• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dreamvale 2.0i

DREAMVALE - Download
Date: 2010
Genre(s): Tactics CRPG
Players: 1-4

Time passes for all, but for those who dream, time is eternal.
And so within the walls of an ancient city, the brave and the insane descend into a sea of dreams.
Where men never wake and time stands still.

Overview
Build a team of heroes and battle through 7 levels of arcade-y mayhem to escape the land of your nightmares.

Author's Notes
If you like tactical combat, but dislike everything else about RPG's, you may like this.
Just maybe.
It's not very good.

- As there will unlikely be anymore updates, Ive rolled-back the map to the last fully working version.

Keywords:
Dreamvale, Dream, Warchasers, Jungle, Green, Dungeon, Ruins, Dungeon Crawler
Contents

Dreamvale 2.0i (Map)

Level 23
Ok thgen so Ill just add you to the credits.

Anyways just to be ultra ultra sure ive taken apart the whole "next level" trigger and rebuilt it. If the problem crops up again well... I dont know.

Btw is this a new fatal error or?

Level 23
-----
- Added some new events to all levels.
- Remade the Delirium level.
- Increased the health of most summons
- Changed some incosistency in Eldiamos' talents
- Zalaphon is less cake.
- Shortened and made Sikhar's Vigil even easier.

Level 5
Maybe you should post your changelog into the front page.

I think you shouldn' make Mirana in front of ruin. It makes that ruin not mystery.

I want to suggest more event in sunken ruin like

ideal1:
"Everytimes we killed them, they got a chance to respawn as a ghost"

Ghost deal a less damage but they can't be killed. They will die after duration was over.

ideal2:

I want to suggest to put a negative effect to both 4 rune. It will give a negative effect to our hero.

If you're staying in the ruin. Your hero will take this curse.

ideal3: Each time that mini-boss do the damage to us. Any life that we lost to him. It will be collected to somewhere. When we killed all of mini boss. The life that they were collecting from us. It will increase boss's hp , attack damage , armor , regen , cooldown , and etc. [Calculate in percentage from the life that we lost.

After we finish in quest 2, when we go to the lobby. The screen turn to green not like the purple that you said.

Your new mission seem boring and annoy.

I have to crack my items down and gather that artefact to put in the rendral.

and your uber it's like other a normal unit. It doesn't look like mini-boss.

Some normal units look overpower than mini boss like unit that cast a flame strike.

Maybe you could change to "We have to defense something from any enemies until the time was over"

If any point have been taken , we couldn't recovery it again. So Beware!

If 3/4 have been taken. That mean rendral will turn against us. It will make nightmare and his minion become stronger, spawn faster, and sometimes mini-boss will spawn too. [Use change xx% of each spawn]

If rendral change his side. When the nightmare cast that spell . We won' see anything like the previous ideal that i posted.

So the spirit of nature will stay our side or stay with enemy's side. It's up to us.

Last edited:
Level 23
I think you shouldn' make Mirana in front of ruin. It makes that ruin not mystery.

I want to suggest more event in sunken ruin like

So where do you think she should go then?

ideal1:
"Everytimes we killed them, they got a chance to respawn as a ghost"

Ghost deal a less damage but they can't be killed. They will die after duration was over.

ideal2:

I want to suggest to put a negative effect to both 4 rune. It will give a negative effect to our hero.

If you're staying in the ruin. Your hero will take this curse.

ideal3: Each time that mini-boss do the damage to us. Any life that we lost to him. It will be collected to somewhere. When we killed all of mini boss. The life that they were collecting from us. It will increase boss's hp , attack damage , armor , regen , cooldown , and etc. [Calculate in percentage from the life that we lost.

Idea one is intresting but firstly level one already has too mnay monsters on screen, makign this would only worsen this.

Idea 2: I dont understand what youre saying

Idea 3: Is neat but it kinda is counterproductive if you think abotu it. Since newer players who are likely to be slower at taking out the minibosses will suffer. And experienced players will have an easier time than they already have. That kinda defeats the purpose. no?

After we finish in quest 2, when we go to the lobby. The screen turn to green not like the purple that you said.

Isnt that what you wanted?

Your new mission seem boring and annoy.

I have to crack my items down and gather that artefact to put in the rendral.

and your uber it's like other a normal unit. It doesn't look like mini-boss.

Some normal units look overpower than mini boss like unit that cast a flame strike.

Maybe you could change to "We have to defense something from any enemies until the time was over"

If any point have been taken , we couldn't recovery it again. So Beware!

If 3/4 have been taken. That mean rendral will turn against us. It will make nightmare and his minion become stronger, spawn faster, and sometimes mini-boss will spawn too. [Use change xx% of each spawn]

If rendral change his side. When the nightmare cast that spell . We won' see anything like the previous ideal that i posted.

So the spirit of nature will stay our side or stay with enemy's side. It's up to us.

Now that you phrase it like that I kinda understand what you were saying all along. The zone control idea is neat and probabbly way better than the current one. However the 6 memories and their items are significant later on and so they need to be there somehow.

All that said 0.93 will be likely the last update for Dreamvale I dont really wanna work on this anymore.

Level 5
But the map still not successful. It's beta. Will you drop it?

There are many thing that you still don't put it into the dreamvale and something still missing.

like : for now ,

you got only 4 dungeon.

Each of dungeon still a piece of cake.

Hero's skills unfinished.

and much more.

Level 5
- - * Skill seem not custom enough.

From what i seen , most of your skills it related to heal.

It like a small group of ability that focus on heal and damage. Not much ideal and detail that related to the background character. I think so.

Nevermind, maybe i thought it too much. It have to been simple like this , so this is a kind of minigame map.

I think it too complicate , i apologize for that.

Level 23
- - * Skill seem not custom enough.

From what i seen , most of your skills it related to heal.

It like a small group of ability that focus on heal and damage. Not much ideal and detail that related to the background character. I think so.

Nevermind, maybe i thought it too much. It have to been simple like this , so this is a kind of minigame map.

Not custom enough are you kidding me?
Yes every hero needs to be able to self heal, hence Dreamvale has no healer class.
And for balance reasons what else could you implement but heal and damage?

Yah Dreamvale is intended to be simple, complication kills the map entirely.

Level 23
Well, my next project will be Dreamvale.
Redid and remade from bare scratches, the map in its current state is too tarshed up to make anything out of hence im starting again.

The lesson Ive learnt from this and Necropolis is too generally get the basics set out and well designed. As well as content spam generally sucks.

Level 4
Nice map you made kino. l really like the terrain. It has some nice ideas and is decent. l like your spells with the combination of the talents. What l don't like is the balance. With 4 Players who are new its almost impossible even on the difficult easy. Another annoying thing is that the spell range of the first boss is too large. Can you maybe make more interesting items maybe? 4 times in a row the same items dropped. (This item with +1 Stats). It would be better to make more variotion of items. Atleast l have to say you did a great job with creating good tooltips.

greetings from

~selffire~

Level 23
Nice map you made kino. l really like the terrain. It has some nice ideas and is decent. l like your spells with the combination of the talents. What l don't like is the balance. With 4 Players who are new its almost impossible even on the difficult easy. Another annoying thing is that the spell range of the first boss is too large. Can you maybe make more interesting items maybe? 4 times in a row the same items dropped. (This item with +1 Stats). It would be better to make more variotion of items. Atleast l have to say you did a great job with creating good tooltips.

Well the main loot is sold from a shop at the end of each level.
The +1 stat items are kind of just inventory fillers since its the first level.

Balance wise Im iffy, some people claim its impossible on easy, others say Mythic is cake.
Which leaves me wondering....

Level 4
I'm already play this map. All is awesome, but there are 2 things i don't like :
-Only 4 chapters. Too recapitulative too play.
-Items. "Description" each items is nice, but only give a few effects. (Only +2 armor, only +3 strength, only +3 to all stats, etc)
Things I request :
-Add more heroes (2-3 more heroes?) and more player slots (6 or 7 slots)
-Add more chapters
-Add more effects on items
And that's all! This map have a good potential. It's remind of Tomb of Jarahcon. But I don't compare this map to other people's maps.
Anyway, GJ and keep up the good work! 3.5/5:ogre_haosis:

Level 23
Only 4 chapters. Too recapitulative too play.

Ill add more in the future, but the amount of time it takes to get a new stage working is very long.

Add more heroes (2-3 more heroes?) and more player slots (6 or 7 slots)

Like levels ,new heroes will come eventually, there are actually 8 heroes ingame. although you can only play 6.

As for player count in probabbly not going to increase it. Its balanced in respect to a small team and therefore any more players you add makes easier significantly.

Add more effects on items

Im currently overhauling the enite way spells scale, next version may feature a "spell power" stat depending if it works or not.

Level 4
Its actucal quite hard to play this game in public. The 3 public players used their spells often but it we couldn't manage to kill the creeps fast enough before they dealt heavy damage with their aoe spells.
l'm sure this game wasn't meant to be played in public. However l have nobody whos interested in playing this game. Thats why l play it in public.
l hope this message helps you to understand what l mean with impossible with 4 player.

Maybe add a difficult only for public? its easier than easy^^
To your problem with people telling its too easy on mystic. Maybe add a Hell difficult. It could be 100% harder than mystic.
l hope this message helped you to understand what l mean with 4 players its impossible on easy.

greetings ~selffire~

Last edited:
Level 2
First off, I think this is a very, very nice map.
I played it with two friends in LAN on normal mode and we had great fun with it :)
There are some minor issues thou:

Respawning after a teamwipe at the beginning of the stage would be really nice, so you don't have to start all over again (or use savegames which might be corrupted). The Revive-Wisp is a great idea though.

The blade maze is extremely hard and we only managed to beat it (on normal) because we abused a bug with the armor-buff-item, which gives +100 armor for 5 seconds but doesn't have a cooldown. I'd recommend lowering the amount of enemies in the first stage of the maze (up until the point where they stopped respawning).
The level idea is great, but running through a maze of almost-instagibbing-blades with a horde of enemies on your ass, who never stop respawning and then dying to respawning permabashing dudes is not really fun.

It's a shame you never see a well developed talent tree due to the few amount of levels ;)

Despite all this, we had great fun with this map.
Keep up the good work!

Level 23
Respawning after a teamwipe at the beginning of the stage would be really nice, so you don't have to start all over again (or use savegames which might be corrupted). The Revive-Wisp is a great idea though.

Im actually thinking of adding a life system to Dreamvale, its currently so easy to recover from dying that suicide is a viable way to replensh mana. Which is simply wtf.

The blade maze is extremely hard and we only managed to beat it (on normal) because we abused a bug with the armor-buff-item, which gives +100 armor for 5 seconds but doesn't have a cooldown. I'd recommend lowering the amount of enemies in the first stage of the maze (up until the point where they stopped respawning).
The level idea is great, but running through a maze of almost-instagibbing-blades with a horde of enemies on your ass, who never stop respawning and then dying to respawning permabashing dudes is not really fun.

Thanks for pointing out, ill have the armour item fixed.
FYI the Big Purple mosnters are the ones who cast ressurect, you kill them and everything will stop respawning. As for the permabashers theyre more like traps than monsters. Just kill them and run through quickly while theyre down.

It's a shame you never see a well developed talent tree due to the few amount of levels ;)

The talent system has always been iffy for me. Its neat but at the same time its heck lot of work on the designing and coding part. Which i the reason why theyre so few heroes. Because it takes, that long to get one working. Im honestly thinking of scrapping it. Your thoughts?

Level 2
Im actually thinking of adding a life system to Dreamvale, its currently so easy to recover from dying that suicide is a viable way to replensh mana. Which is simply wtf.

We indeed suicided sometimes to replenish mana. But its kind of risky in many situations .. a life system would probably help, but it would make the game much harder and more annoying if you have to reload every time.

Thanks for pointing out, ill have the armour item fixed.
FYI the Big Purple mosnters are the ones who cast ressurect, you kill them and everything will stop respawning. As for the permabashers theyre more like traps than monsters. Just kill them and run through quickly while theyre down.

We didn't figure out what monsters to kill to prevent the resurrection. It always looked like the monsters were just respawning. Maybe you should change the model or make them bigger, so you can recognise them more easily.
We knew the permabasher won't actually move, but we always had a whole bunch of clone-guys in our back, which made it almost impossible to nuke a way through with all team-members surviving. If one of the players died at that point the remaining team had to hold the ground for 25 secs.

We eventually figured out a way to skip the clones with our 3 hero team (we had the Demon Hunter, Beastmaster and the Mage).
The Demon Hunter pulled all creeps towards the beginning of the maze and the BM and Mage tried to run through with the BM grabbing the Mage over walls. The Demon Hunter would then summon his ent over a wall and blink there .. it was quite funny actually, but it got tidious after we died a couple of times and had to restart the process.

The talent system has always been iffy for me. Its neat but at the same time its heck lot of work on the designing and coding part. Which i the reason why theyre so few heroes. Because it takes, that long to get one working. Im honestly thinking of scrapping it. Your thoughts?

The talent system is the main reason we played the map as long as we did. Its really great and definately worth the work u put in there, imo. It gives an amount of customization to the heroes, which makes the map fun.

I wouldn't concentrate on making more heroes, but on designing additional levels so you can really develope a path in the talent tree. When we finished chapter 4 we barely could maximize two talents.

Level 23
The talent system is the main reason we played the map as long as we did. Its really great and definately worth the work u put in there, imo. It gives an amount of customization to the heroes, which makes the map fun.

I wouldn't concentrate on making more heroes, but on designing additional levels so you can really develope a path in the talent tree. When we finished chapter 4 we barely could maximize two talents.

Sure, but what do you think if i compressed the talent system. As in scrap the the current interface and instead replace it with Talents being learnt the same way as regular hero skills in a melee game.
In effect you will have 3 "trees". Learning higher levels of each will then provide the bonuses etc. etc.

Last edited:
Level 2
As I understand it, you want to compress each talent tree into a single skill? I don't think its a good idead to take away the choices for the players. The more choices you have to make while skilling your hero, the more satisfying is it to play him.

Level 6
Please elaborate your description; you can tell us what are in the levels or even give us screenshots of it, give us more information about each hero and maybe tell us the heroes skills and also you can tell us how the talent system works which will give your description a better elaboration.

I did not see you give good review
You always give bad reviews and You always tell us to improve our maps and description

The Description isnt that bad

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Unlike the others, I like the story and the description. Fits the preview perfectly
Time passes for all, but for those who dream, time is eternal.
And so within the walls of an ancient city, the brave and the insane descend into a sea of dreams. Where men never wake and time stands still.

Map looks dreary and cool. Fog everywhere, epic battles. I'll definately try it later on and give you my review.

Level 4
Hi there! Long time no see Kino!
Okay, time to comment :
More cool and more fun, I see. But this map still need a few improvisation.
Mistake (maybe not important) :
-There is a typo on level 1. The rocks that block the way to secret room (northwest and northeast), I see it's name is Debri. It is make me smile a while
-The Features option, it says 4 levels. It is true? I see in the changelog that now there are 5 levels
Suggestion :
-Change the loading screen
-Add more item slots for Scorian (maybe 2-3 slots)
-Add events when players meet Miranda on level 1
Questions :
-What event occurred when the voidwalker (librarian) appears(secret room at level 1)?
-What version you think to add more heroes
I see that you not yet add more heroes and effects on items, but you already add more levels (1 level is hard to make, I know) and reduce it size to 900 KB! +Rep for you! :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 23
-There is a typo on level 1. The rocks that block the way to secret room (northwest and northeast), I see it's name is Debri. It is make me smile a while

Whats wrong with debri anyway?

-The Features option, it says 4 levels. It is true? I see in the changelog that now there are 5 levels

Hehe forgot about updating that.

Change the loading screen

Nah I like the generic screen.

Add more item slots for Scorian (maybe 2-3 slots)

Well the idea of Scorian's inventory is to carry pots/quest items. He does accept stat items true but the intention is to use him as a mini bank and not actually carry combat related stuff. Although 2 slots is probabbly nice.

Add events when players meet Miranda on level 1

On non steamroller difficulty level 1 is pretty long itself, I dont wanna slow it further.

-What event occurred when the voidwalker (librarian) appears(secret room at level 1)?

He gives a free talent point.

What version you think to add more heroes

The one after this. If you closely at the minimap at the game start you will notice that there are actually 9 heroes not 6.

reduce it size to 900 KB!

Would love to but Im already extremely fussy on imports and its unlikely the size can go down further.

And thanks for the support.

Map looks dreary and cool. Fog everywhere, epic battles. I'll definately try it later on and give you my review.

Glad to hear, thanks to for supporting Dreamvale.

Level 5
I found bug in nightmare mission [Secondary stage]

If you use any skills that made rendral evil unable to move. The evil rendral won't be running again after this.

Level 5
I played in normal mode with 4 ppl. Can u add a life event ?

Because we can revive only one. it's a bit hard. Maybe added a secret event that we can gather more life?

I died around stage 2 everytimes. Well . quite difficult

Level 23
I played in normal mode with 4 ppl. Can u add a life event ?

Because we can revive only one. it's a bit hard. Maybe added a secret event that we can gather more life?

I died around stage 2 everytimes. Well . quite difficult

Well what do you mean by life event?

If anything I think itll be better to either give more lives or make harder to die.

Anyway you did say it was a piece of cake right :)

Level 5
Can u release a version C to fix evil rendral unable to move problem? because if it's stop moving in a position that lantern was destroyed. It made game struck. We don't know a way to find evil rendral if it stop in any position in that stage.

Your stream roller mode [easy] it's too easy and Your normal mode. it's too hard. Can u adjust it?

Also Conjurer of fire mage, if u put items into its slot after calling it again. That item will be disappeared.

Last edited:
Level 23
Can u release a version C to fix evil rendral unable to move problem? because if it's stop moving in a position that lantern was destroyed. It made game struck. We don't know a way to find evil rendral if it stop in any position in that stage.

Your stream roller mode [easy] it's too easy and Your normal mode. it's too hard. Can u adjust it?

Also Conjurer of fire mage, if u put items into its slot after calling it again. That item will be disappeared.

Ill try, problem is that Ive opened a big hole in the east wall of level 3 and itll take awhile to rebuild that.

Level 5
http://upic.me/i/0b/heolp.jpg

It struck again i think you should make it likes a windwalk condition. That mean it can be walked pass any units that blocked him.

Also you should give us a break point to deal damage to him. If it just ran away everytimes so we can't do a hugh damage to it and it got a lot of hp so we couldn't be finished him.

Also, lantern seem weak because it easily broke by any monster.

Can u rework sleep skill [Useless] and vine spike spell in Druid hero?

Level 23
It struck again i think you should make it likes a windwalk condition. That mean it can be walked pass any units that blocked him.

Also you should give us a break point to deal damage to him. If it just ran away everytimes so we can't do a hugh damage to it and it got a lot of hp so we couldn't be finished him.

Understood, Ill remove his collision to help with that.

As for break point, the lanterns = break points. Its difficult yes, but thats the kind of event Im trying to aim for from now on. Notice how simple yet challenging it is?

Also, lantern seem weak because it easily broke by any monster.

Its designed with the idea that not all the lanterns will survive to the end. If the lanterns were any tougher it be too easy. Not everything needs to be perfect, some lanterns are expected to die, theres no penalty in that.

Can u rework sleep skill [Useless] and vine spike spell in Druid hero?

Sleep will be changed to Dream Dust next version, a spell amplify sort of thing with a sleep component. The idea in the long run is to make certain monster deadly enough that you WANT to actually disable them. In the mean time though, yeah its kinda weak.

Level 5
Can u explain "Dream dust" ability?

From what i thought about name "Dream Dust"

I think likes "Shoot a dust to enemies in area then they will asleep and every x seconds it get a low chance xx% to lucky with nightmare."

[Max xx units to control by nightmare]

If their chance succeed, they will fight for our side. Everytimes they attacked , their life will be reducted by their own attack. When they died or spell over, the total duration will summarize and heal owner.

Example : This spell sleep for 10 seconds.

In secondary duration [at 2 second]: This chance succeed , this monster turn to our life

Their life 100 hp , attack damage 10-15.

Everytimes they attacked they will loss 10-15 life per attack and when they died . The total duration is 5

so 5 x lv hero = heal

If time over and they haven't died yet so it will turn to their enemy side again with current hp.

For talent , u can build up something likes "Increase duration" , "Increase maximum unit" , "Increase nightmare chance" , "Add berserk ability [more damage , more speed"

Last edited:
Level 23
Can u explain "Dream dust" ability?

From what i thought about name "Dream Dust"

I think likes "Shoot a dust to enemies in area then they will asleep and every x seconds it get a low chance xx% to lucky with nightmare."

[Max xx units to control by nightmare]

If their chance succeed, they will fight for our side. Everytimes they attacked , their life will be reducted by their own attack. When they died or spell over, the total duration will summarize and heal owner.

Example : This spell sleep for 10 seconds.

In secondary duration [at 2 second]: This chance succeed , this monster turn to our life

Their life 100 hp , attack damage 10-15.

Everytimes they attacked they will loss 10-15 life per attack and when they died . The total duration is 5

so 5 x lv hero = heal

If time over and they haven't died yet so it will turn to their enemy side again with current hp.

For talent , u can build up something likes "Increase duration" , "Increase maximum unit" , "Increase nightmare chance" , "Add berserk ability [more damage , more speed

Intresting, I really like the idea although Ill probabbly add it to another hero instead of Eldiamos it doesnt really fit him.

Whats Dream Dust? at the moment its a single target sleep that saps some hp/mana over the duration. All of that is open to change of course.

Level 5
Volatile Concoction = Volatile mix in Blindscythe ?

Because i couldn't find the name that you gave.

Description:

Throw a bomb at the target point. after x seconds, that bomb will explode become a big area of fog. The area of fog will big or small depend on your current hp percentage.

at 100% = bomb aoe 150, < this will be increase by 50 in every lower 20% of his current hp.

80% = bomb aoe 200, 60 = 250 , 40 = 300 , 20 = 350. something like this.

Any enemies units that inside the fog will be going to berserk mode. They will attack themselves with more xx% in both damage and speed.

But they get a chance to miss an attack too.

When they missed their attacked, they will take their missing damage + their damage return to them as double [counter attack] and increasing their chance in miss an attack by x%.

Note: If this monster fighting with our hero or anyone. so when they missed , they would take their missing damage plus our damage return as double.

Note 2: If there are many mutiple target likes 1 units attacked by four people. The return damage will be counting from the target that it's attacking.

For talent , you can pick it up likes "increase area of effect by x" , "increase return damage as factor +0.x" , "increase duration" , "adding effect of ministun"

Last edited:
Level 23
Volatile Concoction = Volatile mix in Blindscythe ?

I tend to forget my spell names, yah its the Blndscythe Bomb.

The idea is there, it causes havoc in an AOE. Perfect. However you migth wanna tone down the complexity of your spells. I mean its absolutely unnecessary and totally overkill to have 7 side effects in one spell.

Lastly is it actually possible to make a unit attack itself? Ive seen a spell which claimed to do that but it never worked ingame.

Level 5
It similar to the previous suggestion that i already suggest. [my previous , it should be turn them to our side but this is a bit different]

Turn that units in area to any team that is not related to our team or their team.

So it will be attacked themselves.

My spell didn't get a lot of side effect:

0. Current hp to area of effect [This is just a process to limited your area of effect, if u don't it can be removed]
1.They attacked themselves [1 effect]
2.They get a chance to miss attack and increasing their miss percentage [1 effect]
3.increasing their speed and damage [this is not the effect, but this is a process to rapidly the damage] [This can be removed if u don't want it]
4.Return damage for miss an attack as double [1 effect]
5.Formula for return damage [Formula to count a damage source]
Here

I already attached the files with this post. You can look "Mass confusion" and "Confusion" spells in sorceress units.

Attachments

• Charm and Fear.w3x
    78.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Level 23
My spell didn't get a lot of side effect:

What I mean is get rid of unecessary stuff such as the complex formula calculation of the return damage and of course the bonus attack damage/speed of the spell.

If you abbreviate it down, it ends up as an AOE with a reflecxt damage mechanic which is simple and useful enough for my tastes.

Its not that I dont like spells with side effects, all I need is side effects that actually do something and not just make it more compicated/tedious to understand.

Level 5
i wrote in simple way:

1.Throw a bomb and explode.
2.Any enemies unit in the area, they going berserk.
3.Everytime they missed their attacked , they will give return damage mutiply x.x plus opponent damage.

NOte : the damage that returned it should be a target that they 're attacking.

Talent will improve mutiply rate and miss chance.