• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you feel about America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
If the post I was talking about was still up, I'd tell you that I would consider explaining in detail, but that I shouldn't have to. I'll settle for telling you that I will consider explaining why, but shouldn't have to. It was the details that made it so obvious, though, so we shall unfortunately miss out on that. Please don't make me explain why.

Also, since I neglected to publicly mention this earlier: @Deathcom3s: FUKKEN SAVED

Last edited:
Level 8
While he may have a semblance of a point, he's REALLY off-base.

Anyway, on-topic:

America has had its ups and downs; its advantages and disadvantages; its heights and its shortcomings. But, as a whole, it is rather divided. You cannot sum up the whole of an entire nation with a simple post. You need to go out and live and breathe the true nature of this country. And to all Americans (myself included), I do not believe even you, nor I, can make an accurate answer as to the well-being of our country. I myself see this time period as a turnign point; either for better or for worse.

People may say it's the land of new chances and the 'American Dream'.
I think that's kinda over and that's now in it's downfall.
In the next hundred year this debate will go about China instead of America.

Your third point is the by far one of the best in this post. Soon, after all of the fuss with the current afairs in America, it'll shift to soem other country, just liek vultures swarm over a dying dog. However, your second point isnt as insightful, and lands short of the mark it was aiming for. Its downfall? America is far from its final hour, and just because things seem bleak and odd, does not, in any essence of the phrase, mean we are at our demise.

Point stated. Your turn...

Last edited:
Level 24
I think you mean that one cannot sum up half of an entire continent with a simple post. Some states in the union could stand as their own countries, based on their size and economy. Which is the largest thing that people tend to miss about the US: it's the size of a continent, and almost as culturally diverse.

Level 8
I think you mean that one cannot sum up half of an entire continent with a simple post

Yeah, I kinda said nearly exactly that in my post.

Some states in the union could stand as their own countries, based on their size and economy. Which is the largest thing that people tend to miss about the US: it's the size of a continent, and almost as culturally diverse

Yes, that was one of my major points. People tend to forget that a nation does not account for its peoples as a whole. Hitler was a Nazi and the fascist leader of Germany, but did that make all Germans Nazies and fascists? No, of course not.

I woke up this morning and found that I was still alive. Good enough for me.

This is a common misconcpetion; "If I'm safe, and all my assest are intact, why should I give a damn?" Why? Because, if you dont keep track of current events and stay ahead of the game, you can kiss your livelihood (even with my vocabulary, I have no effin idea how to spell this word correctly XD) goodbye.

Level 24
Americans as a people have no sense of prioritising at all. AIDS in Africa... okay. But there's AIDS in the US. Violence in Africa... okay. But there's violence in America, and it could be on your doorstep any day. The rest of the world might love the US for policing the world if it could learn to police itself first.

That being said, the US is very much a part of the global economy, and the global economy is very much a part of the US. Ignoring foreign affairs may lead to instability in interests you didn't know you had outside of the country.

Level 8
Americans as a people have no sense of prioritising at all

There we go again, stereotyping people of a nation as a whole.

America's government has little sense of prioritising at all

Fixed it for you. Aside from this, I agree with roughly all of your post, aside fro mthe fact that we should be helping out in Africa; however, I believe we're investing too much into foreign affairs, yet, at the same time, we need to continue with our foreign affairs, just to a lesser degree.

Level 24
Oh, no no no. Americans as a people. Who sends millions in charity out of the country, as opposed to spending it on equally worthy causes in the country? The government certainly doesn't have the budget for that.

Level 2
Oh, no no no. Americans as a people. Who sends millions in charity out of the country, as opposed to spending it on equally worthy causes in the country? The government certainly doesn't have the budget for that.
I don't find that smart or considerate (not saying you do either as it was a bit unclear) when you have people in your own country not doing well. Perhaps that would stem more hatred or racist, but you shouldn't be worrying about the rest of the world when your country isn't doing too well itself. The country as itself is similar to most other countries. Sure there are a lot of idiots, but hey, if you were to compare it statistically with the population of other countries you would probably find the idiot to smart people ratio about the same. That being said, a lot of stereotypes can be simplified to the fact that the more in number of anything would obviously put more emphasis (in this case, stupid people). I don't like the fact that people hate the United States based on what they see from a few people, because yes, there are a lot of stupid people, but there are also a lot of genuinely smart and nice people. I guess I'll end this wall of text with a simple answer. iz kulstuf br0

Level 8

OK, so your argument is that all of the American populace sends out millions to Africa each year? Point One: You do realize we have hundreds of charities within the US that also rake in far more collectively than Africa, right? Point Two: In fact, I hardly ever see ads for foreign charities anymore, and their donations have substantianly decreased, and homegrown charities are rising.

I rather agree with Shinkoru (aside from his rather illiterate and off-base first 2 sentences); If you were to stack up America next to, er, I dont know, China, who do you think would have more "idiots" and more "smart people"? Statistically, most likely China, as their country boasts the largest population in the world.

Awaiting flaming...
Sequence initiated...
Flame reductors online...
Ready to be flamed!

Level 12
Joss, the quality of education is far superior in the US compared to China, and that is a major reason to why people react so strongly to seeing so many americans behaving senseless(not specifically the US vs China thing, but the US quality of education vs its average inhabitant as seen by the public in general)

Level 11
No, the irony is that you fail to see real irony, and post non-sensical piles of shizma in a thread where a serious deiscussion is going on. *triple facepalm*

I don't feel like going through the thread and quoting things, but there is enough baseless generalizations and hate that your claim of a "serious discussion" is a joke. I also posted one sentence, that's a real "piles of shizma" isn't it?

PS: Learn to spell check. Then we could have a "serious discussion" about the Sun revolving around the Earth!

Level 8
Hahahaha, I find it hilarious that the only real point you make in your entire post is the fact that I misspelled discussion. Good work, dude!

Now, I could get into a flame war with you, but frankly, you're not worth it. Now, I would suggest that you post something useful, or get out.

Level 24
No, Karawasa is the troll, you're just not too quick on the pickup. Also, I guess I could have been more speicfic with that last post.

Level 12
No, Karawasa is the troll, you're just not too quick on the pickup. Also, I guess I could have been more speicfic with that last post.

"How do you feel about America?" "America is great"
You call this trolling? I think you, along with 99% of the internet population have no idea what trolling is. Do not continue with this please.

(BoT) I do not see how we are policing the entire world. We protect our interests just like ANY other country would (if they could). Do you feel like we as Americans have complete control over your lives or attempt to have complete control?

We prioritize things in awkward ways yes, but it's because we have a rather old/outdated system and we can (nearly) afford to.

Level 24
lol, telling me I don't know what trolling is. Talk to Shados or Elenai and they'll let you know who I am.

Anyways, lern2/read/.
I don't feel like going through the thread and quoting things, but there is enough baseless generalizations and hate that your claim of a "serious discussion" is a joke. I also posted one sentence, that's a real "piles of shizma" isn't it?

PS: Learn to spell check. Then we could have a "serious discussion" about the Sun revolving around the Earth!

Level 8
Read some pages of this thread and everything it contained was generalisations and prejudices.

Did my post contain generalizations or prejudices? No, and if it did, then it was unintentional, and completely by accident. Plus, I've seen a couple other posts that did not have generalizations or were biased. Besides, go find me a thread in the Off-Topic or Medivh's Tower forums that is not one of the above things, then we can talk about it.

Level 17
Did my post contain generalizations or prejudices? No, and if it did, then it was unintentional, and completely by accident. Plus, I've seen a couple other posts that did not have generalizations or were biased. Besides, go find me a thread in the Off-Topic or Medivh's Tower forums that is not one of the above things, then we can talk about it.
A couple of posts from a 9 page thread. Yeah.

Level 24
You people act like beginning with broad, general terms and narrowing them down isn't how people are supposed to argue over the internets.

Level 8
Well, as far as I can see, this thread is done, thanks to a few others who dont think a discussion is worth having if a few people dont get it. My thanks go out to Huurka and Karawasa; Thanks guys, this thread never would've become the moronic hive (no relation to the site) it is now without you guys. Job well done!

Level 24
You sound like threads about specific, influential countries aren't all going to be flamewars anyways. I'm surprised this one lasted as long as it did, TDB even set a metric shit-tonne of tinder earlier on.

Level 24
And damn them for doing it better than me. TWO pages in I start shit with TDB, and he backs off like a pussy.

Level 24
I'd like to say one thing:
Shut the fuck up. Everybody knows that most people mean the US when they say "America". The US is half the continent anyways.

Level 11
He's Argentinian, that's why he said Brazil. South Americans have a pretty distorted sense of reality.

Troll! No wait, that would be falling into the same trap you did. I'll just call you a bigot instead.

Read some pages of this thread and everything it contained was generalisations and prejudices.

Exactly. You've got to love the fact that the people complaining are the real idiots.

Dreadnought[dA];1283301 said:
"How do you feel about America?" "America is great"
You call this trolling? I think you, along with 99% of the internet population have no idea what trolling is. Do not continue with this please.

Yup. Thank you for the intelligent post.

Level 11
LMAO ITS LIKE THIS KID ONLY STARTS TROLL THREADS! Lmao oh god. its just hilarious.

Now some simple unbiased history about the United States of America.

It started of as a REPUBLIC.

Now it is a DEMOCRACY.

Only 2 types of governments can emerge from a democracy:

Oligarchy
Republic

And with this depression (Which senetor Ron Paul forseen 30 years before the event happened) the next ponzy scheme will make us into a Oligarchy with a percentage of 75% chance or rain tomorrow.

Oh and for the topic starter, lmao, like omg, what a troll are you bro. Need that much attention lmao. I vividly think so. Lmao

Level 11
Joss, the quality of education is far superior in the US compared to China, and that is a major reason to why people react so strongly to seeing so many americans behaving senseless(not specifically the US vs China thing, but the US quality of education vs its average inhabitant as seen by the public in general)

LOL yea ok thats why for every student here in America China has 100 something honor students. Yea and with the No Child Left Behind Bill, you can be the dumbest kid on earth and they will HAVE to pass you. Cause you know, statistics are essential to a presidents portfolio. Lmao.

Level 11
TROLL HAS BEEN SPOTTED SOUND THE ALARM!!
*SIRENS GO OFF*

Oh_Snap has joined the topic.
Oh_Snap: Where me troll be at? Arrrrrr!

Level 15
LOL IM GUNNA ACCUSE HIM OF BEING A TROLL FOR STARTING A THREAD CAUSE IM A TROLL LOLOLOL!
My issue was solved by MSBB. I didn't say much after that. Apparently, some of you "people" who are supposedly older than me have an issue with being civil...
...And like to be trolls.

Oh and for the topic starter, lmao, like omg, what a troll I am, bro. Do I need that much attention lmao? I vividly think so. Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.