1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Do you have good ideas for new contests? If so, please open new threads in the Contest Submission sub-forum to discuss them.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dreamvale 2.0i

Submitted by Kino
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
DREAMVALE - Download
Date: 2010
Genre(s): Tactics CRPG
Players: 1-4

Time passes for all, but for those who dream, time is eternal.
And so within the walls of an ancient city, the brave and the insane descend into a sea of dreams.
Where men never wake and time stands still.

Overview
Build a team of heroes and battle through 7 levels of arcade-y mayhem to escape the land of your nightmares.

Author's Notes
If you like tactical combat, but dislike everything else about RPG's, you may like this.
Just maybe.
It's not very good.

Changelogs

- As there will unlikely be anymore updates, Ive rolled-back the map to the last fully working version.

Keywords:
Dreamvale, Dream, Warchasers, Jungle, Green, Dungeon, Ruins, Dungeon Crawler
Contents

Dreamvale 2.0i (Map)

1. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well the main loot is sold from a shop at the end of each level.
    The +1 stat items are kind of just inventory fillers since its the first level.

Balance wise Im iffy, some people claim its impossible on easy, others say Mythic is cake.
    Which leaves me wondering....

2. -BLOOD_BATH-

-BLOOD_BATH-

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm already play this map. All is awesome, but there are 2 things i don't like :
    -Only 4 chapters. Too recapitulative too play.
    -Items. "Description" each items is nice, but only give a few effects. (Only +2 armor, only +3 strength, only +3 to all stats, etc)
    Things I request :
    -Add more heroes (2-3 more heroes?) and more player slots (6 or 7 slots)
    -Add more chapters
    -Add more effects on items
    And that's all! This map have a good potential. It's remind of Tomb of Jarahcon. But I don't compare this map to other people's maps.
    Anyway, GJ and keep up the good work! 3.5/5:ogre_haosis:

3. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ill add more in the future, but the amount of time it takes to get a new stage working is very long.

Like levels ,new heroes will come eventually, there are actually 8 heroes ingame. although you can only play 6.

As for player count in probabbly not going to increase it. Its balanced in respect to a small team and therefore any more players you add makes easier significantly.

Im currently overhauling the enite way spells scale, next version may feature a "spell power" stat depending if it works or not.

4. -BLOOD_BATH-

-BLOOD_BATH-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, good.
    I will waiting for the next version, and hope it is much better!:ogre_hurrhurr:

5. selffire

selffire

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its actucal quite hard to play this game in public. The 3 public players used their spells often but it we couldn't manage to kill the creeps fast enough before they dealt heavy damage with their aoe spells.
    l'm sure this game wasn't meant to be played in public. However l have nobody whos interested in playing this game. Thats why l play it in public.
    l hope this message helps you to understand what l mean with impossible with 4 player.

Maybe add a difficult only for public? its easier than easy^^
    To your problem with people telling its too easy on mystic. Maybe add a Hell difficult. It could be 100% harder than mystic.
    l hope this message helped you to understand what l mean with 4 players its impossible on easy.

greetings ~selffire~

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  6. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The problem is that I dont have any replays or any real method of figuring out what wrong. And yeah Ill probabbly make easy easier and Mythic harder.

7. YumItsTasty

YumItsTasty

Resources:
    Resources:
    First off, I think this is a very, very nice map.
    I played it with two friends in LAN on normal mode and we had great fun with it :)
    There are some minor issues thou:

Respawning after a teamwipe at the beginning of the stage would be really nice, so you don't have to start all over again (or use savegames which might be corrupted). The Revive-Wisp is a great idea though.

The blade maze is extremely hard and we only managed to beat it (on normal) because we abused a bug with the armor-buff-item, which gives +100 armor for 5 seconds but doesn't have a cooldown. I'd recommend lowering the amount of enemies in the first stage of the maze (up until the point where they stopped respawning).
    The level idea is great, but running through a maze of almost-instagibbing-blades with a horde of enemies on your ass, who never stop respawning and then dying to respawning permabashing dudes is not really fun.

It's a shame you never see a well developed talent tree due to the few amount of levels ;)

Despite all this, we had great fun with this map.
    Keep up the good work!

8. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Im actually thinking of adding a life system to Dreamvale, its currently so easy to recover from dying that suicide is a viable way to replensh mana. Which is simply wtf.

Thanks for pointing out, ill have the armour item fixed.
    FYI the Big Purple mosnters are the ones who cast ressurect, you kill them and everything will stop respawning. As for the permabashers theyre more like traps than monsters. Just kill them and run through quickly while theyre down.

The talent system has always been iffy for me. Its neat but at the same time its heck lot of work on the designing and coding part. Which i the reason why theyre so few heroes. Because it takes, that long to get one working. Im honestly thinking of scrapping it. Your thoughts?

9. YumItsTasty

YumItsTasty

Resources:
    Resources:
    We indeed suicided sometimes to replenish mana. But its kind of risky in many situations .. a life system would probably help, but it would make the game much harder and more annoying if you have to reload every time.

We didn't figure out what monsters to kill to prevent the resurrection. It always looked like the monsters were just respawning. Maybe you should change the model or make them bigger, so you can recognise them more easily.
    We knew the permabasher won't actually move, but we always had a whole bunch of clone-guys in our back, which made it almost impossible to nuke a way through with all team-members surviving. If one of the players died at that point the remaining team had to hold the ground for 25 secs.

We eventually figured out a way to skip the clones with our 3 hero team (we had the Demon Hunter, Beastmaster and the Mage).
    The Demon Hunter pulled all creeps towards the beginning of the maze and the BM and Mage tried to run through with the BM grabbing the Mage over walls. The Demon Hunter would then summon his ent over a wall and blink there .. it was quite funny actually, but it got tidious after we died a couple of times and had to restart the process.

The talent system is the main reason we played the map as long as we did. Its really great and definately worth the work u put in there, imo. It gives an amount of customization to the heroes, which makes the map fun.

I wouldn't concentrate on making more heroes, but on designing additional levels so you can really develope a path in the talent tree. When we finished chapter 4 we barely could maximize two talents.

10. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure, but what do you think if i compressed the talent system. As in scrap the the current interface and instead replace it with Talents being learnt the same way as regular hero skills in a melee game.
    In effect you will have 3 "trees". Learning higher levels of each will then provide the bonuses etc. etc.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  11. YumItsTasty

YumItsTasty

Resources:
    Resources:
    As I understand it, you want to compress each talent tree into a single skill? I don't think its a good idead to take away the choices for the players. The more choices you have to make while skilling your hero, the more satisfying is it to play him.

12. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very well then. It stays I guess

13. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Added a quick fix version, there was bug with Earthbound in the earlier update.

14. JGGDMakervb6

JGGDMakervb6

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did not see you give good review
    You always give bad reviews and You always tell us to improve our maps and description

The Description isnt that bad

15. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And Voila 0.96 is here.

Changelog is in first post as usual

16. Unlike the others, I like the story and the description. Fits the preview perfectly
    Time passes for all, but for those who dream, time is eternal.
    And so within the walls of an ancient city, the brave and the insane descend into a sea of dreams. Where men never wake and time stands still.

Map looks dreary and cool. Fog everywhere, epic battles. I'll definately try it later on and give you my review.

17. -BLOOD_BATH-

-BLOOD_BATH-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi there! Long time no see Kino!
    Okay, time to comment :
    More cool and more fun, I see. But this map still need a few improvisation.
    Mistake (maybe not important) :
    -There is a typo on level 1. The rocks that block the way to secret room (northwest and northeast), I see it's name is Debri. It is make me smile a while
    -The Features option, it says 4 levels. It is true? I see in the changelog that now there are 5 levels
    Suggestion :
    -Change the loading screen
    -Add more item slots for Scorian (maybe 2-3 slots)
    -Add events when players meet Miranda on level 1
    Questions :
    -What event occurred when the voidwalker (librarian) appears(secret room at level 1)?
    -What version you think to add more heroes
    I see that you not yet add more heroes and effects on items, but you already add more levels (1 level is hard to make, I know) and reduce it size to 900 KB! +Rep for you! :ogre_hurrhurr:

18. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Whats wrong with debri anyway?

Hehe forgot about updating that.

Nah I like the generic screen.

Well the idea of Scorian's inventory is to carry pots/quest items. He does accept stat items true but the intention is to use him as a mini bank and not actually carry combat related stuff. Although 2 slots is probabbly nice.

On non steamroller difficulty level 1 is pretty long itself, I dont wanna slow it further.

He gives a free talent point.

The one after this. If you closely at the minimap at the game start you will notice that there are actually 9 heroes not 6.

Would love to but Im already extremely fussy on imports and its unlikely the size can go down further.

And thanks for the support.

Glad to hear, thanks to for supporting Dreamvale.

19. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And 0.96b is here.

Mianly a fix version for some of the random shizzle that isnt quite right.
    Had a sudden burst of inspiration and hence messed around with the delirium slightly.

Enjoy

20. copsychus

copsychus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found bug in nightmare mission [Secondary stage]

If you use any skills that made rendral evil unable to move. The evil rendral won't be running again after this.