1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Crazy System Workshop

Discussion in 'Requests' started by ThisPOT, Feb 16, 2013.

1. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It's not a bug, it teleports you 500 from the target in the direction of the cast point (like you asked), I can set it to a random number between X and 500, that's no prob.
    In dota it doesnt port you to a random point it's always the same point behind the tower.

2. super_nova

super_nova

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its not that what i meant bugged...
    As you can see from the image is, the hero is not channeling the teleport but the teleport cosmetic effects doesn't wear off, and that is forever...
    and about the port, its not random point that i wanted, in DOTA it doesnt port you to random point and its not always same point, if you click to the right of the tower then you'll teleported to the right side of tower and if you click to the left of the tower then you'll teleported to the left side... its not always the same point behind the tower

3. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I know, but it's always the same point, just different point for different towers, it's a very specific system for their map and it's not really possible to make a spell that will work the same unless it's made the same way (a designated teleport point for each tower).

About the bug, I'll check into it.

4. super_nova

super_nova

Resources:
    Resources:
    no its not, i've been trying it a million times, and its not the same point...

5. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ok my bad, I actually just did it wrong lol... Tell me if this is better.

Attached Files:

6. super_nova

super_nova

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, i've tried it and this is better, but i can't port closer than 500 range..
    and when i teleport to a unit, it should be port to that unit, not a 500 range away..
    Like this:
    [​IMG]

7. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    No problem for the units.

So when should it port you closer than 500 range for buildings though? Should you be able to choose exactly if within 500 range?

8. super_nova

super_nova

Resources:
    Resources:
    If i click it closer than 500 range, it would port to exactly the place i click

9. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Done (I think ;o)

Attached Files:

10. super_nova

super_nova

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its awesome now! +rep
    But is that MUI? cause it has a little previous effect problem

11. GhostHunter123

GhostHunter123

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I would like to request a system. Here it is:

There are 8 locations. Each location will spawn an unique set of 3 units, one unit from the set at a time every 5 seconds in a specific order for 900 seconds. After 900 seconds, the set for each location changes. Then the cycle of spawning begins again. The set for each location changes one last time at 1800 seconds of game time.

I would like to be able to config which units to be in the set, the location and order of spawning.

I know one way to accomplish this, but my method requires 72+ triggers. I was hoping that you might know a better method for this spawning.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  12. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @ super_nova: It's MUI, the previous effect issue was simply because I didn't remove them at cast (in case someone casts both at once, first gets cancelled now).

EDIT: @ GhostHunter123: No problem, I believe I won't need that many triggers hehe.

Let me re-explain to make sure I understand properly.

-8 Locations (ie: cave entrances that spawn stuff).
    -A monster set is assigned to each location (consisting of 3 monster types, how many monster sets though?).
    -A random monster from the assigned set spawns every 5 sec at each location.
    -After 900 seconds, switch the assigned monster sets at random, and again at 1800.

EDIT: I think I did what you wanted, tell me if it suits you, you can add as many monster sets as you like.

Going to bed, will fix up whats needed tomorrow!...

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
  13. super_nova

super_nova

Resources:
    Resources:
    What? They got cancelled? so its not MUI?
    And what if the caster or the target getting killed?
    EDIT: I got another request, not sure if its a system...
    Can u make a passive cooldown ability?
    Like a critical attack, bash or evasion with cooldown?

14. GhostHunter123

GhostHunter123

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot, ThisPOT. I will surely give feedback and rep. To answer your question about the number of sets, I did say an unique set. However, each location will actually have 3 sets in all. The switch should not be random because I am working towards to a difficulty system for the creeps. So, the first set of monsters for each location would count as Level 1. Then the next set would be Level 2 and so on.

Also, just to be sure, I add another set of creeps to a location by setting Set_ID to the location id and configuring the creeps. Would that mean another if/then/else statement with the same Set_ID?

Anyway, I know the system currently leaks 8 locations. I know I cannot destroy the locations without running the Initialization process again. Should I run the initialization process again and destroy the location leaks or just forget about them?

15. BunnyAng

BunnyAng

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    ThisPOT, the terrain is done but should i also prepare the units, etc: Lava spawns, kobolds and other things? 2nd, should i also point out the events that should happen in each level and boss fight? Let me know once you see this.

16. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @ super_nova: let me re explain, if the same unit uses both teleports at same time (or before one is over), it use to not delete the special effect, but it does now ;p.

And yes I can do that, but we will need to use Bribe's indexing & damage engine to make it work well.

@ GhostHunter123: The "leak" actually saves processing speed ;). It just never deletes the 8 locations because they never change, so might as well remember them for good instead of making the computer re-calculate 8 new points every 5 sec.

The Set_ID must be a unique number (no 2 sets can have the same Set_ID number or the one below in the list will never happen).

Lastly, set the SpawnSet_ID is the Set assigned to the location:
    IE: - SpawnSet_ID[1] = 3 - means that location #1 will spawn from the set #3.

EDIT: Adding a function so that you can set a Unit Set Level, so that you may increase the randomness without killing game balance.
    Also adding a function so that you can choose how many units there are per set.

@ BunnyAng: Cool, let me take a look at it again all and I'll tell you if I need more info/stuff.

EDIT2: Added the new and improved (more specific) Location Spawn System.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2013
  17. Ender

Ender

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @ThisPot, sorry it took me a long to reply, I have been busy, Yes i am good at triggers and could make a system that did it.

no not really, but you did say crazy system workshop, and no one has made a system that can do that. The hardest part is moving the unit back inside the area, that makes up the ships deck, it would be aweome to make the such a system able to support any shape .

18. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @ Ender: It does sound pretty crazy ;p. I will give a it a shot.
    Though I will probably only allow units to move within a circle that fits inside the transport at first and complicate things after hehe.

PS: No idea how long this one will take me though, I still have to think of how to do it.

19. BunnyAng

BunnyAng

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I thought i saw this system in a campaign called Joe's Quest, although the boat they are in aren't mobile and it is much more like a terrain instead.

By the way, here's the map. There are some triggers done, my terrible triggers lol. You are free to edit anything inside, except the melee units and terrain (it took me a week, 2 hour each day).
    View attachment Battle of Neutral Hostile (Remake).w3x

20. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @ BunnyAng: So I definitelly will need more info lol :) There's a lot on your map.

I will need a bit to look into it and tell you what info I need.