• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Circle of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22

TeaserStartImage 01-1.png

THE CIRCLE OF LIFE

"As it always done: whose, who camed to destroy land, will feed it's new saplings"

OVERVIEW
A brand new singleplayer RPG centered in Felwood - in past known as Northern Ashenvale, now scar left from demonic invasion to Azeroth.
Select 1 of 3 different heroes, relive their unique stories and find the cure to Felwood corruption - once for all.

STORY
"Even devastating Third War has ended long time ago and Cenarion Circle started to heal corrupted lands, there remains one place, where their efforts are nearly meaningless - Felwood.

…But there's yet hope - three volunteers: young and joyful dryad Cinderella, ancient grove keeper Larodar and mysterious furbolg shaman Wrathtorn - decided to help Circle in such difficult task.

Maybe their paths don't cross and each follows their own trail, but they have common goal:
…Travel deep into Felwood and cure corruption from within.
"
FEATURES
TRAVEL TO DEFILED LANDS
Not everyone have enough courage to face horrors, that lurks in Felwood. Visit Plagued Glades, Bilepath Forest, Felpaw Village and many other notable locations…
Only to face them full in despair wrath against You.

FOLLOW YOUR DESTINY
Selecting your hero will predermine your gameplay: awake petrified Ironwood Ancients as Grove Keeper Larodar, retrieve Everblooming Bud as young Cinderella or find your tribe as Wrathtorn.
Even Felwood could feel small, his horrors lurks everywhere - inside it's earth and inside Your soul.

SHOW YOUR GLORIES
But your Main Task - unite divided forces of Nature against Legion and defeat their Corruption within.
Accomplish feats, find and destroy Legion "Avatar's of Corruption", cleanese flora and fauna from corruption - without Renown, your United Front is doomed from beginning.

BY DREAM THEY PURGE
Mostly free hero progression:
  • You want destroy corruption by force? You're welcome.
  • You want roleplay an humble dryad who want's to save Ashenvale only by power of love? Yes You can!
  • You want master powerful dream skills as Grove Keeper and send foes nightmares against them? Show Your wrath.
  • Be on top, be overkill and be the most renowed champion of Cenarion Circle - all of That and more You can accomplish.

…BUT REMEMBER:
MANY HAS TRIED TO DEFEAT CORRUPTION,
THUS MANY HAS FALLEN TO IT'S GASP...

MEDIA
MODELS
ICONS & ART
MUSIC & INSPIRATION
MISCELLENEOUS

Development Posts:​

POST SCRIPTUM:
This project is full WIP: You can any questions you want to hear about it - I'll try to answer them all!
Map is designed for currrent Reforged version and currently for Reforged graphics. That's not issue, but when I'll finish doodad'ing my map, I'll look onto classic graphic variant.
Everything You would see on those first screenshots and next ones could change. I dunno how much big those changes could be, but I think, personally, not too much.
However You can participate in developing by telling your ideas, complains about what you want to see.

Thanks for reading.
Have a nice day :)

Attachments

• TeaserLandscape 01.png
    TeaserLandscape 01.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 61
  • TeaserLandscape 02.png
    TeaserLandscape 02.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 55
  • TeaserLandscape 03.png
    TeaserLandscape 03.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 54
  • TeaserLandscape 04.png
    TeaserLandscape 04.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 52
  • TeaserLandscape 05.png
    TeaserLandscape 05.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 53
  • Devpost #1-1.png
    Devpost #1-1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
  • Devpost #1-2.png
    Devpost #1-2.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
  • Devpost #1-3.png
    Devpost #1-3.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 31
  • Devpost #1-4.png
    Devpost #1-4.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Level 22
Quite unexpected, huh?
Main image was created by DreamStudio, promt is next:
  • Seed - 1723601919
  • Demon Green Corrupted Forest filled with fel corruption, by Caspar David Friedrich, matte painting trending on artstation HQ
  • Sampler - k_lms
  • Steps - 10
  • Model - Stable Diffusion v1.5
  • Scale - 9
  • W/H - 512x512
For this project, I'll try to tell You about it's feature more than usual, mainly focusing on some aspect: character, location, foe, etc. It will help me and You understand Felwood in it's "basis".
And all posts will have a link to previous post, so You may not get lost and if You want - read from beginning of Our Journey through those defiled lands.

Of course I'll help You pass them without any issues!
Mostly.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Ha-ha. Neat. I had a similar idea for a campaign for some years about a female night elven hero. I even started one many, many years ago about dwarves healing Lordaeron.

Question though. What are the particular differences between:
You want destroy corruption by force? You're welcome.
and
You want master powerful dream skills as Grove Keeper and send foes nightmares against them? Show Your wrath.
They seem rather the same only maybe the means of destruction might be different as in brute force vs magical or spiritual one?

Level 22
Ha-ha. Neat. I had a similar idea for a campaign for some years. I even started one many, many years ago about dwarves healing Lordaeron.
Question though. What are the particular differences between:

and

They seem rather the same only maybe the means of destruction might be different as in brute force vs magical or spiritual one?
  • You're welcome.
  • Each of 3 heroes resembles "Path" of Nature, which it selects in our world and Azeroth:
    • Grove Keeper Larodar will resemble magicial side, mostly power of Emerald Dream and communication with flora of Felwood - "Yin";
    • Sisiter of Spring Cinderella will resemble brute, feral force of wrath fauna, calling them to aid her in her deeds - "Yang";
    • Shaman Wrathtorn will resemble spiritual power, which is the combination of Wrath of young Dryad and Dream of ancient Larodar;
  • That division will predetermine their desicions, but You will be free to forge Your Own Path, as long as you follow trail of Nature, of course...

Level 22
link to previous devpost #0
link to next devpost #2

"Just in time!
Listen, all that you need to know before you fly to Felwood is here, in that backpack: map, amulet and so-on. Be ready for long travel, hero, but I swear that you'll find Cure.
Good luck!
"

…Well, that was a brief discussion with 2 temporary unknown for us characters, let's take that as prelude to our current themes in our Devpost #1:
  • Playable Characters & so-on;
  • Generating Content?
  • Plans for future

Playable Characters

When player will launch "The Circle of Life", he'll be offered to compete 2 choices - difficulty (about which we will topic in next devpost) and hero.
Player can select one of three different heroes, and each of them offer special experience of gameplay.
Also each of playable hero will have their unique storyline with 2 additional side quests, and each hero will have their specific reactions during cinematics and dialogs!
Mostly today we will speak about their prelude story and general features, so here list goes:

1. Hero #1 - Grove Keeper Larodar
  2. Hero #2 - Sister of Spring Cinderella;
  3. Hero #3 - Wrathtorn, Last Brightpaw

Grove Keeper Larodar

BTNKeeperOfTheGrove-Reforged.pngPrelude Story:
«Larodar never knew peace.

From childhood, he was tormented by strange dreams about the burning forests of his native Ashenvale, about how thousands of innocent lives are burned and thousands more become slaves of an unknown unholy force…

He clearly remembered the stories told to him by his father Zendar, son of the great Cenarius. He knew that once a demonic horde tried to destroy everything that is dear to Azeroth, but failed. However, the dreams haunted him, and the visions became more and more distinct before the Third War.

…Now that the Legion has once again failed, Larodar rushed to the Felwood, the last demonic stronghold on the planet. There he intends to repeat the feat of his father and grandfather - to expel Corruption once and for all.

However, he still does not know what the nature of these "prophetic dreams" is…»

BTNKeeperOfTheGrove-Reforged.pngBrief Features:
  • Can travel through Emerald Dream - special mystical realm, in which he can hide from enemies or lure them into deadly traps;
  • Forest will answer his call - Larodar capable to be powerful dream caster or masterful nature summoner, enchanting treants to battle against corruption. However You will be free to combine his spells in every way you want;
  • Fast Travel - due to inner connection to Dream, playing Larodar will be pleasant due to dozens of fast travel spots and being able to teleport whenever player desires;
  • Nature Crusader - where others would try to use temporary allies even with rival satyr sects and corrupted tribes, Larodar will simply vanquish any corruption on his sight, making him a zeal of Cenarion Circle and danger to potential "United Front";

Sister of Spring Cinderella

BTNDryad-Reforged.pngPrelude Story:
«Cinderella never wished harm on anyone.

Her playful nature, lightness of being and all-forgiving soul did not know and did not want to know evil. Everything changed with the arrival of strange green-skinned creatures that devastated the forests of Ashenvale.

She thought - "this is just a belief, such a time, it will pass." But then she saw their true colors. After drinking demonic blood, killing Cenarius, and raping and killing her dryad sisters, Cinderella went on a rampage.

With a furious cry, she burst into the orc camp and tore everyone to pieces - the wounded, the women, and even the children. And when the veil of anger fell, she realized that she had changed forever. With tears in her eyes, she left civilization for a long time, wandering through the disturbing forests of Ashenvale…

…However, she heard a familiar voice. Voice from a beautiful past that called her to help the druids in the cursed Felwood. Driven by the bitterness of the past and hatred of demons, she went to the very heart of corruption, hoping to destroy the evil that once struck her native land.»

BTNDryad-Reforged.pngBrief Features:
  • Young & Agile - Cinderella is the fastest heroine on map, and communication with Ashenvale childrens of Malorn will come in handy in coming adventures;
  • Beast Master & Lone Hunter - During self-exile, Sister of Spring mastered her friendship with dozens of animals across all Ashenvale, ensuring their help in desperate times. However she learned different tricks in addition to natural dryad trickness, so player will be free to forge his own path;
  • Two Seasons - Even named "Sister of Spring", recent events had avoken inside her fragile heart another spirit. Spirit, who already tried to possess Cinderella in past. For such enormous power, dryad will pay a big price;
  • Naive Optimist - Althought she lived through horrible times, she still a young girl and will try to see in everyone a sparkle of good. Don't expect her to be a good politician, so only Ysera knows how "strong" that "United Front" will be...

Wrathtorn, Last Brightpaw

BTNFurbolgElderShaman.pngPrelude Story:
«When Wraththorn was only a couple of months old, his Brightpaw Tribe was attacked by vandals from the neighboring Cronecrown. Only by a miracle, in utter confusion, did his mother manage to hand over to her relatives for salvation in the distant Winterspring.

…However, Wraththorn knew and remembered this terrible event. Every day he yearned for revenge, but the elder of the tribe taught him self-control through shamanism. This blunted the fury of the young furbolg, but a terrible thing happened - demonic corruption reached his new tribe. He was forced to flee from angry tribesmen who became slaves of a satyr Xavarkas.

Unknown paths led him to Ashenvale, in the midst of a war between the Night Elves and the Horde. Having waited out the storm under the shadow of dense forests, Wraththorn began to prepare for his most secret dream:

He will return to his homeland of Northern Ashenvale, and take revenge on the Cronecrown for everything.»

BTNFurbolgElderShaman.pngBrief Features:
  • Master Elements - With power of shamanism, Wrathtorn can create whirlwinds and conjure dreadful fire elementals to defeat anyone on his path to revenge;
  • By Blood Alone - Wrathtorn hates Cronecrown. Even he doesn't know if they are exist, his desire to avenge of decreased tribe fulfils him with bloodthrist, dramastically increasing his power;
  • Tight Fur & Nearly Old Age - Life events has damaged his body, so Wrathtorn cannot move quickly as he wants to, but he'll ensure that enemies wouldn't leave from earth gasps;
  • Lone Wolf - Communicating with others… Wrathtorn has saw too many examples of failed societies due to their lack of self-survival. If he will encount problem, he will try to solve it by himself, no matter how big is it.

Generating Art?

…As we finished with "playable characters" topic, let's move to next one:
  • Recently I found myself slightly obsessed with AI-stuff, so I tried to generate some specific music for map:
  • First one is called "Welcome to Emerald Circle" - location, where You will start your adventure across Felwood
  • Second one is called "Alluring Vision of Ancients" - it will play near Petrified Ironwood Ancients - one of important locations in main story
  • Also I used AI to generate preview art for this map and will use it to generate other arts, that you'll see throught exploring and completing side quests;
  • My question is next - What do You think about that? I'll listen to every opinion.

Plans for future…

1. Complete doodading of map terrain;
  2. Finish creating of main & side storylines;
  3. Create & show to You some gameplay;
  4. ???
Even I listed all of these in such way, I would tell you that next devpost will be about Renown & Quests in map, so You will understood what and how to do.

Thanks for reading, that was a quite long devpost…
But I think that You'll find it enjoyable to read as I found it enjoyable to write, heh.
I wish you good luck and good mood, stay safe.

Until next devpost, cya!

Attachments

• Devpost #1-4.png
    Devpost #1-4.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
  • Devpost #1-2.png
    Devpost #1-2.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • Devpost #1-1.png
    Devpost #1-1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • Devpost #1-3.png
    Devpost #1-3.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Level 22
I don't fully grasp what that software can do but right now I hear atmospheric stuff rather than actual music. It's fine if you don't have anything else to use and if you wanna be somewhat original, I guess.
I agree with you - AI-composed music mostly have 1-2 rhyms and can be slightly distrubing, but sometimes I thinkt that it would only enchance atmosphere. Not as main gameplay music, but mostly as special moment/location track.
And it's still requires improvements…

Level 22
link to previous devpost #1

Day #1
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

"Well, let's start off - I said. For now and until end of adventure I'll try to write anything I've found interesting into my diary.
I think that should be helpful in future… Well, where he is?"

"I listen to his words - his voice was full of wisdom. Maybe he underestimate my power, but still I must be ready. If everything I've read about Felwood is true, then I should expect tough adventure.
I'm started to think that soon I'll regret my decision to travel there…"

"Ishnu-alah, traveler. Why you would ever reached that damned land?
…Huh, maybe it's not my business. Well then - I hope that you're know what you're want to do. Felwood isn't land for you or me, it's corrupted presence could be filled anywhere.
Many has tried to defeat it's Corruption, yet many has fall into it's gasps…"

…Seems that our unknown traveler just landed in Emerald Circle - one of first location player will see. We will talk in depth about location next times, today I want share to You new information in devpost #2 about:
  1. Quests and Their Features;
  2. Renown?
  3. Resume

Quests and Their Features

When we undestand "Quests", we already imaginating something classic: "kill someone, collect something, go there and turn back".
I'll be honest - I wouldn't break that classic in map. But before You would start complain, I'll tell next 3 things:
  1. Each hero will have their own storyline along with shared general about defeating Corruption in Felwood;
  2. Moreover, each hero will have their OWN quest completion path for EACH quest;
  3. MOREOVER, each hero will have their OWN quests, which are unique for them and ONLY them.
In total, map will have in total 12-15 quests, but player encount only some of them: 3 main quests, 2-4 "common" side quests and 2 unique side quests for his selected hero.
Those unique quest are called "heroic", each of them are opening/showing to player special hero mechanics - allowing Keeper of the Grove Larodar to travel into "Dream World", allowing Last Brightpaw to duel enemy furbolg cheiftains and elders or allowing Cinderella to track hideous demons and banishing them.
So let me tell You more about some of those side quests:
  • Any side quest can be started by 4-5 different ways - even from completing another quests;
  • Each side quest will give hero different reward, suitable to his gameplay style.
    So Cinderella won't try to regrowth Larodar saplings, or Wrathtorn wouldn't hunt hideous demons more efficiently, because they don't do that in core;
  • Completing side quests aren't needed for sucessfuly completing main quests, but helping locals could give you valuable allies for your United Front;
  • More cinematics in quests. More, than in "Pearl of Azshara" - will add alot of skippable cinematics on each valuable quest progression phase;
  • Example of "common" side quests - side quests, acceptable for anyone, but quest completion differs for each of them:
    • "TWO ROSE WAR" - You've noticed a strange hideous ghost. He will tell you a story about damned "Two Roses", who started fighting long time ago, because each of them has stolen family crown from their foe.
      Everyone would be grateful for returning their crown back. However You can try all of them…
    • "SOURCE OF DISCORD" - You noticed an corrupted fountain of power, and nothing or noone else around.
      You think that you should clean it from demonic corruption, but question is - how?
  • Example of "heroic" side quests- side quests, which can be completed by special hero:
    • "THE HIDDEN" - Larodar manages to enter Emerald Dream, but falls into trap of mysterious Hidden. As long that creature exist, noone could find inner peace in "Dreamland".
      Rumors says that Hidden have a strange link to Emerald Dream and cannot be killed. As Dreamworld offers alot of opportunities, but with Hidden, you cannot be there for long enough.
      What You'll do?
What about main quests, huh?
Well, currently I can't tell you anything more than I've planned 3 main quests for map: 2 general and 1 for main hero, which will be long enough.
Let's talk about mentioned "Renown" more…

Renown?

When you arrive to Felwood, you'll notice that local NPC wouldn't be so grateful towards you. You may think that all of them are rude morons, but reality simplier - they don't know You.
And to represent your fame across whole Felwood, You will be able to increase "Renown" - special levels, which are maxed for level 20-30.
Renown can be discribed by next features:
  1. It's not 0/1000 Reputation Grind: Doing something fabulous will increase your renown by 1 and each level have their specialized rewards for selected hero;
  2. You know what you'll receive: Player will be able to recieve full description of next Renown level reward, which could be anything:
    1. Specialized item/items;
    2. New spell talent/talents;
    3. New spell/spells;
    4. New NPC;
    5. New special enemy;
    6. New way to complete specific quest;
    7. …Many more!
  3. Renown for Duty: Nearly all gameplay features will increase your Renown value:
    1. Completed main or side quest? +1 to Renown;
    2. Defeated "Avatar of Corruption"? +1-3 to Renown, according of "hardiness" of killed elite;
    3. Unlocked Hero Special Mechanic? +1 to Renown;
    4. Found "Relic of Past"? +1-3 to Renown, according of "hardiness" of finding that relic;
    5. Learned secret talent? +1 to Renown;
    6. …And many more!
  4. Renown are Mandatory: In order to unite Felwood, you need to be famous across it. Renown is unique for any sort of relationships: when your potential allies starts to hail you, your enemies will tremble in fear when you'll encount them;
  5. Renown is Permanent: I don't know why you would think about it, but you cannot decrease your renown.
Player start from Renown Level 0, but don't worry - it's not hard to get new levels, as you've saw from text above.

Resume

So, what we have talked about today? Well... As I promised in previous post - about quests and renown.
In next devpost I'll travel in depths of hero mechanics and some map location, afterwards we will talk about strange "relics of past".
As I promised - topic start post will have links to all devposts and any other highlights of "The Circle of Life" RPG.

Before saying "thank for reading", I'll share with You some screenshots of completed locations, that missed in previous devpost.

Thanks for reading, and see You in next devpost.
Have a good day, cya!

Attachments

• Devpost #2-3.png
    Devpost #2-3.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • Devpost #2-4.png
    Devpost #2-4.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • Devpost #2-2.png
    Devpost #2-2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
  • Devpost #2-1.png
    Devpost #2-1.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Level 22
link to previous devpost #2

Day #5

"Okay, my dear diary - we've got into big, BIG TROUBLE! Those bile wolfs, seems, managed to bite me… Ugh!

...If I wouldn't reach nearby healing fountain or find someone, I'll probably die…
That bite already started to rot, dammit!

…I hear their barks - come, FOUL BEASTS! TASTE MY SWORD!"

…So our friend got in trouble! Let's skip all previews and go ahead to new adventure, new devpost #3, which will be about next things:
  1. Heroes with Thousand Lives…;
  2. …Archimonde Wrath;
  3. Resume

Heroes with Thousand Lives

Firstly, I would say next thing - currently no gameplay footages, sorry for that.
In second - let's talk in depth about our heroes. So, just to clarify, what we have here:
  • Keeper of the Grove, who fanatically want's to clean Felwood from corruption and reach fame higher than his father and grandfather;
  • Dryad-Sister of Spring, who have inside herself an evil soul twin, and thus suffer from bipolar distortion between "playful" and "wrathful";
  • Furbolg-Last from Brightpaw, a self-locked shaman, whose will is driven by revanchism for his fell tribe.
Totally sane company.
But today we're talking about their "Hero Mechanics" - special systems, which will determine your gameplay for selected hero, affecting many kinds of map like main, side and local quests, cinematics, dialogs, items - in total, everything!

"But hey" - you may say - "what do you prepared for them?"
Well, let's see their brief features one by one!

BTNKeeperOfTheGrove-Reforged.pngKEEPER OF THE GROVE

For Larodar I wanted to imagine something, which will describe his fanatical attitude to clean corruption - fightning against it in Dream!
But not Dream alone - he also can grow saplings around whole Felwood to regrowth it's glory from start and even find new allies in his holy war.
Let's take a look for next information table:

REGROWTH
DREAMWORLD
  • Unique Larodar feature, which allows him to overgrow small herb saplings into majestic treants or dreadful enemies;
  • Larodar will be able to use "REGROWTH" mechanic from game start - never creating your own treant army been so easy than now!
  • All saplings can be divided into generic and unique;
  • Also each sapling will have it's own level - Larodar, currently, cannot REGROWTH saplings with level higher than his;
  • Due to overblooming demonic corruption, each sapling is under suspection - you cannot known which will grow into "friend" or "enemy";
  • You learn it later - there are at least 5 different methods to find "sus";
  • Generic Saplings, mostly, will REGROWH into pretty bonuses, but can be also enemy treants or friend-ones;
  • Player will find nearly 15+ Unique Saplings, each with their behavior and REGROWTH result…
  • About rewards you'll learn deeply ingame.
  • Unique feature for Larodar, allowing him to enter Emerald Dream from anywhere on map.
  • Sadly, Emerald Dream for Felwood is nearly same corrupted as original, because Legion managed to send their agents into Dream, and another eldrithc enemy will await you here…
  • You'll encount alot of new treasures, events, enemies and maybe friends!.. Maybe.
  • Also DREAMWORLD have inverted daytime - entering it on daytime will have in DREAMWORLD night time and vise versa;
  • From start you cannot access DREAMWORLD - you'll have many ways to unlock it, but it's worth it.
  • As Dreamwalker, your soul leaves your body and you'll play the same Larodar, but with some unique rules for DREAMWORLD;
  • Firstly - because You aren't DREAMWORLD-native creature, you have "Energy" - special resource, draining passively in DREAMWORLD and also used for any sort of events here;
  • Secondly - an mysterious watcher, twilight creature named "Hidden" watching your steps - he is invulnerable and will exile you from DREAMWORLD for "trepassing rules"...
  • But you can exile HIM, however it's not easy task as it may seems…

BTNDryad-Reforged.pngSISTER OF SPRING

Eh… Cinderella have a troubled past, and I wanted to create 2 different mechanics to resemble her inner war: "Demon Huntress" and "Beast Master"
Let's take a look for next information table:

DEMON HUNTRESS
BEAST MASTER
  • Presenting her evil twin side, this mechanic isn't avaliable from start;
  • You need to find someone, who understood demonic nature, what they hide in their blood…
    Maybe someone, who already nearly became demon.
  • But mostly you'll fight.
    Fight not only demons, but also their slaves and servants.
    Find and kill them everywhere they try to hide.
  • You'll recieve special contracts for their souls, but you can hunt alone.
    Each successful hunt will satisfy your evil beign inside you, granting you new dangerous powers;
  • According to knowledge of your friend, each of Legion Servant have their specific mark - "futark" - as mark of their status in local Felwood demon forces;
  • In Felwood, many already serve Legion as willing or unwilling collaborators. Beware - some of your "friends" can be actually a hidden enemies and thus targets for DEMON HUNTRESS;
  • In terms of mechanic unlock - you'll anyway unlock it by completing your "heroic" main storyline, so don't worry about skipping DEMON HUNT;
  • According to knowledge of your friend, each of Legion Servant have their specific mark - "futark" - as mark of their status in local Felwood demon forces;
  • There are 3 "Futark" levels, so beware to encount from lesser collaborators to highest traitors or demonic commanders.
    Be always prepared.
  • Presenting her good natural side, this mechanic is avaliable from gameplay start;
  • This is total antagonist of "DEMON HUNT" - you'll save small critters, cure corrupted animals and charge powerful "Animal Totems";
  • Mostly no fights, but "BEAST MASTER" rewards are also come in handy - new spells, talents, effects, items and new fauna allies, of course!
  • With all listed features above, there is a main one - "Beasts from Legends" - special animals, who require their own approach to secure their help.
  • But you can defeat them, only I have 2 messagies - for why and be ready for tough battles. You will recieve another rewards for their "defeat", but does this you're really wanted to do?
  • In total, this mechanic will be same as Larodar "REGROWTH", but all saplings replaced with critters and animals, thus you've MORE variants to encount...

BTNFurbolgElderShaman.pngLAST BRIGHTPAW

Wrathtorn is my third-favourite hero out of 3 total heroes on map. Being a brute in physical view, he's a wise shaman, who also learns spiritual rituals and tries to mend Azeroth elements with Death "World Beyond", but revenge for falllen tribe had nearly drove him mad.
So I decided to project next 2 mechanics for him: "

SPIRITUAL SHAMANISM
TRIBE WAR
  • For inspiration - thanks Elden Ring - look into "Spirit Ashes", but that's not all;
  • Yes, Wrathtorn will be able to use special ASHES to conjure SPIRITUAL companions and only 1 companion at the same time.
    Unlike Elden Ring - you can use them in any time you want.
    Unlike "Pearl of Azshara" - they wouldn't talk with you too much.
  • However that's not at all!
  • This mechanic unlocks by different ways, but most of us will unlock it by Wrathtorn main storyline about his Brightpaw Tribe.
    This story filled with angier, sorrowness and fury will allow Wrathtorn to communicate with Souls around whole Felwood.
  • But for mending SPIRITUAL SHAMANISM-things, he will use "Etherium" - not cryptocurrency, but remains of tarnished souls.
  • Etherium will be your special "money" and "energy" at the same time.
    As "money"
    , it will be used to buy SPIRITUAL things and re-charge "soul anchors" - power sites, who will attract souls and generate "etherium" in passive.
    As "energy", it will be used to conjure SPIRIT ASHES and other SPIRIT-themed spells or talents…
  • Unlike "SPIRITUAL SHAMANISM", fightning againts local furbolgs will be free from start - no need to complete any tasks or progress in storylines.
  • However, "TRIBE WAR" will be need to properly complete Wrathtorn main storyline.
  • Any Furbolg Tribes fames include might and wisdom, so their tribesman can achieve something in those categories and try to claim current high shaman and chieftain position.
  • But Wrathtorn cannot do it by 2 things - he's exiled from his Winterspring Tribe and thus he doesn't have any authority.
    Well…
  • To fight against corrupted furbolg champions and challenge chieftains, you need to:
    • Secure your clan position by joining into exist Furbolg clan by force or diplomacy;
    • Gain fame across Felwood Furbolgs and renown across Felwood in total - without those things, you wouldn't be able to overthrow local chieftains and secure safeness of Felwood.
  • With what I can compare? With Mount & Blade without squad. If you played into it, imagine Wrathtorn as solo adventurer who tries to conquer 2 kingdoms.
  • Alone.

That's all for heroes, folks!
Next stop will be at one of many map locations - "Hand of Argus"

…Archimonde Wrath: "Hand of Argus"

"Near tainted Ironwood Lake, there are remains of forest lies. Filled with hollow stumps of once majestic trees, horde of infernals meaninglessly roaming road.
Guarding their birthsite, their place of vile Eredar summoning, those ebonic flame golems will burn anyone and anything on their ways. Oh, didn't I said about corrupted water spirits and their flame brethern?
Their screams filled with wrath and sorrow will make chills inside your bones.

Do not cross Hand of Argus - reminder of Defiler's Wrath…"

Spooky.
This is one of many different locations you'll see in "The Circle of Life" and let's take a brief case of features in it:
  • Elementals. Alot of flame elementals near water elementals. All of them are corrupted.
  • Infernals - dangerous yet already rare creatures, who roam local remainings and will chase you until they though that they aren't interested in you;
  • Fel Tissues - beware of their flamebolts and hideous imps, who will attack from behind.
  • Mutuated Flora - nearly burned and corrupted by infernal presence, those wine tentacles still lurks in ground depths...
So in this order I'll tell you about nearly all locations in "The Circle of Life". Let's end our post with some location-specific screenshots:
Devpost #2-4.png

Devpost #2-5.png

Resume

So, what we have talked about today? Well…
As I promised in previous post - about hero mechanics and ingame locations.
In next devpost we'll talk about "Relics of Past" - another gameplay feature, and afterwards…
As I promised - topic start post will have links to all devposts and any other highlights of "The Circle of Life" RPG.

Before saying "thank for reading", I'll share with You some screenshots of completed locations, that missed in previous devpost.

Thanks for reading, and see You in next devpost.
Have a good day, cya!

Attachments

• Devpost #2-1.png
    Devpost #2-1.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • Devpost #2-2.png
    Devpost #2-2.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
  • Devpost #2-3.png
    Devpost #2-3.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
Level 22
Hello again and today wouldn't be a new devpost. Because of apathia and lack of interest, I decided to refocus myself onto another project, about which I'll tell some day.
Currently I see it as small Adventure RPG, smaller than "The Circle of Life", which already has became a second "Pearl of Azshara" in terms on content.
About whom or what? You'll see it on announce.

Have a nice day and peace to your families, good luck and thanks for reading this humble post.

Status
Not open for further replies.