• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New AOS - Need crew and ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to make a new AOS map but I will need some help (suggestions and a crew). You will find all the needed information below.

--Project Name----Project Description--
Requiem of a Dream (can be changed ofc)A new AOS map that features a beautiful terrain, new heroes, spells and items. The teams are based on 1-5 player each (just like in DotA). The teams can add resources to the "Team Bank". Whenever they want to (and have the required money), they can upgrade any building, increase damage of towers and so on. There will also be mini-quests and achievements. I want to make some type of Save/Load system that will store the achievements so that whenever a player earns an achievement, it will be showed the next time he/she plays the game. More information about the features will follow.
--Features--
Beautiful terrain
New heroes
New items
New systems
New spells
Achievements
Mini-Quests
Level cap 35
Tournaments system
URL Website
Detailed effects
Custom sounds
Options menu
More bag slots
Camera menu
Good weather and environment setup
Active updating for improvements
Team bank
Upgradeable buildings and units
+ Come with more suggestions!
--Map Information----Data--
Map size190x190
Maximum players10
Bag slots12
Project started2010-12-16
Project deadline2011-04-20
--Sign-up----Information--
If you want to sign-up to join the crew, please use the following information. You can send it either as a PM or reply in this thread.
ProfessionWhat would you like to do in this project, what are you good at?
ExamplesLink some of your work (not required)
ActivityLet me know how active you think you will be in the project. Do you have work or school? Be honest.
Join DateWhen would you like to join the project?

I am in a need of:

• GUI triggerer(s)
  • vJASS/JASS script maker(s)
  • 2D artist(s)
  • 3D modeler(s)
  • Idea heads(s)
  • Storyliner(s)
To join the crew, please make sure you have a MSN or/and Skype (to communicate). I will also make a Map Development thread where we will give information about our progress etc. You do not need to be a extremely skilled Warcraft 3 editor, but people who don't know what they are doing would waste my time.

--Crew Member----Member Profession----Join date----Activity--
-Devinity-Leader2010-12-16 ACTIVE
If you have any suggestions/ideas or just want to ask a question, feel free to PM me or post a reply, thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Level 12
I'll bump this for you. Not sure where your from, but the join dates are Year Month Day on your table? Might be less confusing if it was Month-Day-Year like the Hive/US system.
How'd you calculate the deadling btw?

Profession: Idea/Storyline (I'll be glad to be a secondary terrainer if you need one aswell)
Examples: Well, don't exactly have any but I made the entire storyline for my project.
Activity: To be honest, I can easily find a lot of time to chat with you about Idea/Storyline, but with school and my project, I probably won't be able to put a lot of my time into this.

Glad to be of help if you'll accept me.

Level 4
Ofc I accept you my friend :) I have just started making the basics for the AOS (it will be 6v6 since I am trying to create custom NPC players, I hope it will work as I hope!)

Welcome to the project!
And I am from europe so that's why I use such "strange" date formation :p

Level 12
I don't think "strange" is the right word. Different :p. I'm from Europe to, just lived in the US for most of my life. What country you from?

Also is there any basic storyline/ideas you had in mind? I have many for the hero choosing and things like that. It'd be good if you had a basic idea of a storyline though

Level 12
I tired to add your signature, but mine take up too much space.

Then I took off the Bladetitan, still not eonugh.

No way I'm taking off Derimian, lol.

Level 5
Professional: Idea Head/Storyliner
Activity: at least 45 min - 1 hour everyday

I would like to brainstorm and help come up with hero and item abilities; that's my expertise. I've had a lot of experience playing AoS games in the past, so I would like to bring my knowledge to this table.

Thanks

Level 4
Professional: Idea Head/Storyliner
Activity: at least 45 min - 1 hour everyday

I would like to brainstorm and help come up with hero and item abilities; that's my expertise. I've had a lot of experience playing AoS games in the past, so I would like to bring my knowledge to this table.

Thanks

Welcome to RoaD's project crew my friend! :D
Make 'em ideas coming! Give me your ideas for heroes, systems and whatever you can think of!

Level 5
Welcome to RoaD's project crew my friend! :D
Make 'em ideas coming! Give me your ideas for heroes, systems and whatever you can think of!
It's best if you give me a specific theme and type of hero you are looking for, and then I can try to branch some ability-concepts off of that.

Let me know!

Level 12
Devinity, I recommend you assign us to the category we should brainstorm on. This way, you don't get bombarded with 100s of PMs on the same ideas.

Right now, that would be

nuuh - Systems
Leak- - Hero/Spells (I believe thats what he wanted)

There is no doubt we'd come up with the same ideas, or similar ones, so I recommend you do this.

Level 4
Well you just assigned both of you ^^
Nuuh - Gaming and system part
Leak- - Heroes and spells part

What we need now:
Items and Terrain ideas :p

Level 5
- An ability that applies a debuff to target enemy unit: any gold gained by target over the duration is given to the Gold Digger. Any gold that the Gold Digger loses over the duration, target enemy unit also loses.
* Use on an enemy hero that is farming for free gold
* When your hero about to be killed by enemy hero, use this on a nearby enemy hero: that enemy hero loses gold because your hero died!
* Can be a % of the gold gain/lost as well.

- An ability that applies a debuff to target: any enemy unit that attacks with this debuff will lose gold per attack.
- An ability that uses gold as a cost to further augment his spells?
- An ability that can convert gold into damage? HP/MP? armor? MS? etc
- A passive ability that gives % chance to the GoldDigger that on each attack against an enemy creep, the GoldDigger has to entice that creep into joining his side. If the unit is converted, it's HP is restored to 100%. (no gold cost, just mana cost)

Last edited:
Level 4
Now those were really great ideas man! Good job!

I really liked the Debuff that ensured DPS carrys can't free-farm. Really nice :)
+rep

Level 5
The following is a revised background story, revised tooltips, a note, as well as a spell suggestion. The revised versions still keep the original content of what you created; I just revised them in order to fix grammar errors and improve the overall readability of tooltips.

Please share your thoughts! If anything is confusing or is just plain wrong, don't heistate to let me know so I can clarify or fix.

Background story:
This sturdy rock golem originates from the ancient mountains in the Outland. Once only a simple stone statue, this statue was infused with the soul of the formidable magician Murdon when he died in the same mountains. Not having the slightest clue of what powers he gained from possessing the magician's passing life-force, the statue decided to raid the magician's corpse and discovered a dazzling array of items. After looting those items, he developed a thought-process that transformed him into a greedy being intent on amassing the most important loot of all: Gold. He became blinded with the prospect of gold and could not see anything else that was not gold. Thus, he became the Golddigger.

Spell (1) name: Gold Drain.
Spell description: The Golddigger greeds for the target's gold, causing him to drain (x) gold from the target per second. However, his greed is so strong that his greed consumes (x) of his HP/sec.

Spell (2) name: Eyes on the Prize, Bull's-eye
Spell description: The Golddigger sets his eyes on the target, focusing on it. He teleports to the target, silencing and damaging nearby enemy targets.
* Is the primary target silenced and damaged?

Spell (3) name: The gold is Mine!, Gold Influence
Spell description: The Golddigger is able to manipulate the flow of gold to his advantage. The Golddigger targets an area, casting debuffs on any enemies within. If an enemy hero with this debuff kills the Golddigger, the enemy hero will not gain any gold and nor will the Golddigger lose any gold. If an allied hero kills a target with this debuff, the allied player gains extra gold.

*Spell suggestion
Spell name: Gold Explosive
Spell description: The Golddigger hurls an explosive cocktail composed of expired and unwanted gold at a target enemy. If the target has less gold than the Golddigger, the gold explosive deals X damage and stuns for Y seconds. If the target has more gold than the Golddigger, the gold explosive only deals X damage.
* synergizes with other abilities: this ability becomes more powerful if the Golddigger has more gold than target enemy.
* this spell can be heavily customized to your needs; the effects doesn't have to be limited to damage/stun. the base concept of comparing gold between target enemy and the Golddigger is what is most important here though.

Level 5
Proffesion: Hero/Item (Spell) Idea's and concepts (idea head)
Examples: Sadly, i dont have any xD. Well im a 14 year old RSL/AoS player so i do have some knowledge on the field :D
Activity: Tho i am lazy as hell, i can do 30/45 (More now that we have vacation) minutes (hours) a day.
PS. I do both work and school.

Well im 14, ive got creativity and free time :D
Might aswell help!

Level 4
The following is a revised background story, revised tooltips, a note, as well as a spell suggestion. The revised versions still keep the original content of what you created; I just revised them in order to fix grammar errors and improve the overall readability of tooltips.

Please share your thoughts! If anything is confusing or is just plain wrong, don't heistate to let me know so I can clarify or fix.

Background story:
This sturdy rock golem originates from the ancient mountains in the Outland. Once only a simple stone statue, this statue was infused with the soul of the formidable magician Murdon when he died in the same mountains. Not having the slightest clue of what powers he gained from possessing the magician's passing life-force, the statue decided to raid the magician's corpse and discovered a dazzling array of items. After looting those items, he developed a thought-process that transformed him into a greedy being intent on amassing the most important loot of all: Gold. He became blinded with the prospect of gold and could not see anything else that was not gold. Thus, he became the Golddigger.

Spell (1) name: Gold Drain.
Spell description: The Golddigger greeds for the target's gold, causing him to drain (x) gold from the target per second. However, his greed is so strong that his greed consumes (x) of his HP/sec.

Spell (2) name: Eyes on the Prize, Bull's-eye
Spell description: The Golddigger sets his eyes on the target, focusing on it. He teleports to the target, silencing and damaging nearby enemy targets.
* Is the primary target silenced and damaged?

Spell (3) name: The gold is Mine!, Gold Influence
Spell description: The Golddigger is able to manipulate the flow of gold to his advantage. The Golddigger targets an area, casting debuffs on any enemies within. If an enemy hero with this debuff kills the Golddigger, the enemy hero will not gain any gold and nor will the Golddigger lose any gold. If an allied hero kills a target with this debuff, the allied player gains extra gold.

*Spell suggestion
Spell name: Gold Explosive
Spell description: The Golddigger hurls an explosive cocktail composed of expired and unwanted gold at a target enemy. If the target has less gold than the Golddigger, the gold explosive deals X damage and stuns for Y seconds. If the target has more gold than the Golddigger, the gold explosive only deals X damage.
* synergizes with other abilities: this ability becomes more powerful if the Golddigger has more gold than target enemy.
* this spell can be heavily customized to your needs; the effects doesn't have to be limited to damage/stun. the base concept of comparing gold between target enemy and the Golddigger is what is most important here though.
Thanks man I will change that later!
Once again, thanks!

Proffesion: Hero/Item (Spell) Idea's and concepts (idea head)
Examples: Sadly, i dont have any xD. Well im a 14 year old RSL/AoS player so i do have some knowledge on the field :D
Activity: Tho i am lazy as hell, i can do 30/45 (More now that we have vacation) minutes (hours) a day.
PS. I do both work and school.

Well im 14, ive got creativity and free time :D
Might aswell help!
Well we already have people who give hero ideas and spells. But I'd love some Items ideas so, Welcome to the crew!

Note: I will change the main thread soon! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.