest released version).

Anyway, I'm very soon done with the new version of the map! :)

Level 19
Is it the Gem for the master so he will open the gate for me?
I think I already went through that, it is before i get to human fortress@@

Eh, I don't really get what you are trying to say :)

Ha! It's just like Arx Fatalis! :D Anyway, I'm going to download the map now and review it later.

That sounds awesome! :)

I hope I'll be able to finish the new version today, else it will be sometime this week. It depends on how much I want to balance and update/fix. :D

Level 19
I'm soon done with the new update. I've only got some small things left to add and fix. The version may be released today, depends on how much I am able to work today! :)

Edit: The new version has been released, download it at the first post. It isn't 100% done, but I've added and fixed a lot of things and I though I had to release it, because it was a lot of fixes that made the game-play better. Anyway, I'll fix the last things as soon as possible and release that version (A1.4.0a) here! :)

I'd also liked some reviews! :D

(Sorry for the filesize by the way, it's a lot of imported stuff, you'll have to be patient! :) )

Edit: Only 4 downloads at the new version and no reviews? C'mon now! :D

Level 8
The initial stuff is great. I advise you to add more diverse puzzle elements to the map. I'm too tired for a full review, but I posted whole bunch of random ideas below.

- The terrain is allright, but the huge human town had nothing to do.. At least add some easter eggs here and there.
- Maybe some flavour tooltips for the runes, the time-rune didn't display in the spell-book, but instead opens it. (Im assuming it has the same command string)
- I got killed by the spider and after two times I gave up and cheated my way through.
- Maybe give the player some gold to buy torches.
- The transparency of the hero attachment can be fixed by importing an alpha texture over the unit's normal texture (assuming you used the non-teamcoloured villager-man and you import a different portrait).
- In general; if you want feedback, don't protect the map.

- The cinematics are non-skippable; you should start to work out a system for this while you're in the early stages. It's a pain in the ass to add in later.. I use a main and a skip trigger for each cinematic, using a boolean variable to check if the cinematic is still running (check between all relevant actions/camera movements). If the player skips a cinematic I set the boolean to false so the next check will skip the remaining cinematic actions.

- I love the puzzle aspect and you should continue to diversify this part. The fire spell can light the campfires, why not add more puzzle solutions to the other spells: The earthquake could clear rock-chunks for example. You could also light various other objects, like burning a stack of hay or another type of torch. Example puzzle; light two torches to reveal a hidden chest in the middle. You may want to get some inspiration from those old point and click adventure games. The combinations between spells should be in a hints section under quests, especially in alpha testing we don't have the patience to test every other combination.

- Maybe make some quest items that can be used like interact. Example: A gear that can be inserted in a mechanic to repair an engine. If you want, you could create a little equipment system with quest items, weapons and food in various categories. You may also consider giving NPC's a one-slot inventory so you can drop quest items in them (make a trigger that returns the item incase the player chooses the wrong item).

- Make interact target destructibles to widen the number of possibilities: light candles, open boxes, flip switches, move crates etc. For instance; I added Carry and Drop actions in an old project of mine: Stuff like hay and meat could be carried an placed on key points to create a flammable beacon or load a pressure switch. You can narrow the target field to 'debris' for interactable doodads, 'bridge', 'wall' and 'tree' for special-target destructibles like flamable stuff and 'decoration' for anything else.

- Modify item models, so that you can click them ingame and pick them up. I can imagine the spearmodel to be an item that can be equipped, the armor rack could be picked up as piece of armor, some books in the priest-room a random tome of somesorts and bottles could be used like blizzard's rune of mana.

Status
Not open for further replies.