• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dreamvale 2.0i

DREAMVALE - Download
Date: 2010
Genre(s): Tactics CRPG
Players: 1-4

Time passes for all, but for those who dream, time is eternal.
And so within the walls of an ancient city, the brave and the insane descend into a sea of dreams.
Where men never wake and time stands still.

Overview
Build a team of heroes and battle through 7 levels of arcade-y mayhem to escape the land of your nightmares.

Author's Notes
If you like tactical combat, but dislike everything else about RPG's, you may like this.
Just maybe.
It's not very good.

- As there will unlikely be anymore updates, Ive rolled-back the map to the last fully working version.

Keywords:
Dreamvale, Dream, Warchasers, Jungle, Green, Dungeon, Ruins, Dungeon Crawler
Contents

Dreamvale 2.0i (Map)

Level 23
Oh and btw the testmap, I didnt know you meant that the units become hostile to everything.
I thought you actually found a way to get a unit to attack itself.
In that case then its alot easierto understand what youre getting at.

Level 5
1.Hey , after i killed the boss scorpian i don't know which direction should lead to next mission. Although i ran to every direction , i still didn't find the way to go. [Did you forget to put a connection to next mission?]

2.Voliatie bomb difficult to used. Their area seem very small and the enemies hardly to get a hit. fix this please because for now it seem like damage will deal only in that aoe not including 500 range deal x.x damage that u wrote in tooltip , xxx range deal x.x damage.

3.New hero : about summon you should make a light or dark treant in order to know which one is a heal type or explosive type.

4.You should set a limited number of treant and duration.

5.For mission 3 it seem boring i got some ideal. Can u consider it?

Mission 3 ideal.

1.When we began the mission , we walk into the forest and someone ran out with some monster was attacking him.
2.He said he want to go back his town but he get lost. [You have to made many maze to confuse the player]
3.While we're traveling with him, the monster will be attacking your group.
4.That boy couldn't death. If he died , mission would be failed.
5.After the boy found their hometown , he will tell us about the portal in their town haven't worked for many years because there are some monster stolen the power core.
6.He will tell us which direction should lead to that monster.
7.you will be found a lair.
8.When you step up to their lair ,many rockfall will be filled your entrance
9.Boss stage begin now. After it died , it will drop power core and you have to walk follow the way and you will be found exit.
10.Put a item that u found from boss into the portal console. It will be working and that boy will give us some reward.

Last edited:
Level 23
2.Voliatie bomb difficult to used. Their area seem very small and the enemies hardly to get a hit. fix this please because for now it seem like damage will deal only in that aoe not including 500 range deal x.x damage that u wrote in tooltip , xxx range deal x.x damage.

Yah Ill increase the AOE abit. However you read the tooltip wrong, it works properly as it says.

It supposed to deal damage where it lands based on how far it flew, not damage as it flies.

3.New hero : about summon you should make a light or dark treant in order to know which one is a heal type or explosive type.

4.You should set a limited number of treant and duration.

Okay Ill add some sfx as required, as for the treants they do have a duration unless thats bugged?

1.Hey , after i killed the boss scorpian i don't know which direction should lead to next mission. Although i ran to every direction , i still didn't find the way to go. [Did you forget to put a connection to next mission?]

You have to drink the potion that Gamon hands you at the end of the level to pass.

Mission 3 ideal.

1.When we began the mission , we walk into the forest and someone ran out with some monster was attacking him.
2.He said he want to go back his town but he get lost. [You have to made many maze to confuse the player]
3.While we're traveling with him, the monster will be attacking your group.
4.That boy couldn't death. If he died , mission would be failed.
5.After the boy found their hometown , he will tell us about the portal in their town haven't worked for many years because there are some monster stolen the power core.
6.He will tell us which direction should lead to that monster.
7.you will be found a lair.
8.When you step up to their lair ,many rockfall will be filled your entrance
9.Boss stage begin now. After it died , it will drop power core and you have to walk follow the way and you will be found exit.
10.Put a item that u found from boss into the portal console. It will be working and that boy will give us some reward.

Ill change the event to make it somewhat harder but Karoma's Garden will stick as aesthetic concept. I think Karoma's presence needs to be more felt, I dunno maybe throw some flasks and potions all over the place.

Level 5
I don't like your mission 3 because this stage didn't get an interest or attractive ideal.
Your mission :

1. Entrance , we meet that karoma then he told us to kill that thing.
2. After killed that thing , boss stage begin.
3. Kill it and his minion.

It's nothing.

Could you explain "aesthetic concept" ? Well , i don't understand it.

For the stage , yes i saw that stage seem relax and comfortable. Is that thing related to aesthetic concept?

Level 23
1. Entrance , we meet that karoma then he told us to kill that thing.
2. After killed that thing , boss stage begin.
3. Kill it and his minion.

It's nothing.

Could you explain "aesthetic concept" ? Well , i don't understand it.

For the stage , yes i saw that stage seem relax and comfortable. Is that thing related to aesthetic concept?

Well Karoma will be an important character in a later level and plus the concept of her travelling elixir comes back later in the game. Lastly when I meant aesthetic concept, i meant it will be Karoma's Garden in name.

Im fine with changing the minigame, I just want to preserve the current look of the level.

Just to give you some backstory.....
Karoma was the vale's master apothecary known for her skill at potions. You travel to her garden in search of the travelling elixir, a rare concoction that transports one to faraway lands. Upon arriving Gamon tells you then she has left in search of the origin of nightmares, he is suprised that youre only intrested in her travelling elixir but agrees to brew it for you anyway. You then learn the reason why its so rare is that the main component is the venom of the Violet Urchin, a hard to catch creature that Karoma kept in her garden.

Level 5
Can you explain this "Her travelling elixir" and "she left in search of the origin of nightmares"
Well , i don't understand this two sentence. Talk about elixir i just came up with a new ideal but i need a meaning of above parts in order to brainstorming it.

Level 23
Can you explain this "Her travelling elixir" and "she left in search of the origin of nightmares"
Well , i don't understand this two sentence. Talk about elixir i just came up with a new ideal but i need a meaning of above parts in order to brainstorming it.

The traveling elixir is a potion that takes you far away when drunk, its the means by which you escape the third level.

You find Karoma is suprisingly not present, Gamon tells you she has gone elsehwere that is all.

Level 5
This is ideal that i thought.

1. Entrance , we meet karoma then he told us to kill that thing.

2. He will give us an artefact this artefact will be helpful to hunt that monster. Once we activated it, if that monster nearby us xxx range. He will unburrow and starting to attack us.

2. We have to find this monster , kill it , until we got all parts of it. There are x units in this stage.

3. Bring every parts to the Karoma, he will make a completed charm.

4. He will give it back to us. Once we used this thing nearby that big hole, boss stage will begin.

5. Once the boss showed his face . All of us will be dragging into the secret passage of karoma garden.

6.This secret passage look like a maze, we have to find a way and kill boss. Some direction that we go, it can bring us back to the starting point if we go wrong direction. There are x direction , each direction will be given a hint.

Every direction that we go, there are a lot of monster that waiting to attack us. There are many type of monster and many level of it with different pack size.

7.When we killed boss , we picked up "Venom of the Violet Urchin". it will be stored in that charm then we will automatic teleport back to the karoma garden in position that we found this big hole.

8.Bring this charm to karoma , and he will be making it into elixir potion.

9.Drink it and we will travel to the next mission.

Level 23
2. He will give us an artefact this artefact will be helpful to hunt that monster. Once we activated it, if that monster nearby us xxx range. He will unburrow and starting to attack us.

2. We have to find this monster , kill it , until we got all parts of it. There are x units in this stage.

3. Bring every parts to the Karoma, he will make a completed charm.

Ill be honest, I really like the first 3 ideas. Its more close to what i had envisioned when creating this level than what it is now. The concept was to play "whack a mole" with a giant scorpion and I think its a good idea.

Level 23
Its good the way it is, simple in theory I doubt itll be easy in practice though.
Anyway could you answer some questions for me so i can balance the game more?.
Theres no wrong or right answer I just need to know what you do normally.

1) What is you standard hero setup? Or do you choose random heroes?

2) Do you die alot each level?

3) What diificulty do you play?

4) Are any levels considerably shorter/longer than most?

5) Which level/boss is the hardest?

6) How do deal with Sikhar's Enrage?

7) How do you deal with Rhayme's Falling Sky?

8) Is the Scorpion Boss even hard?

Level 5
1. My standard hero is Eldiamos.

Because i have already tried if anyone don't choose this healer. The Game will be ended in early stage. [maybe stage 1]
because i always choose normal mode it made me enjoyable than easy or streamroller [<< really very easy and not fun].

I think easy is similary to streamroller , you need to adjust easy to be harder.

2.If i used this hero , i have to say "No". but if other players really newbie, i will be died a lot.

3.Already said , "Normal"

4. I haven't tried new stage in mission 4 and 5 yet. But from 1-3.
stage 1 , i think you need to put something more because we just attacked that stone and clear boss. It's not enough. [Long with a bit bored]
Stage 2 , Great , both enviorment and boss but for lantern mission , you need to adding more. [Fun , attractive]
stage 3 , need to change , not fun. [ bored]

5.For stage, stage 1 is hardest , a lot of monster and rush to attacked us every minutes, no time to rest.
For boss , stage 2 is hardest , meteor strike . . . Woahh a lot of damage , shadow nightmare it was annoying me .

6.Well , other people just do their job , i just heal , protect them , command them when u have to attack when u have to run.

7.I tried to move everytimes , not stand the same position more than 1-2 seconds.

8.No, it isn't hard that much but I think scorpion's ability need to rework too.

Do you have other question?

Last edited:
Level 5
1. Yes, i ignored it. I kill it after the boss died because it's just annoying me but i didn't take a critical hit from it.
2.Yes, it's dangerous. If the monster start to used it , we will run because it's not be worthwhile if compared to our hp & mana that we lost.
3.Ahhh there are two. the wolf's damage isn't much but it got a high resistance to damage. [Hugh hp] [Stage 2]
and the guardian in stage 1 that used meteor fall. It drained a lot of hp from us.

Level 23
Dude, this rocks, really, though I feel it's difficulty could be upped a little - I like the concept.

Glad you like it, I kinda realised of late that the game gets alot easier with more players so itll be awhile before I can balance it properly.

Anyway, what difficulty did you play and how many people were there?

Level 23
Well I was just walking through the first stage alone on steamroller, yes that's the easiest, but still..

Steamroller is beyond easy, its kinda of a joke difficulty I added for those who are really hopeless at this game type. Easy is the way to go for first timers, unless you know youre really bad at this kind of map

(Wow, I just realized you made Necropolis, loved that game too untill my brother owned me in 1v1)

Am I that famous? XD
Funnily, Id actually want to do a sequel to Necropolis. Might need your help then :)

Level 5
I don't know am i wrong or not.

i already tested until mission 3:

After i already found venom i go to attack minion scorpion. It shooting venom skill to me
after 3 seconds i died. Is it too much of damage , my hp around 9xx but i got poison damage from scorpion minion only 3 seconds and i died.

Other suggest: you should cover the place to hide this big scorpion because if u look in minimap there are 5 brown point to show where is a place to hide for this monster.

Level 23
After i already found venom i go to attack minion scorpion. It shooting venom skill to me
after 3 seconds i died. Is it too much of damage , my hp around 9xx but i get poison skills from scorpion minion only 3 seconds and i died.

Were you set on huge green fire before you died?

Other suggest: you should cover the place to hide this big scorpion because if u look in minimap there are 5 brown point to show where is a place to hide for this monster.

The monster hides anywhere and everywhere, the 5 brown spots are not related to where it hides.

Level 17
Steamroller is beyond easy, its kinda of a joke difficulty I added for those who are really hopeless at this game type. Easy is the way to go for first timers, unless you know youre really bad at this kind of map

Am I that famous? XD
Funnily, Id actually want to do a sequel to Necropolis. Might need your help then :)

What kind of help are you thinking of :O

Level 5
I mean 5 brown spot. It gives a player know where is the quest location.

Were you set on huge green fire before you died? << i don't understand , please explain it.

Level 23
That's okay, say, maybe we should make a dungeon crawler like map together :X

Hehe maybe someday.

And, I've been dying to see this map unprotected (Also some of the Stone Sentinel stuff would look nice on my arena )

Are you talking about the skin I used?, its a public resource at wc3c if youre intrested.

I mean 5 brown spot. It gives a player know where is the quest locatio

I dont get you there, the 5 brown spots on the map are just terrain stuff theyre not related to anything about the quest.

Were you set on huge green fire before you died? << i don't understand , please explain it.

If you get afflicted by all 3 poison types, the toxin will combine and you will die very quickly. The effect is your character set on green fire fire.

Level 5
Oh , i haven't seen it.

when i went to that brown spot and i used a item to call that quest monster.

The positon that monster unburrow it match to the first brown point.

Level 23
when i went to that brown spot and i used a item to call that quest monster.

The positon that monster unburrow it match to the first brown point.

The thumper summons the scorpion at your location, so if youre standing on a brown circle itll come out at a brown circle.

Btw have you defeated the Blademaster Boss in level 2?

Level 17
Hehe maybe someday.

Are you talking about the skin I used?, its a public resource at wc3c if youre intrested.

I dont get you there, the 5 brown spots on the map are just terrain stuff theyre not related to anything about the quest.

If you get afflicted by all 3 poison types, the toxin will combine and you will die very quickly. The effect is your character set on green fire fire.

No talking about the concept, and the recolors of some of the effects.

EDIT:

I need 1/5 Rockslicers to learn Runes of Resonance or something, but Rockslicers requires 5/5 Runes of Resonance?

Level 23
The concept of Stone Sentinel is I wanted a simple damage soak hero, at the same time I didnt want to go with a generic warrior/babarian concept most such maps use. Most of his abilties centre around standing in the centre of a crowd and inflicting area damage.

- Sunder is his main skill
- Earthgrab is for pulling those ranged monsters into stomping radius
- Unleash Runes helps him sruvive longer in the fray
- Petrify is a panic button, also helps to blow away those red health monsters
- Unbound is so called burst of endless hp/mana
- Rune Shroud is just that extra that makes him tougher

If you need to know anything feel free to ask.
You can PM me if you really want the sfx he uses.

Level 17
The concept of Stone Sentinel is I wanted a simple damage soak hero, at the same time I didnt want to go with a generic warrior/babarian concept most such maps use. Most of his abilties centre around standing in the centre of a crowd and inflicting area damage.

- Sunder is his main skill
- Earthgrab is for pulling those ranged monsters into stomping radius
- Unleash Runes helps him sruvive longer in the fray
- Petrify is a panic button, also helps to blow away those red health monsters
- Unbound is so called burst of endless hp/mana
- Rune Shroud is just that extra that makes him tougher

If you need to know anything feel free to ask.
You can PM me if you really want the sfx he uses.

Sure, send them through PM :x

And I know his skills, just that the runes or glyphs or whatever you call them are mixed up.

I took the one that gave him +armor and dmg reduction, because it was needed for Stonecrusher or something.
Stonecrusher needs 5/5 of that and 5/5 of Runes of Renosance or something..
But Runes of Renonsance neds 1/5 of that armor skill and 1/5 of Stonecrusher >.<

Level 23
I took the one that gave him +armor and dmg reduction, because it was needed for Stonecrusher or something.
Stonecrusher needs 5/5 of that and 5/5 of Runes of Renosance or something..
But Runes of Renonsance neds 1/5 of that armor skill and 1/5 of Stonecrusher >.<

Prolly a bug, Ill have a look into that.

3LF

3LF

Level 2
What is up with the empowered shadows? We killed Rhayme in seconds, being on streamroller, and two empowered shadows showed up and bashlocked us to death in seconds.

Level 23
What is up with the empowered shadows? We killed Rhayme in seconds, being on streamroller, and two empowered shadows showed up and bashlocked us to death in seconds.

Dancing Shadows spawn at half health and slowly regen to full, when they reach full health they transform. You have to prevent their transformation at all cost.

Btw have you defeated the Blademaster Boss in level 2? <<< what is this blade master boss? not illdan boss?
Like Naro said, you gotta find him :p

Level 17
Map Name: Dreamvale

Concept
What is this map about?
Dreamvale is a dungeon crawler about dreamrealms..
It has little new features to bring to the genre but it's a good one nonetheless.
Nothing more to say about that!
Final Rating: 4

Visual
How does this map look?
Now this is where the Dreamvale stands out, I've played some dungeon crawlers.
Alot of which have better terrains, with some exceptions.
But the funny thing about Dreamvale is: it looks so awesome,
yet it does not visually lag on slower systems! I've been a fan of your terraining
since I played Necropolis, and I still am, marvelous!
Final Rating: 5

Gameplay
How does this map feel?
Some dungeon crawlers have less systems, making it feel like Warchasers, some have to much,
making it feel like a rpg. Dreamvale has different areas, fast-paced gameplay (stories are told, but they do not get boring),
talent trees and well balanced heroes, it could use some more though!
Final Rating: 4

Replayability
Is this worth playing again?
Considering the fact it's hard to beat, even on easy, and the coolness of playing through it with different heroes, I'd say yes!
I would love to replay Dreamvale over and over and over again.
Final Rating: 5

Rating
This will be the the sum of all ratings divided by 4.

Final Note
You probably will, but I'm just saying: add more heroes and items!

Level 4
Haha! More good and good per updates! This become one of my "Favourite WarCraftIII Maps"! :xxd:
I having fun with my friends, and that's time I'm really happy, play awesome map with friends.
Hmmm... your map inspire me to create a map, maybe when I'm 17+.
+REP for you to create an awesome and "inspirating" map. :thumbs_up:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT : Aw, man. "You must spread some reputation first before giving it to Kino again."

Level 23
Kay, heres a strategy I used for Nglash...
He doesnt scale very well with players I must admit, but hes definitely doable 2 man.

The trick of the fight is to bunch up together to dampen out his locust swarm damage. You should try to stay close together as much as you can.

Try to keep him in one of the corners, so when he starts life draining you can run freely to the other side and out of range.

If he drops a plague cloud just move away.

His ult scatters people around the room, so you just bunch up again when its over.

Nglash is easily the hardest boss in Dreamvale right now but hes doable thats for sure.
Oh btw I have a bunch of suggestions for TAT, but its getting late now so Ill send the tommorrow.

Level 17
Kay, heres a strategy I used for Nglash...
He doesnt scale very well with players I must admit, but hes definitely doable 2 man.

The trick of the fight is to bunch up together to dampen out his locust swarm damage. You should try to stay close together as much as you can.

Try to keep him in one of the corners, so when he starts life draining you can run freely to the other side and out of range.

If he drops a plague cloud just move away.

His ult scatters people around the room, so you just bunch up again when its over.

Nglash is easily the hardest boss in Dreamvale right now but hes doable thats for sure.
Oh btw I have a bunch of suggestions for TAT, but its getting late now so Ill send the tommorrow.

Yes, you go send them >:3