• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Somehow I'm selecting a locust unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm updating my map and have a turret unit (with locust ability) that I "attach" to another unit by constantly moving them together. The regular unit is a ship and can be selected normally. The turret unit is a unit with locust. Ordinarily I cannot select the turret, obviously.

I was testing my map online with a friend and during our fight I somehow was able to select his turret. We were lagging a bit if that means anything. I don't believe I ever "remove" the locust ability and I didn't think that worked anyway. I have no idea why this would happen. Can anyone think of how a locust unit could be selected?

Level 5
Maybe you have an "add unit to player selection" thing going on. I don't know the exact action, but adding a unit to a player's selection can create some weird situations where you select an enemy unit as well as your own units. Something like this could happen with locusts units?

I don't have access to WE atm, so just throwing an idea out. :)

Level 14
It's so weird. I selected it earlier and just stared in disbelief at it. It had an "invulnerable" buff on it...which the unit doesn't have normally. It was so strange. I think I might make a copy of the map and delete everything but that unit just to see if I can isolate the bug.

Anyway, I designed a work around by just detecting whenever someone selects that turret and then swap it out for another unit. So strange though.

Status
Not open for further replies.