1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dreamvale 2.0i

Submitted by Kino
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
DREAMVALE - Download
Date: 2010
Genre(s): Tactics CRPG
Players: 1-4

Time passes for all, but for those who dream, time is eternal.
And so within the walls of an ancient city, the brave and the insane descend into a sea of dreams.
Where men never wake and time stands still.

Overview
Build a team of heroes and battle through 7 levels of arcade-y mayhem to escape the land of your nightmares.

Author's Notes
If you like tactical combat, but dislike everything else about RPG's, you may like this.
Just maybe.
It's not very good.

Changelogs

- As there will unlikely be anymore updates, Ive rolled-back the map to the last fully working version.

Keywords:
Dreamvale, Dream, Warchasers, Jungle, Green, Dungeon, Ruins, Dungeon Crawler
Contents

Dreamvale 2.0i (Map)

1. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is this stage 2 boss get a problems same as Zalaphon?

I just go near him . . . and when it begin i shoot it one shot dead.

2. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well the way the game works is that certain boss abilities only kick into effect after x seconds. The triggers do not check if the boss is dead or not. I never bothered to implement such a system since its impossible to actually kill them that fast in a real game.

However Ive fixed it just to be sure in 0.92 that is.

Anyway Ive used your Screenshot for the description XD
    Id love to rep you more but the site doesnt allow it.

3. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    After i already test it i found out that if illdan die in one shot, illdan will revive around 5-6 times to attack your unit in that stage.

After a while the scene will turn out like this.

If u wish to stay in this stage , their scene will become like this picture.

But if u go to other stage while it still not turning , so the scene will change in next stage.

[​IMG]

After you passed stage 3 , and go to stage 4 this thing will not happen again.

There are some wrong tooltip. Do you see the top right in this picture? It wrote Dreamvale 0.7 [instead of 0.91]

There are wrong hotkey in archer talent "Needler". Instead of "A". You should put "Z"

I want to suggest in stage 3 again:

You said you want it simple. So the stage is a ruin temple , why don't use put more trap in that ruin?

Stage 1,5:

It has a hidden wipe between one rowel and another rowel, they have to scout them before pass it. If not they will take a minor damage plus

massive curse [negative spell likes slow , shock , deregenerate , frenzy [each attack decrease your life by x%], etc.].

This wipe won't invisible but they will hard to look at it. I think you should change the transparency of wipe.

This wipe can be destroyed by skill [Shoot it only one time and it will disappear]

Stage 2-3-4:

1.some direction that they move , they may walk pass the trap and then the poison arrows shot from somewhere to him.

2.some patten of wall, when they go snap with it, so the guillotine throw down and stab the intruder.

Guillotine have 2 kind of effect up to the chance:

One : If intruder can't dodge it , so deal a % of current hp [heavy damage].
    Two : If intruder can dodge it , they will not receive any damage , but they will knockback a bit.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  4. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It depends really, Ive tried countless times and I still cant get what you said to happen.
    But really it has no implications unless you use whosyourdaddy.

As for the suggestion, I think adding some newer traps will be a good idea. I aim to abuse a few trap types in creative ways but It think some exotic traps will be good toward the end.

5. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    After i killed illdan my screen become likes below picture.

[​IMG]

6. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thats perfectly normal, its been like that since forever.

And once again dont mind if I use your screenshots, I really like them.

7. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nope. The last version , sometimes it turn to normal one [no purple or red screen cover]

8. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well Ive never changed anythign related to that so thats kinda funny.

More importantly, can I have a list of friends you tested this with. I seriously need to update my credits.

9. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think i have to say "Nope" again. Because i hosted your map in public. Some people join my room and out while the game was running and some people join my room and play a long run until the fatal error showed.

So i don't have a list of name that testing your map . I apologize for that.

and that you saw in the screenshot sometimes i test it alone.

10. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok thgen so Ill just add you to the credits.

Anyways just to be ultra ultra sure ive taken apart the whole "next level" trigger and rebuilt it. If the problem crops up again well... I dont know.

Btw is this a new fatal error or?

11. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -----
    - Added some new events to all levels.
    - Remade the Delirium level.
    - Increased the health of most summons
    - Changed some incosistency in Eldiamos' talents
    - Zalaphon is less cake.
    - Shortened and made Sikhar's Vigil even easier.

12. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe you should post your changelog into the front page.

I think you shouldn' make Mirana in front of ruin. It makes that ruin not mystery.

I want to suggest more event in sunken ruin like

ideal1:
    "Everytimes we killed them, they got a chance to respawn as a ghost"

Ghost deal a less damage but they can't be killed. They will die after duration was over.

ideal2:

I want to suggest to put a negative effect to both 4 rune. It will give a negative effect to our hero.

If you're staying in the ruin. Your hero will take this curse.

ideal3: Each time that mini-boss do the damage to us. Any life that we lost to him. It will be collected to somewhere. When we killed all of mini boss. The life that they were collecting from us. It will increase boss's hp , attack damage , armor , regen , cooldown , and etc. [Calculate in percentage from the life that we lost.

After we finish in quest 2, when we go to the lobby. The screen turn to green not like the purple that you said.

Your new mission seem boring and annoy.

I have to crack my items down and gather that artefact to put in the rendral.

and your uber it's like other a normal unit. It doesn't look like mini-boss.

Some normal units look overpower than mini boss like unit that cast a flame strike.

Maybe you could change to "We have to defense something from any enemies until the time was over"

If any point have been taken , we couldn't recovery it again. So Beware!

If 3/4 have been taken. That mean rendral will turn against us. It will make nightmare and his minion become stronger, spawn faster, and sometimes mini-boss will spawn too. [Use change xx% of each spawn]

If rendral change his side. When the nightmare cast that spell . We won' see anything like the previous ideal that i posted.

So the spirit of nature will stay our side or stay with enemy's side. It's up to us.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  13. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So where do you think she should go then?

Idea one is intresting but firstly level one already has too mnay monsters on screen, makign this would only worsen this.

Idea 2: I dont understand what youre saying

Idea 3: Is neat but it kinda is counterproductive if you think abotu it. Since newer players who are likely to be slower at taking out the minibosses will suffer. And experienced players will have an easier time than they already have. That kinda defeats the purpose. no?

Isnt that what you wanted?

Now that you phrase it like that I kinda understand what you were saying all along. The zone control idea is neat and probabbly way better than the current one. However the 6 memories and their items are significant later on and so they need to be there somehow.

All that said 0.93 will be likely the last update for Dreamvale I dont really wanna work on this anymore.

14. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    But the map still not successful. It's beta. Will you drop it?

There are many thing that you still don't put it into the dreamvale and something still missing.

like : for now ,

you got only 4 dungeon.

Each of dungeon still a piece of cake.

Hero's skills unfinished.

and much more.

15. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How are the skills unfinished?

And for difficulty, I have no replays of anyone doing this so I have no idea how to do this balance wise

16. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    - - * Skill seem not custom enough.

From what i seen , most of your skills it related to heal.

It like a small group of ability that focus on heal and damage. Not much ideal and detail that related to the background character. I think so.

Nevermind, maybe i thought it too much. It have to been simple like this , so this is a kind of minigame map.

I think it too complicate , i apologize for that.

17. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not custom enough are you kidding me?
    Yes every hero needs to be able to self heal, hence Dreamvale has no healer class.
    And for balance reasons what else could you implement but heal and damage?

Yah Dreamvale is intended to be simple, complication kills the map entirely.

18. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hope your next project will be a long run than this dreamvale.

19. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, my next project will be Dreamvale.
    Redid and remade from bare scratches, the map in its current state is too tarshed up to make anything out of hence im starting again.

The lesson Ive learnt from this and Necropolis is too generally get the basics set out and well designed. As well as content spam generally sucks.

20. selffire

selffire

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice map you made kino. l really like the terrain. It has some nice ideas and is decent. l like your spells with the combination of the talents. What l don't like is the balance. With 4 Players who are new its almost impossible even on the difficult easy. Another annoying thing is that the spell range of the first boss is too large. Can you maybe make more interesting items maybe? 4 times in a row the same items dropped. (This item with +1 Stats). It would be better to make more variotion of items. Atleast l have to say you did a great job with creating good tooltips.

greetings from

~selffire~