• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Americas - The New World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
151735-albums920-picture8011.jpg

I can't stop playing this map, American Colonization ~2.03 - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com without a doubt, this map is one of my favorite map, but as I mass around with world editor myself, I thought I could re polish some things, so I set out to make my own map (I don't believe it in editing)

I don't dare putting this on Map Development section, because I always seemed to draw lots of attention and support and ending up dropping the project.

Factions
Factions are few things on this map that will spice things up a bit. There will be American Factions, European Factions and Minor Kingdoms. Now the Minor Kingdom idea is inspired by James7's WW2 map which allows the players of minor kingdoms to choose which nations they will play as ingame, so each time you host this, the gameplay will be different, lets say you like to play as Spain, You might be faced with Moors under your nose, or Portugal right beside you, or you might not have any enemies at all. The gameplay will depend on which factions the Minor players choose. Rewrite the history by flying scottish flag on London, or by wiping out the Spanish from Iberian Peninsula, the possibility will be limitless.

Europeans (4 players)
Kingdom of England [Europeans]
Kingdom of France [Europeans]
Kingdom of Spain [Europeans]
The Ottoman Empire [Europeans]

Americans (5 Players)
Iroqouis Confederate [Americas]
Apachean Tribes [Americas]
Cree Natives [Americas]
Seminole [Americas]
Aztecs [Americas]

Minor Kingdoms (3 Players)
Kingdom of Portugal [Minor Kingdoms]
Kingdom of Scotland [Minor Kingdoms]
Dutch Empire [Minor Kingdoms]
Swedish Empire [Minor Kingdoms]
The Moors [Minor Kingdoms]
The Maya [Minor Kingdoms]
Cherokee Tribes [Minor Kingdoms]

Gameplay
Gameplay will be pretty classic, you take out Cities by bringing their hit point down to 500, more cities you have, more gold you get per each income. Lumber can be harvested by your peasants and you can increase your gold income by colonizing goldmines in America and Africa. With these resources you gathered up, you can make unit, each faction having it's special unique unit or two or even it's unique techtree (Depending on it's culture of the Nation) you gather up your units, upgrade them, make them the most powerful and invade other nations to take their city or colony. Pretty simple and basic, but will be polished to look professional and balanced.

Colonization
In the Grunty's map, he used some american trading dock system thingy, which seems too hard for me to comprehend... so I'm going with the gold mine sysytem. So anyways, here a thing. You sail to either Africa, or America. Kill the creeps, Kill hostile native Americans or Africans (if minor player chooses Moors), build your goldmine over the neutral hostile goldmine. Make it yours, build trading post, and there you have it your own little colony. Colony will have to be constantly supported by your mainland because unlike the original American colonization,
1. Colony barracks will take almost double the price/time to build units.
2. Colony can't make workers to harvest woods and golds.

I did this because I hate seeing one worker building huge colony.

Realism
I seek to differ from the original game by adding some realism to the game. These are 7 things I hated about the original one.

1. Bowmans owning battleships
2. Native Americans being too weak
3. Native Americans covering their empire with watchtowers
4. England being allied to Scotland, their natural enemy
5. One worker to build colony
6. Overpowered Hero

Here is my answers.

1. Battleships will have huge amount of building armor, being invincible against feeble piercing demage.
2. Native Americans will be balanced
3. There will be no watch towers
4. This will be no longer after I impliment the Minor Kingdom system
5. One worker will be impossible to build up colony, since the buildings will take forever to build, requiring many workers to build together for it to complete it.
6. There will be no hero

So that's it.... I hope you guys will like my idea. I can't promise it will be done, but I will work on it time to time.

Last edited:
Level 31
If you ain't going to finish it, why waste your time making it ?

The gameplay look like many other strategy game style. As for the realism, I think 1 worker could still build a structure, but make the time build duration be long. At real life, even a house could be completed by 1 person if he contine the development of it.

Level 8
I said I'm pretty sure I won't finish it, but that doesn't mean It won't be completed, It just means that There is high percentage of possibility that this project will be dropped. The whole point of putting this my idea here rather than Map development section.

Gameplay, I'm not looking for some fancy pants, new style of gameplay, but more polished version of classic gameplay.

I seriously hated how the european players sent 1 worker into a boat and started a whole colony with it. I will make the time duration long for sure. I'm also planning to have two kinds of barrack. The mainland barrack and Colonization barrack. Colonization buildings will allow unit production with twice the cost/time.

Level 8
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/151735-albums920-picture8101.html

The most recent screenshot of the upcoming map. I know, I know, the France is kinda off, and Spain too, but That was necessary for map to clip out the Italy and other Eastern Part of Europe that dosen't take part in this map. The map is 480x352 so it's bigger than it looks. The units are kinda small too, making the map looks bigger than what it's already is. For the Ottomans, I will put a small piece of land under Italy making it western Turkey, showing only Constantinople (Ottoman Capital) and some other nearby towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.