• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Custom Loading Screen w/ Player Loading Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Everyone,

Trying to figure out how to accomplish something I've certainly seen done before, but I'm unfortunately finding few hits on how to properly do this. I would like to use a custom loading screen for my map, but also have the player loading progress bars that are seen when loading into a melee match. How would one go about doing this? Any responses and information on this is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Sincerely,
Adorm

The loading screen which slows player loading progress is split up into 4 different images.

UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-BotLeft.blp
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-TopLeft.blp
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-Random-BotRight.blp
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-Random-TopRight.blp

You can overwrite them in the import manager.

Level 4
@TriggerHappy I've seen the documents regarding these files before, but I'm still unsure of how this can be used with a custom image, opening the .blp for the Loading-Human-TopRight it is the Dwarf with twin axes? When you say overwrite, I could import these and point them to a custom file kind of like the high-def loading screen correct? If you could elaborate it would be really appreciated.

Level 4
@TriggerHappy How exactly would this be done in the editor? I import these 4 files (pulled from the mpq) into the Editor, then how do I link them to my own images?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
When you say overwrite, I could import these and point them to a custom file kind of like the high-def loading screen correct?
Yes replace them with import manager using your own BLP file. This BLP file should support any resolution as long as it is not malformed.

Be aware that currently it is not possible to get non 4:3 loading screens. Although 1.29 allows >512 dimension BLP files it limits loading screens to 4:3 resolution. This also means the 1920x1080 loading screen model is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.