• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crazy System Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is my request for you:
How can I quit or change the command buttons (move, hold position, patrol, attack, stop) to gain more space for skills. Normally have 7 spots.

Level 11
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, I have been working on a RPG system pack and I am almost done!... I will continue the requests after.

The system includes a LOT of things that people on the hive keep asking for, like items with randomly chosen/generated stats.

This system will be released on the spells section.

Level 10
Great you're back! Hooray! :grin:

Hey umm ThisPOT, not sure if you are free or not buddy but i' kinda in need of a system that changes fog based on the time of day, for example, midnight should be purple while morning should be grey. Afternoon has no fog while evening turns slightly orange. I know it seems plainly simple but the thing i wanted is it to change colour every second, if possible. My method would be going over 50+ triggers so i wonder if you could help me :p. But if you plan on doing my map first then feel free to do so cuz this request isn't desperately needed for now :).

Edit: Hey ThisPOT, have you started the map already? Cuz i wanna inform you that i have already made changes to the map so notify me when you read this. If you already started tell me and just continue on but if you haven't started i'll post my map then.

Last edited:
Level 9
well i created a topic in the other forum but i guess it wont hurt to post here too

Hello, I've been trying to make ways of creating an item drop table with % chances, I searched the Spells Section for a system but the only ones I found didn't match what i needed or were in vJass (wich i have little to no clue to implement on my map).

So what I wanted to ask is if anyone can please link me to a system or teach me how to do a item drop without repeating "if" actions (a real system), here are some of the details:

- Every creep may drop different items but according to its level (my map will use level req items), ex: a lvl 5 troll may drop lvl 1-5 items, but a lvl 40 ogre will only drop lvl 30-40 items(no low level items on high level monsters)
-There must be a chance for the item type to drop, like 11% for a normal item type, 3% for a magic item type and 1% for a unique item type, for a total chance of 15% drop per kill

It's much like the diablo 2 way of dropping items, there is a chance and part of this chance is a magic/rare item, and the items become stronger depending on the monsters.

Thankss

Level 20
My current project (see my sig) needs a simple, functioning inventory system.
What I had in mind is that the system operates by chat strings/commands:
-The player types -store 1/2/3/4/5/6 << inventory slots and the hero's respective item will be transferred from the hero's inventory to a hidden unit's inventory (has the icon of a backpack)
-The player types -get 1/2/3/4/5/6 to get an item from the backpack back to the hero's respective or available slot (the first available slot)
-Get and store will check if both inventories are full.
-At most let this be GUI :)
-The backpack icon is clickable since the backpack is a unit

That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.