1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dreamvale 2.0i

Submitted by Kino
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
DREAMVALE - Download
Date: 2010
Genre(s): Tactics CRPG
Players: 1-4

Time passes for all, but for those who dream, time is eternal.
And so within the walls of an ancient city, the brave and the insane descend into a sea of dreams.
Where men never wake and time stands still.

Overview
Build a team of heroes and battle through 7 levels of arcade-y mayhem to escape the land of your nightmares.

Author's Notes
If you like tactical combat, but dislike everything else about RPG's, you may like this.
Just maybe.
It's not very good.

Changelogs

- As there will unlikely be anymore updates, Ive rolled-back the map to the last fully working version.

Keywords:
Dreamvale, Dream, Warchasers, Jungle, Green, Dungeon, Ruins, Dungeon Crawler
Contents

Dreamvale 2.0i (Map)

1. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hi, I've tested your map. It is quite good. There are some small mistakes but nothing stopping you from a very quality production.

• Drained glyph says "purchase glyphs at blue fountain" but actually they're purchased at the green one.
    • I suggest warning players that drained glyph does nothing and they should upgrade it.
    • It can be frustrating that items can't be moed from slot to slot due to hotkeys. There are other ways to prevent players from dropping items :)
    • Blaze of Glory (item) says "Eneies" (should be enemies)

That's all I can find so far. Character design was original and nice, and everything feels very complete. I vote 5* and nominate for Director's Cut.

2. TheWhiteWolf

TheWhiteWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is one more problem that Cokemonkey left out. The problem was mentioned by Fr33dom Justice.

In the third stage, Jolan's movement is bugged. He appears in the lower right corner, and then walks upwards. He ends up in the upper border of the playable area, somewere in the forest and the buildings, going left and right. This is not a one-time bug.

Please, fix this, it is simply unplayable.

After all the hard work you had invested into this, I think that it is simply wrong for such a beautiful creation ruined by such a small mistake.

Other than that, there are small flaws, like the Obelisk animations, but overall, it's a 5/5 map with potential for 6/5 :D

3. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is a known bug, the source of which is still unknown.
    To be honest I don't have the motivation to update this or finish the revamped version.

4. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Update
    --------
    - Rolled back the map to the last complete version.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not that easy.
    I didn't find any regeneration spot.
    Crashes on load game in multiplayer.

6. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its not a very well paced map tbh.
    It only seems hard because the amount of new info is rather overwhelming at first.

Every hero has innate heals and a very rapid regen rate. Susnt much of a problem, Id argue theres even too much.

Not really a priority fix, map is less than an hour long anyway.

I appreciate your feedback, but in the end the map is a product of its time. I do not have plans to update it in a major way.