1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dreamvale 2.0i

Submitted by Kino
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
DREAMVALE - Download
Date: 2010
Genre(s): Tactics CRPG
Players: 1-4

Time passes for all, but for those who dream, time is eternal.
And so within the walls of an ancient city, the brave and the insane descend into a sea of dreams.
Where men never wake and time stands still.

Overview
Build a team of heroes and battle through 7 levels of arcade-y mayhem to escape the land of your nightmares.

Author's Notes
If you like tactical combat, but dislike everything else about RPG's, you may like this.
Just maybe.
It's not very good.

Changelogs

- As there will unlikely be anymore updates, Ive rolled-back the map to the last fully working version.

Keywords:
Dreamvale, Dream, Warchasers, Jungle, Green, Dungeon, Ruins, Dungeon Crawler
Contents

Dreamvale 2.0i (Map)

1. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for noting that, anyway great to see you back I was wondering here you had gone.

2. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played in normal mode with 4 ppl. Can u add a life event ?

Because we can revive only one. it's a bit hard. Maybe added a secret event that we can gather more life?

I died around stage 2 everytimes. Well . quite difficult

3. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well what do you mean by life event?

If anything I think itll be better to either give more lives or make harder to die.

Anyway you did say it was a piece of cake right :)

4. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can u release a version C to fix evil rendral unable to move problem? because if it's stop moving in a position that lantern was destroyed. It made game struck. We don't know a way to find evil rendral if it stop in any position in that stage.

Your stream roller mode [easy] it's too easy and Your normal mode. it's too hard. Can u adjust it?

Also Conjurer of fire mage, if u put items into its slot after calling it again. That item will be disappeared.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  5. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ill try, problem is that Ive opened a big hole in the east wall of level 3 and itll take awhile to rebuild that.

6. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And so here it is, yet another fix version.

As usual changelog is in the first post.

7. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    http://upic.me/i/0b/heolp.jpg

It struck again i think you should make it likes a windwalk condition. That mean it can be walked pass any units that blocked him.

Also you should give us a break point to deal damage to him. If it just ran away everytimes so we can't do a hugh damage to it and it got a lot of hp so we couldn't be finished him.

Also, lantern seem weak because it easily broke by any monster.

Can u rework sleep skill [Useless] and vine spike spell in Druid hero?

8. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Understood, Ill remove his collision to help with that.

As for break point, the lanterns = break points. Its difficult yes, but thats the kind of event Im trying to aim for from now on. Notice how simple yet challenging it is?

Its designed with the idea that not all the lanterns will survive to the end. If the lanterns were any tougher it be too easy. Not everything needs to be perfect, some lanterns are expected to die, theres no penalty in that.

Sleep will be changed to Dream Dust next version, a spell amplify sort of thing with a sleep component. The idea in the long run is to make certain monster deadly enough that you WANT to actually disable them. In the mean time though, yeah its kinda weak.

9. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can u explain "Dream dust" ability?

From what i thought about name "Dream Dust"

I think likes "Shoot a dust to enemies in area then they will asleep and every x seconds it get a low chance xx% to lucky with nightmare."

[Max xx units to control by nightmare]

If their chance succeed, they will fight for our side. Everytimes they attacked , their life will be reducted by their own attack. When they died or spell over, the total duration will summarize and heal owner.

Example : This spell sleep for 10 seconds.

In secondary duration [at 2 second]: This chance succeed , this monster turn to our life

Their life 100 hp , attack damage 10-15.

Everytimes they attacked they will loss 10-15 life per attack and when they died . The total duration is 5

so 5 x lv hero = heal

If time over and they haven't died yet so it will turn to their enemy side again with current hp.

For talent , u can build up something likes "Increase duration" , "Increase maximum unit" , "Increase nightmare chance" , "Add berserk ability [more damage , more speed"

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  10. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Intresting, I really like the idea although Ill probabbly add it to another hero instead of Eldiamos it doesnt really fit him.

Whats Dream Dust? at the moment its a single target sleep that saps some hp/mana over the duration. All of that is open to change of course.

11. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    If u can give me a name of skill that you want to rework. Maybe i can help u braindstorming an ideal.

12. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure, Volatile Concoction needs a remake badly.

13. XenoStalker

XenoStalker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great map, Kino.

14. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hehe thanks.

15. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Volatile Concoction = Volatile mix in Blindscythe ?

Because i couldn't find the name that you gave.

Description:

Throw a bomb at the target point. after x seconds, that bomb will explode become a big area of fog. The area of fog will big or small depend on your current hp percentage.

at 100% = bomb aoe 150, < this will be increase by 50 in every lower 20% of his current hp.

80% = bomb aoe 200, 60 = 250 , 40 = 300 , 20 = 350. something like this.

Any enemies units that inside the fog will be going to berserk mode. They will attack themselves with more xx% in both damage and speed.

But they get a chance to miss an attack too.

When they missed their attacked, they will take their missing damage + their damage return to them as double [counter attack] and increasing their chance in miss an attack by x%.

Note: If this monster fighting with our hero or anyone. so when they missed , they would take their missing damage plus our damage return as double.

Note 2: If there are many mutiple target likes 1 units attacked by four people. The return damage will be counting from the target that it's attacking.

For talent , you can pick it up likes "increase area of effect by x" , "increase return damage as factor +0.x" , "increase duration" , "adding effect of ministun"

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  16. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tend to forget my spell names, yah its the Blndscythe Bomb.

The idea is there, it causes havoc in an AOE. Perfect. However you migth wanna tone down the complexity of your spells. I mean its absolutely unnecessary and totally overkill to have 7 side effects in one spell.

Lastly is it actually possible to make a unit attack itself? Ive seen a spell which claimed to do that but it never worked ingame.

17. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    It similar to the previous suggestion that i already suggest. [my previous , it should be turn them to our side but this is a bit different]

Turn that units in area to any team that is not related to our team or their team.

So it will be attacked themselves.

My spell didn't get a lot of side effect:

0. Current hp to area of effect [This is just a process to limited your area of effect, if u don't it can be removed]
    1.They attacked themselves [1 effect]
    2.They get a chance to miss attack and increasing their miss percentage [1 effect]
    3.increasing their speed and damage [this is not the effect, but this is a process to rapidly the damage] [This can be removed if u don't want it]
    4.Return damage for miss an attack as double [1 effect]
    5.Formula for return damage [Formula to count a damage source]
    Here

I already attached the files with this post. You can look "Mass confusion" and "Confusion" spells in sorceress units.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  18. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What I mean is get rid of unecessary stuff such as the complex formula calculation of the return damage and of course the bonus attack damage/speed of the spell.

If you abbreviate it down, it ends up as an AOE with a reflecxt damage mechanic which is simple and useful enough for my tastes.

Its not that I dont like spells with side effects, all I need is side effects that actually do something and not just make it more compicated/tedious to understand.

19. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    i wrote in simple way:

1.Throw a bomb and explode.
    2.Any enemies unit in the area, they going berserk.
    3.Everytime they missed their attacked , they will give return damage mutiply x.x plus opponent damage.

NOte : the damage that returned it should be a target that they 're attacking.

Talent will improve mutiply rate and miss chance.

20. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh and btw the testmap, I didnt know you meant that the units become hostile to everything.
    I thought you actually found a way to get a unit to attack itself.
    In that case then its alot easierto understand what youre getting at.