• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crazy System Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Do you have a crazy system that needs to get done,
:goblin_boom:but you don't know how?:goblin_boom:

1. System will be in GUI with custom script IF needed
2. I may accept some systems and deny others, or put them on a waiting list
3. System has to be well thought of, and you must be able to explain it well
4. Any and all custom models or icons must be submitted to me on the map where the system is needed (I don't want to waste time importing)
5. It must not interact with other systems (though you can use other systems in your map, they must not interact), as I don't want the blame for things not working [Bribes indexers and damage engines are fine]
6. I will give you an estimate of how long it will take me, so please don't rush me
7. Credits and rep must be given

Sorry for the ugliness of the post, but that's not what I specialize in ;o!

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
Well then, i got something for you. It's a custom melee where two sides (west and east) battle each other at the top of the map. Taking a portal to the bottom will bring you to dungeons and there are two, one for west and the other for east but both ends up facing the final boss. The dungeons have levels and until you survive the creep spawn waves on the level you are currently in, you cannot move on. However, other bosses won't be easily found as they are hidden until you discover a way to get to the bosses. Once you get to a boss, the battle begins and if other players join the battle (not your ally), you have to deal with them or have a temporary truce but once the boss dies, item is dropped and once the first person gets the item, the teleporters are closed and both sides are sent back to their current dungeon levels (not true for those battling at the top). There are about 5 bosses altogether and each should be triggered well to make it epic. About the map, i will send it to you once i finish the terrain and importing.

Not sure if this is the right place, but tell me what you think about it.

Level 6
@BunnyAng: I doubt it as a system...
@ThisPOT: Can u make a teleport system? Its like the wc3 town portal, but with this you can teleport to a target without interupting them, they still can move when the caster channeling on them and if the target is a building the caster can teleport to target position within 500 AoE of the target. NOTE: Can be cast on minimap to get teleported to nearly ally. Channeling time is about 3 seconds.

Level 11
@ BunnyAng: So basically it's a regular 1v1 map, but with a boss system added to it to spice things up? Anyhow, I need some clarifications before I can begin:

The dungeons have levels and until you survive the creep spawn waves on the level you are currently in, you cannot move on. However, other bosses won't be easily found as they are hidden until you discover a way to get to the bosses.

Where do these waves come from? I was imagining a dungeon with rooms since the bosses are hiding? Do the rooms spawn waves (like snakes coming out of walls, or secret doors opening and goblins coming out)?

once the boss dies, item is dropped and once the first person gets the item, the teleporters are closed and both sides are sent back to their current dungeon levels

I don't understand this part, are the bosses not in those same dungeon levels?

I can do the boss system once I understand a bit better what I am trying to do hehe! :)

------------------------------

@ super_nova: That will be easy but I need a few more specifications before I begin. How many units get teleported and what are the allowed targets for teleportation (only town halls, or units, can teleport anywhere etc).

can teleport to target position within 500 AoE of the target

Should it teleport it to a random point in a 500 AoE around the target?

(I know you said most of it, just making sure we are on the same page)

Level 10
Lol. Like i said, i'm not sure whether this is the right place but it is a 5v5 although you can play it 1v1 or 2v2. Forgive me for my bad explanation lol.

Each level is like a room, surrounded by natural cliffs. It's pretty much like a cave, each being enclosed by a gate. Once you survive the waves for a set amount of duration, then the spawning stops and the gates open after the wave is cleared. If not (meaning the player and his team of adventurers die in the battle and there are no survivors left), the level is reset and you have to play that level again. The spawning is like magic, like fire elementals spawning from the fire and water elementals coming out of the water or skeletons rising from the dead and there are some places where i placed caves for creeps to spawn. Each level has a secret hidden object where you have to interact with to teleport you to the boss's lair (like the portkey in Harry Potter). Note that all bosses are hidden except for the boss at the end of the chamber.

And no, the bosses are at their lair, meaning not in the same location. You have to interact with a certain object to teleport you to the boss's lair. Once the boss dies, there are of course items to drop and the key to winning the game is to possess as much of these boss artifacts. Once a person takes the item, the players from the western team is sent back to the level they currently are and the same applies for the eastern team. If the boss is killed before the teleporter is opened from the other side, it will never be opened again even if it interacted and the team that took down the boss first obviously has the advantage over the opposing team, like having aegis of the immortal in DotA where it is the only item that can be wielded whereas your enemies can't. As for the boss system, i can't seem to do much because i lack the skills to make an awesome boss fight, like dragon boss who flies into the air and rain fire from above. I hope this helps with the misunderstanding :p. I will try to explain as detailed as possible.

Level 11
@ BunnyAng: It sounds good, and I will do it, but I need to know a few more things:

1) What is going on on the top battlefield? Is it like a Hero Wars?

2) How are the levels accessed, is there an entrance somewhere or are you teleported there at a certain point in time?

3)
If the boss is killed before the teleporter is opened from the other side, it will never be opened again

So there are "parallel" identical rooms for each team with a "portkey", and if a boss dies before you open that "portkey" you may never open it again from that side. Can the team that already defeated the boss open it again? Or is it that once a boss is dead he's dead for good?

4) Relating to #3), if a team is already fighting a boss, but the other team uses the portkey, can they backstab the first team and KS the boss?

5) I can help with AI if you need for bosses, if you have the scenarios all prepared

6) I will need the map to do it on, with all the rooms prepared

This should be pretty quick once I get started :)

Level 6
@ super_nova: That will be easy but I need a few more specifications before I begin. How many units get teleported and what are the allowed targets for teleportation (only town halls, or units, can teleport anywhere etc).

Should it teleport it to a random point in a 500 AoE around the target?

(I know you said most of it, just making sure we are on the same page)

It should be 2 kind of teleport for different item, the first is the ordinary town portal, it can teleport to an ally building only, the second is the deluxe town portal, it can teleport to an ally building, and units.
If the caster target a ground, then they will teleported to nearest unit/building, if its a building then they will teleported to a ground near the target point within 500 AoE of the building.
This is a picture of it:

NOTE: I got this from a DotA, you maybe know if you ever played it or you have it

Level 11
Ok, so I will make it a point target ability, and it will automatically send you to the closest allowed unit after some special effect time.

Last question before I make it: Is it possible that there is no unit to select? Or does it always work regardless of how far you clicked from the closest allowed unit?

Level 6
Ok, so I will make it a point target ability, and it will automatically send you to the closest allowed unit after some special effect time.

Last question before I make it: Is it possible that there is no unit to select? Or does it always work regardless of how far you clicked from the closest allowed unit?

Basically, it search for about 2500 range, if there is no target allowed within that range then the teleport will not occur (show a message like "No valid target")

Level 11
@ super_nova: I uploaded the spells, tell me if they are what you wanted.

@ Ender: It's doable, though pretty complex. Is it for a boat system? Also I see that you are good at triggers, are you asking to test me or you actually need it ;p?

Attachments

• Teleport System.w3x
    119.6 KB · Views: 85
Level 6
@ super_nova: I uploaded the spells, tell me if they are what you wanted.

@ Ender: It's doable, though pretty complex. Is it for a boat system? Also I see that you are good at triggers, are you asking to test me or you actually need it ;p?

I've tested it, its very different with what i wanted, it can teleport to target point within 500 AoE of building and the effect and ability type is not channeling too...

Level 6
Its like the picture i show above, if its a building then they will teleported to a ground near the target point within 500 AoE of the building.
So we can't cancel it without losing mana/trigger cooldown.
And the effect is need to be channeling too so anyone can see it.

Level 11
Ok got ya, about the channeling mana issue, I will make it a channel (it's easier anyways lol). But about the random point around the building, what if you get teleported in a blocked area (or there are none)?

EDIT: I'll finish it tomorrow I have to do some errands.

Level 10
@ BunnyAng: It sounds good, and I will do it, but I need to know a few more things:

1) What is going on on the top battlefield? Is it like a Hero Wars?

2) How are the levels accessed, is there an entrance somewhere or are you teleported there at a certain point in time?

3)

So there are "parallel" identical rooms for each team with a "portkey", and if a boss dies before you open that "portkey" you may never open it again from that side. Can the team that already defeated the boss open it again? Or is it that once a boss is dead he's dead for good?

4) Relating to #3), if a team is already fighting a boss, but the other team uses the portkey, can they backstab the first team and KS the boss?

5) I can help with AI if you need for bosses, if you have the scenarios all prepared

6) I will need the map to do it on, with all the rooms prepared

This should be pretty quick once I get started :)

Awesome! Thanks a bunch man. Will be real grateful for your help and your name will be in the Credits list, a big one lol. This map is actually a very old map. Search for Battle of Neutral Hostile 1 & 2 on epicwar. It was started by my friend DavidSoo before i even learnt about Warcraft III. When i tried his game out, i noticed a lot of flaws and bugs in the game (etc: unable to teleport out after battling the Water Boss) so he suddenly gave up making the third version, maybe because of the negative comments i gave :p. So now i finally decided not to let this map go to waste and tried improving it, terrain ( which was really hard to work on since it was an underground tileset map) and gameplay.

1. On the top, there are three sections, western base, eastern base and the battlefield in the middle linking the two bases together. At the base, you build your army and buildings, like any melee map. Note that you don't need to pay a single cost for training, construction, etc except for upgrades or items. This is following my friend's script since it was he who originally made the map himself. If you think your troops are ready for a siege, you can send them to the teleporter at the end of the base that brings you straight into the battlefield. There are two portals in the battlefield at both ends, one on the east and one on the west, for retreating into the base but it doesn't directly send you to the base as it sends you to a walkway where you have to go through a path guarded by friendlies who take out hostile enemies who enter in a single blow, so don't enter the return portals of the opposing team cause it's only suicide. The path to the enemy's base should be blocked by blocks, but i much prefer a wall but i can't seem to make it into a unit that is faced properly so i thought maybe you could do it? Once you make your way to the enemies' wall, tower defenses and at last their fortresses and every single structure (depends on number of players), you win the game. Like the normal melee map, victory conditions applies and AI are played for the slots filled with AI by the game host, although i would appreciate AI who could follow you to the levels and choose custom heroes.

2.The levels are accessed by a waygate, which looks more like a scroll of town portal at the back of the base, but i would prefer to call the level wildernesses. It can be accessed anytime you like, just make sure you have enough force to take on the wave mentioned before to prevent losses.

3. As much as i hate to say it, yes. Once the boss dies, he dies for good and no other way can be used to open the gate, which would be a big disappointment for those who have yet to take the boss on.
Note that the items dropped by bosses classified as legendary will drop upon death, making the game rather challenging.

4. That is the kind of excitement i would go being observer for. It would be like watching ten players in DotA battling for Roshan's aegis. But it would be hard to backstab the enemy, i'll refer to backstabbers as Team A and the first attackers as team B. Since Team B is already fighting the boss, they are aware of everything the boss might pull off or even the portal opening on the otherside of the lair (Team A), despite the fact Team B might be on low hit points. Unlike Team B, Team A doesn't know whether the boss is even battling so they have to enter the lair themselves to find out, which brings them to a big disadvantage (unless if they are maphacking), like Team B luring the boss to the portal of Team A lol. In conclusion, getting Team A's hands on the artifact in a dirty way is very difficult unless Team B is a complete moron who couldn't notice the portal opening, but it is possible after all. Who kills the boss doesn't matter, what matters is who gets the item.

5. That would be great! By the way, what are the scenarios you meant? If you mean by ideas, i don't mind you adding them yourselves since i am working more on terrain rather than bosses now but i'll try working on the scenarios. Already have some running in my head now. One thing i want is spike traps on floors in the Fire Boss battle which emerge every interval cause i already placed them myself.

6. Yeah, i'm almost done, just need to do some imports and terraining that's all. You could use any of the imported custom models which you see fit the as the bosses minions or special effect, as long as they aren't related to the races that are in the game.

Feel free to add in ideas of your own though since most of the bosses are imported and have many animations so i would like you to make use of the cool animations :). I'll post the map once the terrain is finished. Once again, thanks a bunch!

By the way, about super_nova's system, it also destroys nearby trees in case you get blocked and there is no way you can get into an unpathable terrain as i'm pretty sure he's making an AoS map, since this system is originated from DotA. Channeling is to make it less imba. You wouldn't want your enemies to get away from you everytime you gank him, would you?

Last edited:
Level 6
Ok got ya, about the channeling mana issue, I will make it a channel (it's easier anyways lol). But about the random point around the building, what if you get teleported in a blocked area (or there are none)?

EDIT: I'll finish it tomorrow I have to do some errands.

Okay, we can't teleported to a blocked area, it'll destroy nearby trees anyway and about the teleport to buidling its not a random point, its the nearest point from the target like this:

it'll instead to a maximum of 500 area away from the nearest building facing to target

Level 11
@ super_nova: Cool, I get it now. Do you want me to make it destroy destructibles when it ports you in trees? Or make it so it can't port you where it's unpathable?

Also in DOTA I don't think it's a random point? Doesn't it always port you to the same point near the tower (behind it)?

And about the 2nd teleport (to units) was it good besides the channeling or should it port to a point within 500 also?

EDIT: Tell me if this is better, I can always tweak it some more if you need.

Attachments

• Teleport System 2.w3x
    121.8 KB · Views: 109
Level 6
@ super_nova: Cool, I get it now. Do you want me to make it destroy destructibles when it ports you in trees? Or make it so it can't port you where it's unpathable?

Also in DOTA I don't think it's a random point? Doesn't it always port you to the same point near the tower (behind it)?

And about the 2nd teleport (to units) was it good besides the channeling or should it port to a point within 500 also?

EDIT: Tell me if this is better, I can always tweak it some more if you need.

I've tried it, it has a bug
and the port isn't the same with what i wanted it because it always port to the same point, maybe you should try DOTA so you'll now exactly what i want..
Try these items "Town of portal scroll" and "Boots of travel"
EDIT: This the picture of the bug

Level 11
It's not a bug, it teleports you 500 from the target in the direction of the cast point (like you asked), I can set it to a random number between X and 500, that's no prob.
In dota it doesnt port you to a random point it's always the same point behind the tower.

Level 6
It's not a bug, it teleports you 500 from the target in the direction of the cast point (like you asked), I can set it to a random number between X and 500, that's no prob.
In dota it doesnt port you to a random point it's always the same point behind the tower.

Its not that what i meant bugged...
As you can see from the image is, the hero is not channeling the teleport but the teleport cosmetic effects doesn't wear off, and that is forever...
and about the port, its not random point that i wanted, in DOTA it doesnt port you to random point and its not always same point, if you click to the right of the tower then you'll teleported to the right side of tower and if you click to the left of the tower then you'll teleported to the left side... its not always the same point behind the tower

Level 11
in DOTA it doesnt port you to random point and its not always same point, if you click to the right of the tower then you'll teleported to the right side of tower and if you click to the left of the tower then you'll teleported to the left side... its not always the same point behind the tower

I know, but it's always the same point, just different point for different towers, it's a very specific system for their map and it's not really possible to make a spell that will work the same unless it's made the same way (a designated teleport point for each tower).

About the bug, I'll check into it.

Level 18
I would like to request a system. Here it is:

There are 8 locations. Each location will spawn an unique set of 3 units, one unit from the set at a time every 5 seconds in a specific order for 900 seconds. After 900 seconds, the set for each location changes. Then the cycle of spawning begins again. The set for each location changes one last time at 1800 seconds of game time.

I would like to be able to config which units to be in the set, the location and order of spawning.

I know one way to accomplish this, but my method requires 72+ triggers. I was hoping that you might know a better method for this spawning.

Last edited:
Level 11
@ super_nova: It's MUI, the previous effect issue was simply because I didn't remove them at cast (in case someone casts both at once, first gets cancelled now).

EDIT: @ GhostHunter123: No problem, I believe I won't need that many triggers hehe.

Let me re-explain to make sure I understand properly.

-8 Locations (ie: cave entrances that spawn stuff).
-A monster set is assigned to each location (consisting of 3 monster types, how many monster sets though?).
-A random monster from the assigned set spawns every 5 sec at each location.
-After 900 seconds, switch the assigned monster sets at random, and again at 1800.

EDIT: I think I did what you wanted, tell me if it suits you, you can add as many monster sets as you like.

Going to bed, will fix up whats needed tomorrow!...

Attachments

• Location Spawn System.w3x
    19.7 KB · Views: 52
Level 6
What? They got cancelled? so its not MUI?
And what if the caster or the target getting killed?
EDIT: I got another request, not sure if its a system...
Can u make a passive cooldown ability?
Like a critical attack, bash or evasion with cooldown?

Last edited:
Level 18
Thanks a lot, ThisPOT. I will surely give feedback and rep. To answer your question about the number of sets, I did say an unique set. However, each location will actually have 3 sets in all. The switch should not be random because I am working towards to a difficulty system for the creeps. So, the first set of monsters for each location would count as Level 1. Then the next set would be Level 2 and so on.

Also, just to be sure, I add another set of creeps to a location by setting Set_ID to the location id and configuring the creeps. Would that mean another if/then/else statement with the same Set_ID?

Anyway, I know the system currently leaks 8 locations. I know I cannot destroy the locations without running the Initialization process again. Should I run the initialization process again and destroy the location leaks or just forget about them?

Last edited:
Level 11
@ super_nova: let me re explain, if the same unit uses both teleports at same time (or before one is over), it use to not delete the special effect, but it does now ;p.

And yes I can do that, but we will need to use Bribe's indexing & damage engine to make it work well.

@ GhostHunter123: The "leak" actually saves processing speed ;). It just never deletes the 8 locations because they never change, so might as well remember them for good instead of making the computer re-calculate 8 new points every 5 sec.

The Set_ID must be a unique number (no 2 sets can have the same Set_ID number or the one below in the list will never happen).

Lastly, set the SpawnSet_ID is the Set assigned to the location:
IE: - SpawnSet_ID[1] = 3 - means that location #1 will spawn from the set #3.

EDIT: Adding a function so that you can set a Unit Set Level, so that you may increase the randomness without killing game balance.
Also adding a function so that you can choose how many units there are per set.

@ BunnyAng: Cool, let me take a look at it again all and I'll tell you if I need more info/stuff.

EDIT2: Added the new and improved (more specific) Location Spawn System.

Attachments

• Location Spawn System 2.w3x
    20.9 KB · Views: 64
Level 7
@ThisPot, sorry it took me a long to reply, I have been busy, Yes i am good at triggers and could make a system that did it.

you actually need it ;p?
no not really, but you did say crazy system workshop, and no one has made a system that can do that. The hardest part is moving the unit back inside the area, that makes up the ships deck, it would be aweome to make the such a system able to support any shape .

Level 11
@ Ender: It does sound pretty crazy ;p. I will give a it a shot.
Though I will probably only allow units to move within a circle that fits inside the transport at first and complicate things after hehe.

PS: No idea how long this one will take me though, I still have to think of how to do it.

Level 10
@ThisPot, sorry it took me a long to reply, I have been busy, Yes i am good at triggers and could make a system that did it.

no not really, but you did say crazy system workshop, and no one has made a system that can do that. The hardest part is moving the unit back inside the area, that makes up the ships deck, it would be aweome to make the such a system able to support any shape .

I thought i saw this system in a campaign called Joe's Quest, although the boat they are in aren't mobile and it is much more like a terrain instead.

By the way, here's the map. There are some triggers done, my terrible triggers lol. You are free to edit anything inside, except the melee units and terrain (it took me a week, 2 hour each day).
View attachment Battle of Neutral Hostile (Remake).w3x

Status
Not open for further replies.