• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[The New Rising] ORPG - Need Pros!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The New Rising
Online RPG - Needs a good team!

As some of you maybe have seen, I hosted a RuneScape project before. However; there is allready 1-2 people working on that theme. So now, I am hosting a new ORPG, The New Rising.

About TNR:
The New Rising (TNR) is a ORPG for up to 6 players.
TNR will present new spells, models, skins and icons that has never been seen before. TNR will also have new epic systems, a beautiful terrain, good and realisitc Quests and Storyline.

Team that I need for this:
I will need atleast 2-3 GOOD/AWESOME modelers.
1-2 2D art creators.
1(+ me) good terrainer.
2-3 systems and spells creators.
1(+ me) storyline and quest creator.
2-3 people with some good ideas (feel free to post any ideas here, you dont need to be in the team for that :wink:).

To join the team...
1: You must be sure of what you do. You must be able to create good resources that are 100% "secure" (no models with glitches, no spells that are not MUI/Leakfree etc).
2: You must be active on both THW and in the project! If you drop out of the project before it is finished, no credits will be given to you for the work you have done!
3: You must be able to work with a Team. You do what you are told to do, unless you can come up with your own good ideas. Do NOT create resouces that we wont need.
4: You must have alot of time. One of the goals I have for this project, is to create a "Map of the year: 2010". There are tons of ORPGs out there that are useless. Let's not make the same misstake with this one!
5: If you are going away for a week or more, you must find someone that can replace you. We cannot let your trips get in the way of the project :nw:

I am really serious about this project. If you wish, we can change the name etc.
I will start making the map (with terrain etc) when atleast 2-3 people has joined the team. I will host a private forum for us to have our discussions.

I will need:
- Your MSN (Windows Live Messanger).
- Your EMAIL.
- Your Blizzard Account Name.
- One of your resources (or a Screenshot).

If you don't think you can live up to the requirements, don't even borther joining. I need a serious team that can for some months, live for this project.

So, what's in it for you?
- If we can make this map as good as I hope, you could get famous for it.
- Your name will be in the Credits and Loadinscreen of the game.
- When the project is hosted, you will be either Moderator or Admnistrator of the public forum and website that I will create.
- You will be glad you could be a part of this :thumbs_up:

So, think it over and either PM or post a reply here with why you wish to join and a resource of yours.

I hope I'll hear from you soon!

The project will be started: 2010-04-05 (YYYY/MM/DD).

Level 13
I will need:
- Your MSN (Windows Live Messanger).
- Your EMAIL.
- Your Blizzard Account Name.
- One of your resources (or a Screenshot).
that ruined it for me. Even though i werent going to join.

Level 9
1: MSN for instant messaging.
2: EMAIL for newsletters and more detailed information.
3: Blizzard name so I know who you are In-Game (LOL).

3*: Since we will test the map together most of the time, I will need to know who is who and who aint who ^^

Level 13
olol yea.
Well, i can do simple GUI, so it probaly ain't worth to get me on the team.

Level 9
What do you mean with "simple gui"? :p
Can you for example make a system like this:

When someone press ESC (skipps a cinematic scene), a options menu opens with several options that will allow the players to change in-game actions? For example: Change the color of hes/her hero etc?

That is sort of simple GUI, but it can take some time tho :p

Level 13
I'm not that good with Dialog's but i actually guess i can, it would just take a long time. Maybe i can't.

Level 9
Well, you have about a week to train on it :)
Just create a "example" system and I can edit it for you later.

I would create it my self, if it was not cus I need some time now to make the project forum and later, start making some 2D art (such as signatures etc) and start working on the terrain :/

Level 13
OK, i am on it now.

EDIT :
Now done. Download attached file, test, press ESC, change color, change color to blue. Woops, there you go.

Attachments

• System.w3x
    17.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks alot man, but I can't check it now.
Don't have Warcraft on this computer but I will do it when I get home :)
Peace

Level 9
I have now tested the map and here is my sort of "review".
1: The base ideas and functions are good. I might use this system but modify sort of alot :p
2: Why will I modify it?
The game is a ORPG (Online - Multiplayer game). This system only supports 1 player so that will be changed. The system also leaks, but will be fixed :) I will also add some more colors and options.

However; Thank you for this ^^

Level 13
It leaks? Oh goddammit, i don't usually make things that leak xD
The multiple player thing is easily fixed. Just copy/paste.

The colors i just made blue, because that was the first thing.
More options, i didn't know which to, so i just made a "This is for entertainment purposes" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.