1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Do ghosts exist?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DeadDogNoGoWoof, Feb 19, 2005.

?

Do ghosts exist?

1. Yes, I think they do.

100.0%
  2. No, I don't think they do.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadDogNoGoWoof

DeadDogNoGoWoof

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I'm surprised this topic hasnt come up yet. well, if your reading this, here's the reason im posting this.

Last night i saw somethin that's gonna scare the sh*t out of me probably for the rest of my life. I was upstairs in my house comin out of the shower. I was burshing my teeth, when my cat right oustide my bathroom suddenly looked up, from being asleep, and the door opened, no one came out AT ALL, atleast nothing that I could see, and my cat suddenly watched this invisible figure walk across the room, into the bathroom, and straight towards me. By this time i was f*cking scared. By the time it came close, I felt so cold I LITERALLY fainted, to wake up five minutes later. I stumbled to sleep, woke up the next morning freezing. after looking at the thermometer, 58 degrees. i'm still freaked out as i type this.

I know probably no one will believe me. But what i saw and felt is true.

EDIT: Ok this is really fucking scary. I was outisde playing tag with kids on my street, and i said what happened last night, when my neighbor, whom is 10 yrs. old, actually saw a ghostly human form in his house at almost exactly the same time i fainted. And he actually got a picture. I hope you will be as freaked out by this as I already am:
    [​IMG]

P.S this is not edited in ANY WAY. I saw the photograph.

2. Insane llama

Insane llama

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah i had the same problem it was the middle of the night and something ran up and punched me in the stomach i thought it was my little brother so i stormed out of my room shouting you Ass what was that for! The next thing i know theirs this invisble figure standing their in my hallway looking like "what"? then it just walked of now i cant damn sleep "the reson being is i found out someone died in our house in the spare room"

3. harper

harper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes they do exist! But fear not those who can kill the body but not the soul.

4. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Umm...how do you see or watch an invisible figure? :?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't being invisible mean you can't see it?

Oh and btw, I hardly ever believe I read on the internet, so don't expect me to. I'm just wondering how you see an invisible person. :?

5. SeaGull1723

SeaGull1723

Resources:
    Resources:
    Meh. You guys need to stop posting ghost topics. And I have to stop responding to them.

6. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! for the last time GODDAMNIT NO!!! ghosts dont exist, when someone dies, they are annihilated, gone, poof, clear from existance and return to the earth or whatever. that photograph is the biggest pice of BS i've seen. anyone can take a picture of someone under a sheet, then cnp it to another picute with some transparency to it. i can admit that there are supernatural ocurrences that happen, whatever they are, i can assure you, nay, guarantee you they are not spirits from dead beings.

7. lorothrigs

lorothrigs

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think they are real in spirit but do not have an actual physical form, ghosts are mainly psychological but im not really the one to decide.it's just my opinion, and to the door thing that happens to me many times but its bcuz of the atmoshperic pressure difference, and if something "punched u in the stomach" then i advise u either get help or an exorsist.

8. GreyArchon

GreyArchon

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    MY MY MY WHAT AN OUTSPOKEN OPINION YOU HAVE.

"Ghosts" is a very broad term. I believe that, yes, there are spirits on this earth which do not possess a coorporeal form. They are not dead, they just don't have to go back to being living anymore, since they're done with that phase. The correct term would be "Intelligences". They are an unseen source of inspiration, an addition to your consciounse, and a guide to humanity into unexplored areas of the psyche. This is what I believe.

9. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    actually i sort of agree with you there, i do believe they are something, but people that have come back from the grave. personally i think they're demons. not like the ones on warcraft, but the kind that posess you and make you hear voices in your head.

10. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ghosts, if any, would not exist. But that does not excuse the phenomena like in that hotel thing in the South (US) and things like the mystery spot (CA, I've been there) where even something like a battery or any sort of ball would slowly roll up a slope. The fact is, the ghosts would probably be just a projection or a phenomena-- I like to call it a Radon leak in your house.

The human body's life is just the fact its able to function. Life or a spirit, is just your brain. When you die, your brain fades away, hence no more "spirit," unless there is an etheral or eternal afterlife in things like Christian religion, and that of others.

Finarfin: If they are able to catch pics of ghosts with cameras, then cams probably have the optic properties to catch certain wavelengths of light we can't necessarily see.

11. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perhaps a camera could capture a so-called ghost, but according to that he and the cat saw an invisible figure. And last time I checked, humans couldn't see anything invisible.

My logic>all =P

12. darthfett

darthfett

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yep, same, i agree

oh and it wasnt a ghost, it was probably the wind when me and my brother were about 10 and 12, and were home alone, we were watching the tv, and then saw the doorknob turn. That sure freaked us out!

13. SeaGull1723

SeaGull1723

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uh oh. You must be playing too much Warcraft or something like that lol. :roll:

Anyway, I despise that little picture for our sake. There are people who can just edit the picture with a high tech program and claim that there was one.

I think Afronight and GreyArchon got good points. Ghosts can't necessarily be seen through physical eyes, but if so they're probably just wanderless things that do strange things to people.

14. harper

harper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, ghosts has other means to let someone know their presence.

15. GreyArchon

GreyArchon

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why, I do believe Doctor M is about to say something quite unintelligent. Let's hear it!

16. Doktorr.M

Doktorr.M

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ghosts do exist, i' m actually floating thru the wall...

17. GreyArchon

GreyArchon

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To continue upon what I believe.. note; form your own opinion, I am not declaring any truths here.

A negative intelligence inspires people in negative ways. Like a positive intelligence can inspire you suddenly to make a great piece of art, write a good story, or something else, negative intelligences will inspire you to more morbid things. It is strength of mind which keeps those things at bay. Psychopaths and the like have no more resistance against negative intelligences. Their mind is an open door.

About the cat, I think it is true that animals and very young children are more open to the paranormal. We see things as we understand them. That which we don't understand, we don't see, or see in odd ways which don't make any sense to us.

Like positive intelligences influence/inspire humanity to better themselves, negative intelligences are not as charitable. They only exist for themselves. For them to keep on existing, they have to be constantly remembered that people know -they are there-. So they try to grab people's attention. They want to be recognised, and will do anything for it. It's the only way for them to be reassured of their own existance.

If you were not noticed by any other being, would you really exist?

18. Eusira

Eusira

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Plus, the only other way ghosts can exist are if those idiotic "energy field" discussions on those stupid health radio shows are for real, thus leading some evidence. Also, remember that animals and certain devices have optical properties not in humans, making them able to detect stuff. Plus children are very gullible unless they are spoiled beyond imagination or a born genius

19. angel

angel

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you ever been in a haunted house , you would think otherwise, youd crap your pants, of course theres ghosts!.

20. Dark Dragon

Dark Dragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have actually seen a ghost/spirit/soul. i... just saw it go down the stairs. then i didnt see it anymore. and im sure it wasn't some1 in my family. just a nearly invisble shadow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.