• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Single Player RPG - A Hero's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
[Single Player RPG] A Hero's Tale - SCREENSHOTS ADDED!

2yuyhsi.jpg

---Overview---
This is an single player open world roleplaying game. I am going to have a main story line, as well as several guilds/organizations the player can join along with many side quests. Im going to try and stray away the simple "kill x monster and come back to me" quests, and make it story heavy. I am also going to have several choices the player can make, so they will be able to determine the outcome of the main story. This along with my progression system and other guilds will allow the player to play a characrter they want to play

---Story---
(To be Announced)

---Races---
The player will be able to choose 6 different races, more might be added. Your choice of race chooses your primary attribute and gives you a bonus in that attribute. Other than that and apperence, the player is free to craft the character they want to play.
Human - Agility
Dwarf - Strength
High Elf - Intelligence
Orc - Strength
Troll - Agility
Drow - Intelligence

---Classes/Skills---
There are no classes in this game, but instead there are three main skill trees; Combat, Stealth, and Magic. Each skill tree has 10 skills, each can be upgraded multiple times. When a player levels up, they gain 1 skill point which they can use to purchase a new ability or upgrade an existing one. Also every time the hero levels up, they gain 2 attribute points which they can use to up there attributes, (Strength, Agility, Intelligence).

Other Information will added in the near future. Some screenshots are below, Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Herostale1.PNG
    Herostale1.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 416
  • Herostale2.PNG
    Herostale2.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 334
  • herostale3.PNG
    herostale3.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 285
  • herostale4.png
    herostale4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 282
  • herostale5.png
    herostale5.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 263
  • herostale6.png
    herostale6.png
    858.6 KB · Views: 471
  • herostale7.png
    herostale7.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 405
  • herostale8.png
    herostale8.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 245
  • herostale9.png
    herostale9.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 470
Last edited:
Level 23
Man what does it take to get some more replies?
Screenshots help. Chicks dig screenshots.

I'm liking what I'm hearing but you still haven't said very much. Then again, if it's going to be story-heavy and you don't want to spoil...

So dancing about the issue: how much of the story have you written? How much have you got implemented so far? Can you tell us about the general setting without giving too much away? Are you aiming for any particular length or difficulty level? Have I just made a lot of horrible and offensive assumptions about your workflow?

Talk is good!

Level 7
Well ever since skyrim came out, progress has been really slow, but I have alot of the main story outlined and the guild questlines also, i hope to start working on this soon.

Also any terrainer who needs something to do should PM me, because as you can see, terrain is not my strong point at all.

Level 11
I must say, that I'm not happy, that you took parts of the title of my own project: Darkwind RPG - A hero's Tale...

So @ all reader, Darkwind RPG has nothing to do with this project.

Level 7
Awww man I wasn't even thinking of your project when i came up with the name. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused. I guess I'll try and come up with another name. On the other hand, Heros Tale isn't even the main part of your rpg's title anyway...

By the way, your project does look really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.