• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3: Firefight - Single Player Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
For the past three weeks, I've changed my signature to work on this new map.

The map is called WC3: Firefight - The Ice Gate

To be honest though, I've began to work on the map's details and stuff.

Basically:
You have a landmark to defend.

Simple enough?
There are 14 waves, each containing 5-6 sets of enemies (meaning over 90 waves total!)

What do you get to defend the Cathedral of Light?
- 1 Marine Hero that does Resurrect at a local graveyard
- Units you can construct at a local recruitment center
- Research technology to construct new units
- Weapon drops, such as Goblin Land Mines and Weapons of Hero Quality
- Reinforcements appear after every wave is completed
- That the units don't cap food limit at all

Hero Abilities:*NEW*

Flame Arrows - The marine can fire flame arrows at targets, increased by fire damage per rank. [Requires Level 10 to learn.]
Agility Boost - Increases the marine's agility by 3. (per rank) [Requires Level 5 to learn.]
Rocket Launch - Clusters a target region with rockets, inflicting damage to all units nearby and briefly stunning them. [Requires Level 25 to learn.]
Flamethrower - Burns a target area in a straight line, dealing fire damage. [No level requirement]
*Ultimate* Haste Aura - Hastens all of your units in a 900 yard radius, increasing their attack speed by 15%. [Requires Level 70 to learn. 1 Rank.]

Enemy Auras
These operate the same way as skulls in Halo 3: ODST. In this gamemode, you have to deal with difficulty-changing auras. They include the following:

Thorns Aura - Enemies are protected by thorns, dealing 3 damage on all melee units.
Adrenaline Rush - Increases enemy's movement speed by 10% and attack speed by 5%.
Hardened Skin - Increases enemy armor by 5. Does not stack.
Vampiric Aura - Can siphon enemy health from attacking units. (Unconfirmed)
Attack Power - Increases enemy damage by 15%. Does not stack.

Reinforcements
Per wave you complete, you will receive a spawn of units that might assist you as well as a gold shipment. They can consist of Human Footmen, Dwarven Riflemen, Marine Recruits, and Elite Marines. (This is still in beta.)

Patch Notes: (so far)
Beta Version 1.0 (11/22/2009)
- Project Opening
Beta Version 1.1 (11/24/2009)
- Added Units, Tier Research, Upgrades, Hero Abilities
- Scripted first wave, set 1.
Beta Version 1.2 (11/28/2009)
- Research Tiers completed and scripted. See above for details.
- Hero abilities added. There are five total.
- Level cap is 80. (not because of WoW, btw)
Beta Version 1.3 (12/1/2009)
- Large wall of information added. Those are changes in the WC3: Firefight - The Ice Gate.

Attached is my promotional screenshot to this project! This time no more delays or removal of project, this one is going to be released, no doubts! Give me feedback as soon as you can...

Attachments

• Flickr & Hive Workshop.JPG
    Flickr & Hive Workshop.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.