• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Creation of a new Pro Map Making crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've decided that if anyone wants to join the Urahara Workshop for support in a project, feel free to post some of your work and we'll get back to you about it.

Also,if we grow to a large size, I for one say we will be limited to working on either individual projects (or none) or working on one of two big projects that the team has decided to work on.

Level 15
A bunch of screenshots from the swamps! I hope you'll like them...

Attachments

• Screenshot 17.jpg
    Screenshot 17.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot 18.jpg
    Screenshot 18.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot 19.jpg
    Screenshot 19.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot 20.jpg
    Screenshot 20.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot 16.jpg
    Screenshot 16.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot 21.jpg
    Screenshot 21.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot 22.jpg
    Screenshot 22.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 79
Level 15
That is a dark definition of swamp... I prefer friendly and stench-free glades with plenty of sunshine and dense vegetation. Not everything has to be black, you know...

P.S. the water is pathable all the way, it think that is okay for a swamp...

And another edit: The altar area is all set up! Feast your eyes on first rough pics!

Attachments

• Screenshot 25.jpg
    Screenshot 25.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot 24.jpg
    Screenshot 24.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot 23.jpg
    Screenshot 23.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot 26.jpg
    Screenshot 26.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot 27.jpg
    Screenshot 27.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot 28.jpg
    Screenshot 28.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Yeah but the one i'm talking about,its beautiful on its own,the dead shrubs make great fertilizers,meaning darker flowers start to sprout, and the pockets of light pouring in add a peaceful feeling to the place.

We have to start using the Urahara Forum for this, Volvox. We can keep this thread up for recruiting later on.

Last edited:
Level 9
Hi!
I didn't read all this posts, so probably I'll say something out of time.
I wish to join the team.
In this moment, I don't have too much time due to school and a personal project that I need finish.
I'm good at triggering and story writing. I can assist 04gusigo with triggering and †-Revellion-† with story writing, only if he wants.
I've an hotmail, I've a good knowledge of the WC3 and every day I'm in The Hive Workshop, to see the forums and that stuff.
For know, anything you ask me to do for the future map, you should give me a deadline of a minimum 4 to 5 days to made it and delivery it. (this only if you accept me in your team) So try to ask me something not too small:wink:.
Maybe you can give me some backup on my map and then release it as the Team's first project, it's up to you.

Level 7
Hi im interested in joining, read about 5 pages but don't quite have the main idea.

Im basically a mediocre modeller with alot of spare time.

I did catch the page where everyone was brainstorming on the geomerged model and transforming the unit as it progresses. Thats a pretty good idea. I also thought maybe we if got a good modeller, someone could wip up a a cleaner version of the peasant model and put on custom attachment points so that your character could confortably wear a full suit of armor.

Possibly add in a fun little command to change to a cam directly in front of your hero to see the full suit of armor and wep(s) your wearing to pass time to regen health/mana, or just for kicks.

[email protected]

Level 15
I have a request to make. All of you, please, post some of your w3 work(models, art, whatever) cause it's kinda stupid... Only me and revellion are actually posting pictures of our work and it is nice to know about other teammates' style...

P.S.
Take some time to check my terrain pictures(all in this thread) and comment them, that would mean a lot to me.
+ rep me if you like them, i really won't be mad at you :p

Last edited:
Level 7
Im the process right now of backing up my files to this comp after a wipe cuz i screwed up my graphic drivers and its taking awhile since the comp i would be pulling files off of had its hard-drive go out so im using an older comp to transfer the files and its pretty slow..but here is some links to some models i've made.
They were all done within 1 hour, mostly 30mins. Im not very good at organic models yet but im practicing.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43640
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52106
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45076

To anyone interested in story writing,I know by personal experience that stories are about beauty and the subtle ways of working, rather than "durr John was happy". A story comes from experience and your own world, my head is always up in the clouds, and I can work up a novel in very little time. All writers have their own way, and thats what makes a story what it is.

Also, welcome to the team everyone, i'm glad to see Urahara has started to grow. Aside from my speech there, i'd like to say this:
So far,i'm the Urahara Workshops leading Spirituality, Religion & Magic based information, as they are some of my personal studies. I also know of branches of Demonology that almost nobody in the world has explored, so if anyones up for a small bit of inspiration for a story or project of their own, I'm probably the one to turn to.

Level 5
Um okay just don't summon anything that you will regret later. "What goes around comes around."-some Wicca book that I read along time ago

First of all,I don't summon, second of all, I talk to the leader of a Wiccan cult in the U.S, so I know all I need to know about their religion without going through all of their wierd practices.

Also:
I have connections to live Cree Shamans & Spirit Walkers.
I speak regularly with a Priest about certain 'hauntings' that seem to happen frequently in my entire neighborhood.
I also know Satanists, Buddhists, etc.
Along with these people, the friend who researched the artifacts I mentioned has also managed to buy an old tome that summerizes most of the information and includes many parts I haven't seen in other conscripts such as Demonic trios, wars within wars, betrayal and a prophecy involving the stars here, aswell as another humans theory of dimensions, the ether and the powers of the human mind.

Level 9
Okay here is some of the work I've done.

If I'm not good enough, it's really no problem.

EDIT: I joined without knowing what the project would be, not that interested in an AoS anyway.

Attachments

• BTNMove.tga
    12 KB · Views: 60
  • BTNAttack.tga
    12 KB · Views: 65
  • CompileTreeLion.jpg
    CompileTreeLion.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 116
  • CompileLionMan.jpg
    CompileLionMan.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 115
  • CompileWendidog.jpg
    CompileWendidog.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 160
Level 15
i made no screenshots of new areas, don't know why... You'll just have to wait a bit to see them. Also i set 3 "mushroom locks" that guard the entrance to the temple. Now it is up to you to do the triggering, i marked the regions already. The basic idea is:
3 units have to be in 3 mushroom regions at the same time(mushroom key :p) and then they get teleported to the temple. We could also set the time limit for being in the temple. After that, those units get back to the mushrooms.
I did not set up any gates on forts, that would complicate the unit spawn unnecessary. If you have any suggestions, keep them to yourself(just kidding) cause i will not modify the terrain any more once i upload the map. All your suggestions will be done when all other stages of the map are completed. Your turn, guys!

Alright, I want to see how many people in the group are interested in our nameless project. I'd like to have ALL details of the entire maps lore PMed to me by the people who've originally started on this project so I can create a name for it.

For all other members of the team who AREN'T interested in this map, name a project you would like to work with with any others not wanting to be included in the main project.

Level 5
I made more of the models now I has a question do i need to make multiple models of the same thing or can we just texture it differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.