• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Help w/ Screen Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I've seen in other maps, like Dreamvale, TKOK that for example during hero selection time you cannot move out of your current screen with your mouse. Now the map is obviously bigger than that screen but somehow its blocked during that time.

Anyone can tell me how its done?

Level 33
It locks your camera to the current-hero-view
  • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to CurrentHeroViewUnit, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
And if you want to prevent players to scroll their mouse upward/downward, you should do this and force the camera to be in that view per 0.03 second (the fastest)

Play with the action Camera - Set Camera Field (Timed)
You can adjust its distance of camera to target unit, the offset (X, Y, Z coordinates) and so on

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I've already made such a forced view on camera, as bugged and trashy as it was.

The idea with the unit is cool, but I already kinda knew this.

I'm not sure you both understand. Let's say that:

-I make a large map (128x128)
-I create a small piece of the map (12x12) to be only for hero selection. However I know players would love to stroll through the map before picking heroes which is what I want to prevent. How to get them stuck to that one (12x12) place until they picked a hero? I've seen this in maps, you play on a large map but when you try to go with your mouse left right top down it shows the arrow icon when the end of the screen is reached, however this is only for the selected screen.

Level 12
Make a region, the 12x12 area. Set the camera to lock to that region. I think that ought to work. I believe maker's Coords suggestion is a better way of doing exactly that. lock the camera to that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.