• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does Rank Icons make you feel strong in Hive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I haven't really noticed them

but ok well... they would be better if they gave us a title like

TheLordOfChaos of the 3 tides!
or
The Lord of Chaos, Conquer of the 4 winds
or
the Lord Of Chaos, storm master of the horde

Does Rank Icons make you feel strong in Hive?

Yes, it surely does...
But you're a mere Grunt! I am a Raider, and therefore stronger than you... despite my lower post count.

By the way,
*wishes to have a unique rank icon*
*a mouthpiece-cannon and a little Lolita*
*......*
*but you must pay!*
*and all rank icons must be Warcraft-themed!*
*sighs*

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
At the time I donated, it was all about standing out.
If you entered the chat at a time with many people there, you say 20 peon icons, and 4 raiders, perhaps one or two custom ones.

Thus I donated for diversity, mostly anyway. I do prefer Sylvanas over the peon one any time.

If the current icon system existed back then.. not sure if I would have donated.

Roland

R

Roland

@Edge45: Dude, Why do you feel so concerned about this Puny size images? For me they're only decorations for the site to look you fancy.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Your thread title could be from a tabloid, @Edge45.
It's not like I gave a damn about that, just wanted to mention it.

Anyway, on topic:
The custom icons that have been added have no huge impact, they are gimmicks, no more no less.

You can, of course, see them as a "reward" for the number of posts or for the money donated
to the Hive.
However, you can also see the icons themselves as something that is an achievement itself,
something that makes you "stand out" more.

You may post a lot or donate a lot and then have the possibility to use the new rank icons,
because you find them fancy.
You may also post or donate only because you want some custom icon to display.

It is all a matter of perspective and motivation.
The true question is: What motivates you?
Are you donating to Hive/posting so much just to gain the rewards or are you doing it
because you want to do it and feel like it is the right thing to do?

In the end, the icons still mean nothing and are but a decoration of your own profile without
any higher meaning.
The only meaning behind those icons is that you a) donated enough to get one or b) have
been active enough to get it. If your donations or posts had any other meaning than
to get said icon, is something only you yourself can know for real.

Level 24
Dude, Why do you feel so concerned about this Puny size images? For me they're only decorations for the site to look you fancy.

I'm not concerned, it's just curiousity (and also a dream). But oh well, decorations they are.

Your thread title could be from a tabloid, @Edge45.
It's not like I gave a damn about that, just wanted to mention it.

What does that mean,
Well anyway, you're right Mr. Shar, and your words well also serve for others who stumbled around here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.