• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

making a locust unit attack faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I want to make some turrets on a ship (with the locust ability) attack faster if they are near a powerplant building.

Here's what I tried:
1. I gave the building the endurance aura ability but it appears that locust-units do not benefit from auras.

2. I gave the locust unit the gloves of haste item ability, made it a unit ability. Then I set it to require a dummy unit. If the powerplant building blows up, I remove the dummy unit. The gloves of haste ability did not seem to increase their attack speed.

3. I could make a second locust unit with slower attack speed, and just replace them when the powerplant blows up, but I have multiple kinds of turrets so it would mean 6-8 new custom units. It's not a big deal, but I was wondering if there was less expensive solution.

FIXED: I found an upgrade that I could. I just set the attack speed to -50% and gave them the upgrade when i blew up the power plant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.