1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dreamvale 2.0i

Submitted by Kino
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
DREAMVALE - Download
Date: 2010
Genre(s): Tactics CRPG
Players: 1-4

Time passes for all, but for those who dream, time is eternal.
And so within the walls of an ancient city, the brave and the insane descend into a sea of dreams.
Where men never wake and time stands still.

Overview
Build a team of heroes and battle through 7 levels of arcade-y mayhem to escape the land of your nightmares.

Author's Notes
If you like tactical combat, but dislike everything else about RPG's, you may like this.
Just maybe.
It's not very good.

Changelogs

- As there will unlikely be anymore updates, Ive rolled-back the map to the last fully working version.

Keywords:
Dreamvale, Dream, Warchasers, Jungle, Green, Dungeon, Ruins, Dungeon Crawler
Contents

Dreamvale 2.0i (Map)

1. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    '

Was whosyourdaddy on?

Yah Im working on that.

2. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think i found a major bug in 0.8b

If someone choose a hero, the 3 remaining player will go to this screen and they can't choose a heroes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  3. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Fixed:p

Anyway you still havent answered my question, did you use whosyourdaddy on Zalaphon or not?

Added 0.8c to fix above bugs

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  4. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    First time , in 0.8 , I would say "No" because i play with my friends until the last boss and that fatal error bug makes us split out.

Second time , in 0.8b , I would say "Yes" because i test it alone.

If i use some cheat to test your map and make u mad , so i apologize.

5. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Im not angry, I just wanted to ask. Anyway since you used cheats that means its not a bug.

Zalaphons chains etc. wont spawn if you kill him instantly.

6. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hope u may makes a new state with idealize mini-game soon.

Your map really fun [unique type i think so]

The non player character that settle in waiting room.

i think he may be used to give a player choice. Which hell or holy gate that they have to go in their dream. Something like that.

7. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was thinking of doing something ike that too XD.

Anyway thanks for testing, its been really helpful.

8. Psycho14

Psycho14

Resources:
    Resources:
    i'm not sure, but i think boss on lvl 3 is bugged...
    me and my 2 friends i play with did everything (we think) and nothing happens... blades don't move, the 4 khaazma's are pointed toward the middle and invulnerable and they ignore us...
    ???

9. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Was everyone standing in the middle of the room?

10. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I haven't found a bug like that in boss #3

If you already walked to the center of that room. 4 of Khaazma will disappear and 1 true Khaazma will show up.

11. Psycho14

Psycho14

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes, all 3 of us were standing exactly in the middle (even the bloodmage-caster's summons). We really did everything...
    Oh, i just rmbered, we did something a bit unusual but i dunno if it matters... anyway:
    whilst we were fighting the 3 nightmares (draenei-mage skin) that protected the door to khaazma, in the middle of the fight one of us pulled some lever - it made the 3 nightmares die, together with all their clones, and the door open.
    I'm not sure about this, but i THINK the the nightmares kept reviving with full hp after we killed them (NOT sure about this one)

ALSO
    regarding the Curator - his bush-summoning spell (don't rmb the name) is quite useless =/ you might wanna replace it with something else... I dunno... Either a single-target dmg/disable, or AoE dmg/disable, or maybe some sort of buff... maybe extra armour to 1 ally? or... link yourself to an ally and distribute a certain % of the dmg? i dunno rly

12. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Old Eldiamos IS incredibly useless, being the first hero ever made for this map. Partly because his design is really outdated and rather RPG styled, He will get a partial overhaul and some nuking power in 0.9

13. MagiC_AntO.

MagiC_AntO.

Resources:
    Resources:
    i like the idea good work on all aspects of the game , good job

14. mckill2009

mckill2009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    why cant I view the screenshots?

15. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, i want to suggest if u open a suggestion.

16. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Im always open to suggestions.

Im not sure about this, they work perfectly for me.

17. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think i found bug in stage three.

If we destroy the jewel bomb while the boss is near them. It will die too.

In stage 4: Reliquary Seether, their cooldown in catch spells seem too fast, maybe increase it a bit.

I know it still a beta. but after the stage 4 when i killed boss already. You should make like this, the screen become blank and you wrote it

with "It still a beta version , any feedback , please visit us at www.xxxxxxxxxxx].

After that just show something that remind the player, this is already ended likes the other maps.

Below part is my suggestion:

First stage:

1.Stone Rune [4 stone] make it immune against magic. Because they can just run near the pillar and uses magic area damage skills to attack it.

2.you may change a guardian in each stone likes fire cold wind earth.

and replace all of mini boss spell in boss's spell. So boss can use any spell of mini boss + boss utimate spell.

Second stage:

1.Event may change to protect a heart of nature. there are 2-4 point.

If you could protect 3/4 point , then your treant will stay as allies but if not they will change to corrupt treant and it will attack us.

2.Increase nightmare ability likes

After he casting a spell. Our hero vision become 100 for xx seconds..

While our unit in the dark vision. We have to find a green nightmare and destroy it or wait it until the duration is over.

In the dark area, Nightmare will create image of ours. This shadow will have ability and damage same as the real one. But they will do a damage

only 75%. If we attacked it, we would be receive a damage same as them.

[While nightmare casting ,he will teleport to the any area that nearby wisp ; in the area that wisp will move through it]

If we can make a nature become our allies it will be good. Because wisp got ablity like a ward to reveal the vision and it will move around this stage.

Third stage:

Make all traps pause their action. They will not move but they can hurt someone that go nearby them.

It have to makes a lever in every stage in a hidden area [stage : each portal]

If we don't turn up this lever. The trap will not move , and the portal can't be use.

But if we reached the portals while the lever still turn off. The trap will turn on immediately. [It will be moving]

[Note: If the trap is turn on, because they reach the portal. A monster will replace again.

[Note2: If we don't turn the level. Moving trap will pause and trap that aren't moving it will invisible.]

If we turn on the lever , Moving trap will move and trap that aren't moving it will de-invisible.]

So they have to turn back to open this lever and come here again.

Fourth stage:

My ideal in this section. it about we have to make a six mini statue of zalaphon [Not including a big one].

If the big statue already destroyed, the spirit of zalaphon can move out to the other zalaphon statue.

so they can continue killing us. The mini statue of zalaphon make a function likes a barrack. If we can destroy

all of them. That mean their army will not reborn again and Zalaphon couldn't evacuate to other statue too.

Also, in every xx minutes , if we can't destroy all of mini statue. It can rebuild [Effect with mini statue , not the big one]. But if all of 6 statue are

already destroy. The statue won't rebuild.

[Note: Creep will spawn from 7 statue [Big tatue of Zalaphon and 6 mini statue]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  18. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You have a point there, it ends too abruptly at the moment.

As for the chaos fragment thing, Im pretty sure you cant kill the fragments at all. Can you explain clearer about what you mean.

Actually being able to use spells on the stones is intended, I went through alot of trouble to make sure the stones are nukable.

I dont really understand what your saying. Do you mean give the mini bosses weaker versions of the boss spells or the other way round?

Personaly I like the idea of blindness you suggested. Ill think about this and probabbly give the Delirium a good remake, the current event is too static and doesnt show off the terrain XD.

Im not very fond of this one, personally I like it simple and easy to learn. Heck I doubt i can even script that.

Heh, I was thinking of somethign very simillar, Ill probabbly end up doing this since Zalaphon is too cake as a final boss.

19. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok , i understand something missing. It's correct that explosive ball can't be destroyed.

But this scene , do you make it ? It seem likes a bug wih stage 2.

After i killed them . They're playing their dead with a loop. You will hear their sound [illdan killing yourself as many time as you want]

And when i turn to stage 3 . After i talk with tree spirit . the scene become dark like this picture.

It look nice , i think so. Beautiful one.

[​IMG]

For stage 1 : I mean , you should make a stone become invulable if we don't kill mini boss that guard in that area.

and we could change a guardian in each area of rune. likes fire cold wind earth element.You should make it more stronger too. Because for now it kinda weak.

After we destryoed all of four rune , the boss will appear.

Boss will contain the spells of four miniboss with more higher level , plus their utimate spells for himself.

Other ideal for other stage, do you remember what i said before about "The chronicle teller in the waiting room"

I just think that if we choose one mission from the list that npc gave.

Although we finished that quest , we have to turn back to do the other quest in that list too. But any mission that we do it before.

It may effect to the other mission too. It can be both negative and positive effect.

Example : We do A mission finished , we chase all our enemies. Then we go to B mission , we found out that our enemies that we chase in

previous mission are mixing with other enemies and grow more stronger with need more strategy to defeat them. Something like that.

If it turn in positive way, maybe they give us what we wants.

or it turn to nothing [no any effect].

I think you can use if else statement to do this kind of work. What is your opinion?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  20. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm that picture is intresting, firstly how did you kill the second boss?
    Was he in invisible phase when he died or?

Infact Sikhar already does do that to some extent, I admit that not all the minibosses work the way they should but...

Miniboss 1 has sparkblast
    Miniboss 2 has frenzy
    Miniboss 3 has a collapse like spell but he doesnt use it for some reason.
    Miniboss 4 will spam chain lightning which is kinda random imo, but hey it hurts XD