1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Role Playing Game] EmberCraft - Total Conversion ARPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Quilnez, Feb 16, 2019.

1. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, this looks fucking amazing.

2. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Update!

@Mythic has joined the team as SFX Producer! He will be making super cool special effects and help with some 3D model related things! Several days in and he already made some great stuffs!

We also made a BIG reconstruction in the item system, making it much more flexible, much easier to manage, and much faster to add new items! It now also has a function to enable/disable item collider so when in combat, you can disable it to avoid unwanted misclick on items. When enabled, items name and rarity will be displayed on top of each dropped item.

The map's been progressing real fast lately! I also have updated the main post with some images from previous progress reports and bunch of new cool screenshots. Go check it out!

Thank you very much! Make sure to always follow the map's development and maybe join our discord channel : )

3. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice to hear it's still going strong ^^
    One of the most ambitious projects we have around ^^

4. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    Those effects are amazing. You definitely got yourself one of the best effect makers out there. Can't wait to see how this project progresses. Pushing the limits of WC3 is pretty amazing to see.

5. Fang

Fang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Beautiful! Many systems plus cool effects (its really cool @Mythic) making it very unique. I can't wait for it!

6. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks guys. Mythic has been more than just VFX artist for us. We are lucky to have him in the team!

7. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Update:

The map is still under highly intensive development! I'm currently balancing out the gameplay, hunting hidden nasty bugs, and adding necessary new features to make sure the map is in absolute prime condition when it's published!

I have added over 100 new items to the map. Both Knight and Archer classes are now completely playable by up to level 100! You can now grind up your skill levels, this new feature really adds new dimension to the map! A lot of crucial optimizations have been made to make the map performs significantly better than ever! My friend @PrinceYaser is currently making some missing icons for those items. While he's doing his thing, I will do my best to improve the map. I still have quite a lot of stuffs to work on, but I will hereby say that the map is very close to completion, finally after so long! :D

That's all for now. Stay tuned!

8. Veritas 117

Veritas 117

Resources:
    Resources:
    That is great news. I'm really looking forward to this one!

9. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Announcement:

We will arrange a closed beta testing anytime in between 3 up to 7 days from now. All core features (other than item upgrade system) are done. But I will just take a little more time to balance things out, make some quality of life improvements, and add some convenient features.

If you are interested to take part in this closed group testing, join our discord channel (link is in my signature) and get notified when we arrange the multiplayer testing.

While we are at it, here's a nice improvement made by @Mythic:
    He makes adding "custom animation" possible for this map, that's a very nice improvement! Give him a round of applause everyone :D

@PrinceYaser is also working hard to finish my irresponsible request of tons of icons before the release date :'D But he's still able to keep up excellent and high quality pieces of works so far! Recognize the greatness!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

That's all for now. Thank you for your kind attention!

10. PrinceYaser

PrinceYaser

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the heads up, Quilnez!

Btw, I must note that some few icons might be heavily referenced sometimes. These two could be mostly considered 'heavily referenced':
    From PoE. Saving credits indeed.

I'm saying 'heavily referenced' because their look are approximately like their references, not that they are copied or traced. They're all drawn from scratch - An early note just to avoid further confusion.

And yeah, Quilnez is also doin' a wonderful job developing the map! We're only some mystic fellow padawans!

11. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tried the demo earlier on, what amazing progress has been made!

I hope you have a good idea for the lore of the map :). I think it can be amazing if you put it within some exciting setting or maybe in Second War of warcraft, so we can meet Blackmoore, Lorthar, Uther (young), Gul'dan etc. With Warcraft 2 just rereleased on GoG it would be a good way to get hype.

12. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I have a plan to add a storyline to the map much later, just like Torchlight 2, using procedural generation to always generate different world on each play. But most likely it will be a custom plot that is not related to Warcraft lore at all. But it will be something for the very distant future. Maybe it will be separate map version/extension, can't be sure yet.

13. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I will delay the testing by several days. Because I'm thinking to make the upgrade system much more interesting than the initial plan. Anyway, here's the upgrade system demo:

14. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice, but please use another sound for start and fail. These (standard Bnet sounds) are too intrusive and will quickly grow annoying. Otherwise, great job!

15. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I, who rarely open the battle net, find those sound just fine and fit nicely. But okay, I will try to find better ones. Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT:
    The upgrade start sound effect is annoying af alright. I will change that.

16. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah, especially that one is too much :-D

17. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hello people,

We will eventually delay the testing phase without certain delay time. As the infamous @PROXY has joined the development team as 3D Artist! It opens up a whole bunch of new opportunities to improve the map! We are planning to re-design the 3rd new dungeon (Blazing Chamber) and make it a lot shinier!

Dungeon illustration:
    We will do our best to get as close as possible to that illustration pic, it's going to be blazing good!

Meanwhile, @Mythic is working on bunch of fancy gear upgrade effects! Prepare yourselves!

[​IMG]

I'm starting to worry that @Mythic will outperform me. Daym! :D

Anyway, stay tuned people!

18. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    After so long! We have finally uploaded the pre-release versions to spot and fix critical bugs, before releasing the full version to public. You can download and test the map in this link:

EmberCraft Download | HIVE

If you have bug reports/suggestions/ideas don't hesitate to post it here or on our discord channel. Thanks in advance!

19. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well done! Good changes. In my opinion the attack speed for both classes is a bit too slow now. It feels unresponsive even though it isn't, which is why I thought it was bugged at first. Especially Knight needs a buff. Maybe 0.2 second increase should do the trick for him and a bit less for ranger.

20. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I had a unique experience with this game. A very different game, from traditional Warcraft 3. Attack directly with left mouse button, space pick up items. Although more tiring to be clicking right mouse button to walk in this game, by I think not interact directly on the minimap than in Warcraft 3.

I liked it and know it will have a long development yet. But I'll put some suggestions here, even though I do not know if pass the limit of the Warcraft 3
    • Auto-save when character is in safe place, like in town, like at the beginning of dungeon.
    • Do not need to open inventory to know the amount of potion that character carry.
    • Preview the items, and other things when you mouse over it.
    • Can walk on W, S, A and D and attack with hotkey. That for me would make the game less tiring.
    Respect the decision but for me is boring, depending too much on the potions to succeed in the game.