• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

American citizen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 34
Guys, I'm pretty sure I'll be moving to America someday to get some schools and studies. So probably I need a lot of informations about America, about general study criteria, requirements or something like that.

So if you are americans, please contact me (PM) because I have a lot of questions for you :grin: Please help me :thumbs_up:

Thanks in advance!

Kazeon

Level 34
School is such a bullshit actually, at least in my country. Here, schools are just not specialized, we are learning too many /useless/ things. I'm now at technology engineering and I have a lesson called "Religion"? What kind of magic is this? Perhaps they assume, using religious-miracle we can transform flappy bird into WoW in a night.

Level 31
well most of the comments youl lget here is "School is useless" because every angsty teenager thinks that when they are failing their math class and they back into "Ill never use it" as justification

but if u want to go to college in america especially for technology america has some of the best colleges in the world. there are tons of good IT schools here

Kazeon

Level 34
but if u want to go to college in america especially for technology america has some of the best colleges in the world. there are tons of good IT schools here
That's what I'm talking about! But I'm not sure my brain is capable for those badass college :grin:

While schooling, I will also try to make income actually :grin:

Nuclear said:
Glorious Europe instead, where higher level education is free
This is news to me, (secondary or "High" school has never been free here, so I'll assume you're not including Britain in "europe") though I thought "higher" was things like Uni, if that's what you're referring to, then that's not free in the EU either (though yes free in some places, and sometimes due to special situations) XD

Level 14
This is news to me, (secondary or "High" school has never been free here, so I'll assume you're not including Britain in "europe") though I thought "higher" was things like Uni, if that's what you're referring to, then that's not free in the EU either (though yes free in some places, and sometimes due to special situations) XD

Yeah, I was not counting Britain, I've heard they have some terrible tuition fees, almost comparable to the US.

And it's free in many places, and not because of some special situations, just normally. But you're right that it's not an EU regulation, just a thing that many countries have done.

Say what?

Many countries in the EU have tuition-free universities.

Some recommendations: Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark. Those are obviously the best places in Europe, but you can also consider Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Poland.

And it's free in many places, and not because of some special situations, just normally.

I was referring to free in some places anyway, as well as some places having free if special situations - for instance people living in Scotland as well as being a scottish citizen get free tuition in England. So I was actually agreeing with you on that part XD

Level 23
public universities in here are free for the default length of studying(5 years). Some schools are private however, and you have to pay money to study there.

Also, most of private universities in here are in fact a lot worse than public ones, so you cant pick that as argument.

Different country, different education system however

Kazeon

Level 34
I've heard quite a times about Germany, can I speak english there? I have learned deutsch once yet it's still very basic. But it's really a good news if they are indeed /totally/ free. I will talk about this with my old man.

However, I guess it's much easier to be in the America, since I have one older sister there. She can take care of me while I'm still new. :ogre_kawaii:

Level 14
I think it's possible to survive with English, but if you're going to stay somewhere for a bit longer, you should definitely try to learn the language.

My school in Finland has some 100 students and there are exchange students who primarily study in English... so I'd imagine a major German university could manage the same.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Incorrect.

The United Kingdom government provides all children with free primary and secondary (high-school to some) education. They also provide free transport and even food money to teenage kids who are in poverty to attend secondary/high schools. The education offered by these schools (in Scotland at least) was more than sufficient to enter University with. However that has changed recently with a general dumbing down caused by the Labour style leadership that controls Scotland. However the schools are free to anyone resident in the country as they are a council service.

A bad trend has started up with private schools. Parents are bullied into thinking the only way their kid will do well is if they go to exclusive private schools which cost a lot.

Further education (Universities for smart people, colleges for stupid people) is not free. It is heavily subsidized if you are from the EU or a UK citizen who lives in the UK however it is not free. In Scotland the rates for "local" students are considerably lower than in England as they still heavily subsidize. Although you are still paying quite a bit, it is as good as free compared with internation rates.

For example. My undergraduate degree cost £12,950 per year for 4 years (total £51,800) as I was forced to pay international rates (now it is well over £16,000). However for my post graduate degree at the same university with local rates it cost only £2,000-4,000 for 1 year. If I had local rates for my undergraduate degree at that time the entire degree would have cost less than I had to pay for a single year of international rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.